Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear England 09:34 - Jan 29 with 1172 viewsslmrstid

Has anyone been to see this? Either in one of the performances the National Theatre has done or one of the cinema broadcasts they have been doing of it around the country.

We went to go and see it at a cinema at home on Saturday. Really quite interesting actually, second half felt a bit rushed at times, also a bit odd to see something so contemporary considered most of the people featured are still in situ.

Enjoyed it though.
Dear England on 09:49 - Jan 29 with 1087 viewsNW10Hoop

Yes, saw it in the West End a couple of months ago. Enjoyed it too.

I thought Joseph Fiennes was brilliant as Gareth Southgate especially.
[Post edited 29 Jan 11:48]
Dear England on 10:07 - Jan 29 with 1036 viewsnix

I saw it at the National. I think I prefer things live as you get more of a vibe from the audience. I thought Fiennes was good and I’d watch Gina McKee in anything. Thought it was very enjoyable. Interesting about how the previous managers hadn’t even thought about the psychology of penalties. My friend who doesn’t even like football also enjoyed it.
Dear England on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 819 viewsHoopstar

We went to see it live in December, really enjoyed it. The theatre was half empty though. Agree Fiennes is superb as Southgate,

Surprised that it is transferring to Broadway though - there's a lot of in jokes and relatively niche English football references that I can't see making much sense that side of the Atlantic. My American other half likes a bit of footy but didn't have a clue who Graham Taylor was as an example.
Dear England on 13:16 - Jan 29 with 740 viewsHantsR

Saw it at The National last year. Great performances from Fiennes and Mckee, almost lifelike from the former; I think I mentioned it on these pages at the time? Anyway, it's very entertaining if not too subtle at times, but a good evening out.
Dear England on 13:19 - Jan 29 with 723 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I saw it and really enjoyed it. Gareth Southgate could actually be him and the Pickford actor absolutely nailed his mannerisms.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024