Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Director of Finance - New Appointment 17:56 - Aug 22 with 7495 viewsnumptydumpty

Ok so Les is no more.

Finally the great man has left the building.

But clearly a DoF is an essential cog in the wheel of the modern day football club.
Or so we have been led to believe by Lee Hoos and the Board Management team.

And its the modern day phenomenon that all clubs factor into their hierarchy and we seemed to be prominent in that thinking also.

Yet rumours as to new DoF or even any kind of replacement - its been radio silence !!!!

Its obviously a large expense and this year we have to cut our cloth.

But it seems strange that its almost not seen as causing any particular new issues not having one from the outside looking in.

Transfers have still been made - and a theme has been seen ie several experienced pros with high level careers behind them and free transfers to boot, mixed in with couple journeyman and a potential young prospect.

From what Ainsworth has said about requiring experience, am assuming most of what we brought in, has been Ainsworths options.

The contract side of it was also assuming this was discussed with D o F but not sure who does this now - potentially Lee Hoos - I would have thought.

Perhaps our own experimantation with the D o F model proved unsuccessful or maybe we will bring one in next season when we will have more available spendning to be made without breaching FFP.

Appreciate it is all very easy to say with hindsight etc and we dont know and never have known the full extent of responsibilities a D o F has but they not come cheap.

But noticing there has been a very obvious lack of rumours about appointing this position and perhaps we have decided at least for this season to do without !!!!!!

Can see why most would agree with this option but for a club that lauded this as an absolute requirement for the neccessary management hierarchy at a club seems our thinking has done a u turn on this overrated idea in my eyes and probably great majority on here.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 18:03 - Aug 22 with 5591 viewsHammersmithR

I’ve been told that Reuben won’t be back in the UK until October. He’s staying in Malaysia sorting out various stuff after his father’s passing. Doubt we will hear anything like a new DoF etc. until then at the earliest. Lee Hoos will be running Rangers until then. No doubt keeping the board up to speed. I’ve also heard the owners are actively looking out for new buyers. The club is being pushed to prospective buyers in America.
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 18:15 - Aug 22 with 5540 viewsvanrrrr

Hoos did a really short segment on. white and Jordan on Friday Inthinknit was and said thatbthey were for the time being going “ old School” with Recruitment team/ GA identifying players and him doing the contracts… will try and find it online
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 18:19 - Aug 22 with 5509 viewsBklynRanger

But isn't it?...

Never mind
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 18:43 - Aug 22 with 5366 viewsHastings_Hoops

…there is an existing director of finance… ‘Ruban Ghandi’?
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 20:34 - Aug 22 with 5009 viewsdmm

I really don't know what this thread is all about
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 20:44 - Aug 22 with 4984 viewsdanehoop

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 20:34 - Aug 22 by dmm

Director of Football or Director of Finance? Bit confused by this one as well.

Never knowingly understood

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 21:24 - Aug 22 with 4834 viewsHastings_Hoops

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 20:44 - Aug 22 by danehoop

Seconded
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 21:38 - Aug 22 with 4769 viewsconnell10

I'm sure this question will come up in the fans forum.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 22:37 - Aug 22 with 4571 viewsBostonR

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 18:03 - Aug 22 by HammersmithR

I’ve been told that Reuben won’t be back in the UK until October. He’s staying in Malaysia sorting out various stuff after his father’s passing. Doubt we will hear anything like a new DoF etc. until then at the earliest. Lee Hoos will be running Rangers until then. No doubt keeping the board up to speed. I’ve also heard the owners are actively looking out for new buyers. The club is being pushed to prospective buyers in America.

Where have you read the owners are looking to sell? They’ve publicly stated they’re looking for new investment partners which is very different from selling. Be interested to read your source.
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 01:26 - Aug 23 with 4356 viewsDannyPaddox

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 20:34 - Aug 22 by dmm

Cmon Dave a simple question is being posed … is it or is it not yet hang on not yet not yet not yet a time to dispense with a director of finance and directions of football financial fiduciarylodes and often as sir Les long hangy in the air then suit at the desk not so populums as a football bang he there in or is Ruben Big Bang a gang a Lang my gang wants to be in or do they?

Maybe we should have a polliodes. There in vote and a pie to big oggle.
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 06:20 - Aug 23 with 4243 viewsdmm

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 01:26 - Aug 23 by DannyPaddox

Cmon Dave a simple question is being posed … is it or is it not yet hang on not yet not yet not yet a time to dispense with a director of finance and directions of football financial fiduciarylodes and often as sir Les long hangy in the air then suit at the desk not so populums as a football bang he there in or is Ruben Big Bang a gang a Lang my gang wants to be in or do they?

