Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM 17:39 - Sep 14 with 7834 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Gary O'Neil for me. Never stopped running. Good passes, one fantastic tackle, did well down the right. Great game.
SWP also added a bit of spark when he came on

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

MOTM on 17:49 - Sep 14 with 6734 viewsCharlie1

Plenty of sixes and sevens today at best.

Austin works so hard and finally off the mark.

Must say, other than two first half chances, thought Dunne was strong. Nedum solid but can improve if attacks the space when on the ball.

O'neill kept coming inside during the first half but second half was instrumental. Not really sure if anyone is mom today.
Happy days.

2:59 baby!

MOTM on 17:50 - Sep 14 with 6726 viewsQPR_Nippon

His work rate in the second half especially was phenomenal. Not MOM though for me. I'd give it to Dunne. Ned also good again. Barton gifted them their best chance in the first half but was outstanding in the 2nd and deserved a goal from either his audacious bicycle kick or superb injury time free kick. Quality deliveries into the box again.
Negatives - BZ. Feel sorry for him really. Just not up to it anymore.
Carroll, nervy debut and easily outmuscled in midfield. Was better in the 2nd when we went to 5 in midfield. Hope he gets a chance from fans and good reception when he was substituted suggests he will. Would definitely play Henry ahead of him for away matches though.
Phillips - needs minutes. 60 today will have done him good.
MOTM on 17:52 - Sep 14 with 6715 viewsJonDoeman

Charlie Austin .

It Is What It Is !!

MOTM on 17:56 - Sep 14 with 6690 viewsQPR_Nippon

MOTM on 17:49 - Sep 14 by Charlie1

Plenty of sixes and sevens today at best.

Austin works so hard and finally off the mark.

Must say, other than two first half chances, thought Dunne was strong. Nedum solid but can improve if attacks the space when on the ball.

O'neill kept coming inside during the first half but second half was instrumental. Not really sure if anyone is mom today.
Happy days.

Yeah, should have mentioned Austin too. Really impressed with his work rate and thoroughly deserved his goal.
MOTM on 18:06 - Sep 14 with 6642 viewsN12Hoop

The view from the Brummie commentators:
1. They thought Dunne's real name was "Dunne gives the ball away" and that he was slow and useless.
2. I think they accused Austin of cheating.
3. Everyone else was slow and there was no desire
4. Nedum takes 5 touches to control the ball and then gives it away.
5. Barton should have been red carded.

They gave the impression that we were dreadful which made the victory all the sweeter.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

MOTM on 18:18 - Sep 14 with 6584 viewsAgedR

Don't forget Simpson. Nothing down his wing. Not Karl Walker, more Orr 'delux'

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

MOTM on 18:25 - Sep 14 with 6552 viewsQPR_Nippon

MOTM on 18:06 - Sep 14 by N12Hoop

1. They thought Dunne's real name was "Dunne gives the ball away" and that he was slow and useless.

They gave the impression that we were dreadful which made the victory all the sweeter.

Wow, wrong on all 5 counts!
MOTM on 18:28 - Sep 14 with 6531 viewskysersosaqpr

Dunne, just always cool and got time. Never panicky and seems one thought ahead.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Login to get fewer ads

MOTM on 18:52 - Sep 14 with 6450 viewsHollowayRanger

dunne for me

also
green great command of area
simpson tidy
onouha strong
barton yes carded but had little help when tacking in midfield
phillips looked strong just needs some matches
swp come on made a difference
austin sniffers goal and tons of effort

worst
zamorra dont feel sorry he's paid well enough and isnt doing anything
hoilett unlucky ? or injury prone?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

MOTM on 18:53 - Sep 14 with 6443 viewsbaz_qpr

Dunne or Oneil for me.

