Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report 16:51 - Apr 24 with 6250 viewsNorthernr

Big thanks to Lee for filling in for my absence yesterday.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57649
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 17:49 - Apr 24 with 4835 viewscolinallcars

Thanks for that - can't be easy reporting on such a terrible display.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 18:38 - Apr 24 with 4698 viewsderbyhoop

Lucky old Clive.

Difficult to find enough derogatory adjectives. Insipid, feeble, flaccid, pathetic, listless.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 19:59 - Apr 24 with 4450 viewsstainrods_elbow

I was wavering about Warburton, but that performance was inexcusable, and I do now feel, sadly and heavy-heartedly in a number of ways, he and his coaches should go - even before the Sheff Utd game.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 19:59]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 20:22 - Apr 24 with 4412 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 19:59 - Apr 24 by stainrods_elbow

I was wavering about Warburton, but that performance was inexcusable, and I do now feel, sadly and heavy-heartedly in a number of ways, he and his coaches should go - even before the Sheff Utd game.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 19:59]

I feel if MW gets the bullet they should clean house and let the new guy bring in his own group of coaches.
He goes on about players minutes almost every press conference but our injuries have piled up at a shocking rate .Who is in charge of the physical fitness and why are we so fragile.
I know about the amount of games etc.
He mentioned Dieng might be available for SW but now that we are mathematically elimated he will never appear this season
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 21:09 - Apr 24 with 4293 viewswokingrs

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 20:22 - Apr 24 by CLAREMAN1995

I feel if MW gets the bullet they should clean house and let the new guy bring in his own group of coaches.
He goes on about players minutes almost every press conference but our injuries have piled up at a shocking rate .Who is in charge of the physical fitness and why are we so fragile.
I know about the amount of games etc.
He mentioned Dieng might be available for SW but now that we are mathematically elimated he will never appear this season

Are we actually mathematically eliminated? The longest shot ever but if we were to put 5 past SU, wouldn’t that give us a chance? Or is my maths that bad?
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 21:58 - Apr 24 with 4183 viewsdaveB

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 21:09 - Apr 24 by wokingrs

Are we actually mathematically eliminated? The longest shot ever but if we were to put 5 past SU, wouldn’t that give us a chance? Or is my maths that bad?

yeah 2 big wins and we can get in but it's very unlikely
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 22:08 - Apr 24 with 4162 viewswokingrs

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 21:58 - Apr 24 by daveB

yeah 2 big wins and we can get in but it's very unlikely

Probably the most unlikely thing ever of course but not mathematicly impossible. Freak 5 nil win and we are back in it!!
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 22:43 - Apr 24 with 4091 viewscolinallcars

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 22:08 - Apr 24 by wokingrs

Probably the most unlikely thing ever of course but not mathematicly impossible. Freak 5 nil win and we are back in it!!

Nothing's impossible…….

No, no chance really, to mix up film metaphores, it's Goodbye Mr Chips.

It's been a long day.
Login to get fewer ads

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 23:32 - Apr 24 with 3999 viewsHantsR

To quote from my newly-aquired knowledge of local terminology, just a lot of sagger maker's bottom knockers.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 08:37 - Apr 25 with 3650 viewswortonranger

I remember a certain game back in the day when we won by a landslide to avoid relegation.
Plus didn’t Argentina get a huge win in their home World Cup at the last ditch? Not at all questionable as I recall?! Bit like the Pakistan no balls over? Anyone got any contacts?
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 08:49 - Apr 25 with 3631 viewsRs_Holy

I cant explain why it it has all gone so badly wrong this year... We are million miles away from the team that played ManUre in the pre-season friendly last summer.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 08:54 - Apr 25 with 3613 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Lee.

Accurate and detailed report. Can't have been easy!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 09:30 - Apr 25 with 3548 viewsBurnleyhoop

I have steadfastly aligned myself to the “stick” with Warburton camp as I believe he deserves another season at rejuvenating the squad. However, after that performance and having watched the efforts of Burnley over the last few games I am wavering. Whilst I can accept the occasional poor performance from individuals and the limitations of their abilities generally, I find the lack of effort, team unity and desire to put themselves on the line for the cause, frankly disturbing.

Not everyone is at fault, as Chair, Field and Westwood, in particular, still look to have fire in their bellies. My concern is that Warbs appears incapable of providing the motivation needed to see a team go out on the pitch and fight for one another in the manner that Burnley and Everton to some extent, did this weekend.

We all thought we had seen the back of the old Rangers, surrendering meekly to mediocre northern opposition away from home. We haven’t, it’s back with a vengeance and it’s painful to see.

Warburtons assertions that it is just “human nature” doesn’t cut the mustard. We have players out there who just aren’t simply showing enough desire or application. Indications are that he doesn’t fancy another contract. Does he therefore recognise that the players have given up on him?

We do have the core of a good team here, but it needs some additions and someone who can put the belief and confidence back into them to go again next season. It’s time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and put the work in to get back on the horse.

