Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now 23:25 - Jun 4 with 4318 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 00:02 - Jun 5 with 3612 viewsLoftgirl

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 00:15 - Jun 5 with 3579 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 00:16 - Jun 5 with 3571 viewszizoustainrod

Had tickets to their concert in Palmerston North, New Zealand in 1985. It was cancelled due to an Aussie ground crew strike meaning they couldn't fly all their gear over "The Ditch". (I've had an irrational dislike of Aussies ever since ).
They have been a huge musical part of my life since my early teens but I have never quite got to see them live. Can't believe they are still going. There's still hope
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 00:33 - Jun 5 with 3533 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 00:16 - Jun 5 by zizoustainrod

Had tickets to their concert in Palmerston North, New Zealand in 1985. It was cancelled due to an Aussie ground crew strike meaning they couldn't fly all their gear over "The Ditch". (I've had an irrational dislike of Aussies ever since ).
They have been a huge musical part of my life since my early teens but I have never quite got to see them live. Can't believe they are still going. There's still hope

I hope you get too see them. They are something else live.

I missed them in the 90's and last time the stadium was sold out.

[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 0:35]

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 01:00 - Jun 5 with 3502 viewsHAYESBOY

Goldfrapp. Just missed them again this year.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 01:11 - Jun 5 with 3492 viewsBoston

'icks...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 01:27 - Jun 5 with 3466 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Holy Fcuk Robert Smith has his Dad bod in that video.
I saw them (The Cure ) in 2018 I think and loved every second .I was pleseantly surprised to see 4 or 5 guitarists front and center when they came out.I listened to them since the 80s and assumed it would be kryboards ,couple of guitars etc ,but they rocked hard and it was amazing.
They had a beautiful red tee shirt for sale in the merch section but I did not want to hold it all show long so I passed .Of course the red ones were long gone when I was leaving just typical of my luck.
Dont miss them if you have never seen them live yet
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 01:40 - Jun 5 with 3455 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Login to get fewer ads

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 07:40 - Jun 5 with 3368 viewsdmm

Sigur Ros
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now (n/ on 08:16 - Jun 5 with 3333 viewsDaBurgh

[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 8:18]
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 09:33 - Jun 5 with 3236 viewsdenhamhoop2

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 14:23 - Jun 5 with 3097 viewsderbyhoop

Bruce Springsteen.
We've just bought tickets for Paris in 2023, so that will tick another box.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 02:31 - Jun 6 with 2984 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 14:23 - Jun 5 by derbyhoop

Bruce Springsteen.
We've just bought tickets for Paris in 2023, so that will tick another box.

Be prepared for an incredible show derbyhoop bruce never fails to bring the energy and passion plus always over 3 hours non stop.
Of course being 72 years old and almost 6 years since the last full band tour I suspect he will strip it down a bit .
Saw him in Slane Castle 85 and every tour since ,solo or full band so I will be in the pit one last run next year hopefully .Enjoy
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 07:17 - Jun 6 with 2951 viewsderbyhoop

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 02:31 - Jun 6 by CLAREMAN1995

Be prepared for an incredible show derbyhoop bruce never fails to bring the energy and passion plus always over 3 hours non stop.
Of course being 72 years old and almost 6 years since the last full band tour I suspect he will strip it down a bit .
Saw him in Slane Castle 85 and every tour since ,solo or full band so I will be in the pit one last run next year hopefully .Enjoy

I'm expecting energy and a long performance. But given his age (not much older than me), he might have to tone it down a bit.

This year, we've done
Australian Pink Floyd
Dire Straits Experience
War on Drugs

Coldplay in Paris to come.
Mrs DH did Simply Red, in Nottingham and will do Ed Shearan in Paris. Didn't fancy either.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 07:44 - Jun 6 with 2941 viewsRs_Holy

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 7:59]
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 10:46 - Jun 6 with 2851 viewsSonofpugwash

Never got to see the original lineup.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 10:51 - Jun 6 with 2845 viewsonlyrinmoray

Tom Petty too late now But Isaw BB King in Manchester
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 10:58 - Jun 6 with 2835 viewsSonofpugwash

Biggest regret ,never got to see Duane Allman.

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 11:46 - Jun 6 with 2804 viewsEsox_Lucius

Humble Pie would be my regret, along with turning up at Brunel one night to watch The Pink Fairies and discovering that they had been cancelled and replaced by SPOTS. I'd never heard of them so I went to another of my music venues haunts instead. I was gutted when I discovered that SPOTS was an acronym for Sex Pistols On This Stage.

The grass is always greener.

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 12:26 - Jun 6 with 2767 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Joy Division.
Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 17:07 - Jun 6 with 2665 viewsE17hoop

I've seen:
Prodigy several times
Fatboy Slim
Faithless
Leftfield
Orbital

but never these guys:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 17:22 - Jun 6 with 2652 viewsA40Bosh

Had this thread been stared a couple of weeks ago I would have said Crowded House
But fortunately I saw them at Roundhouse Chalk Farm on Saturday night - fantastic gig.

Not only does Neil Finn still have his voice intact and as strong as ever, his two sons are a credit to him.

Best gig I have been to in years

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 18:27 - Jun 6 with 2624 viewsR_from_afar

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 10:46 - Jun 6 by Sonofpugwash

I have been teaching myself to play "Nantucket sleighride (to Owen Coffin)" on the guitar for some time now and it is a truly wonderful song. There are some unusual slides and pull-offs as well as interesting chords, and the whole thing is so expressive, with subtle time changes, yet it doesn't feel as if it was designed to be ostentatious. What is there appears to belong there.

Oh, and it ends with the most beautiful six notes, played quite slowly, culminating in that simple but powerful chord which you slide. Magical.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 19:45 - Jun 6 with 2587 viewsQPRSteve

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 10:46 - Jun 6 by Sonofpugwash

Saw them at the Rainbow supported by Wishbone Ash. The stage shook when Leslie West came on stage.

My regret is never seeing Terry Reid

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 20:29 - Jun 6 with 2539 viewsSonofpugwash

Bands who you've never seen live - that you really really should have by now on 19:45 - Jun 6 by QPRSteve

Saw them at the Rainbow supported by Wishbone Ash. The stage shook when Leslie West came on stage.

My regret is never seeing Terry Reid

Was Felix Pappalardi in Mountain at that time?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024