1st half was a car crash, Carroll is not a CM in a 4-4-2 in a million years, think it was a mistake giving him the 10 and the pressure that goes with that, can only get better but certainly did not look an upgrade on Faurlin or even Jenas. felt sorry for Zamora in the end he needs to be pulled out of things for a while. 2nd half formation changed helped. Little underwhelmed with Phillips as well but as they say winning and not playing well is a good sign. Please for Austin
MOTM on 18:55 - Sep 14 with 6434 viewseghamranger

Thought SWP made a massive difference and gave us width.

He must be bloody sore too as he was generally kicked around the pitch for 45 mins.

Need to do better on wed.
MOTM on 18:57 - Sep 14 with 6425 viewsbaz_qpr

MOTM on 18:52 - Sep 14 by HollowayRanger

dunne for me

also
green great command of area
simpson tidy
onouha strong
barton yes carded but had little help when tacking in midfield
phillips looked strong just needs some matches
swp come on made a difference
austin sniffers goal and tons of effort

worst
zamorra dont feel sorry he's paid well enough and isnt doing anything
hoilett unlucky ? or injury prone?

As bad as Zamora was first half and he was pretty badI actually thought Carroll was worse, not the done thing to say about a young promising kid though. Lets hope it was just nerves
MOTM on 19:21 - Sep 14 with 6369 viewsted_hendrix

MOTM on 18:57 - Sep 14 by baz_qpr

As bad as Zamora was first half and he was pretty badI actually thought Carroll was worse, not the done thing to say about a young promising kid though. Lets hope it was just nerves

I thought Carroll improved a lot in the second half.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

MOTM on 19:28 - Sep 14 with 6338 viewsEalingHoop81

Odd one as most of the team were fairly decent but very few stand out performances. Would probably give it to Austin as his work rate is superb as was in the right place at the right time.

What really worried me was the formation and team sheet from the start. Henry may not be everyone's cup of tea but he has done all of the dirty bits very well, tackling and passing the ball on. Including Carroll in a 442 means Barton had to do this. If Carroll is going to play it must be in a midfield 5 and let him lik up with Austin. That would explain how AJ was being allowed to go to Palace. Zamora wasn't terrible but tr move to a 5 was exactly the right move and led directly to Barton improving measurably in the alsecond half and O'neil playin better on the right of the three instead of cutting in from the right.

I expect us to play 5 accross the midfield going forward ad only play 442 when AJ is fit to play and probably only at home.!
MOTM on 19:28 - Sep 14 with 6336 viewsMonkey

Dunne for me. Always in control and that bit in the second half when he flicked the ball over the attackers head was my favourite moment in the game apart from the goal of course.
MOTM on 20:01 - Sep 14 with 6248 viewsjonno

MOTM on 19:21 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

He only improved because we went with three in centre midfield with O'Neil there as well.
That kid is never strong enough to play centre mid in a 442 at our level - if they continue to play him there in that setup it's going to cost us a lot of points. Really can't see that he's an improvement on what Faurlin can give us - quite the opposite in fact. We were shocking in the first half and something had to be done, we were lucky not to be two down. How can Zamora be expected to play football at this level when he can't even walk without a limp?
I would say Barton was MOM - in the first half he was doing the job of the whole midfield.
MOTM on 20:01 - Sep 14 with 6245 viewsbaz_qpr

MOTM on 19:21 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

He was certainly better but so is Ale Faurlin in a 4-2-3-1 especially if you have Gary Oneil buzzing around in front of you. I really want the kid to do well and be this amazing playmaker but he was rank today, as was his passing and he really needs to step it up for Brighton if he wants to be first choice
MOTM on 20:21 - Sep 14 with 6189 viewsstevec

MOTM on 20:01 - Sep 14 by jonno

He only improved because we went with three in centre midfield with O'Neil there as well.
That kid is never strong enough to play centre mid in a 442 at our level - if they continue to play him there in that setup it's going to cost us a lot of points. Really can't see that he's an improvement on what Faurlin can give us - quite the opposite in fact. We were shocking in the first half and something had to be done, we were lucky not to be two down. How can Zamora be expected to play football at this level when he can't even walk without a limp?
I would say Barton was MOM - in the first half he was doing the job of the whole midfield.

