Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not again 17:01 - Dec 29 with 2308 viewswelwynranger

This is getting embarrassing. All the second half possession,all the chances, .
Then the usual late sucker punch.
Not again on 17:20 - Dec 29 with 2181 viewsdavman

We just can't play for 90 minutes. Today, it was the first 30 mins, against Reading, it was the second half, against Charlton it was around 30 mins in the second half.

So bloody frustrating as we just cannot capitalise when on top and yet again it felt inevitable when their winner went in.

The worse thing for me is that Lumley cost us and with it his place in the team yet again, which means that Kelly is back. Even less confidence with him in goal.

Home record shocking again...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Not again on 17:26 - Dec 29 with 2115 viewsBenny_the_Ball

When you boil it down the game is about scoring goals at one end whilst preventing them at the other. All the pretty stuff in between is fair and well but if your forwards are wasteful and your goalkeeper/defence generous then you're asking for trouble.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 17:26]
Not again on 17:37 - Dec 29 with 2034 viewsloftus77

Is it frustrating? I'm easy with it.

At 1-1 I literally would have put my life on Hull snatching a winner. No surprise whatsoever. Utterly certain. Night follows day. Death, taxes....
Not again on 18:03 - Dec 29 with 1902 viewsstowmarketrange

Not again on 17:37 - Dec 29 by loftus77

At 1-1 I literally would have put my life on Hull snatching a winner. No surprise whatsoever. Utterly certain. Night follows day. Death, taxes....

You could see it was coming for the last 20 mins.They brought on a big lump and started bullying us,and we fell into their trap.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 18:03]
Not again on 18:22 - Dec 29 with 1805 viewsbosh67

Home form is a problem now. Also it doesn't seem to matter who is in charge or who is playing, there is a long time culture here that we don't recover from defeats as well as other teams. Other teams shrug it off but we seem to wallow in it for far too long. Today we had so much possession and chances and yet they always seem vulnerable. Taking chances is the biggest issue but seeing out and managing out games has crept in as well. Our players heads go down too quickly after these games and they also don't appear to be listening to the gaffer at the moment, or he simply isn't getting his points across.

Charlton 2 dropped points, Reading we dropped a point and then today at least 1 thrown away. At least 4 points gifted at the end of the last 3 games. That needs turning around fast. Our home form needs to improve because we simply aren't delivering on our own patch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Not again on 18:28 - Dec 29 with 1747 viewsNorthantsHoop

Not again on 18:03 - Dec 29 by stowmarketrange

You could see it was coming for the last 20 mins.They brought on a big lump and started bullying us,and we fell into their trap.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 18:03]

You could see it happening we are so poor at any form of game management. Some poor substitutions today, Matt Smith is not good enough at this level, also Amos playing well so wierd substitution. We just don't get the ball upfield quickly enough. Our home form is following same pattern as last season. Another problem is we lack height in the defence and in midfield sometimes wonder if we go to Hobbitville to buy our players or they are not feeding them enough.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 18:30]
Not again on 18:28 - Dec 29 with 1743 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep I said to Mrs PP on about 70' that they were going to score, 10 mins later bloke next to me said the same thing.

Can't agree with Mr W's interview post match on this one.

I don't think it WAS an 'utterly dominant performance' nor did we create a 'host' of chances.

We rather fell away 2nd half I thought, which is the reason the goal felt like it was coming.
Not again on 18:37 - Dec 29 with 1680 viewswelwynranger

Not again on 17:26 - Dec 29 by Benny_the_Ball

When you boil it down the game is about scoring goals at one end whilst preventing them at the other. All the pretty stuff in between is fair and well but if your forwards are wasteful and your goalkeeper/defence generous then you're asking for trouble.

Seems churlish to criticise Eze, but their seems to too many occasions when he tries to beat the extra man instead of laying it off to someone better placed. Just my opinion
Login to get fewer ads

Not again on 18:40 - Dec 29 with 1663 viewsMelakaRanger

Not again on 17:26 - Dec 29 by Benny_the_Ball

And there in lies our fundamental problems.

1. We have a goalie who is out of his depth. He’s not Championship quality . He does not learn from his mistakes

2. The defence is totally porous and lacks a “hard men”. They do not learn from their mistakes.

3. The attack is generally completely wasteful and they too seem to not learn from their mistakes

All the bollocks spouted off by Warbs. Attack as a team, defend as a team. Unlucky. Showed them too much respect. What a load of hot air.

Where’s the heart, the grit, the battling for the ball. ?

Eustace said at the end of last season that many at the club just accepted defeats. I hope that culture hasn’t returned!
Not again on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 1598 viewsParkRoyalR

Not again on 18:37 - Dec 29 by welwynranger

Seems churlish to criticise Eze, but their seems to too many occasions when he tries to beat the extra man instead of laying it off to someone better placed. Just my opinion

One of Eze's many positives is willingness to first time pass if the options on, as class's reverse pass to Wells on 82nd minute who crossed for Hughill who somehow didn't get a finish on it for 2-1.

