Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full backs 19:26 - Apr 15 with 3407 viewsPetros

Take a bow. Terrific. Made a huge difference.
Full backs on 19:36 - Apr 15 with 3284 viewsLongsufferingR

Absolutely. Hope a deal can be done for McCallum in the summer.
Full backs on 19:49 - Apr 15 with 3198 viewsLazyFan

Full backs on 19:36 - Apr 15 by LongsufferingR

Absolutely. Hope a deal can be done for McCallum in the summer.

It was McCallum's fault for the 2nd goal. However, overall he did play well yes.

Would be great if we could sign him as he's very young and very talented. But in reality no chance. Norwich paid well over £3m for him, they will want him for next season in the Champ, no chance we can afford him and we shall be lucky if they let us loan him again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Full backs on 19:54 - Apr 15 with 3152 viewsRangers67

Really good performance from our team today . We got our Rangers back a little bit. Could quite easily have won that with a slice of luck
Full backs on 19:56 - Apr 15 with 3132 viewsLanhoop

Full backs on 19:49 - Apr 15 by LazyFan

It was McCallum's fault for the 2nd goal. However, overall he did play well yes.

Would be great if we could sign him as he's very young and very talented. But in reality no chance. Norwich paid well over £3m for him, they will want him for next season in the Champ, no chance we can afford him and we shall be lucky if they let us loan him again.

Harsh. He didn't give away the ball cheaply in midfield.
Full backs on 20:20 - Apr 15 with 2970 viewsLazyFan

Full backs on 19:56 - Apr 15 by Lanhoop

Harsh. He didn't give away the ball cheaply in midfield.

True, but he didn't block the cross, after that he slowly got wiser to that ball from Hudders, blocked it and then won it and went forward.

I would sign him if we had the money, which we don't so, won't. We can hope for a season loan again though, but I doubt it will happen.

zzzzzzzzzz

Full backs on 20:25 - Apr 15 with 2932 viewskernowhoop

Agreed. They looked good. On a day when attacking intent was needed, Moses showed that from early in the first half. Also hope we can keep McCallum,
Full backs on 20:39 - Apr 15 with 2859 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Full backs on 20:20 - Apr 15 by LazyFan

True, but he didn't block the cross, after that he slowly got wiser to that ball from Hudders, blocked it and then won it and went forward.

I would sign him if we had the money, which we don't so, won't. We can hope for a season loan again though, but I doubt it will happen.

I think his positioning was ok. The ball was central and in that situation we always tuck our wide defenders in. I thought it was up to Chair to fill in beside him, Chair blocks the cross, McCallum helps inside.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Full backs on 20:44 - Apr 15 with 2820 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Full backs on 20:25 - Apr 15 by kernowhoop

Agreed. They looked good. On a day when attacking intent was needed, Moses showed that from early in the first half. Also hope we can keep McCallum,

Watched the second half in stunning HD and Mccallum stood out a mile IMO.Ready to defend with his life (look at his last tackle ,injured his calf yet hobbled back to defend corner ) and always looking to attack which was refreshing.
Moses was excellent too and saved that point with his goaline clerance otherwise it was 3-1 and game over.
Very disappointed with Dozell and have been all year totally invisible and offered nothing .
No words to describe Charlie Austin.Looked angry on the bench when he was not called , then when he comes on did nothing except get booked for a stupid follow through .
Great point but too little too late
Login to get fewer ads

Full backs on 20:50 - Apr 15 with 2778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Full backs on 20:44 - Apr 15 by CLAREMAN1995

Watched the second half in stunning HD and Mccallum stood out a mile IMO.Ready to defend with his life (look at his last tackle ,injured his calf yet hobbled back to defend corner ) and always looking to attack which was refreshing.
Moses was excellent too and saved that point with his goaline clerance otherwise it was 3-1 and game over.
Very disappointed with Dozell and have been all year totally invisible and offered nothing .
No words to describe Charlie Austin.Looked angry on the bench when he was not called , then when he comes on did nothing except get booked for a stupid follow through .

Funny,. I thought Dozzell was one of our better players - collected the ball and fed it, kept the tempo going and his positioning was good, I thought.

Full backs on 20:51 - Apr 15 with 2767 viewsbenhurst

Full backs on 20:44 - Apr 15 by CLAREMAN1995

Aside from his corners (I can see why he's on the ones on the right-hand side because you want them swinging in towards one of the posts but no idea why he took them on the other side instead of Chair), I thought Dozzell wasn't too bad? The stats seem to agree but they never really tell the full story.

