Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report 18:21 - Feb 25 with 2201 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54339
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 19:29 - Feb 25 with 1949 viewshantssi

Great as usual Clive, didn’t see the game thank goodness but like you a point away up north on a piss poor night at Preston with a clean sheet I’d have snapped your arm off!
Love the score you’ve given to Gordon!!
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 19:31]
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 20:28 - Feb 25 with 1777 viewsaston_hoop

What bothers me is that I'll forver share a birthday with Gordon now and his will always overshadow mine. Like a kid who has a birthday on Christmas day, do I get 2 sets of presents now? Can I choose another day to celebrate mine later in the year so as to not clash?

Great report anyway from very limited source material with that game

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 21:44 - Feb 25 with 1593 viewsterryb

Thank you Clive.

I couldn't understand how Sky had selected our game as their main match. It was obviously so that we could all celebrate his birthday. Like you, I got really p****d off with the continual references.

Also with the many (and I mean many) errors that Parry made!
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 22:09 - Feb 25 with 1536 viewsflynnbo

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 21:44 - Feb 25 by terryb

Thank you Clive.

I couldn't understand how Sky had selected our game as their main match. It was obviously so that we could all celebrate his birthday. Like you, I got really p****d off with the continual references.

Thought I'd heard him say Dom Wallace at one stage.
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 22:49 - Feb 25 with 1455 viewskensalriser

Excellent performance of the sniper in the crowd scene from Cunningham there, all the more impressive given the lack of an actual crowd harbouring the gunman.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 08:09 - Feb 26 with 1139 viewswestberksr

where was my birthday shout out!

I might be 53 and not be on loan from Everton, or look 12 years old. But other than that i should have got at least 5 mentions if the qualifying level was so low
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:22 - Feb 26 with 1035 viewsTheChef

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 21:44 - Feb 25 by terryb

Thank you Clive.

Parry signed off an abysmal night, as Kane shanked yet another cross behind, Parry mentioned something along the lines of 'Kane not able to deliver one of his trademark crosses on this occasion'.

I think had he paid attention to this game or any other, he'd have realised a shanked cross behind the goal is his trademark cross!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:54 - Feb 26 with 999 viewsAntti_Heinola

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:22 - Feb 26 by TheChef

Parry signed off an abysmal night, as Kane shanked yet another cross behind, Parry mentioned something along the lines of 'Kane not able to deliver one of his trademark crosses on this occasion'.

I think had he paid attention to this game or any other, he'd have realised a shanked cross behind the goal is his trademark cross!!

ah, leave Parry alone. He was probably just trying to be nice, and he must be getting on. I think he started commentating in the 80s. Always seems like a lovely fellow to me.
Fortunately i didn't realise it was the main sky game, so I'm baffled by all this - I was listening to Nick n' Sints and they oly mentioned the birthday fact three times.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:58 - Feb 26 with 987 viewsnix

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:54 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

ah, leave Parry alone. He was probably just trying to be nice, and he must be getting on. I think he started commentating in the 80s. Always seems like a lovely fellow to me.
Fortunately i didn't realise it was the main sky game, so I'm baffled by all this - I was listening to Nick n' Sints and they oly mentioned the birthday fact three times.

I've got adept at syncing the Sky pictures with the QPR commentary, so I never have to listen to Andy Hinchcliffe slagging us off again.

Happy birthday Anthony in case anyone forgot to mention it...
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:58 - Feb 26 with 987 viewsTheChef

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:54 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah I know, he's ancient, it's just annoying when commentators don't appear to do any homework on the matches they're covering.

Add to that not one of Kane's crosses reached a QPR player, so why they were still talking him up in the 92nd minute, I have no idea.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 10:02 - Feb 26 with 973 viewsMick_S

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 20:28 - Feb 25 by aston_hoop

What bothers me is that I'll forver share a birthday with Gordon now and his will always overshadow mine. Like a kid who has a birthday on Christmas day, do I get 2 sets of presents now? Can I choose another day to celebrate mine later in the year so as to not clash?

