Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" 21:16 - Nov 28 with 4547 viewsnumptydumpty

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/amit-bhatia-reveals-qprs-january-transfer-wind

Amit quoted as saying no planned purchases or sales in January. So I take that as red as opposed to more speculative journalism.

Good news I feel - we have a strong squad that appears united and motivated. Our players want to win and want to perform and it does appear that most are happy to be at our club and the togetherness is evident.

Well done to all involved.

Even yesterday at Rotherham - not our greatest performance but we seem to come on strong late on and was very well deserved equalizer. Good to be getting points out of games which the way games were going - in recent times I would have put us down as guaranteed losses.

If we can keep the entire squad here for rest of season and potentially get Mr Manning back also - my hope is in the upper half of the table but you never know sometimes and may do better than that.

I don't want to jinx things by predicting anything higher but we have some good characters in our squad and all try their best and that's all you can wish for really.

If we manage to maintain current form for rest of season with few changes in personnel - then hopefully our better players will still feel they can achieve what they want at our club...

Anyhow I don't understand what's going on - I got no complaints about QPR - very strange times !!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 22:13 - Nov 28 with 4410 viewsLazyFan

He has to say that or the current players may get upset.
Why disrupt the squad sprirt.

Reality is if someone comes in with a decent offer then we may offload. We cannot admit planning for that as it depends upon someone else. So, we wait. If it happens, I am hoping we buy a young, tall, fast CB at least. So, we can give them 6 months to bed into the team and be ready for next season.

Ideally, Lungo would go for £5m and Cousins for £300k and we could then bring back Manning.

But that is very unlikely.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 23:23 - Nov 28 with 4289 viewsDWQPR

Week for me quite surprisingly and more so pleasing to say the best signing we have made all summer and for some time has to be Steve McClaren. I am now looking to going down to HQ to watch my team play so very good football as opposed to feeling that I was going through the motions. He has really built a team to be proud of.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 02:01 - Nov 29 with 4187 viewstimcocking

Good. I hate buying for the sake of it (rewind 10 years, that wasn't the case, but we've learned that the hard way). We don't need anybody (assuming we have these loanees) apart from perhaps a good (preferably quick) centre back.

Who'd be perfect - quick, excellent on the ball - Jack Robinson. We should try to sign him.

I've said it before, i'll say it again. Cohesion is key. Consistency will bring cohesion which will bring success which will bring team spirit and confidence which will bring us back to where we rightfully belong.
Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 06:19 - Nov 29 with 4138 viewsLblock

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 22:13 - Nov 28 by LazyFan

He has to say that or the current players may get upset.
Why disrupt the squad sprirt.

Reality is if someone comes in with a decent offer then we may offload. We cannot admit planning for that as it depends upon someone else. So, we wait. If it happens, I am hoping we buy a young, tall, fast CB at least. So, we can give them 6 months to bed into the team and be ready for next season.

Ideally, Lungo would go for £5m and Cousins for £300k and we could then bring back Manning.

But that is very unlikely.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Everyone is always for sale at the right price.
Previously I’d be sceptical we’d get anywhere near the “right” price for anyone, but Amit, Les and Hoos seem a different prospect

As for £5mill for Luongo I feel I need a councelling session and to reestablish a grip on reality as that statement has propelled me into a parallax not experienced since halcyon days of class A imbibement.
£300k for Cousins is like the second hit, you think you’ve come down easy then, bam, another rush to the cranium when someone unexpectedly bangs a door or suchlike

Keep ‘em coming

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 06:21 - Nov 29 with 4135 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry if someone has already said it, but haven’t we got a transfer embargo during January anyway?
Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 07:56 - Nov 29 with 4028 viewsLblock

Loopholes Bazza, loopholes

We can sign U23's but they can't play for the first team this year.