“Minimum requirement…..maximum effort”. Sean Dyche (Ironic really).
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 10:02 - Apr 25 with 3451 viewstoboboly

Classic QPR putting the greatest season together but it being two separate halves of two separate seasons

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 12:46 - Apr 25 with 3173 viewsPinnerPaul

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 21:09 - Apr 24 by wokingrs

Yes Sheff Utd have a 10- superior goal difference, So a 4-0 win would put us 2 behind, we win and they lose last games and we would be above them, BUT of course there are 3 other teams that we need to drop points as well to keep them below 69 points.

Soooooo very very very unlikely, but not mathematically impossible just yet!
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 12:49 - Apr 25 with 3169 viewsPinnerPaul

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 09:30 - Apr 25 by Burnleyhoop

I have steadfastly aligned myself to the “stick” with Warburton camp as I believe he deserves another season at rejuvenating the squad. However, after that performance and having watched the efforts of Burnley over the last few games I am wavering. Whilst I can accept the occasional poor performance from individuals and the limitations of their abilities generally, I find the lack of effort, team unity and desire to put themselves on the line for the cause, frankly disturbing.

Not everyone is at fault, as Chair, Field and Westwood, in particular, still look to have fire in their bellies. My concern is that Warbs appears incapable of providing the motivation needed to see a team go out on the pitch and fight for one another in the manner that Burnley and Everton to some extent, did this weekend.

We all thought we had seen the back of the old Rangers, surrendering meekly to mediocre northern opposition away from home. We haven’t, it’s back with a vengeance and it’s painful to see.

Warburtons assertions that it is just “human nature” doesn’t cut the mustard. We have players out there who just aren’t simply showing enough desire or application. Indications are that he doesn’t fancy another contract. Does he therefore recognise that the players have given up on him?

We do have the core of a good team here, but it needs some additions and someone who can put the belief and confidence back into them to go again next season. It’s time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and put the work in to get back on the horse.

“Minimum requirement…..maximum effort”. Sean Dyche (Ironic really).

I think its a bit simplistic picking one team who have done well for 3 games after sacking their manager - countless others where it has NOT worked, both long and short term - Watford being the first one that pops into my head, plus of course our old mate Mr Lampard has managed to take his lot INTO the bottom 3.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 13:29 - Apr 25 with 3108 viewsTomS

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 08:49 - Apr 25 by Rs_Holy

I cant explain why it it has all gone so badly wrong this year... We are million miles away from the team that played ManUre in the pre-season friendly last summer.

Excuses: injuries to key players, pace of play, speed of thought, exhaustion of key players, misfiring strikers, impact of AFCON.

But all this was obvious. What we don't know about is enthusiasm, motivation, tactical flexibility based on availability of key players.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 15:03 - Apr 25 with 2947 viewsBurnleyhoop

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 12:49 - Apr 25 by PinnerPaul

I think its a bit simplistic picking one team who have done well for 3 games after sacking their manager - countless others where it has NOT worked, both long and short term - Watford being the first one that pops into my head, plus of course our old mate Mr Lampard has managed to take his lot INTO the bottom 3.

The point I’m making is that Burnley have shown some grit and determination over the last 3 games in an attempt to avoid relegation, irrespective of the sacking of the manger.

Where was our fighting spirit against Stoke? It was the quintessential “must win” game and our fans turned up expecting some passion and commitment and got a lame duck performance.

The big question is why?

Lack of individual motivation?
Lack of management motivation?
Nerves?
All of the above and more?

That performance under those circumstances cannot be ignored and swept under the carpet. Answers need to be found and actions taken, which certainly doesn’t always mean dismissal of the manager.

The hierarchy, management team and players all need a long hard look at themselves over the summer and analyse why we collapsed in such spectacular fashion despite the horrific injury list.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 15:09 - Apr 25 with 2936 viewsPinnerPaul

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 15:03 - Apr 25 by Burnleyhoop

The point I’m making is that Burnley have shown some grit and determination over the last 3 games in an attempt to avoid relegation, irrespective of the sacking of the manger.

Where was our fighting spirit against Stoke? It was the quintessential “must win” game and our fans turned up expecting some passion and commitment and got a lame duck performance.

The big question is why?

Nerves?

That performance under those circumstances cannot be ignored and swept under the carpet. Answers need to be found and actions taken, which certainly doesn’t always mean dismissal of the manager.

The hierarchy, management team and players all need a long hard look at themselves over the summer and analyse why we collapsed in such spectacular fashion despite the horrific injury list.

Can't argue with much of that.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 16:09 - Apr 25 with 2823 viewsParkRoyalR

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 15:03 - Apr 25 by Burnleyhoop

The big question is why?

Nerves?

Jimmy Dunne's fighting spirit was there for all to see at Stoke, whether it be in his tackling, heading, or in my opinion being our most creative player in trying to get our attacking play going on Saturday. With Chair, you can always see how much these two's want to win.

Barbet showed fighting spirit pre WBA head-injury but barely since, so is that a contract issue? Dickie was playing superbly early in the season but seemed to lose confidence post Bournemouth away and seems a fairly quiet and timid type, even when not celebrating his 30 yard pile-drivers. Can you imagine Jimmy Dunne walking away with his arms by his side after bulging the net from 30 yards?