Thanky muchly. It's clearimode now and all I can say is, if you've done an overstuffy in the tumloader, finish the job with a ladleho of brandy butter, then pukeit all the way to the toileybox.
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 06:50 - Aug 23 with 4210 viewsHammersmithR

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 22:37 - Aug 22 by BostonR

Where have you read the owners are looking to sell? They’ve publicly stated they’re looking for new investment partners which is very different from selling. Be interested to read your source.

It’s a good source. What owners say publicly and what they say privately are 2 very different things. If the right offer and people come they will sell. Until tang moment happens then they have no other option but to keep financing the club. Running a football club is a 24/7 job and I understand our owners simply have too much on their plate to fully commit to us. Deep down I think they’re well-intentioned. But look at owners of clubs like Brighton and Brentford. They know what they’re doing. Our owners have simply burnt millions of £s over the last few years. I think they’re aware the club needs a massive reset at every level.
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 06:51 - Aug 23 with 4210 viewsLoftgirl

Deep joy.
Director of Football- New Appointment (n/t) on 09:05 - Aug 23 with 3984 viewsnumptydumpty

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 06:51 - Aug 23 by Loftgirl

Deep joy.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 9:07]

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 09:07 - Aug 23 with 3969 viewsnumptydumpty

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 20:44 - Aug 22 by danehoop

Err my bad as apparently said these days.

Director of Football was meant be the thread title not director of finance ie Les Ferdinands replacement which had heard nothing about.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 9:08]

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 09:22 - Aug 23 with 3896 viewsBostonR

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 06:50 - Aug 23 by HammersmithR

It’s a good source. What owners say publicly and what they say privately are 2 very different things. If the right offer and people come they will sell. Until tang moment happens then they have no other option but to keep financing the club. Running a football club is a 24/7 job and I understand our owners simply have too much on their plate to fully commit to us. Deep down I think they’re well-intentioned. But look at owners of clubs like Brighton and Brentford. They know what they’re doing. Our owners have simply burnt millions of £s over the last few years. I think they’re aware the club needs a massive reset at every level.

What's the selling price and what is included in the Heads of Terms?
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 09:31 - Aug 23 with 3850 viewsdaveB

The club need a director of football, if they don't bother with one I think that's a big mistake
Rueben said when les left that he didn't expect to have a replacement in before the end of the transfer window as they wanted to take their time
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 09:34 - Aug 23 with 3842 viewsNorthernr

The club's an absolute money furnace. In reality if anybody had approached these owners to buy the club from them with a reasonable offer at any point over the last few years they'd have sold it. But who would? With the wage bill, costs, historic FFP fine, outstanding cost of training ground, you'd be talking about burning through, what, £50m just to get the keys? Conservative estimate. And you'd still have all the FFP issues which mean you can't then spend on the team as presumably you'd wish if you were buying a football club.

Interestingly on the absenteeism point, somebody told me Richard Reilly was not only much more involved over the summer but is the only one who's at every game atm.
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 10:18 - Aug 23 with 3688 viewsJevlar

I'm aware this is sounds like a bit of ITK post (which isn't my style)

but a friend of mine had a pro-am golf day last Friday and was partnered with Chris Wilder. A few drinks later in the evening, it transpires that Wilder was talking to QPR about a role at the club, and he was apparently spotted at the Ipswich game.

Surely not the DOF position...
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 10:21 - Aug 23 with 3655 viewskernowhoop

We have a Stanley Bowles stand. A Stanley Unwin stand could be next?
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 10:34 - Aug 23 with 3577 viewsBostonR

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 09:34 - Aug 23 by Northernr

The club's an absolute money furnace. In reality if anybody had approached these owners to buy the club from them with a reasonable offer at any point over the last few years they'd have sold it. But who would? With the wage bill, costs, historic FFP fine, outstanding cost of training ground, you'd be talking about burning through, what, £50m just to get the keys? Conservative estimate. And you'd still have all the FFP issues which mean you can't then spend on the team as presumably you'd wish if you were buying a football club.

Interestingly on the absenteeism point, somebody told me Richard Reilly was not only much more involved over the summer but is the only one who's at every game atm.

