Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever roads driven on 12:28 - Jul 17 with 4531 viewsenfieldargh

Most beautiful roads for scenery I've been on.

Nan Province: Lon Fah Road 1256 from Pua to Salt lakes on highway 1081 close to Thai-Laos border.

Amazing scenery with winding roads up and down hills into valleys all surrounded by jungle covered mountains. Go off season as tourists tend to park their cars on blind bends to take photos.

UK love the route from Pitlochry to Aberdeen A924/B950/A93 and as many off shoot routes as I can find

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Best ever roads driven on on 12:33 - Jul 17 with 2546 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A9 and surrounding B roads of Loch Shin etc.
Best ever roads driven on on 12:40 - Jul 17 with 2529 viewsMick_S

The North Coast route in Northern Ireland. Every weather imaginable in a few hours.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Best ever roads driven on on 13:02 - Jul 17 with 2495 viewsMrSheen

In Britain, the A68 over Hadrian's Wall and over the border to Jedburgh and on towards Edinburgh.

In Ireland, the Skellig Ring between Ballinskelligs and Portmagee.

Anywhere else, the Tranfagararasan Highway over the Carpathians in Romania.

Best ever roads driven on on 13:07 - Jul 17 with 2482 viewsenfieldargh

Best ever roads driven on on 13:02 - Jul 17 by MrSheen

In Britain, the A68 over Hadrian's Wall and over the border to Jedburgh and on towards Edinburgh.

In Ireland, the Skellig Ring between Ballinskelligs and Portmagee.

Anywhere else, the Tranfagararasan Highway over the Carpathians in Romania.

Love the A68, better than an Alton Towers ride

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Best ever roads driven on on 13:12 - Jul 17 with 2477 viewsdistortR

Not the most spectacular, but not bad for a Wednesday commute!

https://images.app.goo.gl/dMDEd19et1H6FckdA
Best ever roads driven on on 13:37 - Jul 17 with 2431 viewsLongsufferingR

Amalfi Coast. Scary but beautiful.
Best ever roads driven on on 13:49 - Jul 17 with 2412 viewsstowmarketrange

Can I mention the A14 from Felixstowe to the M1/M6,or should I save that for the worst roads driven on thread?

One day I plan to travel the whole of Route 66,so I guess it will be that one.Not the A66 one though.
Best ever roads driven on on 13:57 - Jul 17 with 2404 viewsMrSheen

Best ever roads driven on on 13:49 - Jul 17 by stowmarketrange

Can I mention the A14 from Felixstowe to the M1/M6,or should I save that for the worst roads driven on thread?

One day I plan to travel the whole of Route 66,so I guess it will be that one.Not the A66 one though.

The A12 should be on that list, the closest you’ll get here to the terror of an Italian autostrada.
Login to get fewer ads

Best ever roads driven on on 14:02 - Jul 17 with 2396 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

1. The Great Ocean Road in Victoria Australia. I did about half of it in 1999 with a few friends.

2. Gran Canaria on a lads holiday about 2004/05. One day we escaped the pool and the bars and hired a couple of open top jeep things and drove around to the North side of the Island. Then drove back through the centre of the island, up over the towering mountains and volcanos. It was epic.

3. West Dorset hills. Some lovely driving around there.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Best ever roads driven on on 14:05 - Jul 17 with 2384 viewsstowmarketrange

Best ever roads driven on on 13:57 - Jul 17 by MrSheen

The A12 should be on that list, the closest you’ll get here to the terror of an Italian autostrada.

The M25 tends to be a bit like that too,especially the northern section from around J23 to the M4.It is mostly 4 lanes,but it needs to be about 6 lanes.
Best ever roads driven on on 14:31 - Jul 17 with 2364 viewsLoftgirl

Loftus Road.
Best ever roads driven on on 14:39 - Jul 17 with 2356 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Best ever roads driven on on 14:31 - Jul 17 by Loftgirl

Loftus Road.

It’s a bit of a dead end that one…
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 15:25]

Best ever roads driven on on 14:43 - Jul 17 with 2341 viewsstowmarketrange

Best ever roads driven on on 14:02 - Jul 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

1. The Great Ocean Road in Victoria Australia. I did about half of it in 1999 with a few friends.

2. Gran Canaria on a lads holiday about 2004/05. One day we escaped the pool and the bars and hired a couple of open top jeep things and drove around to the North side of the Island. Then drove back through the centre of the island, up over the towering mountains and volcanos. It was epic.

