Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin coming back? 11:11 - Aug 15 with 8983 viewsrichranger

Possible - but unlikely, say the 'sub' Standard

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/romelu-lukaku-to-chelsea-antonio-conte-
Charlie Austin coming back? on 11:14 - Aug 15 with 4650 viewsMaggsinho

Was just going to post this, sounds like nonsense to me but I guess you never know, would he want to uproot himself and his family to Liverpool to Everton?

If he's allowed to leave on loan I would guess there would be plenty of Prem clubs in the South, eg Bournemouth, West Ham, Palace, Watford etc who would be interested.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 11:14 - Aug 15 with 4633 viewsAntti_Heinola

no chance, and would be the wrong move for us anyway.

Bare bones.

Charlie Austin coming back? on 11:32 - Aug 15 with 4529 viewscaliforniahoop

Agreed
Charlie Austin coming back? on 11:40 - Aug 15 with 4480 viewseghamranger

Sounds rubbish and also Southampton aren't flush with strikers as mane and pelle left. The main reason he went there was that he didn't have to move house etc.

I bet he we would like to come back but we couldn't afford him now!!
Charlie Austin coming back? on 11:49 - Aug 15 with 4421 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Wouldnt want him back. We've finally become a team, and having him back would just make us become the 'Austin show' again, and would destroy the confidence of all the other attackers

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Charlie Austin coming back? on 12:01 - Aug 15 with 4361 viewsrunningman75

Austin scored goals for a poor Premier League team (QPR). He was on the bench for Southampton but would be a good career move to Everton if Koeman is interested. I rate Koeman and spoke to Arsenal supporting friends who wanted them to go for him and get rid of Wenger.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 12:02 - Aug 15 with 4352 viewswombat

Charlie Austin coming back? on 11:40 - Aug 15 by eghamranger

Sounds rubbish and also Southampton aren't flush with strikers as mane and pelle left. The main reason he went there was that he didn't have to move house etc.

he funnily moved down that way a few weeks ago i belive

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Charlie Austin coming back? on 12:06 - Aug 15 with 4315 viewsPinnerPaul

They played Redmond (not a natural striker) at the weekend ahead of him - that's not going to make you feel very valued - so no surprise at all to see him move on.

Can't believe anyone STILL thinks he will go to West Ham after what the Chairman said about him last year!
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin coming back? on 12:19 - Aug 15 with 4231 viewsrsonist

Whole thing seems like complete rubbish to me. He's not out of favour at all - been injured for a start and Southampton were always going to be more flexible about their forward line than we were.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 12:23 - Aug 15 with 4197 viewsNorthernr

He'd get a Prem move if he did leave I reckon, really think this is pie in the sky.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 12:33 - Aug 15 with 4119 viewspaulparker

no thanks , was great for us but we have both moved on
if he moves it will be to either, Wolves, Newcastle or Villa

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Charlie Austin coming back? on 12:39 - Aug 15 with 4076 viewscyprusmel

In the light of reducing our wage bill, I think that it would be unlikely for Charlie to return even on loan.
The wages he must be on now at Southampton are not the wages our board would sanction in my opinion.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:45 - Aug 15 with 4041 viewsBrightonhoop

JFH has got a really good unit going and I cant see him risking his hard work for a 'star' player. For me Austin should be fighting for his place at Southampton or prove himself at Everton.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2016 16:05]
Charlie Austin coming back? on 14:34 - Aug 15 with 3685 viewsloftboy

I deliver to his house in Wokingham,or.rather I did as its now empty and up for.sale

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charlie Austin coming back? on 14:38 - Aug 15 with 3649 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie Austin coming back? on 12:23 - Aug 15 by Northernr

He'd get a Prem move if he did leave I reckon, really think this is pie in the sky.

Probable, but you know how "current" the player market is.

In football terms a long time since he has done anytihng at that level, plus he has an extensive recent injury record.

