Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is The Bushranger 01:03 - Oct 4 with 6211 viewsBoston

...called The Bushranger, again?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Is The Bushranger on 01:10 - Oct 4 with 3563 viewsNorthernr

No it's a costa coffee, and the upstairs bar is now flats none of us can ever hope to afford, populated by people who never go to the pub - hence all the other pubs have either closed or become a cnt pit like the Defectors Weld or the Pocket Watch.
Is The Bushranger on 01:25 - Oct 4 with 3555 viewsBoston

Is The Bushranger on 01:10 - Oct 4 by Northernr

No it's a costa coffee, and the upstairs bar is now flats none of us can ever hope to afford, populated by people who never go to the pub - hence all the other pubs have either closed or become a cnt pit like the Defectors Weld or the Pocket Watch.

Can this be classified as a racist comment?

Is The Bushranger on 01:28 - Oct 4 with 3548 viewsNorthernr

Is The Bushranger on 01:25 - Oct 4 by Boston

We live in a world where you be accused of stealing a photograph taken by a photographer you hired - classify it how you like.
Is The Bushranger on 01:28 - Oct 4 with 3548 viewsBoston

Couldn't resist. Thanks for the info, I was reading some old pub chatter and it seemed someone was trying to open a premises reusing the name (which I like). Hadn't walked by for a few years and forgotten they'd redeveloped.

Is The Bushranger on 01:35 - Oct 4 with 3543 viewsmacclesfieldman

Of all the bars I've drank in over the past 41 years the BushRanger was my fave.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Is The Bushranger on 03:57 - Oct 4 with 3504 viewsFredManRave

Is The Bushranger on 01:35 - Oct 4 by macclesfieldman

Of all the bars I've drank in over the past 41 years the BushRanger was my fave.

I can't believe you've never drunk in the White Horse!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is The Bushranger on 06:27 - Oct 4 with 3454 viewsmacclesfieldman

I have drank in the White Horse, didn't really like it.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Is The Bushranger on 07:05 - Oct 4 with 3414 viewsLadbrokeR

This gentrification of pubs is common place. It's happened to the Adelaide , the Princess Victoria and the Defectors Weld. This always confuses me what would people see as a traditional pub. Do people think that the Green is traditional or the White Horse.
Login to get fewer ads

Is The Bushranger on 07:36 - Oct 4 with 3369 viewsthorpebankR

As a former resident of Thorpebank Road for 30 years I can confirm the pubs apart from a few are dead. My Saturday morning used to be Adelaide cafe then the British Queen at 1100 to read up on the days racing before the footy. Only me and Stan at that time of the morning sometimes. Happy days
Is The Bushranger on 08:13 - Oct 4 with 3322 viewsNorthernr

Is The Bushranger on 07:05 - Oct 4 by LadbrokeR

This gentrification of pubs is common place. It's happened to the Adelaide , the Princess Victoria and the Defectors Weld. This always confuses me what would people see as a traditional pub. Do people think that the Green is traditional or the White Horse.

If you're allowed to stand at a busy bar with people waiting to be served asking if you can try little sips of various ales to decide which one you like best before ordering than it's not a traditional pub - traditionally the bloke behind the bar would tell you to stop taking the pis and get on with it.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is The Bushranger on 08:45 - Oct 4 with 3265 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I like the Richmond. Hasn't changed much in the 22/3 years I've been frequenting it.
I was in the Grand Union (Carlton bridge to you Woody'S frequenters) pub the other Sunday. It was busy one barmaid and some tosser ordered 4 coffees from a machine that takes ages. I walked out and went to the station by Westbourne Park. Served straight away camden pale on draught. Marvelous
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 8:46]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Is The Bushranger on 09:05 - Oct 4 with 3223 viewsToast_R

Still some great pubs on the Putney bridge side of Fulham. Lucky bastards.
Is The Bushranger on 09:37 - Oct 4 with 3176 viewsnadera78

Is The Bushranger on 08:13 - Oct 4 by Northernr

If you're allowed to stand at a busy bar with people waiting to be served asking if you can try little sips of various ales to decide which one you like best before ordering than it's not a traditional pub - traditionally the bloke behind the bar would tell you to stop taking the pis and get on with it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You go into some pubs now and not have a clue what beer they've got on. You stand there looking at a choice between a pint of Badger's Cock or Hen's Vag. There's no reference point, nothing to compare it to, just a cartoon label. You end up buying a something as foul as tramps piss or so dry it sucks all the moisture out of your body.

Just give me a pint of Pride ffs.
Is The Bushranger on 09:42 - Oct 4 with 3164 viewsstevec

Is The Bushranger on 09:05 - Oct 4 by Toast_R

Still some great pubs on the Putney bridge side of Fulham. Lucky bastards.

There are. By and large, seems most of the old traditional pubs have only survived in areas where the clientele have generally known how to behave themselves.

Loads of good pubs have closed but, thinking back, most of them were renowned for bundles at closing time and don't think owners need to be so accepting any more. Seemed like every Friday or Saturday night out wasn't complete without the local Constabulary bursting through the joint.

