Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robinson 21:47 - Sep 12 with 4301 viewsLblock

A walking disaster zone

Never part of 3 CB's

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Robinson on 21:50 - Sep 12 with 3217 viewsdanehoop

That's strange, because on Saturday he was very good.

Never knowingly understood

Robinson on 21:52 - Sep 12 with 3187 viewsDorse

I have just copyrighted 'WDZ', LBlock.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Robinson on 22:25 - Sep 12 with 2896 viewsFDC

He looked like he struggled tonight that's for sure. But let's give him a chance, not an easy game for him against that opposition who got right in the back three's faces and with those conditions.

To his credit he didn't hide. Any his cross field balls to Wszolek in the first half were very good.
Robinson on 22:32 - Sep 12 with 2835 viewsVancouverHoop

Unfair to dig out any of the defenders tonight I think, especially second half. I really hope Ned isn't seriously injured, we'll be USCWAP if he is.
Robinson on 22:35 - Sep 12 with 2793 viewsFDC

Robinson on 22:32 - Sep 12 by VancouverHoop

Unfair to dig out any of the defenders tonight I think, especially second half. I really hope Ned isn't seriously injured, we'll be USCWAP if he is.

Was he injured? Assumed it was concern over his yellow card combined with wanting to add guns up front ?
Robinson on 22:41 - Sep 12 with 2741 viewsVancouverHoop

Robinson on 22:35 - Sep 12 by FDC

Was he injured? Assumed it was concern over his yellow card combined with wanting to add guns up front ?

Dunno yet. It seems a bit strange if so, even given the yellow card. Captain and most experienced CB and club player in the team
Robinson on 22:43 - Sep 12 with 2718 views1MoreBrightonR

Think calling him out is very harsh. Thought he was ok in a very make shift defense that was a bit all over the place in general all night .
Robinson on 22:54 - Sep 12 with 2623 viewsLblock

Robinson on 21:50 - Sep 12 by danehoop

That's strange, because on Saturday he was very good.

I actually thought he was quite weak on Saturday as well, especially in the air

I'd have to say I think it's the equivalent of Ned playing RB. It's a shame injury has robbed him of two seasons and probably robbed us of a fantastic LB. The extremely few and rare occasions I've seen him there he's looked good.

He scared the bee jaysus out of me and I had him at fault for both goals. I've given him the ultimate insult in discussion with friends calling him Bob Malcomesk in patches

Hope he gets his nut down and gets back to levels I feel he's capable of. I'd be swapping him with Bidwell positionally myself

Onto Boro then... glad Adama Traore sent off tonight and fingers crossed he misses Saturday

Login to get fewer ads

Robinson on 23:01 - Sep 12 with 2537 viewsEsox_Lucius

Robinson on 22:54 - Sep 12 by Lblock

I actually thought he was quite weak on Saturday as well, especially in the air

I'd have to say I think it's the equivalent of Ned playing RB. It's a shame injury has robbed him of two seasons and probably robbed us of a fantastic LB. The extremely few and rare occasions I've seen him there he's looked good.

He scared the bee jaysus out of me and I had him at fault for both goals. I've given him the ultimate insult in discussion with friends calling him Bob Malcomesk in patches

Hope he gets his nut down and gets back to levels I feel he's capable of. I'd be swapping him with Bidwell positionally myself

Onto Boro then... glad Adama Traore sent off tonight and fingers crossed he misses Saturday

I think you'll find that Freeman must shoulder the blame for their first goal. If that had been Chief the pixels on here would have been alight. WTF was he trying to do with the ball?

The grass is always greener.

Robinson on 23:04 - Sep 12 with 2499 viewssmegma

Pulled his hamstring so was taken off as a precaution.
Robinson on 23:07 - Sep 12 with 2472 viewsbosh67

I thought Robinson did okay. Very tough test against such a physical big team. Hard for him and Baptiste second half because you could tell they hadn't really trained for that scenario, which is why the second goal was such a disaster because neither went with the chip and run. But Robinson's stamina is improving, he is getting stronger and looks like he may finally be injury free.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Robinson on 23:08 - Sep 12 with 2473 viewsLblock

Robinson on 23:01 - Sep 12 by Esox_Lucius

I think you'll find that Freeman must shoulder the blame for their first goal. If that had been Chief the pixels on here would have been alight. WTF was he trying to do with the ball?

Disagree... before ball went out there Robinson was at fault with more pussy defending to invite pressure on.