Clive - that would be a great introduction page on any documents sounding out new owners.
I get that Ruben is out of the country and probably heavily involved in other matters after his father passed away - that is understandable.
As for actively selling the club, like you, I cannot see how that is possible at this time. The owners have mad huge mistakes in the past and right now they are paying handsomely for those mistakes and staying with it.
Right now, we are fortunate that the owners are essentially keeping the ship afloat. I have absolutely no problem is seeking additional investors who can perhaps bring some new ideas and innovation to the club and that is what is happening behind the scenes.
We don't need £Millions - Ruben has Billions - but FFP hinders what he can do.
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 3492 viewsHanwellHoopster

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 09:34 - Aug 23 by Northernr

I think the potential counter-view here is that new owners might rightly believe they could set a better strategy for the club.

If I were a US investor - or consortium - I'd be looking at Luton, Coventry, to a lesser extent Millwall & Ipswich, even Brentford, Brighton and Bournemouth - and thinking that those clubs had/have similar financial constraints to us, and still progressed. A new owner could have a huge impact that does some really basic things, like (1) set a consistent strategy that doesn't change manager to manager, (2) puts in place really clear guardrails on recruitment between Belk, a new DoF, and whoever the first-team coach is, and (3) sticks to budgets for playing staff, irrespective of how persuasive the likes of Warburton are that they can 'have a go' this year.

Our owners have been idiots, but thankfully they've been benevolent idiots unlike those at Reading. It's a low bar for new ownership to surpass. Throw in that we're London based (which I still think is an attraction for owners) and we've invested in the new training facility, and I can see why we'd still be attractive, despite the financials.

One thing we have to be eternally grateful for is that the benevolent idiots have paid the debt themselves by converting debt into equity. £50m sounds a lot to you and me, but to the likes of those that invest in a sports 'franchise' from the US, especially if it's a consortium, it really is very little. Especially given they can spread a lot of that cost over multiple years (e.g. the FFP fine and training ground).
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 11:09 - Aug 23 with 3429 viewsdmm

Now I'm getting nervous. With the increasing middle eastern interest in football, we might be viewed as a potential prospect by one or two in that region. I suspect, and hope, there'd be a fans' rebellion if that was ever mooted, and I'd certainly grab my pitchfork and join in.
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 11:13 - Aug 23 with 3403 viewsBuckR

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 11:09 - Aug 23 by dmm

Now I'm getting nervous. With the increasing middle eastern interest in football, we might be viewed as a potential prospect by one or two in that region. I suspect, and hope, there'd be a fans' rebellion if that was ever mooted, and I'd certainly grab my pitchfork and join in.

Be some great potential loan signings though eh! Can just see Kaykay whipping balls in for Ronaldo
Director of Finance - New Appointment on 11:17 - Aug 23 with 3385 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Director of Finance - New Appointment on 10:56 - Aug 23 by HanwellHoopster

I think the potential counter-view here is that new owners might rightly believe they could set a better strategy for the club.

If I were a US investor - or consortium - I'd be looking at Luton, Coventry, to a lesser extent Millwall & Ipswich, even Brentford, Brighton and Bournemouth - and thinking that those clubs had/have similar financial constraints to us, and still progressed. A new owner could have a huge impact that does some really basic things, like (1) set a consistent strategy that doesn't change manager to manager, (2) puts in place really clear guardrails on recruitment between Belk, a new DoF, and whoever the first-team coach is, and (3) sticks to budgets for playing staff, irrespective of how persuasive the likes of Warburton are that they can 'have a go' this year.

Our owners have been idiots, but thankfully they've been benevolent idiots unlike those at Reading. It's a low bar for new ownership to surpass. Throw in that we're London based (which I still think is an attraction for owners) and we've invested in the new training facility, and I can see why we'd still be attractive, despite the financials.

One thing we have to be eternally grateful for is that the benevolent idiots have paid the debt themselves by converting debt into equity. £50m sounds a lot to you and me, but to the likes of those that invest in a sports 'franchise' from the US, especially if it's a consortium, it really is very little. Especially given they can spread a lot of that cost over multiple years (e.g. the FFP fine and training ground).

Hmm, you've reminded me of a conversation I had with one of the staff in the club shop when I last visited it. He said that Reilly's son was getting very involved in many areas of the club's work.

Maybe, the Reilly boys are really doing their due diligence and seeing where there is 'potential' etc. before investing (hopefully, more wisely than has been done since 2011) or not as the case may be.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024