Great report anyway from very limited source material with that game

Mate, after Wednesday I wish it was my birthday.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 10:05 - Feb 26 with 967 viewsnix

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:58 - Feb 26 by TheChef

Yeah I know, he's ancient, it's just annoying when commentators don't appear to do any homework on the matches they're covering.

Add to that not one of Kane's crosses reached a QPR player, so why they were still talking him up in the 92nd minute, I have no idea.

Sky (all commentators?) always seem to use whatever research they've done beforehand, however irrelevant it turns out to be for the actual game at hand. They probably skimmed through Watford, Bournemouth and Brentford and now have Kane as the crosser par excellence. Whereas we know he's inconsistent but hardworking. When it comes off though it's great.
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 10:18 - Feb 26 with 939 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 09:58 - Feb 26 by nix

I've got adept at syncing the Sky pictures with the QPR commentary, so I never have to listen to Andy Hinchcliffe slagging us off again.

Happy birthday Anthony in case anyone forgot to mention it...

Ya, I'm the same Nix.

A pure joy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 10:27 - Feb 26 with 914 viewsderbyhoop

Given the frequency of games still to fit in (another 7 by March 20th) I suspect we'll see a lot more games of poor quality. Fatigue is starting to tell on clubs with smallish squads.
We only fielded 8 subs on Wednesday and the only ones missing and shortly available are De Wijs, Thomas (but not for long) and Bettache.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 16:21 - Feb 26 with 716 viewsPinnerPaul

Why listen to the Sky comms Clive when Andy/Nick are available?

6 for the ref - come on! 1 penalty appeal turned down that even you don't seem convinced about and erm...... didn't do much/anything wrong, not a difficult game to ref, but worth at least a 7 surely?
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:18 - Feb 26 with 681 viewsNorthernr

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 16:21 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Why listen to the Sky comms Clive when Andy/Nick are available?

6 for the ref - come on! 1 penalty appeal turned down that even you don't seem convinced about and erm...... didn't do much/anything wrong, not a difficult game to ref, but worth at least a 7 surely?

Over fussy in a game that didn't need it, and I thought the Chair thing was a penalty. He's got to the ball first, the lad didn't know he was there, kicked through his standing leg, nowehere near the ball, I was amazed there weren;t big appeals. But apparently I'm wrong.

On the coverage...
1 - Picture quality. It's a billion times better than what we can get on our wifi, because of the weird set up between the house we live in and the box at the end of the street.
2 - What else would I have written about? Good Sky bashing, another match report ticked off. 34 down, 14 to go. Nick and Andy are fcking brilliant.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:30 - Feb 26 with 646 viewsPinnerPaul

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:18 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Over fussy in a game that didn't need it, and I thought the Chair thing was a penalty. He's got to the ball first, the lad didn't know he was there, kicked through his standing leg, nowehere near the ball, I was amazed there weren;t big appeals. But apparently I'm wrong.

On the coverage...
1 - Picture quality. It's a billion times better than what we can get on our wifi, because of the weird set up between the house we live in and the box at the end of the street.
2 - What else would I have written about? Good Sky bashing, another match report ticked off. 34 down, 14 to go. Nick and Andy are fcking brilliant.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Chair pen - fair enough you thought it was a pen, nothing wrong with that, but no need to mark the ref down as not a major error.

Techy - Fair enough and I myself would get wound up by Sky comms I'm sure and of course the endless cutaways of AN were there on the offy as well!

Nick and Andy -, of course they are , actually Nick especially is much improved I think.

'Over fussy' - hmmmm maybe 1 free kick, the other one I think you might mean he was talking to Chair when PNE took the kick! Again if he moved 1/2 free kicks, a reason for a 6?

Don't think so.

You never did reply to my thread about should football have carried on, nearly all who did were glad it did, I guess you're not?

