Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report 16:05 - Jul 12 with 2807 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52611
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 16:08 - Jul 12 with 2791 viewsJAPRANGERS

What a totally disgraceful performance that was. The only bright spot is your excellent report! Thanks as always for your hard work Clive!
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 16:26 - Jul 12 with 2735 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I had Bannon as MOTM yesterday but on reflection you're right - Luongo was better again.

Good report. Don't know how you do it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 17:04 - Jul 12 with 2612 viewsstevec

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 16:26 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I had Bannon as MOTM yesterday but on reflection you're right - Luongo was better again.

Good report. Don't know how you do it.

Luongo man of the match I see. Sounds like we’ve taken being shit to a whole new level.
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 17:22 - Jul 12 with 2556 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 17:04 - Jul 12 by stevec

Luongo man of the match I see. Sounds like we’ve taken being shit to a whole new level.

Luongo played very well, though we did make it easy for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 17:39 - Jul 12 with 2500 viewsjohnhoop

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 17:22 - Jul 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Luongo played very well, though we did make it easy for him.

I was just thinking this afternoon of how our midfield of last year and the one before, Luongo, Freeman and Scowen, seems like an almost unimaginably desirable combination compared to the vapid mess that has succeeded it. Then it was undoubtedly the strongest part of our team but it seems to have been replaced by a vacuum in the midfield that other teams run through at will.
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 17:39 - Jul 12 with 2501 viewsDavieQPR

Got less time to get the fan's interest back before the start of next season. Plus a few of us oldens have got used to a lazy Saturday with no travelling and saving a few bob on top.
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 18:30 - Jul 12 with 2346 viewsted_hendrix

Like a pillock I was furious yesterday afternoon, but what's the point?
These half hearted players who are winding down the clock far too early can go and f uck themselves now and that includes the ones who will so called be sold for big money.
Yes it's repetitive but it's the bloody same every year, all the excuses coming out of the club are the same old regurgitated rhetorical quotes that we've heard a thousand times before.
It'll be the same next year.
Sick to death of the club, the staff the players the whole goddam lot of them.
Luton Tuesday night? I'm fully expecting us to get a proper tonking that's assuming we turn up at all.

Pricks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 19:23 - Jul 12 with 2196 viewsB_Wad

Thank you for another well written, accurate and even fun report. The "lesser spotted Jack Clarke" brought a smile.

I think back to that first match last August against Stoke and how exciting the squad seemed. We knew it was always going to be a struggle and avoiding relegation was the goal, but the team had a good energy and I really appreciated how Warburton was developing a team that was losing talent and cutting wages yet keeping them competitive and exciting to watch. Hopefully this long season can still be looked at in that way but this match and the mood since the re-start is really leaving a sour taste.

Losing Wells, two captains- Leistner and Hall, Pugh and now Hugill has taken its toll but yesterday was unacceptable. Talk about needing a kick up the R's. Hopefully this will at least provide some insight for building the squad for next season.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 20:42 - Jul 12 with 2009 views2Thomas2Bowles

Absolute Shower

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 23:22 - Jul 12 with 1764 viewsdaveB

I couldn't watch the game yesterday as was having a family party so had planned to follow the game on twitter, saw we were 1 down early so sacked it off and just got pissed, saw the full time score later on and the various reports and it sounded horrific

Only just watched the highlights on SKY, christ the defending was bad
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 23:25 - Jul 12 with 1755 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 23:22 - Jul 12 by daveB

I couldn't watch the game yesterday as was having a family party so had planned to follow the game on twitter, saw we were 1 down early so sacked it off and just got pissed, saw the full time score later on and the various reports and it sounded horrific

Only just watched the highlights on SKY, christ the defending was bad

Luongo MOM.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 00:30 - Jul 13 with 1671 viewsCLAREMAN1995

