Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(Very) early odds 14:51 - May 28 with 2382 viewsPinnerPaul

Us

To win the league 45/1
Relegation (3rd fav) 3/1
Promotion 16/1
(Very) early odds on 14:56 - May 28 with 2350 viewsQPR_John

So 45/1 to come top but only 16/1 to finish second
(Very) early odds on 15:28 - May 28 with 2273 viewsrunningman75

With financial fair play looming for some clubs and the r's presumably evaluating the squad it is too early to predict ( though I would be happy with around 15th currently).
(Very) early odds on 15:30 - May 28 with 2270 viewsrobith

Wow, football odds suck man
(Very) early odds on 15:31 - May 28 with 2267 viewsRblockPrior

Our season will depend on the loan players we get in imo, if we manage to pull off a real coup and bring a couple in who hit the ground running we may be able to get top half.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

(Very) early odds on 15:41 - May 28 with 2241 viewsCroydonCaptJack

(Very) early odds on 14:56 - May 28 by QPR_John

Not exactly.
By finishing 3rd to 6th you can still get promoted via the playoffs.
Promotion odds often look skewed like that because of the knockout nature of the playoffs.
(Very) early odds on 16:11 - May 28 with 2133 viewsrobith

(Very) early odds on 15:41 - May 28 by CroydonCaptJack

Not exactly.
By finishing 3rd to 6th you can still get promoted via the playoffs.
Promotion odds often look skewed like that because of the knockout nature of the playoffs.

It's still a bad price though. It says we're a near 6% chance to get promoted, wheres on base probability without even accounting for form or lack of funds we're a 4% shot

Edit: out of curiosity and using bet365's prices I worked out the over round on this market (i.e how much profit a bookie will be looking to make).

100% is a balanced market with no profit.

The over round on this market is 336%.

Avoid imo.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 16:18]
(Very) early odds on 16:37 - May 28 with 2058 viewshoopdog

So who are the other 2 favs behind us
(Very) early odds on 16:37 - May 28 with 2054 viewsRblockPrior

(Very) early odds on 16:37 - May 28 by hoopdog

So who are the other 2 favs behind us

Millwall and Wigan

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Login to get fewer ads

(Very) early odds on 17:19 - May 28 with 1958 viewsstevec

(Very) early odds on 16:11 - May 28 by robith

It's still a bad price though. It says we're a near 6% chance to get promoted, wheres on base probability without even accounting for form or lack of funds we're a 4% shot

Edit: out of curiosity and using bet365's prices I worked out the over round on this market (i.e how much profit a bookie will be looking to make).

100% is a balanced market with no profit.

The over round on this market is 336%.

Avoid imo.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 16:18]

How did you get to 4% ? I make it nearer 12%.

16/1 is not that bad a price, having said that I won't be going anywhere near it.
(Very) early odds on 17:26 - May 28 with 1937 viewsGroveR

(Very) early odds on 16:37 - May 28 by RblockPrior

Millwall and Wigan

Very short on Millwall imo. They're not pretty but they're brutally effective.
(Very) early odds on 22:42 - May 28 with 1648 viewsdavman

(Very) early odds on 17:26 - May 28 by GroveR

Would have put Charlton and Barnsley behind us. League One is a poor standard these days and they didn't actually rip it up there...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

(Very) early odds on 22:46 - May 28 with 1640 viewscolinallcars

(Very) early odds on 22:42 - May 28 by davman

Would have put Charlton and Barnsley behind us. League One is a poor standard these days and they didn't actually rip it up there...

Agreed. I think there will be three teams at least worse than us next season.
(Very) early odds on 22:57 - May 28 with 1622 viewsA40Bosh

(Very) early odds on 22:46 - May 28 by colinallcars

Agreed. I think there will be three teams at least worse than us next season.

