Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager Ainsworth s signings 16:21 - Sep 3 with 2194 viewsnumptydumpty

No D o F currently

Apparently monies available communicated by Hoos to Gareth and then we have pulled in six new team squad members.

I don't count Taylor Richards as an Ainsworth signing as he was in all reality bought last season

But

Begovic
Cook
Fox
Larkeche
Colback
Smyth

That's a very solid achievement to bring in all this experience and skill with such a limited money chest.

And then to get all of them buying into the philosophy and contributing and getting rid of a few high earners and loan disasters . Have been impressed much more than I believed I could

Copy Paste and Compare to last season

Chalk and Cheese

I was unsure Ainsworth was the right fit and after the Watford game, I felt this season would be a total write off. Really was beginning to lose interest and hope.

The change of tactics thankfully and the signings made, has currently won me over.

If we have a solid season, I feel we stick with Ainsworth for the foreseeable

I wanted that with Warburton. We then went back to hire and fire too quickly. That never works.

Let us hope the promise from the last few games continues

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 16:29 - Sep 3 with 2106 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Let's wait and see. Injuries to old bodies and variances in form will surely happen, such is the nature of it.

This time last year, we thought our signings were mustard.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 16:39 - Sep 3 with 2038 viewsDejR_vu

I think GA is limited but where I think he is absolutely spot on is in the power of the characters in the dressing room. Good, experienced pros, with decent characters seems to go a long way. It seems a lot of people talk about it but, by all accounts, his Wycombe changing room was special.

Under the circumstances i don’t think he could have done any better. The key is getting the balance right with some young, hungry, players with potential that can develop and make us better year on year.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 17:19 - Sep 3 with 1935 viewsQPR_Jim

Problem is we won't know for a while whether we've done well or not. For example, if Rotherham end up selling some kid they've picked up on a free this summer for £10m in a year or two I'm sure we'll all be wondering why we didn't pick him up. Etc
Manager Ainsworth s signings on 18:21 - Sep 3 with 1750 viewsRangersw12

Signings are very short term and basically eating into next season's budget giving the older players 2 year contracts

I think we will regret them in 12 months time tbh but something needed to be done .

We still need a DOF imo as you need someone above the manager who will make long term decisions for the good of the club.
Manager Ainsworth s signings on 18:31 - Sep 3 with 1686 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 18:21 - Sep 3 by Rangersw12

Signings are very short term and basically eating into next season's budget giving the older players 2 year contracts

I think we will regret them in 12 months time tbh but something needed to be done .

We still need a DOF imo as you need someone above the manager who will make long term decisions for the good of the club.

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 18:45 - Sep 3 with 1622 viewsPunteR

Andy Belk?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 19:29 - Sep 3 with 1463 viewsVancouverHoop

Sure. The problem might be however, that if we get a DoF next season he'll assuredly want to bring in his own people, including a head coach. If Ainsworth has a good year, then gets replaced it likely won't go down well with the players nor — you can count on it — our fans.
Manager Ainsworth s signings on 19:42 - Sep 3 with 1386 viewsdavman

But ONLY if he is not going to get overruled by those above.

Now I do not know this for a fact, but I cannot believe Hoos and Ferdinand were the ones that sanctioned the gamble taken under Warbs and the Snake. I am especially doubtful that they sanctioned whatever wage Charlie Austin was bought back here on - that absolutely has a whiff of Fernandes.

So, if we have a DoF and a CEO with a clear unequivocal remit to ensure that the books balance and we NEVER sail this close to the FFP punishment lines again AND they are held to account over that, I am all for it.

BUT, if my suspicions are right and the owners were the ones pushing the gamble, they are undermining the authority of the CEO and DoF, who cannot be subsequently held accountable when the sh*t hits the fan like it has this summer. That, or a desire to get out of all this, would explain the fact that Les walked and wasn't sacked and Hoos is still around (thankfully in my eyes).

If that doesn't change a DoF is pointless.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 19:50 - Sep 3 with 1341 viewsnumptydumpty

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 16:39 - Sep 3 by DejR_vu

I think GA is limited but where I think he is absolutely spot on is in the power of the characters in the dressing room. Good, experienced pros, with decent characters seems to go a long way. It seems a lot of people talk about it but, by all accounts, his Wycombe changing room was special.

Under the circumstances i don’t think he could have done any better. The key is getting the balance right with some young, hungry, players with potential that can develop and make us better year on year.

Yes the two year contracts might come to bite but we absolutely needed these players as without them I would say we were almost nailed on for relegation

But perhaps as we all know Eze is extremely unlikely to be at Palace next season and that cuts out the issues with the older players salaries if they are still here next season.

I think people saying if we bought such and such from Huddersfield and then they sold him for £10 million.

That argument is very sketchy given our ability to do that has been very poor in.last 10 to 15 years.

Only Eze and Sterling really

But we do seem to have characters within ie Armstrong and Kolli for a start who may or may not do that.

I think for what he had to spend ie nothing all signings currently seem good

Yes we did think that last season but several were loans who simply weren't interested or they were reasonable players but massively injury prone.

The signings are generally experienced and not dogged by injuries, clearly we took too many chances in recruitment last year.

Yes am aware its early days but let's see where we get to.

Anyhow it's good to be optimistic as last eighteen months that's been quite a challenge.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 19:57 - Sep 3 with 1306 viewsterryb

It is very early yet, but so far, I've not seen anything in our senior signings to sugest that they won't be able to compete next season.

There wages will have less effect on FFP then than this season as well.
Manager Ainsworth s signings on 20:06 - Sep 3 with 1250 viewsRangersw12

Manager Ainsworth s signings on 19:42 - Sep 3 by davman

But ONLY if he is not going to get overruled by those above.

Now I do not know this for a fact, but I cannot believe Hoos and Ferdinand were the ones that sanctioned the gamble taken under Warbs and the Snake. I am especially doubtful that they sanctioned whatever wage Charlie Austin was bought back here on - that absolutely has a whiff of Fernandes.

So, if we have a DoF and a CEO with a clear unequivocal remit to ensure that the books balance and we NEVER sail this close to the FFP punishment lines again AND they are held to account over that, I am all for it.

BUT, if my suspicions are right and the owners were the ones pushing the gamble, they are undermining the authority of the CEO and DoF, who cannot be subsequently held accountable when the sh*t hits the fan like it has this summer. That, or a desire to get out of all this, would explain the fact that Les walked and wasn't sacked and Hoos is still around (thankfully in my eyes).

If that doesn't change a DoF is pointless.

Totally agree and we have to go 100% commitment on a DOF and not undermine them like the board did previously , I also think we need a new CEO to take the club by the scruff of the neck and be the best it can be rather than let it drift and just blame everything on FFP .

We basically need to be better in every single department from the ticket office to the catering .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024