Full backs on 20:52 - Apr 15 with 2752 viewsbenhurst

Full backs on 20:50 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Funny,. I thought Dozzell was one of our better players - collected the ball and fed it, kept the tempo going and his positioning was good, I thought.

I found it very strange that once we started pissing it around the back non-stop we didn't start using him more often since I think he's very good at keeping the tempo up when we've got comfortable possession.
Full backs on 20:57 - Apr 15 with 2708 viewsdavman

Full backs on 20:51 - Apr 15 by benhurst

Aside from his corners (I can see why he's on the ones on the right-hand side because you want them swinging in towards one of the posts but no idea why he took them on the other side instead of Chair), I thought Dozzell wasn't too bad? The stats seem to agree but they never really tell the full story.

Those stats back up my view, which was that Dozell was very good. He always looks forward, rarely plays it safe and is pretty good on the ball. Needs to add a cutting edge in the oppos penalty area, but aside from that is coming on nicely.

Another one where I just don't see where the criticism comes from.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Full backs on 21:19 - Apr 15 with 2593 viewsdanehoop

Full backs on 20:57 - Apr 15 by davman

Those stats back up my view, which was that Dozell was very good. He always looks forward, rarely plays it safe and is pretty good on the ball. Needs to add a cutting edge in the oppos penalty area, but aside from that is coming on nicely.

Another one where I just don't see where the criticism comes from.

I think was taken out of the firing line by Warbs when he was struggling a bit and coached a bit more. We know what he has and we know what we want him to develop. Takes a bit of time to get the two to align, but he is a tidy player who can (but doesnt yet consistently) move the ball quickly and keep the pressure on the opposition, with a a few killer passes.

Think he will be a good investment, but unlike Hendrick, is ours and worth playing.

Never knowingly understood

Full backs on 21:40 - Apr 15 with 2499 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree, he played well, and he can pick a pass probably better than anyone in the team. More to come from him, I think. Really like that combo of Field, Dozzell and Amos actually - next season I hope for more from them.

Bare bones.

Full backs on 21:57 - Apr 15 with 2399 viewsMyke

Full backs on 20:20 - Apr 15 by LazyFan

It's funny you know, when our crosses are blocked, we are shite at crossing. Yet when the other team crosses, we are shite at defending. It was actually an excellent cross under severe pressure from McCallum and was undefendable - sometimes you just gotta give credit where it's due
Full backs on 01:49 - Apr 16 with 2119 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Well it appears I miscalculated how well Dozzell played and also the QPR player who saved the day for us stopping the lead going to 3-1.It was the excellent McCallum not Moses .
In my defense I was watching the game in an American sports bar with 19 TVs in the place .I had to beg and bribe the Manager to find the game but fair play to him he found it.
Surreal experience watching QPR when not one person looked away from the baseball, Golf and US sports programming to check us out .I flew the flag alone
Full backs on 07:30 - Apr 16 with 1939 viewsHastings_Hoops

Agreed - got some good corners in as well
Full backs on 07:45 - Apr 16 with 1881 viewsLongRanger

McCallum very good but Norwich will surely want him back for latest trip back to Championship, leaves us will a job to do on full backs…assume Moses has done enough for a new contract, but is Kakay good enough, does Wallace have the legs for another year, Uncs good cover as a wing back but not full back and out of contract. Could need 3 new full backs next year
Full backs on 08:24 - Apr 16 with 1813 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Full backs on 01:49 - Apr 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Well it appears I miscalculated how well Dozzell played and also the QPR player who saved the day for us stopping the lead going to 3-1.It was the excellent McCallum not Moses .
In my defense I was watching the game in an American sports bar with 19 TVs in the place .I had to beg and bribe the Manager to find the game but fair play to him he found it.
Surreal experience watching QPR when not one person looked away from the baseball, Golf and US sports programming to check us out .I flew the flag alone

Sympathies, Bannerman. I watched one of our recent games in a sports bar here in Cork with the sound turned down and everyone else watching and listening to the booming commentary of a Hurling match. Surreal! My mind was fried by half-time!

Full backs on 08:34 - Apr 16 with 1785 viewsdistortR

Totally agree Brian, commented on it on the match thread.
The way I read the match, the back 4 meant him playing deeper as we didn't have the third centre-back to bring the ball out. He did it very well, simple but accurate, and played on the half-turn, which gave him that fraction more time then maybe the centre-backs have.
Very good stats.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024