Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
austin 15:30 - Mar 20 with 5662 viewsdelhoop

why is he getting in the team,was a great player for us but now has no movement,other people say you can’t throw in armstrong but surely he’d able to move around a bit more and cause defenders more of a problem
austin on 15:42 - Mar 20 with 4412 viewsJAPRANGERS

He only gets into the team because of sentimentalism, because of the player he was 10 years ago.
But there’s no room in football for passengers. He has earned a great living but time now to boot him out as he can’t do it anymore.
austin on 15:45 - Mar 20 with 4376 viewsSK_hoops

On the flip side what did we actually create for him besides a half chance?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 15:50]
austin on 15:48 - Mar 20 with 4324 viewsnumptydumpty

He has another year on his contract.

He is sadly not a Championship player anymore and works for talksport and probably as has interests in racing, spent lot his attentions on the Cheltenham festival this week...

Loved him first time round and last season as a potential player coach.

This season sadly its been a non event for Charlie and much as would like to see it, don't think the desire to 100% focus on the job in hand, ie works elsewhere, think his Mojo has gone !!!

Don't like to say that though but from the outside seems to be the situation.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

austin on 15:48 - Mar 20 with 4322 viewsParkRoyalR

austin on 15:45 - Mar 20 by SK_hoops

It would help if he wasn't so immobile.
austin on 15:49 - Mar 20 with 4317 viewscorse

Should have not been signed for the second time just because he managed to screw three months good run out of himself after spending few years mostly in oblivion
austin on 17:59 - Mar 20 with 4003 viewsDamo1962

austin on 15:49 - Mar 20 by corse

Should have not been signed for the second time just because he managed to screw three months good run out of himself after spending few years mostly in oblivion

Him and Dykes are two of the main reasons we are unable to sustain any momentum. Wouldn't miss either of them.
austin on 20:31 - Mar 20 with 3784 viewsLazyFan

austin on 15:45 - Mar 20 by SK_hoops

No he had a full chance whereby all he had to do was hit the target and it would have been a certain goal.

True he needs chances, but he has gone and Warbs knows it which is why Gray is now ahead of him.

zzzzzzzzzz

austin on 20:34 - Mar 20 with 3769 viewsbosh67

I think the loss of his grandmother, who was instrumental in his upbringing has massively affected him. He really hasn't been at it since. Strangely, unlike others, I think he can recover his mojo.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

austin on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 3613 viewsdigswellhoop

correct
austin on 21:42 - Mar 20 with 3595 viewsBAWHoops

austin on 15:49 - Mar 20 by corse

There's not a QPR fan alive who would've said this in the summer.

He needs to play in a two, he always has.
He needs to start games and not come off the bench (2 goals for us ever as a sub!)

Not been his season

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

austin on 21:45 - Mar 20 with 3578 viewsParkRoyalR

austin on 20:34 - Mar 20 by bosh67

I think the loss of his grandmother, who was instrumental in his upbringing has massively affected him. He really hasn't been at it since. Strangely, unlike others, I think he can recover his mojo.

Always seems in great form on Talksport tho.
austin on 21:59 - Mar 20 with 3528 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Supposedly fit professional sportsman being paid thousands of pounds a week can’t run around and has lost his mojo because Nanny popped her clogs? Do me a favour.
austin on 22:04 - Mar 20 with 3494 viewsdaveB

Grasping at straws to single out Austin today, came on with the game lost into a team who didn't put a single ball into the box for him, not sure what he was supposed to do
austin on 22:08 - Mar 20 with 3473 viewsted_hendrix

Love Charlie to death and I'll always defend him but them days are now over.
Delighted when we re-signed him but mistakingly I thought It was for one season but of course it is for two seasons which was madness.
If It's financially possible he should be paid off at the end of the season, he is just not or cannot do It anymore.
I hate talking about the bloke like this but If anyones wondering where Lyndon Dykes has gone It looks to me like Charlie has eaten him in a hot dog bun.

Thanks for the good times Charlie but goodbye, we gotta move on without you.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

austin on 00:42 - Mar 21 with 3293 viewsDamo1962

With the greatest respect Bosh...that is wishful thinking. Don't deny what your own eyes can see. I think Charlie would run through a brick wall for us if he could, he just can't.
austin on 07:17 - Mar 21 with 3079 viewsDWQPR

To be fair of the four loan signings made into permanents over the summer only Field was worth signing and it’s significant that he is more at the start of his career than end. Austin is finished, he seems to have more interest outside of football now. Johansen has been poor most of the season and De Vijs had reverted back to what Hull supporters thought we had got and that was a crock. Although to be fair, when fit he was infinite better than Sanderson has been, who sorry to say seems to be using the club for game time and experience rather than trying to help the team to promotion. And as for Hendrick when he has been parachuted in ahead of Amos I just don’t get it at all. Amos is everything that Hendrick isn’t. I can accept that we don’t get to the play offs and I can accept that the club is now being managed within the confines of FFP and has to find these rough diamonds. But we were doing this only a couple of years ago and suddenly we stopped.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

austin on 08:07 - Mar 21 with 2966 viewsParkRoyalR

austin on 22:04 - Mar 20 by daveB

Grasping at straws to single out Austin today, came on with the game lost into a team who didn't put a single ball into the box for him, not sure what he was supposed to do

Well if he was as fit as Adomah is he might'nt have snatched at that very good chance or trundled around the box trying to find half a yard to get a shot off that was as usual easily closed down and there were crosses into the box which he was nowhere near.

