Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) 09:51 - Jun 9 with 5379 viewsSnipper

When he left Wolves, I thought he had a bigger job lined up. Now he’s set to be named the manager of Crystal Palace.

That’s one for The Twilight Zone.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 10:05 - Jun 9 with 4309 viewsrsonist

Palace talks apparently broken down now.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 10:31 - Jun 9 with 4240 viewslightwaterhoop

I guess he wants a move to London.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 10:46 - Jun 9 with 4185 viewsdaveB

rumour was it was more Wolves wanting rid of him than him wanting to move on
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 11:33 - Jun 9 with 4065 viewsphilc

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 10:46 - Jun 9 by daveB

rumour was it was more Wolves wanting rid of him than him wanting to move on

So is it the case of “taking the club as far as he can”? I obviously don’t know anything about what’s going on at Wolves, but if true it does seem a strange decision.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 11:38 - Jun 9 with 4051 viewsDWQPR

I think it was to do with the style of play, he seemed intent on a sit back and hit on the break type of style allowing the opposition plenty of the ball and the sale of Jota to Liverpool didn't help.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 12:46 - Jun 9 with 3912 viewsJogo

I thought he said somewhere that his family are in Portugal and he wanted to return to them. Don't think Palace or Everton are in Portugal.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 13:17 - Jun 9 with 3815 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 11:38 - Jun 9 by DWQPR

I think it was to do with the style of play, he seemed intent on a sit back and hit on the break type of style allowing the opposition plenty of the ball and the sale of Jota to Liverpool didn't help.

I think you hit the nail on the head but Wolves sold Doherty and lost Jimenez to that horrific head injury so it was a bit like death from a thousand cuts .
when they were promoted they were very exciting but last year they were exposed badly IMO .
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 15:06 - Jun 9 with 3579 viewsTheChef

Wolves fans having a Lage.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 16:52 - Jun 9 with 3379 viewsEastR

every time I hear or read his name I want to bless myself with holy water

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 16:58 - Jun 9 with 3355 viewsLazyFan

He has been clever, he has found out they won't invest and can see without funds Wolves could go down.

So, he leaves when he's still a success story, tests Parlarse to see if they will fund players, finds out they won't so moves on. Waiting for a club that let him spend.

zzzzzzzzzz

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 17:41 - Jun 9 with 3275 viewsMrSheen

A friend of mine is a big Palace fan. He said a few months ago that the owners were hoping to bring in another couple of US investors (I mean, what could go wrong?). If they succeeded, they would show Hodgson the door and try to make a splash with a new coach. If not, and there was no more in the kitty, they would try to get one more year out of the old nag. Not sure if Hodgson leaving means the success of Plan A, or that they are in urgent need of a Plan C...certainly a sticky moment if so with half the squad being out of contract, Zaha with the hump and Eze under the knife.

What's the relationship between Nuno and Jorge Mendes? Maybe Palace are afraid of a Hughes/Joorabchian type hollowing out of the club?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 17:42]
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 17:47 - Jun 9 with 3257 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 16:58 - Jun 9 by LazyFan

He has been clever, he has found out they won't invest and can see without funds Wolves could go down.

So, he leaves when he's still a success story, tests Parlarse to see if they will fund players, finds out they won't so moves on. Waiting for a club that let him spend.

A wise man once said: don’t pick clubs, pick chairmen. So if he is working like that he is doing the right thing.
But yeah, inexplicably, wolves fans think they’re ‘sleepwalking to relegation’ with him
In charge next season and wanted him out.
Be interesting to see what happens there.
Back down with us within 5 years.

Bare bones.

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 18:11 - Jun 9 with 3215 viewsLongsufferingR

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 12:46 - Jun 9 by Jogo

I thought he said somewhere that his family are in Portugal and he wanted to return to them. Don't think Palace or Everton are in Portugal.

...and if they are, they will have to quarantine on their return now.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 18:37 - Jun 9 with 3146 viewsbosh67

I kind of think Santo makes sense there. They want to play flowing football. It's a real re-build but he had kind of come to the end of the journey at Palace and would be offered a big war chest to create his own team - and Eze when he returns.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 19:08 - Jun 9 with 3070 viewsrsonist

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 17:41 - Jun 9 by MrSheen

A friend of mine is a big Palace fan. He said a few months ago that the owners were hoping to bring in another couple of US investors (I mean, what could go wrong?). If they succeeded, they would show Hodgson the door and try to make a splash with a new coach. If not, and there was no more in the kitty, they would try to get one more year out of the old nag. Not sure if Hodgson leaving means the success of Plan A, or that they are in urgent need of a Plan C...certainly a sticky moment if so with half the squad being out of contract, Zaha with the hump and Eze under the knife.

What's the relationship between Nuno and Jorge Mendes? Maybe Palace are afraid of a Hughes/Joorabchian type hollowing out of the club?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 17:42]

Hand in glove, is the relationship. Per the Athletic today Palace (or Dougie Freedman, who has good relations with JM's agency) were of the tenuous opinions that Nuno would a) play attacking football that suited what little is left of their squad (he doesn't, it doesn't), b) submit to developing their youth (he ignored Wolves' very decent crop) and c) that they could get only the good stuff from Mendes shelf (lol).

