Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party 11:53 - Aug 25 with 5174 viewsJules4367

So no more signings apparently!

I suppose that when you are intending to host a leaving party there are only so many pork rolls and cheesy sticks that you can have. Understandable then!

After dinner speeches at the party are already being lined up and include "Do you remember that time when I was 2 yards out from an open goal and missed?!" but they are not sure who is going to give this - there are a growing number of potential speakers!

I have heard from someone supposedly connected to the club that the real reason is not that they are intending to leave the Championship by the back door, but they have run out of treatment beds and horse (perhaps that should be ass) liniment!

Where is that bloke with the bucket and sponge, who used to run on the pitch whenever there was an injury, when you need him?

(In my heart (and as a season ticket holder) I believe we have a team that can stay up ...but we do need some luck and help. Fingers crossed !)
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 12:05]
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 12:33 - Aug 25 with 4409 viewsDavieQPR

We have a team that is capable of staying up but they can only play for 60 mins. It's the final 30 mins that worries me.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 12:36 - Aug 25 with 4347 viewsstainrods_elbow

I think we're short, though hopefully not shot, and I suspect Ainsworth does too. Take any three of Field, Armstrong, Smyth, Cook, Colback or Chair out of this side, however, and we're creaking. The striker situation at QPR is nothing short of farcical, and has been going on for years. I expect us to improve on our goals against record from last season (it would be hard even for us not to), but I'd say it's touch and go whether we'll score enough to stay up, and the Norwich and Ipswich games, while a clear improvement, leave my jury very much out. Dykes, Armstrong and Smyth between them might get 20 or so, Chair (if he stays) maybe 7 or 8 at best, and after that . . .. well, you tell me! We badly need one or two of the youngsters to really step up for us, and there are at least one or two signs that Dixon-Bonner, Kolli and/or Duke-McKenna might have something about them, but it's all quite concerning.

What I would say, especially with our new Supreme Leader of Fitness in the building, what will not be acceptable is anything like the number and extent of injuries we had last year. Mr Clarke-Salter, take special note, and gird your loins!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 12:42 - Aug 25 with 4328 viewsdaveB

One positive to this is that we now don't have many peoples fear of a squad of limited runners who when Ainsworth goes eventually and they want to change style again would be unsuited to it all.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 12:44 - Aug 25 with 4323 viewsHunterhoop

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 12:42 - Aug 25 by daveB

One positive to this is that we now don't have many peoples fear of a squad of limited runners who when Ainsworth goes eventually and they want to change style again would be unsuited to it all.

C’mon Dave. Be positive. He might not go for years if things pick up. The green shoots are there.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 13:22 - Aug 25 with 4122 viewsderbyhoop

If nobody else comes in, it will be because of FFP. We cant afford to sign anybody who might command a fee. Neither can we pay the sort of loan fees that PL clubs demand. Stansfield on loan to Brum is living proof.

We know it's going to be a struggle. Defensively, with Cook, Fox, Dunne and JCS, we should improve. If Dykes is out for any length, then goals are going to be rare. Armstrong's pace and strength frighten opposition defenders, but his control and composure Leave a lot to be desired. The alternatives, Kelman, Kolli dont appear ready for the Championship.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 13:54 - Aug 25 with 3979 viewsQPRConor2000

I think Ainsworth is implying that we will only sign someone if someone is sold first.

Just Tells you just how close we are to the FFP line.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 13:59 - Aug 25 with 3955 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth: 7 or 8 in
Ainsworth: 1 or 2 in
Ainsworth: 0 in

All over the place.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 14:07 - Aug 25 with 3891 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 13:59 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

All over the place.

Since day 1 he has been bluffing IMO but its his personality and the fanbase needed his posotive vibes .However as results have tanked it has started to get under our skin and everybody was hoping for a Summer clear out of dead weights .
Now we are in no mans land with the money situation and if we lose the next few games I think it could be rough here in QPR land.
If we could pull 3 points it would ease the stress but nobody really knows .
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 16:09 - Aug 25 with 3617 viewsDavieQPR

Just think the ones we were talking to didn't fancy it and went elsewhere.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 16:20 - Aug 25 with 3548 viewsEastR

I dunno, he’ll be telling us that Man City are not spending £100m on Eze next

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 16:38 - Aug 25 with 3468 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 13:59 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

All over the place.

We have signed 6 to be fair and it seems obvious they were expecting Chair or Willock to go which would have seen a few more arrive
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 16:47 - Aug 25 with 3421 viewsMatch82

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 12:33 - Aug 25 by DavieQPR

We have a team that is capable of staying up but they can only play for 60 mins. It's the final 30 mins that worries me.

The FA picked the worst possible year to clamp down on time wasting and shthousing!
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:20 - Aug 25 with 3263 viewsqpr1976

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 16:38 - Aug 25 by daveB

We have signed 6 to be fair and it seems obvious they were expecting Chair or Willock to go which would have seen a few more arrive

So that suggests -

Chair going nowhere. Good.
Field going nowhere. Good.
Willock going nowhere.

Nor does there appear to be any likelihood of a sell on payment for Eze going anywhere else.

We are what we have.
A Striker & a RB light, but we can’t even afford a loan.

Carry on…..
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:32 - Aug 25 with 3186 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:20 - Aug 25 by qpr1976

So that suggests -

Chair going nowhere. Good.
Field going nowhere. Good.
Willock going nowhere.