Is there anyone else other than me who actually not previously knowing anything much about Warbs read up a bit about him after he was confirmed and then saw his first interview on the Offy and thought - you know what? I think we will do alright under him?
🤔🤔🤔
😊

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

(Very) early odds on 07:31 - May 29 with 1459 viewsGroveR

(Very) early odds on 22:57 - May 28 by A40Bosh

Is there anyone else other than me who actually not previously knowing anything much about Warbs read up a bit about him after he was confirmed and then saw his first interview on the Offy and thought - you know what? I think we will do alright under him?
🤔🤔🤔
😊

Let's say the man's a miracle worker and has us in the top 6 come January. I could easily see a certain portly Malaysian "advising" him to make some additions to the squad to increase our chances of promotion, players with experience, lads McLaren would have called "warriors." Sandro and Barton for example.
(Very) early odds on 08:44 - May 29 with 1366 viewsrobith

(Very) early odds on 17:19 - May 28 by stevec

How did you get to 4% ? I make it nearer 12%.

16/1 is not that bad a price, having said that I won't be going anywhere near it.

Ack, you're right, I had a brain fart and forgot this was for any promotion rather than winning the league.

Either way, poor value market, but I dislike longer term bets that aren't Cheltenham tbh
(Very) early odds on 09:53 - May 29 with 1326 viewsstevec

(Very) early odds on 08:44 - May 29 by robith

Ack, you're right, I had a brain fart and forgot this was for any promotion rather than winning the league.

Either way, poor value market, but I dislike longer term bets that aren't Cheltenham tbh

Yeh, I'm not too up on the horses but get your point.

I think I may have banged on about this last year, but there are long term football bets that can work very well. For the last five seasons I've done trebles on teams finishing in top 6 (7 in league two), this season was the first that it went wrong, had Stoke in one bet and Notts County in another (I know!). But a mate followed this up and won well this season. Go for perceived bankers rather than outsiders, unless you're seriously clued up.

Another decent bet is top half/bottom half but wait until towards end of January to place them. West Ham (last day) and Bournemouth both reversed fortunes and saved my season.

All short odds so requires a punt of around £50 at least but, if you're a Cheltenham man, I imagine well within your scope.

Finally, steer clear of loyalty bets, at start of season did QPR at 13/2 to finish top London club, at Xmas we were something like 10 and 20 points clear!!
(Very) early odds on 13:34 - May 29 with 1129 viewsSimonJames

What odds would I get on us NOT getting relegated? That's the only bet I would take this coming season.

100% of people who drink water will die.

(Very) early odds on 14:22 - May 29 with 1086 viewstimeforheroes

(Very) early odds on 17:26 - May 28 by GroveR

Yeah pulled it together at the end of the season, showed that this isn't the most difficult division to stay in. Could see it going sour very quickly there though if they don't start well given the current sentiment towards Harris and they need to recruit well to replace Gregory as I don't really rate that Bradshaw they signed last summer from Barnsley
(Very) early odds on 15:31 - May 29 with 995 viewskensalriser

Isn't this all a bit pointless until we know a bit more about how squads are shaping up?

Here are last years pre-season favourites (from the Mirror, Aug 2nd):

Stoke 13/8
Middlesbrough 11/4
West Brom 11/4
Nottingham Forest 10/3
Leeds 7/2
Swansea 7/2

Looking at that, I think the more interesting bet would be none of the top 6 favourites to go up!

However the relegation odds called the bottom three correctly, somewhat disturbingly:

Bolton 6/5
Rotherham 6/5
Ipswich 3/1
Hull 7/2
Reading 4/1
Millwall 9/2
QPR 9/2

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

(Very) early odds on 16:37 - May 29 with 954 viewsPinnerPaul

(Very) early odds on 14:56 - May 28 by QPR_John

or via the play offs - hence the (relatively) low prices for that market
(Very) early odds on 19:12 - May 29 with 869 viewsQPR_John

(Very) early odds on 16:37 - May 29 by PinnerPaul

or via the play offs - hence the (relatively) low prices for that market

I assume then that there are better odds for coming second
(Very) early odds on 19:13 - May 29 with 868 viewsQPR_John

(Very) early odds on 22:57 - May 28 by A40Bosh

🤔🤔🤔
😊

I'm with you. No evidence to support it just a feeling.
(Very) early odds on 22:07 - May 29 with 791 viewsThGrimRanger

I can see us doing an Ipswich next season. Who's going to score our goals?

TheGrimRanger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024