Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock the 95th minute substitution 17:29 - Oct 28 with 6196 viewsnumptydumpty

If you are a decent man manager, people you don't rate or like, you do not humiliate them every week for humiliations sake.

That's pathetic man management and why on earth is he never asked these questions in post match interviews.

If he is against him no point having him on the bench.

From the outside in, this is the actions of someone who holds a grudge but as a tactic in a professional game. Why ???
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:29]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 17:38 - Oct 28 with 5088 viewsngbqpr

In addition to the bizarre Willock subbing routine (with that random start thrown in - was it Swansea)...we have Armstrong disappearing into thin air today while Kelman reappears from thin air...Smyth, early season favourite and doing ok, comes back from the high of his first NI start / goal, benched...Richards missing in action, suddenly back on the bench.

Drives me nuts.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 17:38 - Oct 28 with 5086 viewsDejR_vu

Very little we agree upon, but agree with this. Either drop him or play him. This added time substitution nonsense is pathetic.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 17:58 - Oct 28 with 4901 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR have been not playing players with contract issues for a lot of years now. It’s not necessarily a GA thing.

We are also forgetting Willock plays like shite or a priceless ming vase when he does get on the pitch.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:59]
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 17:59 - Oct 28 with 4874 viewsnumptydumpty

The message this sends out to the rest of the squad if manager doesn't like or rate you, he will hang you out to dry.

Regardless of whether deserves this or has played dreadfully, it's the message this sends to the rest of the squad.

Ainsworth always makes his subs after the horse has bolted.

87th minute for Smyth.

We had no outlet after Dozzell s dickhead moment.

Attacking sub should have been made then or at least by the 70th minute so chance to influence the outcome.

Always making the substitution after we go behind is frankly amazingly dim.

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:00 - Oct 28 with 4870 viewsmart_Goblin

Agree with all of this .

He might just need a run of games?

This injury time sub obsession is pathetic frankly
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:01 - Oct 28 with 4850 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 17:58 - Oct 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

QPR have been not playing players with contract issues for a lot of years now. It’s not necessarily a GA thing.

We are also forgetting Willock plays like shite or a priceless ming vase when he does get on the pitch.

Don't pick him on the bench then or waste a minute in injury time bringing him on.

That's the part that makes no sense.

Doesn't like him, rate him or contract situation, then ignore him completely. That's the correct way to deal with that.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 18:04]

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:02 - Oct 28 with 4830 viewsDejR_vu

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 17:58 - Oct 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

But why the weird fixation with putting him on in added time? Contract issues, fine, don’t play him if that’s the policy. Also, why take up the option if it’s a contract thing? Just to burn another year’s salary? I know we have some boneheads running the club but this is all plain weird.

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:03 - Oct 28 with 4814 viewsLazyFan

Your score and then get sent off. Making the manager look like a muppet for not being able to manage your discipline as a player.

In addition, you have another midfielder just back from injury picking up a yellow so, he misses the next game too.

Ensuring they are clear for the next manager to come in and use them all the time without fear as they have cleared down their yellows.

Mere coincidence no doubt.

My view is the players want him out.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:06 - Oct 28 with 4780 viewsmart_Goblin

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:03 - Oct 28 by LazyFan

Your score and then get sent off. Making the manager look like a muppet for not being able to manage your discipline as a player.

In addition, you have another midfielder just back from injury picking up a yellow so, he misses the next game too.

Ensuring they are clear for the next manager to come in and use them all the time without fear as they have cleared down their yellows.

They do. Make no mistake
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:45 - Oct 28 with 4609 viewsRuislipHoop

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 17:38 - Oct 28 by ngbqpr

In addition to the bizarre Willock subbing routine (with that random start thrown in - was it Swansea)...we have Armstrong disappearing into thin air today while Kelman reappears from thin air...Smyth, early season favourite and doing ok, comes back from the high of his first NI start / goal, benched...Richards missing in action, suddenly back on the bench.

Drives me nuts.

I believe that bar Willock,all his decisions are based on info from the medical dept who now seem to be picking the team.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:56 - Oct 28 with 4536 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:45 - Oct 28 by RuislipHoop

I believe that bar Willock,all his decisions are based on info from the medical dept who now seem to be picking the team.

Why does Nick London not ask the question in his interview, you have put Willock on for last couple minutes injury time now on four separate occasions. What's the reasoning behind this.

Bit sad he not asked the question

Feel it deserves a response from Ainsworth.

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:01 - Oct 28 with 4481 viewsted_hendrix

I posted this bollox on some other thread.

2-1 down at home and In the 93rd minute our much-maligned Manager takes off the rapidly deteriorating Colback who for the second game on the TROT gets himself booked and now banned and replaces him with what one might call a recognised goalscorer who goes by the name of Chris Willock.
Now Chris Willock has suffered lately from whatever he has suffered from, lack of game time, maybe lack of confidence, who the effing hell knows, what I do Know Is he (Chris Willock) has scored some rather well scripted goals in his time here, he hasn't scored those well scripted goals whilst sat on his bottom but when out on the pitch.
I just feel rightly or wrongly that If by chance Chris Willock could maybe score the odd goal It might just might reignite his enthusiasm for the game.