So what is he bringing to the team, other than showing your second job is more important than playing for your club?

It needs sorting in the summer thats for sure.
austin on 08:43 - Mar 21 with 2886 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I love Austin too but he's looked like Tomer Hemed in the Bolton game at times this season movement wise.

I'm still hoping he can have one last huzzar with us.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

austin on 09:33 - Mar 21 with 2796 viewsdannyblue

austin on 21:42 - Mar 20 by BAWHoops

There's not a QPR fan alive who would've said this in the summer.

He needs to play in a two, he always has.
He needs to start games and not come off the bench (2 goals for us ever as a sub!)

Not been his season

Beg to differ. His aggression, know-how in the box, and effect on Lyndon were great last season. But it was already obvious that physically he wasn't up to it any more. I wouldn't have given him a contract, certainly not a two year one, and am pretty sure I've argued that somewhere. Smells of a Fernandes personal project that signing. Hope he recovers his confidence though - he has been a great goalscorer for us and it's useful to have a bit of nastiness on the pitch too.
austin on 10:02 - Mar 21 with 2713 viewsdaveB

austin on 08:07 - Mar 21 by ParkRoyalR

Well if he was as fit as Adomah is he might'nt have snatched at that very good chance or trundled around the box trying to find half a yard to get a shot off that was as usual easily closed down and there were crosses into the box which he was nowhere near.

So what is he bringing to the team, other than showing your second job is more important than playing for your club?

It needs sorting in the summer thats for sure.

Is that the same Adomah who's every cross in recent weeks has been woeful? He's getting a free pass at the moment.

I didn't think Austin did much when he came on but not sure what he was supposed to do paired up front with Jimmy Dunne with no service at all. He was the least of our problems yesterday
austin on 10:10 - Mar 21 with 2694 viewsParkRoyalR

austin on 10:02 - Mar 21 by daveB

Is that the same Adomah who's every cross in recent weeks has been woeful? He's getting a free pass at the moment.

I didn't think Austin did much when he came on but not sure what he was supposed to do paired up front with Jimmy Dunne with no service at all. He was the least of our problems yesterday

Adomah sat up a peach of a cross in the 1st Half which Gray headed onto the post and arguably should have scored and made it 2-0 nil and 3 points.

Admittedly one over-hit cross in 2nd Half but if the only thing Austin is offering is that the others have to work to give him tap-ins, that you or I could finish, then the club could save a million quid a year and play me, as I would challenge for every header and show for every ball as well as tap-in any gimme that came my way.
austin on 10:13 - Mar 21 with 2687 viewsdaveB

austin on 10:10 - Mar 21 by ParkRoyalR

Adomah sat up a peach of a cross in the 1st Half which Gray headed onto the post and arguably should have scored and made it 2-0 nil and 3 points.

Admittedly one over-hit cross in 2nd Half but if the only thing Austin is offering is that the others have to work to give him tap-ins, that you or I could finish, then the club could save a million quid a year and play me, as I would challenge for every header and show for every ball as well as tap-in any gimme that came my way.

maybe put yourself forward then.

I don't think Austin needs to be provided with tap ins but a cross in his general direction might be handy once in a while. Not just him though Dykes and Gray get very little service either.
austin on 10:36 - Mar 21 with 2641 viewsParkRoyalR

austin on 10:13 - Mar 21 by daveB

maybe put yourself forward then.

I don't think Austin needs to be provided with tap ins but a cross in his general direction might be handy once in a while. Not just him though Dykes and Gray get very little service either.

I think even our most blinkered fans can now accept that Austin is 3rd choice behind Dykes + Gray,

Given the size of Gray, for Warburton to be forced to start him and not rotate with Austin is just beyond embarrassing.

For those who continually slate Dykes, just think, Austin is not even good enough to be his understudy.
austin on 10:44 - Mar 21 with 2620 viewsTheChef

austin on 15:48 - Mar 20 by ParkRoyalR

It would help if he wasn't so immobile.

Ciro?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

austin on 10:45 - Mar 21 with 2612 viewsdaveB

austin on 10:36 - Mar 21 by ParkRoyalR

I think even our most blinkered fans can now accept that Austin is 3rd choice behind Dykes + Gray,

Given the size of Gray, for Warburton to be forced to start him and not rotate with Austin is just beyond embarrassing.

For those who continually slate Dykes, just think, Austin is not even good enough to be his understudy.

Gray had scored in the last 3 games so not sure why you would want him rotated, Of course Austin is 3rd choice now and hasn't had a good season by his high standards. It's a real shame it hasn't worked out so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024