Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on today's defeat 18:52 - Dec 23 with 2617 viewsbosh67

Speaks very honestly. I am sure he knows what we need to get something out of these games. Haaland would help.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on today's defeat on 19:05 - Dec 23 with 2528 viewsstainrods_elbow

Thinks we performed at a 'very high level' today, can pick up lots of points, and just need to 'keep the faith', when we have one goal and one point from our last three games, two of them at home. I like the cut of this man's jib, but I'd say that's defiance bordering on delusional. If he thinks we'll score the goals we need with Dykes, Sincs and/or Kelman up top, he's stupid.

Sell Chair in January, or lose him for any period of time through injury or suspension, and I think our goose will be cooked by Easter. The Board had better have a plan for bringing in an effective goalscorer, a quality midfield playmaker, and another right back, FFP or no FFP.

Obviously, even if one or two puzzling fans here think life in League One might be fine and dandy, they don't want us relegated . . . right?
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 19:07]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Gaffer on today's defeat on 21:00 - Dec 23 with 2343 viewsbosh67

Gaffer on today's defeat on 19:05 - Dec 23 by stainrods_elbow

Thinks we performed at a 'very high level' today, can pick up lots of points, and just need to 'keep the faith', when we have one goal and one point from our last three games, two of them at home. I like the cut of this man's jib, but I'd say that's defiance bordering on delusional. If he thinks we'll score the goals we need with Dykes, Sincs and/or Kelman up top, he's stupid.

Sell Chair in January, or lose him for any period of time through injury or suspension, and I think our goose will be cooked by Easter. The Board had better have a plan for bringing in an effective goalscorer, a quality midfield playmaker, and another right back, FFP or no FFP.

Obviously, even if one or two puzzling fans here think life in League One might be fine and dandy, they don't want us relegated . . . right?

By all accounts we didn't play badly at all today but we are toothless going forward. I agree, we need another striker, a playmaker and more right back cover. Obviously we have no money. Southampton's substitutes were worth more than our entire squad so it shows how far we have fallen.

For me Cifuentes is a very different coach to anything we have had in recent history. We should have won at Sheff Weds and we possibly could've got a point today. But I think if you bring in someone like this then you have to find some way, somehow to back him in the window because it's completely obvious what he needs to improve this squad and turn the season around.

If we come out the back end of the window and we still only have Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as options, no playmaker and a midfield possibly depleted of one of our better players then Cifuentes has been sold a lie. You get someone in who players clearly respect and who plays better football with what he has, you have to somehow back him in the window, however creatively.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on today's defeat on 21:13 - Dec 23 with 2299 viewsFDC

I do worry we've done something magnificently QPR and found a very good manager in exactly the wrong circumstances. The game today really showed how good we can be with this squad, to a limit - that limit being the final third and as soon as you start making substitutes. So logically, you have to bolster the squad with a goal scorer and some depth, to see where this could take us. Except we can't because money and FFP. Very QPR situation to be in.
Gaffer on today's defeat on 07:32 - Dec 24 with 1968 viewsNorthantsHoop

I like his positivity and professionalism, felt exactly how he did leaving the game we played well against a good team, but just lacked the killer punch. Personally felt Willock had a very good 2nd half shame he got taken out by the tackle. I still believe Marti will get the points to keep us in the division, whether we keep him long term remains to be seen but that is for another day.
Gaffer on today's defeat on 07:47 - Dec 24 with 1933 viewsFDC

Another thing that game highlighted is that even with plenty of decent service into the box, Dykes unfortunately remained anonymous as an attacking threat
Gaffer on today's defeat on 09:11 - Dec 24 with 1825 viewsgazza1

Gaffer on today's defeat on 19:05 - Dec 23 by stainrods_elbow

Don't get why you want to 'dig' the Manager out - he is a breath of fresh air, he has put his 'stamp' on the team/squad, they know what he wants and they are trying to play proper football. Yes, he has got a few things wrong, doesn't everyone?? He is still assessing his squad of players and that is not done in a few weeks. He knows all too well that we are badly lacking a forward to score goals and I would expect him to realise that the forwards that he has in the squad are not going to score goals. He is not going to 'slag' the players who are letting him down on TV, he knows who need replacing, it is not 'rocket science'.

