Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window 19:53 - Feb 5 with 3515 viewsnumptydumpty

Not proven yet but hope rekindled.

Getting an expensive wage in Dozzell off the monthly expenditure

Getting Hayden and Hodges wages paid by their clubs and getting in two players Marti aware of for free and seemingly happy to take their salary in next seasons window.

Am guessing as a lot of our back up squad players are 21 and under, they don't have to be named in the senior squad.

And we got rid of one player for two seemingly decent types and two that have the potential to add something.

Means our squad is no longer paper thin.

Think it's been done as the threat of relegation was very real.

What with being able to pay off Ainsworth and get in Cifuentes due to renaming every cubicle in the mens and ladies conveniences, means FFP is OK if we stay up.

I think it had to be done but if we did end up going down, we possibly could be well in the sh*t ie the amounts allowed to be lost are even less in League one and the strategy seems to be delaying a lot of salary payments until next year.

Let us see what happens on Saturday and beyond but am amazed we got anyone in and also I previously felt we could not even afford to get rid of Ainsworth so last few months currently have been a big surprise...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 20:02 - Feb 5 with 3440 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Far be it for me to divert from my usual state of happyclapperdom, but we’ve only seen about 70 minutes combined of these players yet.

As for the financial gymnastics, we haven't seen the accounts either.

Let's relax and see what happens.
[Post edited 5 Feb 21:45]
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 20:40 - Feb 5 with 3335 viewsnumptydumpty

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 20:02 - Feb 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Far be it for me to divert from my usual state of happyclapperdom, but we’ve only seen about 70 minutes combined of these players yet.

As for the financial gymnastics, we haven't seen the accounts either.

Let's relax and see what happens.
[Post edited 5 Feb 21:45]

Crikey

Sometimes it is OK to believe we could well have done something right for a change.

Otherwise what's the point in supporting your team if it just 💯 of the time always creates doom and gloom within yourself

Where's the fun in that..

Keep miserable then Bazza until proven otherwise

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 21:23 - Feb 5 with 3234 viewsSpaceman_P

still haven't shifted Ricards yet though.

Plus gonna have to install a stairlift for Uncs at Heston (joke, we love you Uncs)
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 21:32 - Feb 5 with 3182 viewsnix

We’ve also got Les and Ramsey off the wage sheet. That’s probably a fair amount….
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 21:45 - Feb 5 with 3091 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Far too early to tell, as Bazza says, but I can't help but feel hopeful.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 22:46 - Feb 5 with 2859 viewsdaveB

It all sounds good but it always sounds good until we see them play a few games. Time to laud this window will be the summer and really hope it proves to be a game changer for us
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 22:48 - Feb 5 with 2845 viewsnumptydumpty

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 21:45 - Feb 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Far too early to tell, as Bazza says, but I can't help but feel hopeful.

I tend to be a half glass full type of person Brian and that attitude has been severely tested last couple of seasons particularly the home form which has been depressing.

The signs are slowly changing and there is some hope where there was Bob Hope and his brother.

So any "potentially clever" business is welcome

Yes obviously not proven but there are definite green shoots with the new manager and the style of play and a few points here and there as against what was happening before, there are definite improvements.

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 23:49 - Feb 5 with 2691 viewsPunteR

I get where Numpty is coming from.
Just the fact we've got players in, got Marti C in and got rid of deadwood really shows to me there's still life in the old dog yet.
I thought the owners had called it a day, chucked Ainsworth in as a last throw of the dice and had no plans for the future.
Yeh I can see lots of positives at QPR atm. There's some good signs.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 00:45 - Feb 6 with 2634 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 22:48 - Feb 5 by numptydumpty

I tend to be a half glass full type of person Brian and that attitude has been severely tested last couple of seasons particularly the home form which has been depressing.

The signs are slowly changing and there is some hope where there was Bob Hope and his brother.

So any "potentially clever" business is welcome

Yes obviously not proven but there are definite green shoots with the new manager and the style of play and a few points here and there as against what was happening before, there are definite improvements.

Agree with all of that, Numpty.

I'm hopeful as well, and have been since Cifuentes arrived.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 01:29 - Feb 6 with 2588 viewsnumptydumpty

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 21:23 - Feb 5 by Spaceman_P

still haven't shifted Ricards yet though.

Plus gonna have to install a stairlift for Uncs at Heston (joke, we love you Uncs)

As said by many, we have to take the Richards one on the chin. Seems not much can change there.

Think Adomah as he now is a development player - almost seems like they "grooming" uncle to be a youth coach of the future.

