Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM 18:18 - Apr 2 with 2946 viewsEastR

Thomas for me. Could hold his head high for that effort even in defeat.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

MOTM on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 2326 viewsQPROslo

Moses for me. Our only threat going forward with some dangerous crosses, good defending and covering even over on the left side. Westwood was good too.
MOTM on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 2326 viewsbenhurst

Thought Thomas was great and probably my MOTM but I also felt Sanderson put in a good shift today - there was one wayward pass in the first half but he made some huge tackles, especially in the second half.
MOTM on 18:28 - Apr 2 with 2307 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thomas was decent, but no one played badly. Dickie, Amos and Field all better. Classic Moses performance mixing some good play with the regular inability to make a 3 yard pass. Just not hood enough for me clive.

Bare bones.

MOTM on 18:37 - Apr 2 with 2255 viewsParkRoyalR

Moses by some distance, never stopped showing + running and looked our only player capable of beating a man.
MOTM on 18:55 - Apr 2 with 2163 viewsgolborne

MOTM on 18:28 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

Thomas was decent, but no one played badly. Dickie, Amos and Field all better. Classic Moses performance mixing some good play with the regular inability to make a 3 yard pass. Just not hood enough for me clive.

So you’re gonna pass over the stay goal side for dickie on the first goal?
Really let himself down there, as he was solid other than that. We’re a shadow of the team that
Started the season, in terms of movement and quick passing, but that’s what happens when you add solidity, and people who need 2 touches to control a ball in CM. It’s a balancing act that’s arguably gone against us.
MOTM on 18:57 - Apr 2 with 2152 viewsWatfordR

Really don't think we played badly at all. We were playing what is essentially a Prem team with Prem money and Prem resources at full strength, whilst being without our first choice goalie (err, and second and third and fourth choice goalie actually!), our likely POTY and our first choice no 10.

It isn't today's performance and result that has screwed us. It's losing at home to Cardiff (lost 0-4 at home today) and Peterborough (lost 0-4 at home today).

Very pleased that Thomas got such a good ovation when he went off, but very decent performances all over the field.
MOTM on 19:14 - Apr 2 with 2089 viewsnix

MOTM on 18:57 - Apr 2 by WatfordR

Really don't think we played badly at all. We were playing what is essentially a Prem team with Prem money and Prem resources at full strength, whilst being without our first choice goalie (err, and second and third and fourth choice goalie actually!), our likely POTY and our first choice no 10.

It isn't today's performance and result that has screwed us. It's losing at home to Cardiff (lost 0-4 at home today) and Peterborough (lost 0-4 at home today).

Very pleased that Thomas got such a good ovation when he went off, but very decent performances all over the field.

I agree with this. I'm really getting tired of the tear it all up refrain we keep hearing every time we lose. As you say, we're without arguably our top two players at the moment. I don't know if we've just got a different view of what being a supporter is, in that I see it as actually being behind the team and the players, so long as they're actually trying, which I think they are.

George and Moses were my MOM today, never stopped working and showing for the ball. Amos also did well and I thought Dykes did a couple of flicks that could have ended up with something.

I'd have liked to see McCallum come on in the second half. Lee wasn't really able to do much and we were going down the right side too much, which was absolutely being cut off by Ream every time we tried to cross in from that side. I'm not sure that I'd have brought Charlie on for this one, he wouldn't have been one of my subs.

It isn't this match that's lost us the play offs, it's February's games that scuppered us, unfortunately. Losing four goalies in a row hasn't helped.

But we weren't humiliated unlike some of the teams against Fulham, who were certainly up for it today, and would have liked to get six past us.
MOTM on 19:21 - Apr 2 with 2050 viewsozranger

I'm in the Thomas camp as well. I thought Dykes also put in a good shift given he had only 20-odds mins over the past six weeks or so.

One problem we did have was that the wing backs tended to pass back instead of crossing the ball into the box. During the first half we caused them no end of problems each time the ball reached their penalty area. So, no for Moses. Also, like most of our defenders, he was hesitant in sending the long ball over the top when either Thomas or Dykes made a run.