Fields shows he wants it by never giving up, Willock by never hiding, Moses and Adomah likewise but whether its confidence (Dickie, Amos, Dykes) desire (Dozell) or fitness (Austin, Gray, SJ & Wallace) we need a squad with a will to win the match that of Dunne, Moses, Field, Chair and Willock.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 16:53 - Apr 25 with 2751 viewsNorthernr

There's something very very strange gone on. Everywhere you look. How has Dickie gone from what he was doing in August to what he was doing pre-injury? Why have all the centre backs stopped carrying the ball out from the back?

In so, so, so many areas we've literally gone from extremely good, to extremely bad. Best team in the league for defending set pieces up to January, worst since.

It's weird. It's like that time Millwall were top in December and got relegated, but that came with McCarthy getting poached by Ireland midway through.

We've got players like Dickie who were an absolute shoo in for the divisional team of the season, now you're not sure they should even be in our team.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 17:47 - Apr 25 with 2619 viewsstevec

Not sure I agree about Dickie. He hadn’t looked particularly happy as the season progressed, maybe felt usurped by the emergence of Dunne at CB, but apart from the early Bournemouth incident and his encounters with Mitrovic, I can barely think of something he did wrong. For seasons we’ve been vulnerable down that side but it’s been a lot better this year and feel that’s largely been down to him.

It’s interesting to read this thread in conjunction with those who hadn’t given up. Notably, Chair, Field and Dunne. Coincidentally, of those still physically fit to play, would also be the ones who would probably fancy their chances having a crack at the Premier League.

I have been called out on this before, not least on the basis they are professionals. But leaving those players aside and the injured three, there must be a dilemma for those players who know they would not figure in a promoted QPR side. Would you put 100% in to help get the team up knowing you would be finding another club next season or, give a little less than 100% knowing your contract should just about secure first team football at the club for at least another season.

Sometimes the right sort of players aren’t necessarily the right sort of players.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 17:50 - Apr 25 with 2613 viewsNorthernr

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 17:47 - Apr 25 by stevec

Not sure I agree about Dickie. He hadn’t looked particularly happy as the season progressed, maybe felt usurped by the emergence of Dunne at CB, but apart from the early Bournemouth incident and his encounters with Mitrovic, I can barely think of something he did wrong. For seasons we’ve been vulnerable down that side but it’s been a lot better this year and feel that’s largely been down to him.

It’s interesting to read this thread in conjunction with those who hadn’t given up. Notably, Chair, Field and Dunne. Coincidentally, of those still physically fit to play, would also be the ones who would probably fancy their chances having a crack at the Premier League.

I have been called out on this before, not least on the basis they are professionals. But leaving those players aside and the injured three, there must be a dilemma for those players who know they would not figure in a promoted QPR side. Would you put 100% in to help get the team up knowing you would be finding another club next season or, give a little less than 100% knowing your contract should just about secure first team football at the club for at least another season.

Sometimes the right sort of players aren’t necessarily the right sort of players.

One way they've got round havign a relatively low salary budget is by offering decent bonuses. There's a nice pot to share among the team for things like top ten finish, top six finish, promotion etc.
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 18:12 - Apr 25 with 2563 viewsTomS

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 17:47 - Apr 25 by stevec

There are always players like that, who are perfectly suited to Championship football, yet not considered good enough for the Premiership. I recall Gorkss and Connolly winning the league with us in 2011, and then witn Reading in 2012. Connolly then went on to win it again with Cardiff in 2013!
Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 18:14 - Apr 25 with 2558 viewsParkRoyalR

Insipid QPR, out with barely a whimper — Report on 16:53 - Apr 25 by Northernr

There's something very very strange gone on. Everywhere you look. How has Dickie gone from what he was doing in August to what he was doing pre-injury? Why have all the centre backs stopped carrying the ball out from the back?

In so, so, so many areas we've literally gone from extremely good, to extremely bad. Best team in the league for defending set pieces up to January, worst since.

It's weird. It's like that time Millwall were top in December and got relegated, but that came with McCarthy getting poached by Ireland midway through.

We've got players like Dickie who were an absolute shoo in for the divisional team of the season, now you're not sure they should even be in our team.

I agree, although think the above two examples might be two we could explain, in that Dieng's absence throughout March & April could explain set-piece numbers declining and the coaching team needing to fix the Derby & Peterborough away game run of goals conceded route 1 straight down the middle of our 3,

The real baffler for me is the over-emphasis on sports science as to who is fit and who should be rested, when I have clearly seen Chair come out early after Half Time to try and run-off a really heavy knock (game at HQ can't recall which, but he ran lame for the whole of the 2nd Half and missed an easy header in 6 yard box as just could'nt jump off standing foot), Willock doing likewise at home to Cardiff etc,

Maybe the answer is that Warburton realised like most of us did that he had a starting 11 that when fit was greater than the some of its parts and the options off the bench seriously weakened the team, maybe not, not sure, just does seem a bit strange how some players form (Dickie, SJ, Dykes) has seriously dropped-off when they are supposedly 100% fit to play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024