Agree with all this. The link on here last week regards Carrolls time at Derby was worryingly accurate.

Barton was superb but vastly overworked. Think Henry needs to be back against Brighton.
MOTM on 20:22 - Sep 14 with 6182 viewsdaveB

I thought Dunne, Austin and Onoura were all very good today.

Very odd game, we were crap for 90% of it but never looked like getting beat
MOTM on 20:24 - Sep 14 with 6170 viewsAntti_Heinola

O'Neil MOTM for me - worked incredibly hard - a proper box to box midfielder, who was putting in challenges all over the pitch. Really good - especially at getting up to support Austin.

Agree with the consensus re: Carroll. I'm not sure this is the league for him, but he'll get some time. But unless you have a monster like Vieira next to him, he can't play in a 4-4-2 as said above.

Bare bones.

MOTM on 21:24 - Sep 14 with 6031 viewsdodge_stoke_r

MOTM on 18:06 - Sep 14 by N12Hoop

For my money I thought it looked like two poor teams. First half in particular. Very laboured and neither team offering much in the way of goal action. Thought we looked more " livelier" with SWP on the pitch ( tin hat donned ). Back four looked pretty solid but the boy Carrol, well allthough very early days, I just didnt see he offered that either Faulin or Henry dont already do. Reat start on paper but we have played some shite teams so far and only managed to scrape some scrappy 1-0. I may be being pick although the defence are keeping it tight at the back, I feel we need :
A) A bit more style to our play
B) More goals
[Post edited 14 Sep 2013 21:37]
MOTM on 21:34 - Sep 14 with 5996 viewsted_hendrix

MOTM on 20:01 - Sep 14 by jonno

O.K. but I think you're being a bit harsh on the bloke, all of us at half time were saying we should and could have been probably 2-0 down.
As for Carroll like I said I thought he improved in the second half be that down to the formation or not, I'll give it and him a while before I make a judgement he's only spent 80 odd minutes on the pitch for us.
All I've heard from Tottenham fans is good things about him so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Still unbeaten in the league, equal top of the league, yet another clean sheet, and to be honest you'll always get games like today, thing is for me we've won another game and that we probably didn't deserve to, that smells like success to me.
Beats the hell out of what we as fans have been through.
Cant wait to see Krancjar playing for us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

MOTM on 21:56 - Sep 14 with 5950 viewsHollowayRanger

MOTM on 18:57 - Sep 14 by baz_qpr

i didnt have a pop at the kid bit lightweight but good on the ball and will get better with games ,loved the way just before he was subbed our attack broke down and dunne was dragged out wide by thier player and looked totally beated only for carroll to get back and cover and clear

can think of a few who didnt do that last season

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

MOTM on 21:57 - Sep 14 with 5946 viewsBklynRanger

Call us vastly experienced, almost clairvoyant listeners if you want, but Cheeseydane and I both wanted Zamora swapped for another midfielder at H/T with Carroll moved to an AM role.

And it's hard to believe that HR doesn't see him that way if he gave him the No. 10 shirt, unless he honestly just did it to make him feel good, which would be a bit of an insult to that particular number..

Either way I won't criticize him today - first game, odd choice of starting position, he's got plenty of opportunities ahead of him to be a hero.
MOTM on 22:14 - Sep 14 with 5901 viewsYorkRanger

MOTM on 21:34 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

O.K. but I think you're being a bit harsh on the bloke, all of us at half time were saying we should and could have been probably 2-0 down.
As for Carroll like I said I thought he improved in the second half be that down to the formation or not, I'll give it and him a while before I make a judgement he's only spent 80 odd minutes on the pitch for us.
All I've heard from Tottenham fans is good things about him so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Still unbeaten in the league, equal top of the league, yet another clean sheet, and to be honest you'll always get games like today, thing is for me we've won another game and that we probably didn't deserve to, that smells like success to me.
Beats the hell out of what we as fans have been through.
Cant wait to see Krancjar playing for us.

Good post Ted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024