As to the defenders, I for one ask why Mitrovic was not hit in the back a few times by each of the defenders. They tend to be too nice. If that was one of our players (see Dykes incident in the first half), our player would have suffered it. It was quite obvious that he was their main strike force. So, why not put him on the floor from behind a few times, once by each defender and make sure he has some bruises after the game and not the clean shirt that he did have.
Login to get fewer ads

MOTM on 19:22 - Apr 2 with 2054 viewsHarbour

Yes George was good today ran his heart out with a bit of composure could have got the equaliser before half time. The team did the vest they could no lack of effort just came up against a better team and questionable ref decisions. Play offs gone let's finish as high as we can.
MOTM on 19:22 - Apr 2 with 2054 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thomas gave it a good go today and thought Amos did well. Fulham looked very comfortable in this game and the poor penalty decision killed any chance of us getting something. Although we never really looked like scoring. Pleased we were not tonked to be honest.
MOTM on 19:22 - Apr 2 with 2049 viewsAntti_Heinola

MOTM on 18:55 - Apr 2 by golborne

So you’re gonna pass over the stay goal side for dickie on the first goal?
Really let himself down there, as he was solid other than that. We’re a shadow of the team that
Started the season, in terms of movement and quick passing, but that’s what happens when you add solidity, and people who need 2 touches to control a ball in CM. It’s a balancing act that’s arguably gone against us.

Not pass over, but Moses must’ve given the ball away 5 or 6 times when trying to complete a simple pass. He’s basically a sloppy player. For the goal, its v difficult to defend that sort of cross, the damage was done much earlier in the move.

Bare bones.

MOTM on 19:25 - Apr 2 with 2033 viewsAntti_Heinola

MOTM on 19:21 - Apr 2 by ozranger

I'm in the Thomas camp as well. I thought Dykes also put in a good shift given he had only 20-odds mins over the past six weeks or so.

One problem we did have was that the wing backs tended to pass back instead of crossing the ball into the box. During the first half we caused them no end of problems each time the ball reached their penalty area. So, no for Moses. Also, like most of our defenders, he was hesitant in sending the long ball over the top when either Thomas or Dykes made a run.

As to the defenders, I for one ask why Mitrovic was not hit in the back a few times by each of the defenders. They tend to be too nice. If that was one of our players (see Dykes incident in the first half), our player would have suffered it. It was quite obvious that he was their main strike force. So, why not put him on the floor from behind a few times, once by each defender and make sure he has some bruises after the game and not the clean shirt that he did have.

Goal apart, i thought we marshalled mitro extremely well. Certainly didn’t need to whack him as Dickie beat him to most balls.

Bare bones.

MOTM on 19:39 - Apr 2 with 1968 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM on 19:22 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

Not pass over, but Moses must’ve given the ball away 5 or 6 times when trying to complete a simple pass. He’s basically a sloppy player. For the goal, its v difficult to defend that sort of cross, the damage was done much earlier in the move.

I don't get our fans, Moses wore the shirt with pride today, worked his socks off, was the only player (with Thomas) who carried the game to them and tried to beat his man, and apparently gave the ball away 5 or 6 times!

Did Austin touch the ball in 30 minutes other that 2 woeful efforts to control the ball? I know who's wages I'd be gladly paying this week and who's yet again I'd be paying begrudgingly.
MOTM on 19:54 - Apr 2 with 1909 viewsgobbles

MOTM on 19:39 - Apr 2 by ParkRoyalR

I don't get our fans, Moses wore the shirt with pride today, worked his socks off, was the only player (with Thomas) who carried the game to them and tried to beat his man, and apparently gave the ball away 5 or 6 times!

Did Austin touch the ball in 30 minutes other that 2 woeful efforts to control the ball? I know who's wages I'd be gladly paying this week and who's yet again I'd be paying begrudgingly.

Moses is such an up and down player. Second half he was good, but first half.... I remember the incident when Fulham hit the post, he was caught way upfield, as they ran in down our right. But Moses was so slow getting back, not only did he not get back by the time they hit the post, he was still out of position by the time the follow-up attack came.
The move for the penalty also came from his poor pass. Another example of us making risky short passes with very little upside, rather than getting it forward, which put us under instant pressure. I thought Thomas was MOTM. We lost a huge amount when he went off. Second best was Westwood, with maybe Barbet and Dickie.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 19:55]
MOTM on 19:57 - Apr 2 with 1884 viewsgobbles

MOTM on 19:22 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

For the first goal, I thought Sanderson followed the player out to the touchline, but then left him alone when he went back in the box and we were caught short as a result.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 9:36]
MOTM on 20:12 - Apr 2 with 1836 viewsVancouverHoop

I'd query why Thomas was taken off so early. He was the only player in hoops with any real pace, and it caused Fulham problems. He didn't seem to be out of gas, or injured so...?
MOTM on 20:13 - Apr 2 with 1836 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I had Barbet as my motm. I've not seen the penalty back but imagine he was a new signing and played like that. We'd be raving about him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

MOTM on 20:28 - Apr 2 with 1797 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I agree I thought Moses played really well. As he has for a while. There were a couple of times second half where he could have played one of our players in down the right wing and chose to hold on to the ball where I thought he should have taken a chance. Particularly the second one where Dykes made a point of it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

MOTM on 21:10 - Apr 2 with 1725 viewsAntti_Heinola

MOTM on 20:12 - Apr 2 by VancouverHoop

I'd query why Thomas was taken off so early. He was the only player in hoops with any real pace, and it caused Fulham problems. He didn't seem to be out of gas, or injured so...?

