Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have Eze back? 23:12 - Mar 1 with 3969 viewsbosh67

Viera doesn't seem to rate him at all, or is he still not 100%. Seems like he'll have to move on after the end of this season to actually get some football. Feels like a waste of a really brilliant player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Can we have Eze back? on 01:21 - Mar 2 with 3791 viewsBoston

We should do the decent thing and offer to pay part of his wages.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Can we have Eze back? on 02:57 - Mar 2 with 3748 viewsVancouverHoop

He's unlucky. Injured before Viera arrived, and hasn't yet been able to get the manager's attention. Palace also have a surfeit of forwards so he'll probably have to wait until there's an injury to get any chance of a run in the team.
Can we have Eze back? on 05:33 - Mar 2 with 3681 viewscyprusmel

5 subs allowed yesterday and he still could not get on the pitch.
Can we have Eze back? on 09:15 - Mar 2 with 3348 viewsPinnerPaul

We had this with Freeman - "Wilder didn't like him" - new manager didn't play him, went to Forest - did nothing there........

People said he was not Hodgson's type of player, now he's not Viera's?

Still early days, but as we've seen with loads and loads of players a very good Championship player does not automatically make a very good PL player.

Most obvious current example is Mitrovic.

I'm not writing him off yet - that would be stupid and maybe another PL club would work, but it may not.
Can we have Eze back? on 09:30 - Mar 2 with 3318 viewsessextaxiboy

Palace are not safe and for teams who's absolute priority is staying up he will be seen as a luxury player.
We know how disciplined and hardworking he can be but they just wont risk it .
A top team needs to take a chance on him .
Can we have Eze back? on 10:07 - Mar 2 with 3220 viewsstowmarketrange

Can we have Eze back? on 09:30 - Mar 2 by essextaxiboy

Palace are not safe and for teams who's absolute priority is staying up he will be seen as a luxury player.

He works harder than Zaha and he doesn’t fall over as much.And he is better at taking penalties than him too.
Can we have Eze back? on 10:15 - Mar 2 with 3200 viewsLythamR

Can we have Eze back? on 10:07 - Mar 2 by stowmarketrange

He works harder than Zaha and he doesn’t fall over as much.And he is better at taking penalties than him too.

I think the issue is Pace, if he was as quick as the others he would be a shoe in
Can we have Eze back? on 10:17 - Mar 2 with 3188 viewsrobith

He's coming back from a fairly severe injury and having his time managed.

Plus several of Palace's forward signings have really hit the ground running
Login to get fewer ads

Can we have Eze back? on 10:49 - Mar 2 with 3091 viewsMyke

Once he goes to Newcastle for £45m he'll be grand - and so will we
Can we have Eze back? on 10:51 - Mar 2 with 3087 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can we have Eze back? on 09:15 - Mar 2 by PinnerPaul

We had this with Freeman - "Wilder didn't like him" - new manager didn't play him, went to Forest - did nothing there........

People said he was not Hodgson's type of player, now he's not Viera's?

Still early days, but as we've seen with loads and loads of players a very good Championship player does not automatically make a very good PL player.

Most obvious current example is Mitrovic.

I'm not writing him off yet - that would be stupid and maybe another PL club would work, but it may not.

I mean, he was brilliant under Hodgson. Was about to get called up for England before his injury. Every Palace fan absolutely adored him. Got plaudits from everywhere last season.

Bare bones.

Can we have Eze back? on 12:36 - Mar 2 with 2897 viewsterryb

Can we have Eze back? on 09:30 - Mar 2 by essextaxiboy

Palace are not safe?

Not mathmatically of course, but the chances of finishing below any of Norwich, Watford, Brentford, Leeds & Everton are extremely remote. They are on 30 points & have 11 games remaining having lost only once in their last 5 matches (only won once as well!).
Can we have Eze back? on 13:39 - Mar 2 with 2740 viewsessextaxiboy

Can we have Eze back? on 12:36 - Mar 2 by terryb

Palace are not safe?