Keep up the good work - can't agree with everything - that would be boring, but doesn't mean I don't enjoy/read it!
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:36 - Feb 26 with 640 viewsNorthernr

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:30 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Chair pen - fair enough you thought it was a pen, nothing wrong with that, but no need to mark the ref down as not a major error.

Techy - Fair enough and I myself would get wound up by Sky comms I'm sure and of course the endless cutaways of AN were there on the offy as well!

Nick and Andy -, of course they are , actually Nick especially is much improved I think.

'Over fussy' - hmmmm maybe 1 free kick, the other one I think you might mean he was talking to Chair when PNE took the kick! Again if he moved 1/2 free kicks, a reason for a 6?

Don't think so.

You never did reply to my thread about should football have carried on, nearly all who did were glad it did, I guess you're not?

Keep up the good work - can't agree with everything - that would be boring, but doesn't mean I don't enjoy/read it!

I had a quick look for it and couldn't find it TBH.

I think they've done incredibly well to get a season completed, which vindicates them starting. And I don't think it's realistic to have expected the TV companies to have just kept forking over the extortionate rights fees for no action, so I can see why it had to.

I think it was stupid to start without a clear vote on a set of rules for what happens if... we have to stop after 20 games... we have to stop after 30 games... we have to stop after 40 games... and so on. That left them absolutely wide open to a repeat of last season, where Wycombe vote to end the season because they benefit from PPG, but Peterborough don't because they don't. They've been incredibly lucky to get away with that, and below the EFL it's absolute carnage now where the Conference is basically trying to drag itself to a farcical conclusion purely because Notts County and/or Torquay might be able to get back into the league.

I also think it was stupid to just think you could do an already hideously over-populated calendar in a reduced period of time, and I think you're now seeing that although they are providing a product to the broadcasters for the money, it's a vastly devalued, almost unwatchable dirge or tired players slogging away on battered pitches. At the very, very least there should have been no League Cup or EFL Trophy this year. I think the EFL divisions will be largely decided over the next few weeks by biggest squads and last men standing. I can count on the fingers of one hand the genuinely good games I've seen, and I watch EFL A LOT.
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:37 - Feb 26 with 639 viewsNorthernr

And on reflection you're probably right about the referee and I've bumped him to a 7.
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:39 - Feb 26 with 635 viewsPinnerPaul

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:36 - Feb 26 by Northernr

I had a quick look for it and couldn't find it TBH.

I think they've done incredibly well to get a season completed, which vindicates them starting. And I don't think it's realistic to have expected the TV companies to have just kept forking over the extortionate rights fees for no action, so I can see why it had to.

I think it was stupid to start without a clear vote on a set of rules for what happens if... we have to stop after 20 games... we have to stop after 30 games... we have to stop after 40 games... and so on. That left them absolutely wide open to a repeat of last season, where Wycombe vote to end the season because they benefit from PPG, but Peterborough don't because they don't. They've been incredibly lucky to get away with that, and below the EFL it's absolute carnage now where the Conference is basically trying to drag itself to a farcical conclusion purely because Notts County and/or Torquay might be able to get back into the league.

I also think it was stupid to just think you could do an already hideously over-populated calendar in a reduced period of time, and I think you're now seeing that although they are providing a product to the broadcasters for the money, it's a vastly devalued, almost unwatchable dirge or tired players slogging away on battered pitches. At the very, very least there should have been no League Cup or EFL Trophy this year. I think the EFL divisions will be largely decided over the next few weeks by biggest squads and last men standing. I can count on the fingers of one hand the genuinely good games I've seen, and I watch EFL A LOT.

Very fair all that.

You know what, come September and we're viewing 'normal' games again with a crowd, I agree, we might all look back at this season and say " What WERE we doing there?!"
Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:41 - Feb 26 with 632 viewsPinnerPaul

Anthony Gordon marks 20th birthday with ceremonial football match — Report on 17:37 - Feb 26 by Northernr

And on reflection you're probably right about the referee and I've bumped him to a 7.

That's very fair - ta!

His Mum will be pleased as well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024