Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Cup 15:54 - Aug 4 with 1653 viewsPinnerPaul

What do we think - clever/sneaky?

Super Cup on 15:55 - Aug 4 with 1597 viewsTonto

clever shithousery

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Super Cup on 16:02 - Aug 4 with 1571 viewsNorthernr

Clever. Although you'd never be able to do it again.
Super Cup on 16:35 - Aug 4 with 1490 viewsPinnerPaul

Super Cup on 16:02 - Aug 4 by Northernr

RefChat not overly impressed with lack of proactivity by the AR, although, as ever!, opinions divided on that subject as well.
Super Cup on 17:10 - Aug 4 with 1451 viewsdaveB

should just give the throw in, was beyond pedantic that one
Super Cup on 19:04 - Aug 4 with 1395 viewsterryb

I agree with Dave.

Yes, I know a free kick was the "correct" decision, but nobody would have argued if a throw in was given. I was always taught that using common sense was the unwritten law of football.

Clever & sneaky from the player. Do we know what transpired from the free kick?
Super Cup on 21:19 - Aug 5 with 1232 viewsqprxtc

Just another incident to add to the list of things that piss me off about football now.

Cheating just to get a f ucking small advantage of a free kick. Is this all it is now. What is the f ucking point of this game.

A big part of the reason so many people enjoyed watching the woman’s Euros was the lack of this crap and playing football for football.

Just imagine how better the game would be.

F uck it. I’m off to listen to T’pau b sides.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 21:22]
Super Cup on 22:54 - Aug 5 with 1153 viewseastside_r

Super Cup on 16:02 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Although weirdly, I am sure I’ve seen somethings like this before. Possibly involving a corner.
Super Cup on 23:43 - Aug 5 with 1107 viewsstowmarketrange

Super Cup on 22:54 - Aug 5 by eastside_r

Although weirdly, I am sure I’ve seen somethings like this before. Possibly involving a corner.

I thought that was Man Utd who just touched the ball and then the other player went on to score,but the linesman flagged if I remember correctly.
Login to get fewer ads

Super Cup on 00:11 - Aug 6 with 1086 viewskensalriser

I don't get it. Why did the player pick up the ball? AR didn't flag for a throw in.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Super Cup on 00:18 - Aug 6 with 1080 viewsAntti_Heinola

Super Cup on 17:10 - Aug 4 by daveB

can't give a throw if the ball hasn't crossed the line. Nothing to do with pedantry.

Bare bones.

Super Cup on 00:18 - Aug 6 with 1078 viewsAntti_Heinola

Super Cup on 21:19 - Aug 5 by qprxtc

Just another incident to add to the list of things that piss me off about football now.

Cheating just to get a f ucking small advantage of a free kick. Is this all it is now. What is the f ucking point of this game.

A big part of the reason so many people enjoyed watching the woman’s Euros was the lack of this crap and playing football for football.

Just imagine how better the game would be.

F uck it. I’m off to listen to T’pau b sides.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 21:22]

how is it cheating?

Bare bones.

Super Cup on 00:39 - Aug 6 with 1057 viewsqprxtc

Super Cup on 00:18 - Aug 6 by Antti_Heinola

how is it cheating?

Because he’s a c unt.
Super Cup on 09:52 - Aug 6 with 921 viewsPinnerPaul

Super Cup on 17:10 - Aug 4 by daveB

How can you give a throw when the whole world and his wife can see that the ball is still in play?

For me (As AR), I would be probably telling the (not very bright) player that, but you can't give the throw in - making up your own law is never a great way to go.

What do you do the rest of the match, start calling throws every time the ball goes near the touchline?
Super Cup on 10:25 - Aug 6 with 879 viewsterryb

Super Cup on 09:52 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

How can you give a throw when the whole world and his wife can see that the ball is still in play?

For me (As AR), I would be probably telling the (not very bright) player that, but you can't give the throw in - making up your own law is never a great way to go.

What do you do the rest of the match, start calling throws every time the ball goes near the touchline?

"For me (As AR), I would be probably telling the (not very bright) player that, but you can't give the throw in - making up your own law is never a great way to go."

I know you won't like it Paul, but officials make up laws all the time! The throw in given to us at Luton last season when the ball hit the assistant in the field of play. The mysterious free kick given to the defenders after the referee realises he has wrongly given a corner. The tiny contact made by a player that has pissed off the ref might even mean a caution as well as giving a free kick.

I assumed that in this instance one side were deliberately putting the ball "out of play" for an injury to be treated. If this is so, give a throw in & the law of common sense trumps all others!
Super Cup on 10:51 - Aug 6 with 846 viewsPinnerPaul

Super Cup on 10:25 - Aug 6 by terryb

"For me (As AR), I would be probably telling the (not very bright) player that, but you can't give the throw in - making up your own law is never a great way to go."

I know you won't like it Paul, but officials make up laws all the time! The throw in given to us at Luton last season when the ball hit the assistant in the field of play. The mysterious free kick given to the defenders after the referee realises he has wrongly given a corner. The tiny contact made by a player that has pissed off the ref might even mean a caution as well as giving a free kick.

I assumed that in this instance one side were deliberately putting the ball "out of play" for an injury to be treated. If this is so, give a throw in & the law of common sense trumps all others!

I don't think he was Terry. Think he did it to win a free kick, which worked!

Its like the corner kick trick from a few years ago - its possible to manage it, whilst keeping to the law.

I take your point but saying the ball is not in play when everyone can see it is, is stretching it a bit I think!
Super Cup on 12:35 - Aug 6 with 779 viewsWokingR

Super Cup on 10:51 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

I don't think he was Terry. Think he did it to win a free kick, which worked!

Its like the corner kick trick from a few years ago - its possible to manage it, whilst keeping to the law.

I take your point but saying the ball is not in play when everyone can see it is, is stretching it a bit I think!

Thought it was very clever and, as Pinner says, it’s either in play or it’s not, you cant just make it up as you go along.
Nothing to stop him booking the player for unsporting conduct though. Would be a bit harsh though
Super Cup on 12:39 - Aug 6 with 778 viewsdenhamhoop2

Think it's a fantastic piece of play and surely you are told to play to the whistle or in this case the AR flag . Should've tried it on the bye line in the penalty area see if the player is daft enough to concede a penalty
Super Cup on 17:54 - Aug 6 with 660 viewsMatch82

Super Cup on 00:39 - Aug 6 by qprxtc

Because he’s a c unt.

By that logic John Terry should have received a double booking immediately after kick off every game of his career
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024