Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report 17:22 - Oct 22 with 1712 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53177
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 18:21 - Oct 22 with 1572 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks, Clive.
Can't have been easy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 18:45 - Oct 22 with 1526 viewscolinallcars

Spot on ( no pun intended).
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 09:39 - Oct 23 with 752 viewsBklynRanger

I've got a feeling a good old fashioned war-by-press between Clive and Warbs could easily be the most entertaining thing about this ludicrous season.
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 09:49 - Oct 23 with 734 viewsNorthernr

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 09:39 - Oct 23 by BklynRanger

I've got a feeling a good old fashioned war-by-press between Clive and Warbs could easily be the most entertaining thing about this ludicrous season.

Stupid thing is I actually like him, think he's done a good job on the whole.
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 09:56 - Oct 23 with 723 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 09:49 - Oct 23 by Northernr

He's generally very well backed by R's fan, apart from the Twitter lunatics who ay not be fans at all.
I don't think he can complain, certainly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 10:06 - Oct 23 with 710 viewsBklynRanger

Mate I'm not being drawn into this - no way do I have the required level of grammatical hyper-dexterity.

He'll be reading this at Harlington with his 10 o'clock lapsang souchong.

Disregard my comments please, Gaffer. I know nothing.
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 10:35 - Oct 23 with 668 viewsnix

As do most of us.

Obviously we let off steam when we lose about tactics, individual players, team selection etc but I think most of us calm down and recognise what he and the management team are up against and what a good job they've been doing to keep us competitive and viable.

When you look at Notts Forest, where they are in the table and the money they've spent, it puts it into perspective. Deep down we all know the long game is by far the best for a club like ours, nurturing young players and building a team from the ground up. But we also need to sound off a bit when we lose and most of us have developed a sardonic sense of humour just to cope. Doesn't mean we don't value what they're doing.
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 10:52 - Oct 23 with 644 viewsTheChef

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 10:35 - Oct 23 by nix

As do most of us.

Obviously we let off steam when we lose about tactics, individual players, team selection etc but I think most of us calm down and recognise what he and the management team are up against and what a good job they've been doing to keep us competitive and viable.

When you look at Notts Forest, where they are in the table and the money they've spent, it puts it into perspective. Deep down we all know the long game is by far the best for a club like ours, nurturing young players and building a team from the ground up. But we also need to sound off a bit when we lose and most of us have developed a sardonic sense of humour just to cope. Doesn't mean we don't value what they're doing.

You'd expect he'd be as fcked off about it as us, especially with the same player giving away two soft penalties.

Otherwise that game looked like a 0-0 all day long - just a shame that we didn't start the game with a slightly more attacking approach.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 11:06 - Oct 23 with 620 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have to agree with all of that Clive.
I will say, that while Warbs talks about the Captain of Rangers a lot, he had no compunction dropping him last season, and hopefully he won't again. All managers have favourites, but Warbs seems fairly ruthless to me.
Also was very surprised Adomah didn't come on at half time. It seemed obvious that needed to happen.
One goal in three games now. We have to start going for it. Still, we had a spell like this after Wells left, and we came back and started smashing them in again. We have the players for it.

Bare bones.

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 12:12 - Oct 23 with 560 viewswestberksr

having missed all bar the final 15, that was a tough read but reflects the general comments.

have a core team but adjust to reflect who is stood in front of you; something that Warbs has clearly decided isn't a good idea!
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 12:36 - Oct 23 with 541 viewsswisscottage

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 12:12 - Oct 23 by westberksr

having missed all bar the final 15, that was a tough read but reflects the general comments.

have a core team but adjust to reflect who is stood in front of you; something that Warbs has clearly decided isn't a good idea!

Insipid - that's exactly the single word I sent to my family's footy WhatsApp group about 10 minutes into the 2nd half.

Perfectly describes the performance
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 12:49 - Oct 23 with 529 viewsPinnerPaul

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 12:12 - Oct 23 by westberksr

To be fair to him, we did look good for 15/20 minutes after the first 5 as Clive said - so not buying that it was totally down to him.

As Clive says, players at this level shouldn't need 'coaching' on how NOT to give away pens or not let the ball bounce!