He is actively looking to sign strikers in January, he knows without getting a striker or two in that we will be facing relegation.

Personally, even if we do not sign a striker I think that there are at least 3/4 worse teams in this division so I do not think we will get relegation but it will be hard work.

Patience.......
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 9:11]
Gaffer on today's defeat on 12:57 - Dec 24 with 1607 viewsstainrods_elbow

Gaffer on today's defeat on 09:11 - Dec 24 by gazza1

Don't get why you want to 'dig' the Manager out - he is a breath of fresh air, he has put his 'stamp' on the team/squad, they know what he wants and they are trying to play proper football. Yes, he has got a few things wrong, doesn't everyone?? He is still assessing his squad of players and that is not done in a few weeks. He knows all too well that we are badly lacking a forward to score goals and I would expect him to realise that the forwards that he has in the squad are not going to score goals. He is not going to 'slag' the players who are letting him down on TV, he knows who need replacing, it is not 'rocket science'.

He is actively looking to sign strikers in January, he knows without getting a striker or two in that we will be facing relegation.

Personally, even if we do not sign a striker I think that there are at least 3/4 worse teams in this division so I do not think we will get relegation but it will be hard work.

Patience.......
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 9:11]

Not digging him out - I said I liked him, ffs - but I think his post-match assessment was bluster, smoke and mirrors. He overrated the performance, and had no real answer as to how we're going to start creating and scoring chances other than a bit of spin.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 13:03 - Dec 24 with 1586 viewsstainrods_elbow

Gaffer on today's defeat on 21:00 - Dec 23 by bosh67

By all accounts we didn't play badly at all today but we are toothless going forward. I agree, we need another striker, a playmaker and more right back cover. Obviously we have no money. Southampton's substitutes were worth more than our entire squad so it shows how far we have fallen.

For me Cifuentes is a very different coach to anything we have had in recent history. We should have won at Sheff Weds and we possibly could've got a point today. But I think if you bring in someone like this then you have to find some way, somehow to back him in the window because it's completely obvious what he needs to improve this squad and turn the season around.

If we come out the back end of the window and we still only have Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as options, no playmaker and a midfield possibly depleted of one of our better players then Cifuentes has been sold a lie. You get someone in who players clearly respect and who plays better football with what he has, you have to somehow back him in the window, however creatively.

He's only been 'sold a lie' if the Board told him there'll be some money in Jan and then there isn't. I suspect there'll be a (small) budget, but who can we shift? Dozzell, Dykes, Kelman, Colback and Field (controversial, perhaps) I'd take any half-decent offers on, and if there's 5m on the table for Chair, I assume he'll go too, even if it relegates us. As things stand, I'd say it's maybe 50-50 we'll stay up with this lot, but we'll know a lot more by this time next month. We need to aim for 12-13 points from our next 6 games, given so many of them are at home, though I'm expecting 7 or 8 at best.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 13:06]

Login to get fewer ads

Gaffer on today's defeat on 13:22 - Dec 24 with 1566 viewsted_hendrix

We seem to have a good Manager.

We do not have a squad of decent Championship players.

Far too often people will say such and such played well after a defeat and the next game such and such has reverted to being poor again.

Our playing squad are consistently inconsistent.

If you Invited some Aliens from outer space to watch a game at LR they'll tell you at half time "you know you've got nobody up front attacking the ball, no movement up front either, I cant see you scoring a goal to be honest, It's been nice meeting you Earthdweller peeps but we're gonna give the second half a miss and return to the Planet Pluto as we have a yoga class this evening".

I dunno, once you've heard one Managers thoughts after a defeat It just sounds like the last Managers thoughts after a defeat.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 16:29 - Dec 24 with 1425 viewsHastings_Hoops

Gaffer on today's defeat on 13:03 - Dec 24 by stainrods_elbow

He's only been 'sold a lie' if the Board told him there'll be some money in Jan and then there isn't. I suspect there'll be a (small) budget, but who can we shift? Dozzell, Dykes, Kelman, Colback and Field (controversial, perhaps) I'd take any half-decent offers on, and if there's 5m on the table for Chair, I assume he'll go too, even if it relegates us. As things stand, I'd say it's maybe 50-50 we'll stay up with this lot, but we'll know a lot more by this time next month. We need to aim for 12-13 points from our next 6 games, given so many of them are at home, though I'm expecting 7 or 8 at best.