Given the choice of the police all over you for the latest bout of aggro or closing down and building lucrative flats, its a bit on a no brainer.
Is The Bushranger on 09:46 - Oct 4 with 3145 viewsMick_S

Is The Bushranger on 09:37 - Oct 4 by nadera78

You go into some pubs now and not have a clue what beer they've got on. You stand there looking at a choice between a pint of Badger's Cock or Hen's Vag. There's no reference point, nothing to compare it to, just a cartoon label. You end up buying a something as foul as tramps piss or so dry it sucks all the moisture out of your body.

I asked my wife to get me a "Nobby's Nuts" and she asked me why I wasn't drinking.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Is The Bushranger on 10:03 - Oct 4 with 3090 viewszicoshoops

Years ago, a few of us walked into the Conni one evening, outside it was lashing down.
Got the beers and Margaret said to us........
'You may wanna sit at a different table tonight lads, as it's raining on your table over by the corner.'
And we looked over, and it was.....raining inside the Pub.

Loved the old West Indian fella that used to get in there....big into his Racing.
Standing knees bent watching the racing on the TV, 'riding' his horse home, while Ras Clarting all the other horses off at the top of his voice......and no one taking a blind bit of notice.

Gastro Pubs?

What's going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Is The Bushranger on 10:09 - Oct 4 with 3071 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is The Bushranger on 09:37 - Oct 4 by nadera78

I like that, though. I try to never have the same beer twice in pubs if i can.
Never been a big fan of Pride - some of Fuller's is really good, but never rated the Pride. Give me a Spitfire any day. Pride better than Young's though.

Bare bones.

Is The Bushranger on 10:17 - Oct 4 with 3052 viewsMick_S

Is The Bushranger on 10:09 - Oct 4 by Antti_Heinola

Never been a big fan of Pride - some of Fuller's is really good, but never rated the Pride. Give me a Spitfire any day. Pride better than Young's though.

Yeah, but what about Nobby's Nuts? Eh!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Is The Bushranger on 10:22 - Oct 4 with 3034 viewsJuzzie

Is The Bushranger on 01:25 - Oct 4 by Boston

I didn't realise being a cnt was classed as a race.

Mind you, the amount I come across, maybe it should be.
Is The Bushranger on 10:26 - Oct 4 with 3019 viewsKonk

Is The Bushranger on 10:09 - Oct 4 by Antti_Heinola

Exactly — rolling up in any pub/bar in the world and having the same lager is to completely miss out on the unexpected joy of discovering some amazing beer brewed a couple of miles away from the pub and unavailable outside the area. Amongst many great finds, I will never forget my first pint of Barnsley Bitter from the Acorn Brewery or Highwire from Magic Rock — neither of which I’d ever heard of before trying, but both of which made me want to weep with joy. If you’re going to be shelling out anything up to £5.50 for a pint, it makes sense to try it first. And as for proper pubs not following the practice, the first pub I ever saw it happen in was a rough old boozer in Chesterfield in about 1993 where the landlord was only too happy to talk punters through the beers on tap.

We drank in the Bushranger when we played at LR for two seasons. The first few pints were always retchingly bad as we were always in there for 11am and I don't think they were too fussed about their beer, but I thought it was a great pub for the football. Had a lot of great sessions in there. Terrible what they did to it.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Is The Bushranger on 11:09 - Oct 4 with 2973 viewssimmo

Nice people want nice pubs where they can have camembert and a bottle of wine and a nice sit down in an innofensive environment. That used to be country pubs out in the sticks or by the river, now it's in pubs in central london where people that want to get drunk and watch sport are looked at like an inconvenience.

Then you have pubs where they serve food on blocks of splintered wood and give you a pint of beer that's been strained through a dirty beard and the well off young people think it's cool and edgy because they're enjoying all this trendy stuff in a deprived area.

All of this annoys me far more than it should.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is The Bushranger on 11:20 - Oct 4 with 2940 viewshopphoops

There used to be a pub on the left about 200 yards up Shepherds Bush Road from Hammersmith, I only went in once in the 90s and the only other punters were an elderly gentleman and an elderly lady giving the gentleman a hand job under the table. I guess they've come and gone by now, as it were, but what of the pub?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Is The Bushranger on 11:28 - Oct 4 with 2919 viewsozexile

Is The Bushranger on 11:20 - Oct 4 by hopphoops

There used to be a pub on the left about 200 yards up Shepherds Bush Road from Hammersmith, I only went in once in the 90s and the only other punters were an elderly gentleman and an elderly lady giving the gentleman a hand job under the table. I guess they've come and gone by now, as it were, but what of the pub?

Was it the pub you use to nip in for a swift one when you were queuing for the Palais?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:29]
Is The Bushranger on 11:40 - Oct 4 with 2894 viewshopphoops

Is The Bushranger on 11:28 - Oct 4 by ozexile

Was it the pub you use to nip in for a swift one when you were queuing for the Palais?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:29]

Exactly! Looks like its been scrubbed up and the Palais is now a gym
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4941705,-0.2239588,3a,75y,258.55h,94.62t/data=!3

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Is The Bushranger on 11:45 - Oct 4 with 2881 viewsjohncharles

Gastro pubs. Is that where prices give you gastroenteritis ?
Or give the shits as we say in the proper pubs. The Defectors Weld, what a poncy place that is. The bar staff decide who they will honour with their service. And when.
The Green is okay. Loud and packed on match days but packed with people who are actually going to the match.
The Pocket Watch ? Never been but it sounds like somewhere you'd take the kids on the to Westfields.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:54]

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024