Thus propelling QPR up the table Into the dizzy heights of just a wee bit above the relegation zone.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:03 - Oct 28 with 4469 viewskernowhoop

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:56 - Oct 28 by numptydumpty

Why does Nick London not ask the question in his interview, you have put Willock on for last couple minutes injury time now on four separate occasions. What's the reasoning behind this.

Bit sad he not asked the question

Feel it deserves a response from Ainsworth.

Isn't the answer that Nick, although he must often be as puzzled as the rest of us, is employed by the club and is not expected to make trouble for it?
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:09 - Oct 28 with 4398 viewsstainrods_elbow

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:03 - Oct 28 by kernowhoop

Isn't the answer that Nick, although he must often be as puzzled as the rest of us, is employed by the club and is not expected to make trouble for it?

If so, can he not still be brave and do something 'off script' for once? What are they gonna do - sack him?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:09 - Oct 28 with 4415 viewsDejR_vu

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:03 - Oct 28 by kernowhoop

Maybe one of the grizzled, hard-hitting journos could ask him in his post-match press-conference?

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:12 - Oct 28 with 4372 viewsNed_Kennedys

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:03 - Oct 28 by LazyFan

This is rubbish.

Players put in a proper shift today.

And the idea that players are cynical enough to deliberately engineer getting yellows and reds to be banned to miss games because they think a new manager will pick them is nonsense.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:20 - Oct 28 with 4285 viewsCateLeBonR

Willock is starting to look fit now tbf.

Let's hope he's willing to dig in for us now in what is going to be a very very difficult season.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:30 - Oct 28 with 4193 viewsBrianWilson

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:20 - Oct 28 by CateLeBonR

Willock is starting to look fit now tbf.

Let's hope he's willing to dig in for us now in what is going to be a very very difficult season.

Armstrong was injured today accoridng to official twitter.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:31 - Oct 28 with 4177 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He’s got nothing to lose. I hope he starts him for the remainder of his time with us so all the excuses made for Willock will dry up.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 20:01 - Oct 28 with 3998 viewsngbqpr

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 19:31 - Oct 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

He’s got nothing to lose. I hope he starts him for the remainder of his time with us so all the excuses made for Willock will dry up.

Sorry Baz that was meant to be an upvote. Agree 100%.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 3798 viewsderbyhoop

What we know about Willock is that
1. He is out of contract in June 24 and shows no sign of extending it
2. He's missed a lot of game time over the last 18 months with hamstring issues

What we don't know
Is he properly fit?
Is his attitude right?
Does he really want to play for us?
Can he be trusted to put in the necessary effort?

If any of the last 4 can't be answered with a Yes, then you ought to know why he's not getting picked. I'm still puzzled by getting on in added time. That bit doesn't make sense.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 22:30 - Oct 28 with 3701 viewsozexile

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 22:12 - Oct 28 by derbyhoop

What we know about Willock is that
1. He is out of contract in June 24 and shows no sign of extending it
2. He's missed a lot of game time over the last 18 months with hamstring issues

What we don't know
Is he properly fit?
Is his attitude right?
Does he really want to play for us?
Can he be trusted to put in the necessary effort?

If any of the last 4 can't be answered with a Yes, then you ought to know why he's not getting picked. I'm still puzzled by getting on in added time. That bit doesn't make sense.

TBH we're getting to the stage now where we need any attacking resources. If he leaves in June so be it. Use him while we can.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 23:21 - Oct 28 with 3527 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A big reason why Gareth had to go. Whilst I understand the desire to command respect, this isn't the way to achieve it. QPR are hardly blessed with an embarrassment of riches.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 23:29 - Oct 28 with 3494 viewssilverbirch

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 17:59 - Oct 28 by numptydumpty

The message this sends out to the rest of the squad if manager doesn't like or rate you, he will hang you out to dry.

Regardless of whether deserves this or has played dreadfully, it's the message this sends to the rest of the squad.

Ainsworth always makes his subs after the horse has bolted.

87th minute for Smyth.

We had no outlet after Dozzell s dickhead moment.

Attacking sub should have been made then or at least by the 70th minute so chance to influence the outcome.

Always making the substitution after we go behind is frankly amazingly dim.

So, we go a man down, while drawing with the best team in the league, and you’d make an attacking substitution? Bold. I don’t think ainsworth is in the minority in thinking this isn’t the best approach.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 03:59 - Oct 29 with 3319 viewsHoopsie

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 23:29 - Oct 28 by silverbirch

So, we go a man down, while drawing with the best team in the league, and you’d make an attacking substitution? Bold. I don’t think ainsworth is in the minority in thinking this isn’t the best approach.

But he did make it, on the 95th minute

I think this thread asks why did he do what he did if not to “humiliate” Willock

Unless I am mistaken?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024