He’d worked really, really hard and was knackered, absolutely blowing. Had a good game but his race was run! Not a reflection on his performance i’m sure.

Bare bones.

MOTM on 21:13 - Apr 2 with 1706 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sorry, i probably wasn’t clear enough: absolutely agree, thought Moses worked hard and had a good game and tried to attack them. I just don’t have him down as motm because he made some really sloppy passes (one of which directly started their move for the pen). Had no prob with his attitide, application, and had him as a solid 6/10 or 6.5. I’d give no one today more than a 7.

Bare bones.

MOTM on 21:16 - Apr 2 with 1695 viewsterryb

I'm another one who thought Thomas was our best player.

Not that I thought any of them had a poor game, but our only chance was the Thomas volley that he somehow managed to get to.

I've not seen any replay, but from the other end of the stadium, the penalty looked like another bad joke.
MOTM on 21:19 - Apr 2 with 1678 viewsnumptydumpty

Was a decent effort today.

In the game until dubious pen killed it.

Thomas, always impressed by his endeavour. Definitely a trier and once one goal goes in, I reckon more could follow.

I think we got a nose bleed ie two months ago, we were chasing the top two.

We have had a terrible run with injuries, and perhaps our transfer window was more destructive than constructive but we can't say we not done well this season.

Our expectations been increased by impressive form but we were far from outclassed today.

We don't have squad depth in certain areas to cope with consistently winning but with the money available, we cannot really criticise.

Overall these guys are an impressive bunch....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

MOTM on 09:30 - Apr 3 with 1388 viewsBurnleyhoop

MOTM on 21:13 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

Sorry, i probably wasn’t clear enough: absolutely agree, thought Moses worked hard and had a good game and tried to attack them. I just don’t have him down as motm because he made some really sloppy passes (one of which directly started their move for the pen). Had no prob with his attitide, application, and had him as a solid 6/10 or 6.5. I’d give no one today more than a 7.

Agree. Moses has all the physical attributes and works hard, but he is sloppy with the ball, makes poor decisions and his positional sense is not great. He worked hard yesterday so fair play to the lad, but he will never make a top defender unless he improves his decision making. Ultimately, that’s what sorts the wheat from the chaff.
MOTM on 09:46 - Apr 3 with 1352 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM on 09:30 - Apr 3 by Burnleyhoop

Agree. Moses has all the physical attributes and works hard, but he is sloppy with the ball, makes poor decisions and his positional sense is not great. He worked hard yesterday so fair play to the lad, but he will never make a top defender unless he improves his decision making. Ultimately, that’s what sorts the wheat from the chaff.

I disagree on this Burnley, he saw the problems yesterday in that we couldn't pass our way out from the back and actually stepped up and tried to do something about it.

He could have sat in as Wallace did or done a Jake Bidwell and played for himself rather than for the team.

I thought he showed desire + fight yesterday which is what I want from anyone who wears the shirt. Others seem to cower yesterday but fair play he didn't.

I don't understand why Warburton doesn't start him in his more natural position of LWB, as Wallace is nearly 35 and only works well with Chair, I would give Moses a contract asap as with a few more additions next year he will prove what an asset he is to the team.
MOTM on 10:03 - Apr 3 with 1314 viewsBurnleyhoop

MOTM on 09:46 - Apr 3 by ParkRoyalR

I disagree on this Burnley, he saw the problems yesterday in that we couldn't pass our way out from the back and actually stepped up and tried to do something about it.

He could have sat in as Wallace did or done a Jake Bidwell and played for himself rather than for the team.

I thought he showed desire + fight yesterday which is what I want from anyone who wears the shirt. Others seem to cower yesterday but fair play he didn't.

I don't understand why Warburton doesn't start him in his more natural position of LWB, as Wallace is nearly 35 and only works well with Chair, I would give Moses a contract asap as with a few more additions next year he will prove what an asset he is to the team.

It’s all about opinions Park and I have no issue with yours.
Agree that he needs to be on the left has he has no right foot and constantly cuts inside negating the option of a cross from that rhs.
Generally we haven’t been “looking after the ball” in recent games and, for me, Moses gives it away far too often and it can be frustrating to see, particularly in dangerous areas that result in counter attacks when we have committed players forward. Whilst none of us like to see us playing the ball backwards, if options aren’t available, it’s safer than conceding possession and allowing counter attacks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024