Luckily for Palace the Mendes bunch seem to have had their heads turned by even better patsies in Everton.

This whole revamp process of theirs is frightening though to be honest. Wildly different managers, profiles etc, all dodgy fits. Dyche, Ismael, Nuno... and Steve Cooper? On the same list? No new deals until said random manager comes in, except for Benteke who can have an extension as gratitude for four good months in four years. Where's the strategy? They're in a lottery now.

Said before on here there is a massive difference between being "established" in the Prem and just avoiding relegation for a bunch of years in a row. Ambition is faith, not hope.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 19:22 - Jun 9 with 3048 viewsMrSheen

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 19:08 - Jun 9 by rsonist

Hand in glove, is the relationship. Per the Athletic today Palace (or Dougie Freedman, who has good relations with JM's agency) were of the tenuous opinions that Nuno would a) play attacking football that suited what little is left of their squad (he doesn't, it doesn't), b) submit to developing their youth (he ignored Wolves' very decent crop) and c) that they could get only the good stuff from Mendes shelf (lol).

Luckily for Palace the Mendes bunch seem to have had their heads turned by even better patsies in Everton.

This whole revamp process of theirs is frightening though to be honest. Wildly different managers, profiles etc, all dodgy fits. Dyche, Ismael, Nuno... and Steve Cooper? On the same list? No new deals until said random manager comes in, except for Benteke who can have an extension as gratitude for four good months in four years. Where's the strategy? They're in a lottery now.

Said before on here there is a massive difference between being "established" in the Prem and just avoiding relegation for a bunch of years in a row. Ambition is faith, not hope.

Thanks, very interesting. Can’t see them surviving without Connor Wickham, the best of his generation.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 20:32 - Jun 9 with 2936 viewskensalriser

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 17:47 - Jun 9 by Antti_Heinola

A wise man once said: don’t pick clubs, pick chairmen. So if he is working like that he is doing the right thing.
But yeah, inexplicably, wolves fans think they’re ‘sleepwalking to relegation’ with him
In charge next season and wanted him out.
Be interesting to see what happens there.
Back down with us within 5 years.

Curbishley/Charlton syndrome.

There are only seven clubs that won't be relegated, the rest are only ever one poor season away from the trapdoor.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 23:51 - Jun 9 with 2774 viewsLazyFan

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 20:32 - Jun 9 by kensalriser

Curbishley/Charlton syndrome.

There are only seven clubs that won't be relegated, the rest are only ever one poor season away from the trapdoor.

Agreed.

I think Norwich will stay up this time, a few signings and I think they will get it together and survive this time. I see Watford and Brentford returning quick fast.

So, then it's between Brighton, Burnley, Southampton and Wolves for me who goes down with them.

zzzzzzzzzz

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 00:34 - Jun 10 with 2726 viewsBoston

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 16:52 - Jun 9 by EastR

every time I hear or read his name I want to bless myself with holy water

Indeed, but I keep getting this image of Arthur Daly, nodding his head toward a lock up in Westbourne Park while intoning, Holy Spirit, squire?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 08:35 - Jun 10 with 2561 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 19:08 - Jun 9 by rsonist

Good post.
Fact is, at least 12 clubs are only one poor appointment or bad start away from relegation, and Wolves are certainly in that group.

Bare bones.

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 09:01 - Jun 10 with 2529 viewsBeestonranger

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 08:35 - Jun 10 by Antti_Heinola

Good post.
Fact is, at least 12 clubs are only one poor appointment or bad start away from relegation, and Wolves are certainly in that group.

Friend at work is a Leicester season ticket holder and he says apart from the big 6 the rest are only 2 poor transfers windows away from relegation. Look at the damage done there by Shakespeare in a very short space of time.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 09:46 - Jun 10 with 2468 viewsGroveR

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 23:51 - Jun 9 by LazyFan

Agreed.

I think Norwich will stay up this time, a few signings and I think they will get it together and survive this time. I see Watford and Brentford returning quick fast.

So, then it's between Brighton, Burnley, Southampton and Wolves for me who goes down with them.

I want to see Brentford go for past-it chancers after one last big contract, like the footballing equivalent of the film "Red", hopefully all from Joorabchian's stable. A trolley dash of monumental stupidity and hubris not seen in the Premier league since....err....
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 10:59 - Jun 17 with 2211 viewsrsonist

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/gennaro-gattuso-fiorentina-manager-

Late swerves from Palace and Everton when Nuno looked to have it in the bag, and now Gattuso's been kicked out after 23 days at Fiorentina for him pushing Mendes clients.

Unexpectedly tough times for vulture capitalism.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 15:53 - Jun 17 with 1937 viewsrsonist

Keep em coming, Uncle Jorge.
Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 16:23 - Jun 17 with 1907 viewsJuzzie

Nuno Espírito Santo. (Non QPR obviously) on 15:53 - Jun 17 by rsonist

Keep em coming, Uncle Jorge.

I can understand Fonseca's position. I mean, who can possibly survive on £30k-40k (complete guess but you get the point) a week after tax.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024