On the Wallace non booking - totally see where Clive is coming from. I think KF only saw the first foul outside the box and presumably view was blocked by the 5, yes FIVE players around Sinclair for the 2nd. If I'm being picky, with comms, think he and AR could have called that a little quicker and more smoothly

Back to the non booking, if he sees that foul in isolation its a yellow all day long - red 2 seasons ago, but yellow now.

As for the dissent its what they call 'game management' as this level - drives the rest of lower level refs mad. I can guarantee that what he said would have been a red in my games - I've heard all sorts at LR where the officials don't even speak to the players.

However here and in the PL no one wants to see a player off for OFFINABUS and no one really wants to see a player get a yellow for dissent as it runs the risk of sending off a player for one foul in effect. Pretty pointless getting Cameron involved - I mean thats oK at U16s but the players here know what's acceptable and not dissent wise - I'm with Clive on this either book him or ignore it (as they do 95% of the dissent in any case!)
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 13:06 - Oct 23 with 492 viewsmarkqpr

I thought the first 20 mins were really good, following on from the Bournemouth game, with some great crosses into the box, 5 in the first 22 mins.

Once the penalty went in though we looked like half a team, unsure how to respond.

Overall Dickie and Kakay were decent for 90mins.

Barbet and Wallace let the manager down after he put so much trust in them to lead the squad. Having Adomah stand over the free kick on the left hand side only for Barbet to put it into the upper loft for a second time in quick succession was madness and showed that the newer players are yet to impose themselves on the squad.

With the amount of new faces we've got and young players trying to establish themselves, the senior players need to step up, Cameron, Ball, Barbet and Wallace on Wednesday night for example and not be fu(king liabilities instead.

Early days. Warbs will sort it.
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 13:08 - Oct 23 with 489 viewsderbyhoop

Wasn't that typical QPR to follow up a solid performance at Bournemouth with a feeble capitulation 4 days later?
Give PNE credit, they got their tactics spot on but we were toothless and uncommitted. As Clive said, all the typical time-wasting and, dare I say, shithousery, that we have seen by several Preston teams over recent years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 13:19 - Oct 23 with 473 viewsNorthernr

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 12:49 - Oct 23 by PinnerPaul

To be fair to him, we did look good for 15/20 minutes after the first 5 as Clive said - so not buying that it was totally down to him.

As Clive says, players at this level shouldn't need 'coaching' on how NOT to give away pens or not let the ball bounce!

On the Wallace non booking - totally see where Clive is coming from. I think KF only saw the first foul outside the box and presumably view was blocked by the 5, yes FIVE players around Sinclair for the 2nd. If I'm being picky, with comms, think he and AR could have called that a little quicker and more smoothly

Back to the non booking, if he sees that foul in isolation its a yellow all day long - red 2 seasons ago, but yellow now.

As for the dissent its what they call 'game management' as this level - drives the rest of lower level refs mad. I can guarantee that what he said would have been a red in my games - I've heard all sorts at LR where the officials don't even speak to the players.

However here and in the PL no one wants to see a player off for OFFINABUS and no one really wants to see a player get a yellow for dissent as it runs the risk of sending off a player for one foul in effect. Pretty pointless getting Cameron involved - I mean thats oK at U16s but the players here know what's acceptable and not dissent wise - I'm with Clive on this either book him or ignore it (as they do 95% of the dissent in any case!)

I think a few wouldn't have minded seeing a player off in this particular instance
Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 13:32 - Oct 23 with 449 viewsPinnerPaul

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 13:19 - Oct 23 by Northernr

I think a few wouldn't have minded seeing a player off in this particular instance

Insipid QPR twice pay PNE penalty - Report on 14:18 - Oct 23 with 406 viewsjoe90

As bad as the game was, I don't think it will take much for our fortunes to turn around, but we have to have realistic expectations.

I think much like last season we'll have a few good runs of form where we'll convincingly win a few games but shouldn't let those games trick us into thinking we're play-off contenders nor should we let the bad games makes us think the club is falling apart etc.

It's obvious Warbs wants us playing in a particular way which means will win in a certain style and equally lose in a certain style.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024