Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
35 years today 06:49 - Mar 31 with 1520 viewsloftboy

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

35 years today on 07:34 - Mar 31 with 1475 viewsThe_Beast1976

Was just going to post the same thing. Can't believe it's been 35 years. Seems like yesterday. Time flies
35 years today on 08:10 - Mar 31 with 1437 viewsloftus77

Can still remember the School End chanting 'Chel*** aggro' at 5-0. Happy, carefree memories...
35 years today on 08:57 - Mar 31 with 1371 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Edit - ignore me, I'm beginning to lose my marbles.

[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 9:24]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

35 years today on 09:08 - Mar 31 with 1347 viewsMrSheen

No more "35 years today" threads for a few weeks, PLEASE!
35 years today on 09:23 - Mar 31 with 1315 viewsBrianMcCarthy

35 years today on 09:08 - Mar 31 by MrSheen

Yes.
Good point!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

35 years today on 09:41 - Mar 31 with 1276 viewsfrancisbowles

Pleasant surprise when I saw the subject matter, thought it was going to be 'a downer'.
35 years today on 09:47 - Mar 31 with 1266 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My first game.

It's been downhill ever since.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

35 years today on 10:09 - Mar 31 with 1226 viewsCamberleyR

What a fantastic 21st birthday present that was!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

35 years today on 10:52 - Mar 31 with 1184 viewsSnipper

It was my 19th birthday. Best birthday present ever :-)).
35 years today on 11:11 - Mar 31 with 1153 viewsW7Ranger

Not until 21st April at least.
35 years today on 11:25 - Mar 31 with 1138 viewsstowmarketrange

Is that our best result for the last 35 years?I’d say yes because they were supposedly going for the title that year.Maybe the result at Man Utd is up there with it too.
I’d also say it was 2nd only to 1967 in the greatest results in our history.
35 years today on 11:48 - Mar 31 with 1117 viewswelwynranger

The scum first attack was offside.
Shouts of boring boring Rangers.
Closely followed by Rangers first attack a goal.
That shut the bas***da up.
Then we started singing the Blues.
Great day.
Just reminded me how old I am .
35 years today on 12:05 - Mar 31 with 1110 viewsCamberleyR

35 years today on 11:25 - Mar 31 by stowmarketrange

Is that our best result for the last 35 years?I’d say yes because they were supposedly going for the title that year.Maybe the result at Man Utd is up there with it too.
I’d also say it was 2nd only to 1967 in the greatest results in our history.

A close run thing between the two results. I'd say the Man Utd result just shades it given they were even at that stage of the season looking like champions elect, though any thrashing of the filth is to be cherished and celebrated.

Looking at the state of the league tables before the two games, on the 31st December 1991, Man U were top by two points and had two games in hand over second placed Leeds. They had only lost one game all season and conceded just 14 goals and only 3 at home.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-one/31-december-1991/

On the 30th March 1986, ch*ls** were fourth, seven points behind leaders Everton who had played two games more than them. Eventual champions Liverpool were second and five points in front of 'that lot from Fulham' (to use a Gilhamism) but Liverpool had played three games more.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-one/30-march-1986/
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 12:09]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

35 years today on 12:11 - Mar 31 with 1096 viewsQPRSteve

For some reason I was on my own for that game and sat up in the South Africa Road Stand at the Loft End. When the first goal went in very few of us in that area jumped up to celebrate - it was all Chelsea in there. With about 20 minutes of the game left in was near empty
35 years today on 12:18 - Mar 31 with 1080 viewsW7Ranger

35 years today on 12:05 - Mar 31 by CamberleyR

A close run thing between the two results. I'd say the Man Utd result just shades it given they were even at that stage of the season looking like champions elect, though any thrashing of the filth is to be cherished and celebrated.

Looking at the state of the league tables before the two games, on the 31st December 1991, Man U were top by two points and had two games in hand over second placed Leeds. They had only lost one game all season and conceded just 14 goals and only 3 at home.

On the 30th March 1986, ch*ls** were fourth, seven points behind leaders Everton who had played two games more than them. Eventual champions Liverpool were second and five points in front of 'that lot from Fulham' (to use a Gilhamism) but Liverpool had played three games more.

What about the 3-1 at Anfield. Their first home defeat of the season in March. Derailed their title hopes which subsequently went to Arsenal.
35 years today on 12:21 - Mar 31 with 1073 viewsstowmarketrange

35 years today on 12:05 - Mar 31 by CamberleyR

I remember Denis Law being in shock at ht as he assumed it would be an easy win for Utd.And luckily I recorded the whole match on video.It was still a bit of a novelty to see our team live on the tv back in those days,so I decided to record it.
35 years today on 12:41 - Mar 31 with 1051 viewsrrrspricey

I'd forgotten what a great goal John Byrne's 1st was
35 years today on 12:46 - Mar 31 with 1047 viewsW7Ranger

35 years today on 12:21 - Mar 31 by stowmarketrange

I remember Denis Law being in shock at ht as he assumed it would be an easy win for Utd.And luckily I recorded the whole match on video.It was still a bit of a novelty to see our team live on the tv back in those days,so I decided to record it.

I recall Law blaming the wind.

And Elton Welsby saying at HT that it could easily have been 4!!
35 years today on 19:18 - Mar 31 with 948 viewsManinBlack

I am sure West Ham won 4-0 at the Bridge in the game before we hit six so they probably lost their self belief and didn't relish playing on our AstroTurf. They seemed to fall apart after the first goal.

The 3-1 at Liverpool was particularly impressive as they had won 7-1 at Derby in the previous game.

Man Utd speaks for itself being live and everyone expecting us to be rolled over. It is a shame that we never won away to either of them since. In fact I suspect that was the last victory over United home or away.
35 years today on 20:21 - Mar 31 with 913 viewsCiderwithRsie

35 years today on 19:18 - Mar 31 by ManinBlack

I am sure West Ham won 4-0 at the Bridge in the game before we hit six so they probably lost their self belief and didn't relish playing on our AstroTurf. They seemed to fall apart after the first goal.

The 3-1 at Liverpool was particularly impressive as they had won 7-1 at Derby in the previous game.

Man Utd speaks for itself being live and everyone expecting us to be rolled over. It is a shame that we never won away to either of them since. In fact I suspect that was the last victory over United home or away.

Pretty sure you're right about the West Ham thing because I was p**d off that a lot of the match reports went on about them shipping 10 goals in the Easter weekend which, while hilarious, felt like it was devaluing our win when as people have said they genuinely thought they were in with a shout to win the league that year.

Especially as If I remember rightly we had drawn 3-3 at Oxford so you could equally well have said the big story was us scoring 9 in the weekend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024