Eze has to play in the middle as without wing-backs now there is no-one CB"s can play ball into feet who can control and go either way other than Eze.
Not again on 18:57 - Dec 29 with 1570 viewsbosh67

Not again on 18:40 - Dec 29 by MelakaRanger

1. We have a goalie who is out of his depth. He’s not Championship quality . He does not learn from his mistakes

2. The defence is totally porous and lacks a “hard men”. They do not learn from their mistakes.

3. The attack is generally completely wasteful and they too seem to not learn from their mistakes

All the bollocks spouted off by Warbs. Attack as a team, defend as a team. Unlucky. Showed them too much respect. What a load of hot air.

Eustace said at the end of last season that many at the club just accepted defeats. I hope that culture hasn’t returned!

On your last point I am thinking similar. For some reason we do have a culture for wallowing on defeats and not getting over them. But it's been the same with whatever manager we have and whatever team we put out. We carry defeat around like a cross to bear and that has to change. Don't think Warburton can be blamed for us not defending at the end properly or for Lumley switching off at a routine moment. He has what he has to work with but for me the two things are that we have to get rid of the losing culture here which hangs around too long all the time and we seriously have to assign players to stay with players when defending. We need a Danny Maddix as you say. A shouter, a good reader of the game and an organiser. Leistner and Hall are both okay but neither really shouts or organises in these key moments.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Not again on 19:35 - Dec 29 with 1411 viewsDejR_vu

Not again on 18:40 - Dec 29 by MelakaRanger

There’s nothing much wrong with the defence. Hull were restricted to 5 shots today, and only 3 of those were on target. That’s pretty reasonable especially when our own keeper manufactured one of them for them. Our problem is that we have an utterly dreadful goalkeeper who should be absolutely nowhere near playing at this level.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Not again on 20:27 - Dec 29 with 1261 viewsParkRoyalR

Not again on 19:35 - Dec 29 by DejR_vu

There’s nothing much wrong with the defence. Hull were restricted to 5 shots today, and only 3 of those were on target. That’s pretty reasonable especially when our own keeper manufactured one of them for them. Our problem is that we have an utterly dreadful goalkeeper who should be absolutely nowhere near playing at this level.

Our defence is so poor we've had to resort to playing two holding midfielders at home to protect our Centre Backs and stop Manning and Rangel from passing the Halfway line.

Keepers make mistakes (Lumley now too many) and Forwards miss chances (too many of late) but what is holding this team back is sorting out the middle of our defence (and a reliable Keeper)
Not again on 20:45 - Dec 29 with 1210 viewsDejR_vu

Not again on 20:27 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

Our defence is so poor we've had to resort to playing two holding midfielders at home to protect our Centre Backs and stop Manning and Rangel from passing the Halfway line.

Keepers make mistakes (Lumley now too many) and Forwards miss chances (too many of late) but what is holding this team back is sorting out the middle of our defence (and a reliable Keeper)

I suspect if we had a competent keeper there would be far fewer concerns about the defence. They’re not world beaters but they’re not bad either, they’re just being put under pressure by a very poor keeper. Any shot on target has a 50% chance of ending up in the back of the net. Every defence needs a keeper capable of pulling off a few saves.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Not again on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 1195 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not again on 20:45 - Dec 29 by DejR_vu

I suspect if we had a competent keeper there would be far fewer concerns about the defence. They’re not world beaters but they’re not bad either, they’re just being put under pressure by a very poor keeper. Any shot on target has a 50% chance of ending up in the back of the net. Every defence needs a keeper capable of pulling off a few saves.

Not really fair, there has been little issue with his shot stopping. Today it was his handling and previously his feet. Pulled a couple of worldies today and at Reading.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 21:04]
Not again on 21:18 - Dec 29 with 1112 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not again on 20:27 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

"Resort to playing two holding midfielders"

Not sure we're awash with alternatives tbh. Thought Ball played well, in relation to his overall ability. Can't think of one mistake. Didn't offer anything much creatively but can't fault him really. Amos wasn't on it for me. Smith, hmmmm .

Who are these wonderful midfielders being kept out of the side?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Not again on 21:38 - Dec 29 with 1059 viewsderbyhoop

Wasteful 1 Clinical 2

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Not again on 11:26 - Dec 30 with 791 viewsfrancisbowles

Not again on 19:35 - Dec 29 by DejR_vu

I thought it was a 4141 with Ball holding and Amos and Chair central, at least at the start.
Not again on 13:54 - Dec 30 with 638 viewssmegma

I said to my mate 'we're gonna lose this' on 69 minutes. Literally just after Chair was taken off.
Not again on 14:03 - Dec 30 with 617 viewsDrewster

100%.
Sat in S block yesterday. You could see we were a yard off them all the second half, seems like we had a few mince pies at half time and went all sleepy.
Once they brought that giant Number 9 on and were going route 1, it was more about when rather than if.

Our own set pieces need sorting, some painful free kicks that could have been put into their danger area went sideways or even backwards.
Not again on 15:25 - Dec 30 with 547 viewskensalriser

Not again on 13:54 - Dec 30 by smegma

I said to my mate 'we're gonna lose this' on 69 minutes. Literally just after Chair was taken off.

Chair was our best player yesterday, wasn't he?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024