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 07:27 - Feb 6 with 2389 viewscpgerber

Are the "New signings" features not part of LFW anymore? Always been one of my favourites, not just the player profile, but especially the summary of the state we are in and what lead to the particular transfer,
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 08:04 - Feb 6 with 2296 viewsEastR

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 07:27 - Feb 6 by cpgerber

Are the "New signings" features not part of LFW anymore? Always been one of my favourites, not just the player profile, but especially the summary of the state we are in and what lead to the particular transfer,

This week in fairness Clive has been working in his own 'Wish you were here' feature. And well deserved too.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 08:09 - Feb 6 with 2279 viewsRs_Holy

seeing as we didn't have a pot to urinate in a few weeks ago, not sure how they've managed to do this and avoid FFP??? time will tell I suppose but on the face of it some really good signings.
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 08:41 - Feb 6 with 2152 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Looks like we are after proper professionals as well, players who take all sides of the trade seriously, being a professional and having more of those types about is gonna be a big boost in the changing room and on the training ground. I think we have to save the negatives for the end of the season now, sure be realistic but we really need to believe, we can get out of this and we can survive. Come on U Rrrrrrrrrs!
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 11:26 - Feb 6 with 1880 viewsTheChef

Beat Norwich (win an actual home game!) and I may start to believe...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 11:52 - Feb 6 with 1803 viewsdmm

I'd imagine most supporters are feeling buoyed by the new signings and rightly so as they look good. However, I'd also imagine that come the end of the season we'll almost certainly have revised some of our views on them. It would be quite unusual for all four players to meet fans' expectations.
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 14:08 - Feb 6 with 1647 viewsR_from_afar

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 22:46 - Feb 5 by daveB

It all sounds good but it always sounds good until we see them play a few games. Time to laud this window will be the summer and really hope it proves to be a game changer for us

Absolutely, Dave, but what this window has achieved is to create some real competition in the short term, until we find out if the newcomers are in fact any good.

I saw a graphic on X showing the options we now have for each starting position and it gave me some hope. Players who previously knew they would pretty much always make the starting line-up if fit and ban free won't be quite so sure any more, and that will - hopefully - be extra motivation for them.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 15:50 - Feb 6 with 1484 viewsconnell10

I think we have a fighting chance .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 15:58 - Feb 6 with 1434 viewsJigsore

Reggie Cannon also seems to have been an oddly good pick up out of nowhere.

Do we know what length of deal Andersen is on? That's the signing i'm least convinced by, presumably a relatively cheap stab in the dark based on our manager's recommendation

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 16:04 - Feb 6 with 1414 viewsMaggsinho

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 15:58 - Feb 6 by Jigsore

Reggie Cannon also seems to have been an oddly good pick up out of nowhere.

Do we know what length of deal Andersen is on? That's the signing i'm least convinced by, presumably a relatively cheap stab in the dark based on our manager's recommendation

18 month contract for Andersen.
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 16:16 - Feb 6 with 1377 viewssprocket

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 16:04 - Feb 6 by Maggsinho

18 month contract for Andersen.

Almost certainly with an option for another year. On face value looks like astute business.
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 16:33 - Feb 6 with 1299 viewsdmm

Nourry's statement on the January signings: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/february/06/ceo-christian-nourry-on-january-work

He makes a very interesting comment about not publishing the length of Frey's and Andersen's contracts (Although Beck's given away Andersen's) saying - “The club’s policy on all contracts going forward is simple. We won’t be making an announcement on their lengths. We know what we are working towards with each player’s situation and we understand where the development of those contracts can go. But I think it is important for the club as an institution to work as hard and as smart in the market as possible, and that includes taking this step for strategic purposes.”

I'm not sure what strategic advantage we'll gain by this, but it's a novel idea.
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 16:36 - Feb 6 with 1274 viewsAntti_Heinola

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 11:52 - Feb 6 by dmm

I'd imagine most supporters are feeling buoyed by the new signings and rightly so as they look good. However, I'd also imagine that come the end of the season we'll almost certainly have revised some of our views on them. It would be quite unusual for all four players to meet fans' expectations.

Major precedent only 3 years ago tbf! but agree - at least one or two will be disappointed/injured.

Bare bones.

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 16:38 - Feb 6 with 1249 viewsHeadington

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 14:08 - Feb 6 by R_from_afar

Absolutely, Dave, but what this window has achieved is to create some real competition in the short term, until we find out if the newcomers are in fact any good.

I saw a graphic on X showing the options we now have for each starting position and it gave me some hope. Players who previously knew they would pretty much always make the starting line-up if fit and ban free won't be quite so sure any more, and that will - hopefully - be extra motivation for them.

Agree. One of our biggest problems has been the 'Sat-Tues-week' where we have rotated the squad. That revealed our lack of depth. Millwall away and Cardiff at home seemed to confirm that in the midst of a busy schedule. We know for example that when Cook starts we rarely lose. Cook and Clarke-Salter seem key to our survival but strengthening other areas also important to get through the two match weeks coming up.
Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 18:05 - Feb 6 with 1077 viewsnumptydumpty

Currently seems like excellent business in transfer Window on 16:36 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

Major precedent only 3 years ago tbf! but agree - at least one or two will be disappointed/injured.

Yes four loans in previous January window before was Field, Austin, De Vries and Johansen.

When we made them all permanent at the beginning of the new season, I personally felt promotion was extremely possible.

In the end, in reality only the signing of Field was a positive.

Fingers crossed this time....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024