Not mathmatically of course, but the chances of finishing below any of Norwich, Watford, Brentford, Leeds & Everton are extremely remote. They are on 30 points & have 11 games remaining having lost only once in their last 5 matches (only won once as well!).

A lot of the other teams have a couple of games in hand . Except Brentford
Palace have achieved their recent record without playing Eze so sort of proves the point.
Can we have Eze back? on 17:04 - Mar 2 with 2520 viewsPinnerPaul

Can we have Eze back? on 10:51 - Mar 2 by Antti_Heinola

I mean, he was brilliant under Hodgson. Was about to get called up for England before his injury. Every Palace fan absolutely adored him. Got plaudits from everywhere last season.

"About to get called up for England"?????

Did I imagine the posts on here saying that he wasn't Hodgson's sort of player?

Certainly was left out a lot more than he was left in!

As I said a bit too early to write him off or blame Viera that he isn't, cough, cough, playing for England, but the point I'm sticking to, is its a bit simplistic to just blame the guy in charge who actually sees him work every day.
Can we have Eze back? on 17:26 - Mar 2 with 2465 viewssparkey

Can we have Eze back? on 17:04 - Mar 2 by PinnerPaul

As I said a bit too early to write him off or blame Viera that he isn't, cough, cough, playing for England, but the point I'm sticking to, is its a bit simplistic to just blame the guy in charge who actually sees him work every day.

I defo wouldnt write this fella off. Without a doubt good enough for Palace, I'm more wondering if Palace is good enough for him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/26/eberechi-eze-sent-notice-of-fir
Can we have Eze back? on 18:46 - Mar 2 with 2310 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can we have Eze back? on 17:04 - Mar 2 by PinnerPaul

Yes he was - a provisional squad for the Euros, but still part of it. And some surprises did make the final squad, so who knows?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/26/eberechi-eze-sent-notice-of-fir

He may have started slowly, but he was a regular by the end of the season: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=100391&season_id=153 and seen as a super player by all. A lot of fans here before he went said he wasn't RH's sort of player, but he had a really good season and was given the number 10 shirt in the summer.

I certainly wasn't blaming Vieira, I think he's doing a good job there. But I think you can stop the patronising coughs about him playing for England, because it was widely reported at the time and many pundits thought he'd get in the squad this season, had he not been injured.

Bare bones.

Can we have Eze back? on 18:50 - Mar 2 with 2299 viewsqueensparker

Sadly the best thing Eze could do for us now is have a few blinding games and get snapped up for another mammoth sum.

Looks like Chelsea won’t have the funds tho lol
Can we have Eze back? on 22:32 - Mar 2 with 2003 viewss1cRanger

I went to the Palace Vs Stoke game last night and was hoping to see Eze play. Similar to the original poster has said when he didn't get a chance last night I initially thought Viera doesn't rate him. However seeing Olise and Zaha play I couldn't see where he could fit into the team with them both. I think they will hold onto him as they will need a Zaha replacement (most Palace supporters reckon his time is almost up with them)

Having said all that... This would have been the perfect game for Eze to show them all what he can do while rebuilding on the way back to recovery after injury
Can we have Eze back? on 17:45 - Mar 3 with 1589 viewsPinnerPaul

Can we have Eze back? on 18:46 - Mar 2 by Antti_Heinola

Yes he was - a provisional squad for the Euros, but still part of it. And some surprises did make the final squad, so who knows?

He may have started slowly, but he was a regular by the end of the season: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=100391&season_id=153 and seen as a super player by all. A lot of fans here before he went said he wasn't RH's sort of player, but he had a really good season and was given the number 10 shirt in the summer.

I certainly wasn't blaming Vieira, I think he's doing a good job there. But I think you can stop the patronising coughs about him playing for England, because it was widely reported at the time and many pundits thought he'd get in the squad this season, had he not been injured.

Fair enough on the provisional squad, but can't seriously be anywhere near that now, given the lack of game time.
Can we have Eze back? on 09:58 - Mar 4 with 1277 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can we have Eze back? on 17:45 - Mar 3 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough on the provisional squad, but can't seriously be anywhere near that now, given the lack of game time.

whoever said he was?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024