I did part of the great ocean road from Melbourne 4 years ago,but as I was driving I didn’t get the best views.We went to those rocks in your picture,and it really made for some great photos.
I hear that the Californian coast road is quite spectacular too,so might be an added option after finishing Route 66,if there is enough money left on my plastic friend.
Best ever roads driven on on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 2322 viewsBoston

Best ever roads driven on on 14:39 - Jul 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

It’s a bit of a dead end that one…
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 15:25]

Dead end it may be, but Batman’s close.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Best ever roads driven on on 15:23 - Jul 17 with 2298 viewsthompsonridd

The Ice Fields Parkway in the Canadian Rockies.....STUNNING!!
Best ever roads driven on on 15:55 - Jul 17 with 2256 viewshantssi

M27 between Fareham and Southampton during the roadworks that have been on for the past 3 years!
Other than that, try the Hardnott Pass in the Lake District.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 16:03]
Best ever roads driven on on 16:01 - Jul 17 with 2245 viewsmarky67

pch 1 in california, drove to los angelas along there from las vegas, stopping over in big sur for a couple of nights. stunning views over the pacific ocean.
Best ever roads driven on on 16:20 - Jul 17 with 2210 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another vote for the Pacific Coast.

Loved the Ligurian Coast around Portafino and Cinque Terra.

Would also throw in Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way - West Cork, Kerry, Clare, Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Donegal are all stunning.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best ever roads driven on on 16:48 - Jul 17 with 2181 viewsderbyhoop

Best ever roads driven on on 14:02 - Jul 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

A seconder for the Great Ocean Road.

Went all the way from Adelaide to Melbourne, with a couple of stops en route.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Best ever roads driven on on 17:01 - Jul 17 with 2161 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Best ever roads driven on on 16:48 - Jul 17 by derbyhoop

A seconder for the Great Ocean Road.

Went all the way from Adelaide to Melbourne, with a couple of stops en route.

We did the bit nearer Melbourne and stayed overnight in or near Port Fairy. Next day we drove inland to the Grampian Mountains. Visited the Elephant Hide rock (called so because it looks like the arse end of an Elephant - which it did), then up to the Moora Moora reservoir, before driving back to Melbourne.

Speaking of roads I'm off for a bike ride!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 17:02]

Best ever roads driven on on 17:10 - Jul 17 with 2141 viewsrrrspricey

Not technically a road but the best bit of tarmac I've ever riden on and the closest to 200mph I ever got!

I give you Mugello, nestled deep in the Tuscan countryside.

Best ever roads driven on on 17:59 - Jul 17 with 2090 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Best ever roads driven on on 16:01 - Jul 17 by marky67

pch 1 in california, drove to los angelas along there from las vegas, stopping over in big sur for a couple of nights. stunning views over the pacific ocean.

Big Sur north to south a great trip, done it a few times all the way down from San Fran to Los Angeles and San Diego.

La Paz to Corico - statistically the worlds most dangerous road and the only road on mainland South America that’s driven on the left. Cycled down, bused back up utterly incredible. Basically anything on the south island of NZ.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Best ever roads driven on on 18:17 - Jul 17 with 2068 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best ever roads driven on on 17:59 - Jul 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Big Sur north to south a great trip, done it a few times all the way down from San Fran to Los Angeles and San Diego.

La Paz to Corico - statistically the worlds most dangerous road and the only road on mainland South America that’s driven on the left. Cycled down, bused back up utterly incredible. Basically anything on the south island of NZ.

Great shout on New Zealand's South Island.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best ever roads driven on on 18:42 - Jul 17 with 2049 viewsHantsR

Best ever roads driven on on 17:59 - Jul 17 by PlanetHonneywood

The road going down from LA Paz airport (1200ft ?) to La Paz city was breathtaking - pity the crazy driver couldn't have taken it a bit easier at 6 am. Looking down on the La Paz crater with the snow-capped mountain (Illimani?) as backdrop was quite stunning.
Best ever roads driven on on 18:52 - Jul 17 with 2037 viewsJuzzie

Best ever roads driven on on 13:37 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

Amalfi Coast. Scary but beautiful.

Did that with my then girlfriend on the back of a scooter!
Suffice to say when we got back we had a slap up meal and a lot if beer & wine.
Really enjoyed it in a kamikaze kind of way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024