Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing 13:48 - Sep 1 with 4845 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52804
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 14:54 - Sep 1 with 3324 viewsBklynRanger

Agree with the comments about Big Tone - never really agreed that he couldn't pass the ball and he did make an instant improvement in terms of battering it away when brought on even in his final games for us. Couldn't run sadly.

Dickie looks taller than 6ft to me, we'll soon see.
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 15:09 - Sep 1 with 3269 viewsqprd

Good signing

So what’s left on the shopping list?

Presumably a backup striker (perhaps a premier league youth loanee like mlakar but hopefully much better?

And any player who has a bit of experience, professionalism and leadership for the younger kids in the squad
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 15:25 - Sep 1 with 3181 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent news - well done the club, now about those season tickets?....................................................
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:07 - Sep 1 with 2996 viewsTeddRanger

The comment on Dickie's first interview bodes well."Jamie Mackie said he expects me to run the dressing room".

Implies he's a leader and a talker. Just what we need.
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:12 - Sep 1 with 2960 viewsstevec

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:07 - Sep 1 by TeddRanger

The comment on Dickie's first interview bodes well."Jamie Mackie said he expects me to run the dressing room".

Implies he's a leader and a talker. Just what we need.

The Corinthian Casuals of the Championship.
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:24 - Sep 1 with 2896 viewscolinallcars

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 15:25 - Sep 1 by PinnerPaul

Excellent news - well done the club, now about those season tickets?....................................................

Indeed...it would seem the club doesn't want our money. Can't seem to find a way to purchase either by phone or internet and presumably, ticket office closed. I'm (hopefully ), on hols next week, and am anxious to renew before I go. Any ideas anyone ?
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:31 - Sep 1 with 2857 viewsNorthernr

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:24 - Sep 1 by colinallcars

Indeed...it would seem the club doesn't want our money. Can't seem to find a way to purchase either by phone or internet and presumably, ticket office closed. I'm (hopefully ), on hols next week, and am anxious to renew before I go. Any ideas anyone ?

I did raise this with one of the media team at the weekend and said some sort of calrification would be much appreciated so hopefully there'll be some this week.
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:41 - Sep 1 with 2798 viewsrobith

I'll concede to not knowing much about him, but he seems to have been well scouted, held in high regard and seems to solve problems we have in the team. A lot to like
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:55 - Sep 1 with 2730 viewsstevec

Keeper
Dickie/Masterson/Barbet
Kane/BOS/Ball/Chair/Manning
Thomas
Dykes

Subs: Kakay, Wallace, Amos, another keeper....

Trying to picture the side, have I missed anything?

Looks very light on numbers still, we need a good bench and whilst I’ve no idea how good Dykes is, suspect we’d come majorly unstuck if we are relying on him to replace Hugills goals.

Still,it’s not looking as bad as I thought it might with 45 goals ripped out of last years side. Be nice to see a name up front, has the old fella at Brighton still got legs?
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:19 - Sep 1 with 2430 viewsCamberleyR

Can't recall us signing too many from Oxford previously. David Bardsley the last one?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:21 - Sep 1 with 2425 viewsNorthernr

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:19 - Sep 1 by CamberleyR

Can't recall us signing too many from Oxford previously. David Bardsley the last one?

Ray Houghton the original Darren Ambrose...
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:21 - Sep 1 with 2422 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:31 - Sep 1 by Northernr

I did raise this with one of the media team at the weekend and said some sort of calrification would be much appreciated so hopefully there'll be some this week.

Excellent stuff Clive - thanks for that.

I accept there is a lot to sort and without all the facts/authority, its difficult for the club.

However, they haven't helped themselves by announcing the Sky/EFL on line access deal and throwing in the word 'shortly' when it came to releasing details about season tickets.

If you DO mean shortly, fine but don't just throw that word in as a delaying tactic and expect it to work.

Whatever happens now its going to be a short renewal window.
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:23 - Sep 1 with 2416 viewsNorthernr

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:21 - Sep 1 by PinnerPaul

I accept there is a lot to sort and without all the facts/authority, its difficult for the club.

However, they haven't helped themselves by announcing the Sky/EFL on line access deal and throwing in the word 'shortly' when it came to releasing details about season tickets.

If you DO mean shortly, fine but don't just throw that word in as a delaying tactic and expect it to work.

Mate I'm with you, we have a seat in our group yet to renew, but don't want to lose, and would like to know what the score is.
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:43 - Sep 1 with 2353 viewsdaveB

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 16:24 - Sep 1 by colinallcars

You can renew a season ticket either online through the website or by phoning the box office, imagine many are waiting on how it will all work with going back to the stadium before renewing.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/qpr/

by Phone - 0208 740 2528
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 18:50]
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:54 - Sep 1 with 2308 viewsdaveB

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 18:21 - Sep 1 by PinnerPaul

To be fair to them the renewal window has been open since before last Christmas so we've had tons of time but understandable that a lack of clarity about how it will work when the doors open is the hold up for most people from renewing. The club are being guided by the government on that so I'm not sure they can give clear guidance on what will happen.

