Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR is going to killl football as we know it 21:50 - Mar 27 with 1991 viewsloftboy

Absolute bollocks, hasn’t removed any controversy at all.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 21:56 - Mar 27 with 1974 viewsToast_R

Looked a foul to me...
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 21:56 - Mar 27 with 1971 viewsStanisgod

Now reversing correct decisions. Brilliant. Fancy giving a German ref a chance like that

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:00 - Mar 27 with 1957 viewsMancR

What you about ,that's a foul and a pen. No controversy at all.
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:01 - Mar 27 with 1950 viewsBoston

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 21:56 - Mar 27 by Stanisgod

Now reversing correct decisions. Brilliant. Fancy giving a German ref a chance like that

Dunno, replay said penalty to me, well said it wasn’t a rotten call anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:04 - Mar 27 with 1926 views2Thomas2Bowles

100% pen

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:07 - Mar 27 with 1921 viewsStanisgod

Nah sorry, he'd already lost the ball, ball hit his left foot first then his right, was gone when he had his foot trod on. Typical Italian.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:09 - Mar 27 with 1910 viewsozexile

If the ref says no penalty who decides whether or not it goes to var?
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:11 - Mar 27 with 1903 viewsLblock

You’d of reffed the Chiswick & District Prem from your armchair if it’d been about in your day Loftboy!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:23 - Mar 27 with 1856 viewsizlingtonhoop

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:07 - Mar 27 by Stanisgod

Nah sorry, he'd already lost the ball, ball hit his left foot first then his right, was gone when he had his foot trod on. Typical Italian.

Absolutely.
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:26 - Mar 27 with 1845 viewsDeepcutHoop

I thought it was arguably a pen, I'd have been calling for it at the other end.
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:28 - Mar 27 with 1840 viewsstevenagehoop

Well I didn’t think the tackle was careless reckless or the use of excessive force they were both running for the ball. Also agree he had lost control and was already on his way down.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:29 - Mar 27 with 1838 viewsdistortR

not convinced it was a penalty, certainly not a clear and obvious mistake by the ref, which, i believe, is when the the third party recommendation for a VAR review is supposed to kick in.

I was also unhappy when our goal was reviewed. Lovely goal, quick thinking to take advantage of a free kick which should give the sinned against team an advantage, and basically the ref is looking to see if he can find a reason to disallow it.
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:31 - Mar 27 with 1828 viewsLongsufferingR

If that had been Ashley Young against us, we'd all (rightly) have been calling him every name under the sun. Referee was five yards away and saw nothing wrong. No big shouts for a pen. Leave the game alone!!
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:35 - Mar 27 with 1812 viewsLongsufferingR

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:09 - Mar 27 by ozexile

Glenn Hoddle
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:44 - Mar 27 with 1772 viewsAntti_Heinola

I have a severe hatred for VAR, but the replay showed it was a pen.
Whether he had control of the ball or not is completely immaterial, I'm not sure why people bring that up. If you push someone over in the box as a corner comes in, it's a pen, regardless of whether that player is anywhere near the ball or not.
As for the 'typical Italian' thing - i guess no one noticed Ox's outrageous dive first half - i know Tyldesley and Hoddle studiously ignored it.
But, VAR is crap. Live with bad decisions. We've managed to do so for 150 years.

Bare bones.

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 03:34 - Mar 28 with 1610 viewstimcocking

So far, it's been bloody farcical. I'm not sure i'm going to be able to watch any of it like this; i can feel my blood pressure rising already. To think i've been desperate for it to be introduced!

I still think it should be used, but clearly only for certain situations ie goal line tech. It's been a total disaster so far. Perhaps that's on purpose, so we scrap it. Then they can go on cheating teams like QPR every week. If you're seriously gonna use it for decisions like last night, wtf? They'll have to award eight penalties every time there's a corner kick ffs. Matt Smith probably would have won us a thousand penalties.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 4:49]
VAR is going to killl football as we know it (n/t) on 04:52 - Mar 28 with 1574 viewstimcocking

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:44 - Mar 27 by Antti_Heinola

I have a severe hatred for VAR, but the replay showed it was a pen.
Whether he had control of the ball or not is completely immaterial, I'm not sure why people bring that up. If you push someone over in the box as a corner comes in, it's a pen, regardless of whether that player is anywhere near the ball or not.
As for the 'typical Italian' thing - i guess no one noticed Ox's outrageous dive first half - i know Tyldesley and Hoddle studiously ignored it.
But, VAR is crap. Live with bad decisions. We've managed to do so for 150 years.

[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 4:55]
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 10:00 - Mar 28 with 1369 viewsterryb

I thought that it was a penalty when seeing the replay, but at the time I had no idea that there was any contact.

As a poster asked further up the thread, who made the decision to review? Was it the match referee or the VAR offical? That very situation muct occur many times in every game.

IF VAR reaches the Championship I will probably have to forgo midweek matches as the game wouldn't be finished in time to catch the last train home!
VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 14:40 - Mar 28 with 1231 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR is going to killl football as we know it on 22:09 - Mar 27 by ozexile

VAR 'suggests' to ref, he looks at incident. Up to ref if he looks or not and then up to ref if he changes his decision or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024