We CAN sign a player to replace an outgoing player as long as they "only" earn 75% of the departing players salary or a "paltry" max £30k a week (the poor lamb) plus there's no Agent fee and the incoming player has to suffer from leprosy and be unable to play Saturday 3:00pm KO's due to religious constrictions

Capiche?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 08:11 - Nov 29 with 4008 viewsCiderwithRsie

Loans?

Specifically: extensions of current loans?
Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 08:52 - Nov 29 with 3941 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 08:11 - Nov 29 by CiderwithRsie

Loans?

Specifically: extensions of current loans?

Do you mean loans in, Rosie?

Our three loans in are all season-long.

As for loans out it seems that Manning can be recalled to Rangers in January if we wish.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 3738 viewslondonscottish

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 08:52 - Nov 29 by BrianMcCarthy

As for loans out it seems that Manning can be recalled to Rangers in January if we wish.

Rangel's runs to Jan 13th.

But at the fans' forum Les & Hoos said they're planning to extend it.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 12:14 - Nov 29 with 3706 viewsAntti_Heinola

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 11:58 - Nov 29 by londonscottish

Rangel's runs to Jan 13th.

But at the fans' forum Les & Hoos said they're planning to extend it.

he's not a loan, he's a free agent.

Bare bones.

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 12:29 - Nov 29 with 3667 viewsDorse

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 07:56 - Nov 29 by Lblock

We CAN sign a player to replace an outgoing player as long as they "only" earn 75% of the departing players salary or a "paltry" max £30k a week (the poor lamb) plus there's no Agent fee and the incoming player has to suffer from leprosy and be unable to play Saturday 3:00pm KO's due to religious constrictions

Capiche?

Won't somebody please think of the agents?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 13:24 - Nov 29 with 3580 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 12:14 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

he's not a loan, he's a free agent.

Exactly, and we're free to extend his contract.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 13:41 - Nov 29 with 3539 viewsDannyPaddox

We've certainly changed our tune

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 20:16 - Nov 29 with 3343 viewsCiderwithRsie

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 08:52 - Nov 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Brian - for some reason I'd got it in my head that Wells and Hemed were only loaned up tp January.

It'd be nice to be able to ignore the transfer window, it's all balls IMO and usually a sign of clubs screwing up the close season.
Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 22:21 - Nov 29 with 3214 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 07:56 - Nov 29 by Lblock

Capiche?

I think so.

Pretty ineffective embargo isn’t it.
Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 12:41 - Nov 30 with 2988 viewssimmo

I appreciate he's probably answering a direct question, but I don't think statements like this are helpful, especially as all of our players are for sale if a good offer comes in. It's all well and good saying we won't sell but if Boro come back with a £5m-£7m bid for Freeman, we'll take it and the Twitter will be all over Amit, quoting this back to him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 16:48 - Nov 30 with 2875 viewsnumptydumpty

It was said no PLANNED sales or purchases.

I doubt very much any of our players will receive a massive sale price that would tempt us anyhow unless any of them have a release clause in their contract but the way business done here now - am hoping that the figures for that are very high anyhow.

Its no coincidence that we have been generally picking the same starting eleven for a number of games now.

We do have a decent squad though and a few injuries apart from perhaps in defence - I think we are covered very adequately all things considered.

I never get my hopes too high with us anyhow - too long a supporter and bit worried tomorrow nailed on loss in true rangers fashion ie we big favourites to win !!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 10:44 - Dec 1 with 2728 viewsisawqpratwcity

Didn't see anything on the Offish...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 10:58 - Dec 1 with 2717 viewsDavieQPR

We have a further 6 months option to extend on Rangel contract. There is also a reason some players are signing new contracts. I believe all the current players will stay except a few loans out. I mean would Freeman really want to play Pullis Ball.
Amit Quoted "No Sales or Purchases in January" on 11:47 - Dec 1 with 2681 viewsBklynRanger

Things can change obviously but I'm happier with AMit saying that than something along the lines of "everyone's for sale" - whoch wouldn't have shocked me under the current circumstances. I'd still like to see another CB come in but, given that that's basically immmmpossible, keeping the current squad together would be great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024