When we were stuck in the depressing and overwhelming sadness of the Virus lockdown lots of posters including myself were begging for QPR to return to action and bring some normalcy and badly needed enjoyment to everybody .
These games since the restart have done none of that and it looks like the players have quiet simply thrown in the towel on this season and thats pathetic.They are getting away scott free with no fans to boost or boo them and if LF was full Saturday they would have rightly heard the response.Its a privildge to wear the shirt show some professional pride and finish the season out right
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 05:55 - Jul 13 with 1577 viewsMiss_Terraces

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 17:04 - Jul 12 by stevec

Luongo was a decent player for us but was on relatively high wages, which is why we coerced him out of the club

That was absolutely awful to watch

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 09:00 - Jul 13 with 1385 viewscolinallcars

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 20:42 - Jul 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Absolute Shower

Of.....
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 09:14 - Jul 13 with 1363 viewsbosh67

You do wonder in some senses why players like Hall and Pugh couldn't have been persuaded to stay until the end of the season. I know it is financial but surely relying on other teams to make us safe this season in the lockdown was a serious gamble. Looking at the lack of time Warburton and staff have to assemble a squad for next season I would imagine that he and the staff are starting to wonder how on earth they are going to get a squad in any way strong enough for next season. I am starting to think that the reliance will be that at least three other clubs go into administration next season and we stay up by the grace of financial god. That performance almost made me remember the Vauhall Motors defeat with some affection!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 09:55 - Jul 13 with 1290 viewsdaveB

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 09:14 - Jul 13 by bosh67

You do wonder in some senses why players like Hall and Pugh couldn't have been persuaded to stay until the end of the season. I know it is financial but surely relying on other teams to make us safe this season in the lockdown was a serious gamble. Looking at the lack of time Warburton and staff have to assemble a squad for next season I would imagine that he and the staff are starting to wonder how on earth they are going to get a squad in any way strong enough for next season. I am starting to think that the reliance will be that at least three other clubs go into administration next season and we stay up by the grace of financial god. That performance almost made me remember the Vauhall Motors defeat with some affection!

They did try and keep Hall, he chose to leave
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 9:55]
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 10:47 - Jul 13 with 1212 viewsqprphil

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 09:55 - Jul 13 by daveB

They did try and keep Hall, he chose to leave
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 9:55]

I find it sad that we paid Hall all through his injury problems, and got him back to full fitness. No feeling for the club, why not sign a goodwill contract for 12 months out of gratitude for everything we did for him. We look like a side who can't be bothered, had we beaten Barnsley we may have had a different outcome, and a different side playing, but we didn't of course. I'd be surprised if we got any more points this season, a lot will depend upon what M.W. can do in the signing department, he's not stupid, he knows what he has to do, but can he do it.?
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 10:52 - Jul 13 with 1198 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 10:47 - Jul 13 by qprphil

I find it sad that we paid Hall all through his injury problems, and got him back to full fitness. No feeling for the club, why not sign a goodwill contract for 12 months out of gratitude for everything we did for him. We look like a side who can't be bothered, had we beaten Barnsley we may have had a different outcome, and a different side playing, but we didn't of course. I'd be surprised if we got any more points this season, a lot will depend upon what M.W. can do in the signing department, he's not stupid, he knows what he has to do, but can he do it.?

There should be plenty of players to choose from. It's whether other clubs will be slashing wages to our level. My guess is that many will and it may be less difficult to attract them to our club than it has been in the past.
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 11:15 - Jul 13 with 1158 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. Your damning match report contained some telling home truths.

If only the players had the same professional pride in their job, that you have in yours, we'd be near the top of this league.
QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 13:03 - Jul 13 with 1037 viewsLongsufferingR

QPR circling the drain after Sheff Wed debacle - Report on 11:15 - Jul 13 by Noelmc

Thanks Clive. Your damning match report contained some telling home truths.

If only the players had the same professional pride in their job, that you have in yours, we'd be near the top of this league.

NEAR the top? He won't like that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024