Nor does there appear to be any likelihood of a sell on payment for Eze going anywhere else.

We are what we have.
A Striker & a RB light, but we can’t even afford a loan.

Carry on…..

I agree we're short up front and in other areas which is a big risk.
I'm just trying to put it in a positive light that for a change it will mean we have to give some of our own players a go, now that may well be a disaster but we might unearth a gem or two who can do a job for us.

it's looking like a real opportunity for Duke Mckenna, Dixon-Bonner, Alex Ahora and Kolli this season, they should all get far more appearances in the first team and a chance to prove themselves
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:40 - Aug 25 with 3152 viewsLogman

We'll be short, no doubt about it. We were short last year (when we had a bigger squad) but got away with it because we had 30 points in the bank. We have a smaller squad of Championship level players this season (13 or 14) and we won't have a 30 point cushion going into the New Year. We must still be in the three favourites to go down.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:43 - Aug 25 with 3137 viewsHunterhoop

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:32 - Aug 25 by daveB

I agree we're short up front and in other areas which is a big risk.
I'm just trying to put it in a positive light that for a change it will mean we have to give some of our own players a go, now that may well be a disaster but we might unearth a gem or two who can do a job for us.

it's looking like a real opportunity for Duke Mckenna, Dixon-Bonner, Alex Ahora and Kolli this season, they should all get far more appearances in the first team and a chance to prove themselves

It’s also what many have been crying out we do (and praising the club when they do it and it works), including Antti!

Appreciate it is forced on us now by FFP and a lack of any sale, rather than through judgement. But we might as well embrace it. They obviously expected two sell one or both of Chair and Willock and either haven’t received offers or have received offers we’d criticise them if they accepted. So they haven’t sold (yet) so can’t bring in.

I’m not sure it’s worthy of criticism.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:45 - Aug 25 with 3122 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:43 - Aug 25 by Hunterhoop

It’s also what many have been crying out we do (and praising the club when they do it and it works), including Antti!

Appreciate it is forced on us now by FFP and a lack of any sale, rather than through judgement. But we might as well embrace it. They obviously expected two sell one or both of Chair and Willock and either haven’t received offers or have received offers we’d criticise them if they accepted. So they haven’t sold (yet) so can’t bring in.

I’m not sure it’s worthy of criticism.

I don't think Dave was criticising, Hunter?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 18:33 - Aug 25 with 2966 viewsbosh67

Surely we should be recruiting more attacking academy players and trying to fast track them through if we can’t buy or loan more expensive players?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 18:55 - Aug 25 with 2870 viewskensalriser

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:40 - Aug 25 by Logman

We'll be short, no doubt about it. We were short last year (when we had a bigger squad) but got away with it because we had 30 points in the bank. We have a smaller squad of Championship level players this season (13 or 14) and we won't have a 30 point cushion going into the New Year. We must still be in the three favourites to go down.

Second favourites behind Rotherham and oddly in front of Sheff Weds considering they're bottom after three straight defeats.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 19:37 - Aug 25 with 2722 viewsWatfordR

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 12:42 - Aug 25 by daveB

Agree with this. I think I'd be very happy for Eze to get sold and for us not to have an opportunity to spend any available money given that we don't have a DoF in place yet.

No players are going to be coming here for the right reasons as things stand IMO. Pretty much the only reason we're not sitting here with 4 defeats out of 4 is Sincs, and GA has got a lot to do to suggest to me he's a Championship standard manager.

If he's able to get committed performances out of the team consistently over the next three months or so, then he'll deserve some financial backing if its available in January, hopefully with a DoF to oversee it.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 20:24 - Aug 25 with 2600 viewsManinBlack

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 16:47 - Aug 25 by Match82

The FA picked the worst possible year to clamp down on time wasting and shthousing!

Yes exactly. If we play 50 minutes in the first half with stoppage time added we will be dead on our feet 10 minutes into the second half. There is potential for us to play 35 minutes hobbling around in the second half and then 10 minutes added on at the end. 45 minutes with lame ducks is scary. Wait till we get to a three games in 8 days scenario with our squad...
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 20:35 - Aug 25 with 2544 viewsStanisgod

We wont score enough goals to stay up, you read it here first 😎😎

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 20:37 - Aug 25 with 2530 viewsHunterhoop

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 17:45 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think Dave was criticising, Hunter?

Was suggesting he was, Brian. Just commenting in general about criticism and following up on his reasonable point, which I agree with.
Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 20:52 - Aug 25 with 2460 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 20:37 - Aug 25 by Hunterhoop

Was suggesting he was, Brian. Just commenting in general about criticism and following up on his reasonable point, which I agree with.

Apologies, man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 21:37 - Aug 25 with 2315 viewsderbyhoop

Ainsworth says no one else coming to the R's Championship leaving party on 18:33 - Aug 25 by bosh67

Surely we should be recruiting more attacking academy players and trying to fast track them through if we can’t buy or loan more expensive players?

Nice idea. Unfortunately you cant push people through that quickly.
Pedder came from Spurs.probably wont make it.
Dixon-Bonner from liverpool. Not had many chances, so far. He's not going to dictate games at this stage.
Masterson and Owens cane from Liverpool and Spurs and we released them.

I think we've signed Jeche (18) and Ogwuazor (19) this season. It's not as if we're ignoring your suggestion, it's just difficult to find the right calibre.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024