Truth is we need to sell Chair, Willock, Dykes, Clarke-Salter, Paal and anyone else who’s not nailed down and attracts an offer of any substance in January and have a shopping list of ready replacements (Scandinavian, Spanish or other) in place to move quickly. If we can get £5m for the lot, free up some budget and get rid of some of the malaise we’ll be in a stronger position.
Gaffer on today's defeat on 16:52 - Dec 24 with 1367 viewsFDC

I seem to be in a bit of minority in that I thought it was a good performance, certainly a good game to watch. Personally can't fault Marti's comments really, you'd hope we'll pick up points playing like that most weeks - Southampton are a top side in this league. But we'd pick up a lot more with a better squad, goes without saying really. I think he's got us playing about as good as we can hope to play without some overhauling of the players at his disposal
Gaffer on today's defeat on 18:06 - Dec 24 with 1247 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gaffer on today's defeat on 16:52 - Dec 24 by FDC

I seem to be in a bit of minority in that I thought it was a good performance, certainly a good game to watch. Personally can't fault Marti's comments really, you'd hope we'll pick up points playing like that most weeks - Southampton are a top side in this league. But we'd pick up a lot more with a better squad, goes without saying really. I think he's got us playing about as good as we can hope to play without some overhauling of the players at his disposal

Very fair assessment. I went away pleased with the effort and organisation. Lots of things to improve, but it was a good performance.

Bare bones.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 20:33 - Dec 24 with 1105 viewsQPRConor2000

To be fair, I think yesterday was a bit of a tall order for us, I mean your playing against a side who had the likes of Kyle Walker Peters in their squad, who probably is too good for this level.

I think we do need to strengthen in January and hopefully Marti will have had assurances from the board that he can bring some reinforcements in, we do need a striker and a centre mid in imo, but I dont expect us to be going in big, your probably looking at cheap loans to fill the gaps till the end of the season when our FFP situation improves.
Gaffer on today's defeat on 21:50 - Dec 24 with 1002 viewsStreathamRanger

Gaffer on today's defeat on 16:52 - Dec 24 by FDC

I thought it was a good game against a team with vastly superior resources to ours. Nobody would have said we weren't worth a draw. Keep playing like that and we'll pick up a few wins.
Gaffer on today's defeat on 03:42 - Dec 25 with 873 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Gaffer on today's defeat on 13:03 - Dec 24 by stainrods_elbow

Who in their right mind (apart from QPR) would sign Colback? Even McDonalds have phased him out.
Gaffer on today's defeat on 09:11 - Dec 25 with 790 viewsgazza1

Gaffer on today's defeat on 12:57 - Dec 24 by stainrods_elbow

Not digging him out - I said I liked him, ffs - but I think his post-match assessment was bluster, smoke and mirrors. He overrated the performance, and had no real answer as to how we're going to start creating and scoring chances other than a bit of spin.

Common on.....we created quite a few opportunities but without decent strikers then we are not going to score. I thought the overall performance against one of the best Championship sides was creditable. A lot of players put a lot of effort into the game but we gave a way a poor goal and lost. The players are playing a lot better.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 10:25]
Gaffer on today's defeat on 09:18 - Dec 25 with 775 viewsSpaceman_P

What we also need is a born leader in the squad.... Someone who's going to go mental at the players on the pitch when they mess up.

This team are too polite they probably apologise if they bump into opposition players.

Need a bloke who's going to shout at them.
Gaffer on today's defeat on 10:24 - Dec 25 with 731 viewsgazza1

Gaffer on today's defeat on 03:42 - Dec 25 by Wegerles_Stairs

Who in their right mind (apart from QPR) would sign Colback? Even McDonalds have phased him out.

If the price was right, Colback is a good signing.......look at the last 3 results since he has not played.

As far as a leader is concerned, we got Cook who 'digs players out', but read a couple of posters views on Cook ......they do not like it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024