I've not got it in for the fella. It's just tonight he was stand out poor

Hoping Boro's Traore ban kicks in immediately so he's not marauding down the right

Robinson on 23:09 - Sep 12 with 2468 viewsstevec

A blessed relief when Gregory got sent off, him and Morrison were taking the pis s.

If Robinson keeps his place expect aerial bombardments week after week.
Robinson on 23:09 - Sep 12 with 2463 viewsWadR

Thought he was a little over-praised for Saturday. While it was great to see him get through 90 minutes and he deserves plaudits for manfully playing in an unfamiliar role, he struggled a bit - as he did tonight.

I think he's too quick to come out of the defensive line to pressure the ball - and although I haven't seen it back, I thought he was at fault in the build up to their second. He needs to work on when to press and when to keep the defensive shape.

Yes he struggled in the air today against Morison, but so will experienced natural CBs at this level - he's an absolute bastard to play against. And it helped, especially when recycling play in that second half, to have someone at CB who is a decent passer.
Robinson on 23:10 - Sep 12 with 2456 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A Liverpool fan who I brought along tonight said Robinson is the youngest player to play for Liverpool. No idea if that's true.

I didn't think he did that badly tonight LBlock, he was a mess as much as any of them. He didn't shirk BAE style when played out of position.
Robinson on 23:11 - Sep 12 with 2443 viewsNorthernr

Typical over the top reaction to nothing very much at all.
Robinson on 23:14 - Sep 12 with 2419 viewsLblock

Robinson on 23:10 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

A Liverpool fan who I brought along tonight said Robinson is the youngest player to play for Liverpool. No idea if that's true.

I didn't think he did that badly tonight LBlock, he was a mess as much as any of them. He didn't shirk BAE style when played out of position.

You've always been a fan of anyone on the left though!!!

There's a good player in there. I'm just miles away from thinking it's at the left hand side of a 3 CB set up

Two 90 minutes in 7 days is a huge plus for him though. Fingers crossed he kicks on

Robinson on 23:14 - Sep 12 with 2413 viewsWatford_Ranger

It would have caused fewer problems to put Baptiste in the middle and Robinson at RB. Morison, who was superb, had him on toast from minute one. Getting away with him at left of three defenders is one thing. In the middle of a back four is another.
Robinson on 23:18 - Sep 12 with 2377 viewssmegma

Robinson on 23:10 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

According to Wikipedia it's true.
Robinson on 23:20 - Sep 12 with 2359 viewsGuppy22

I thought he did ok, what that game needed was Clint Hill, he would have been perfect against Morrison
Robinson on 23:23 - Sep 12 with 2330 viewsdachiltern

Was I at the same game tonight, forrget 1st half, team as a whole struggled but 2nd half thrown into the middle and against a very experienced player in Morrison I would find it hard to to fault him. Well done Mr Robinson.
Robinson on 23:25 - Sep 12 with 2320 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Robinson on 23:14 - Sep 12 by Lblock

You've always been a fan of anyone on the left though!!!

There's a good player in there. I'm just miles away from thinking it's at the left hand side of a 3 CB set up

Two 90 minutes in 7 days is a huge plus for him though. Fingers crossed he kicks on

Including you LBlock my Labour sponsoring chum : )

No one is going pick him there out of choice but can't really think of any other combination.

Bidwell played there a couple of time last season and looked no better. A selection of necessity rather than choice I think .
Robinson on 23:37 - Sep 12 with 2249 viewsstevec

Robinson on 23:11 - Sep 12 by Northernr

Typical over the top reaction to nothing very much at all.

Hmm, it was his reaction to over the top that nearly left us with nothing very much at all.
Robinson on 23:53 - Sep 12 with 2170 viewswestberksr

Whilst not brilliant, I didn't think he was that bad.

Playing out of position and having to learn it as he goes, against an absolute b'stard in the form of Morrison. He was never going to win the physical dual but he stuck to the job and had a pretty good go.

Can think of others that didn't exactly cover themselves in glory and IMHO were worse.

And he can pass the ball, which makes a change for one of our defenders.
Robinson on 00:06 - Sep 13 with 2115 viewsjoolsyp

Decent prospect at this level struggling to find his form a little after a serious injury. A few heart in mouth moments tonight due to lack of match sharpness. Huge plus that he has got through 2x90 mins in 72 hours. Will get stronger and fitter as the season progresses and as someone else said, never shirks a challenge. A million miles from BAE, Chimbonda, Boswanker et. al. Please FFS don't get on his back - support him and help build his confidence.

But yes, prefer him at LB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024