They do need to say something this week though to give fans an idea of how it's going to work.
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 21:01 - Sep 1 with 1992 viewsM40R

So the axis of the team is known as "Dickie Dykes"?
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 21:06 - Sep 1 with 1978 viewsMyke

Good piece Clive, thanks. I fully agree that the Leistner pay off is bad business, even if we accept that Dickie is clearly a better option than him not just under Warburton, but in the general scheme of things. But don't agree it reflects badly on Ferdinand's role in the matter. I get what you are saying that we constantly change managers (and styles) and that the DoF is supposed to be a buffer to prevent the wholesale layering of players who then become unwanted and discarded under a new regime.
But the benefit of hindsight is 20/20 and unless Les had a crystal ball, he would have no grounds
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 21:40 - Sep 1 with 1876 viewsMyke

...Sorry sent before finishing. So unless Les had a Crystal Ball, he would have no grounds for denying McClaren his most wanted defender. Firstly, context: Onuoha, Robinson (and to a much lesser extent Perch) had just exited the club. Three vastly experienced defenders in a defence that still managed to leak 70 goals.
Secondly: Hall was still knackered and looked like he was going to remain so.
Thirdly, McClaren was supposed to be continuing the blooding of the youngsters that Holloway had began, so an experienced, robust defender was vital.
Fourthly (I'm not certain about this one) did we lose Penrice's scouting network around this time?
Of course there are factors that were over-looked. As you say, he didn't get slow overnight. Nor did he become uncomfortable with playing out from the back after we signed him. However, with the above mitigating circumstances and with the way we have being steadily moving forward, I think we can regard it as a blip, rather than a major faux pas. No club gets it right all the time.
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 21:46 - Sep 1 with 1856 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 21:40 - Sep 1 by Myke

...Sorry sent before finishing. So unless Les had a Crystal Ball, he would have no grounds for denying McClaren his most wanted defender. Firstly, context: Onuoha, Robinson (and to a much lesser extent Perch) had just exited the club. Three vastly experienced defenders in a defence that still managed to leak 70 goals.
Thirdly, McClaren was supposed to be continuing the blooding of the youngsters that Holloway had began, so an experienced, robust defender was vital.
Fourthly (I'm not certain about this one) did we lose Penrice's scouting network around this time?
Of course there are factors that were over-looked. As you say, he didn't get slow overnight. Nor did he become uncomfortable with playing out from the back after we signed him. However, with the above mitigating circumstances and with the way we have being steadily moving forward, I think we can regard it as a blip, rather than a major faux pas. No club gets it right all the time.

Good post and I agree with the vast majority of it.

Just to clarify - Penrice was in place for the signing of BFG. He left in Dec 19. Pretty sure we relied on his European network.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 22:17 - Sep 1 with 1753 viewsLeedsR

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 21:46 - Sep 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Good post and I agree with the vast majority of it.

Just to clarify - Penrice was in place for the signing of BFG. He left in Dec 19. Pretty sure we relied on his European network.

In addition, in defence of Leistner, I do feel he has been unjustly viewed re his passing. I’m not for one moment saying he was Beckenbauer In disguise, but I often felt that he felt that he had to take on the initiative because the midfielders weren’t always readily showing for the ball. They almost would run away from the ball, not wanting to take responsibility, so it fell to Leistner to start things off, with mixed levels of success. I always felt that our midfielders were lacking if at any point in the game where Leistner had to be the play instigator.

Re his departure, not a lot to say, not ideal.

The arrival of Dickie should inspire a bit more confidence in terms of playing it out from the back. I hope his defensive skills are up to it!!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 22:18]
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 22:20 - Sep 1 with 1741 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 22:17 - Sep 1 by LeedsR

In addition, in defence of Leistner, I do feel he has been unjustly viewed re his passing. I’m not for one moment saying he was Beckenbauer In disguise, but I often felt that he felt that he had to take on the initiative because the midfielders weren’t always readily showing for the ball. They almost would run away from the ball, not wanting to take responsibility, so it fell to Leistner to start things off, with mixed levels of success. I always felt that our midfielders were lacking if at any point in the game where Leistner had to be the play instigator.

Re his departure, not a lot to say, not ideal.

The arrival of Dickie should inspire a bit more confidence in terms of playing it out from the back. I hope his defensive skills are up to it!!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 22:18]

Yes, I agree. Good point re lack of options ahead of him in that season. That often was true.

I agree with the consensus here that his passing was not as poor as has sometimes been made out. I really do think that he brought us further back the field, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 22:23 - Sep 1 with 1732 viewsdaveB

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 21:40 - Sep 1 by Myke

for a free transfer Leinster was an OK signing, had a good first season and was OK last year, shame how it's ended but we've made worst signings than him
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 22:42 - Sep 1 with 1670 viewsLeedsR

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 22:23 - Sep 1 by daveB

for a free transfer Leinster was an OK signing, had a good first season and was OK last year, shame how it's ended but we've made worst signings than him

This!
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 23:01 - Sep 1 with 1624 viewsMyke

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 22:23 - Sep 1 by daveB

To be fair, I don't think signing him is (was) the issue. It was the idea of having to pay him to leave that goes against the grain
Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 01:22 - Sep 2 with 1482 viewsLoftgirl

Warburton gets his ball-playing centre back - Signing on 21:01 - Sep 1 by M40R

So the axis of the team is known as "Dickie Dykes"?

Better than "Dykes Dickie". It could be illegal to Google that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024