7/1 against him coming back to us I reckon, so unlikely but not a shock of Leicester City proportions I don't think.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 3611 viewsbosh67

I think he will stay at Southampton.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Austin coming back? on 15:35 - Aug 15 with 3470 viewsstrikerace

I'd take him back with open arms. Having a proven PL goal scorer upfront would give us the push we need to move back to the PL. Plus he was very well liked here.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 15:52 - Aug 15 with 3394 viewsrobith

Why would he come back here after some of the grief he got from some of our "fans" towards the end of his time here?
Charlie Austin coming back? on 16:02 - Aug 15 with 3350 viewsLongsufferingR

Charlie Austin coming back? on 15:35 - Aug 15 by strikerace

I'd take him back with open arms. Having a proven PL goal scorer upfront would give us the push we need to move back to the PL. Plus he was very well liked here.

.....and also provide a huge smack in the teeth for our current first choice striker who has worked so hard to get the fans onside and upset opposition defences. Completely the wrong move atm.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 16:50 - Aug 15 with 3207 viewsNW10Hoop

Charlie Austin coming back? on 16:02 - Aug 15 by LongsufferingR

.....and also provide a huge smack in the teeth for our current first choice striker who has worked so hard to get the fans onside and upset opposition defences. Completely the wrong move atm.

But there's been chat about the club wanting another striker anyways, and you'd hope that whoever they'd be looking at would be there to challenge for a starting place? The fact that Charlie Austin would challenge for a starting position is a good thing surely.

I don't think it would happen, but my point remains - IF we are looking for another striker, it's not as a back up to Polter, it'd be to give him some competition right?
Charlie Austin coming back? on 16:55 - Aug 15 with 3189 viewsLongsufferingR

Charlie Austin coming back? on 16:50 - Aug 15 by NW10Hoop

But there's been chat about the club wanting another striker anyways, and you'd hope that whoever they'd be looking at would be there to challenge for a starting place? The fact that Charlie Austin would challenge for a starting position is a good thing surely.

I don't think it would happen, but my point remains - IF we are looking for another striker, it's not as a back up to Polter, it'd be to give him some competition right?

If we are looking for a striker to provide Polter with competition, there's not a chance that Austin would want to be that man. He has every right to walk into a starting position with any mid to lower PL side, never mind one in the Championship.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 17:01 - Aug 15 with 3155 viewsNW10Hoop

Charlie Austin coming back? on 16:55 - Aug 15 by LongsufferingR

If we are looking for a striker to provide Polter with competition, there's not a chance that Austin would want to be that man. He has every right to walk into a starting position with any mid to lower PL side, never mind one in the Championship.

I agree he's a Premier League standard player, and it's unrealistic to think we'll see him back here anytime soon. But being linked with players like Bamford is exactly the same - a player who will keep Polter, or Washington or both out of the side.

Yes it'd be harsh on Polter, but if JFH is looking to strengthen the front line, it's because he thinks we're light in that position and/or he thinks it needs improving
Charlie Austin coming back? on 17:31 - Aug 15 with 3045 viewssimmo

It's unlikely anyway and as much as he's amazing, I think we're doing things differently now and that means the likes of Austin are in the past. Get the next Austin before he cost £4m+, fine, but not the premier league quality version that would cost big money and instantly displace the likes of Polter who deserve to keep the shirt.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charlie Austin coming back? on 17:37 - Aug 15 with 3023 viewsBerkoRanger

Charlie Austin coming back? on 11:14 - Aug 15 by Antti_Heinola

no chance, and would be the wrong move for us anyway.

Totally agree with you Antti and would give the wrong message to Polter.
Charlie Austin coming back? on 19:40 - Aug 15 with 2762 viewsitsbiga

Charlie Austin coming back? on 11:49 - Aug 15 by RANGERS4EVER

Wouldnt want him back. We've finally become a team, and having him back would just make us become the 'Austin show' again, and would destroy the confidence of all the other attackers

Totally agree. Although Austin was great he reminds me of one of the worst time periods of our clubs history.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024