Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell and Odubajo 21:37 - Jul 24 with 5059 viewsBklynRanger

Thought he looked very promising today - like he'd been in that position for us for far more than a few weeks. Good awareness, making space for himself, excellent passing. Even I could see it.

Odubajo was quality too in a similar way. And he had another gear if needed. His obvious joy at the goal was great to see in a ground that's been so dormant for so long. Actually that was the main thing I felt siting there tbh - cannot believe what we've all been through, many worse than others.

Dozzell and Odubajo on 21:46 - Jul 24 with 4999 viewsdanehoop

Just think 2 months ago Dozzell had a disappointing season in league 1 and Odubajo was released from a very very poor Wednesday seemingly destined for relegation before Christmas.

I think they have probably surprised themselves though in how quickly they have been fully integrated into the side. Now they are both playing in rapidly improving Championship side which has just beaten Man Utd soundly and will be looking for a top 6 finish, playing some delightful football.

Think they will both be happy with their career choices at the moment.

Never knowingly understood

Dozzell and Odubajo on 21:56 - Jul 24 with 4937 viewsbosh67

I thought both looked really comfortable with the system and way of playing. Both very assured. Odubajo, blimey if his left foot is like that just imagine what his right foot can do.

I believe we have signed Odubanjo now.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:06]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dozzell and Odubajo on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 4860 viewsBklynRanger

Dozzell and Odubajo on 21:56 - Jul 24 by bosh67

I thought both looked really comfortable with the system and way of playing. Both very assured. Odubajo, blimey if his left foot is like that just imagine what his right foot can do.

I believe we have signed Odubanjo now.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:06]

Banjo didn't seem to get mentioned properly as just signing I thought, though I may have missed something. I wondered if he was still on trial, so if not great.

Archer didn't get mentioned for the second half subs either.

Les out.
Dozzell and Odubajo on 22:52 - Jul 24 with 4709 viewsBlackCrowe

Odubajo looked flipping great. What's the score with him....on trial? If so, does that mean we've got him if we want him?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dozzell and Odubajo on 22:57 - Jul 24 with 4676 viewsaston_hoop

Dozzell and Odubajo on 22:52 - Jul 24 by BlackCrowe

Odubajo looked flipping great. What's the score with him....on trial? If so, does that mean we've got him if we want him?

Nick London on comms said that both parties want to get the deal done but not signed yet.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dozzell and Odubajo on 23:03 - Jul 24 with 4624 viewsted_hendrix

Sometimes a change of clubs can motivate a player to better things, not saying this is the case here but we can only hope for the best.

I'm always cautious with new signings and results always look to give them about 5 games or so.

Don't want to put a damper on todays performance or result and I'm not, the way I see it is If I smoked a pipe I'd have lit it at about 5.00pm, stroked me chin and had a Condor moment whilst wearing slippers and a nice cardigan.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dozzell and Odubajo on 00:21 - Jul 25 with 4374 viewsDavieQPR

Moses has always been a good player just got a bad injury record. Still if we sign him we might make a prophet.
Dozzell and Odubajo on 05:45 - Jul 25 with 4137 viewsbosh67

Moses was orphaned at 13 and was brought up only by his older brother, Tom from that age. Massive credit to his brother who is also a footballer. As I said above, I believe the contract is signed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell and Odubajo on 06:36 - Jul 25 with 4072 viewsArcticHoop

Dozzell and Odubajo on 05:45 - Jul 25 by bosh67

Moses was orphaned at 13 and was brought up only by his older brother, Tom from that age. Massive credit to his brother who is also a footballer. As I said above, I believe the contract is signed.

In his post-match interview Warbs pretty much confirmed Odubajo signing without asking
Dozzell and Odubajo on 09:02 - Jul 25 with 3738 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As for Dozzell: the son of a mate of mine recently met Uncle Albert, and he was singing the praises of Dozzell said he was ‘the real deal!’

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dozzell and Odubajo on 09:35 - Jul 25 with 3644 viewsdistortR

Dozzell and Odubajo on 21:46 - Jul 24 by danehoop

Just think 2 months ago Dozzell had a disappointing season in league 1 and Odubajo was released from a very very poor Wednesday seemingly destined for relegation before Christmas.

I think they have probably surprised themselves though in how quickly they have been fully integrated into the side. Now they are both playing in rapidly improving Championship side which has just beaten Man Utd soundly and will be looking for a top 6 finish, playing some delightful football.

Think they will both be happy with their career choices at the moment.

It's also about the ability of our management team to pick players who will fit into our system, who can develop and who have the right attitude.

Loving it, from top to bottom, on the pitch, off the pitch, just loving it.
Dozzell and Odubajo on 10:25 - Jul 25 with 3459 viewsrsonist

Dozzell and Odubajo on 09:35 - Jul 25 by distortR

It's also about the ability of our management team to pick players who will fit into our system, who can develop and who have the right attitude.

Loving it, from top to bottom, on the pitch, off the pitch, just loving it.

When the Odubajo rumour came out I was initially underwhelmed (with a side of jobs for the boys wariness) but it's a good example of how received wisdoms build up in football. The narrative was that he used to be a great player and not the same since injury - then you read deeper between the lines and, while Wednesday fans still have nothing good to say about him, I couldn't actually see any mention of his injuries being chronic and recurring, or of his pace being diminished as a result. So where's the problem really been?

Meanwhile SWFC remain barren, mismanaged soil where no player has flourished in recent years, and their fans even in response to yesterday criticise him for being a poor defender... when played in a back four, or even as makeshift third CB..

Last word to their own former player Kieran Westwood, in a since-deleted tweet:

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 10:26]
Dozzell and Odubajo on 10:26 - Jul 25 with 3459 viewsCamberleyR

With his goal yesterday, Moses certainly parted the Red Sea in front of him.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell and Odubajo on 10:40 - Jul 25 with 3402 viewskernowhoop

Dozzell and Odubajo on 10:26 - Jul 25 by CamberleyR

With his goal yesterday, Moses certainly parted the Red Sea in front of him.

Lovely!
Dozzell and Odubajo on 10:40 - Jul 25 with 3400 viewsdistortR

Dozzell and Odubajo on 10:25 - Jul 25 by rsonist

When the Odubajo rumour came out I was initially underwhelmed (with a side of jobs for the boys wariness) but it's a good example of how received wisdoms build up in football. The narrative was that he used to be a great player and not the same since injury - then you read deeper between the lines and, while Wednesday fans still have nothing good to say about him, I couldn't actually see any mention of his injuries being chronic and recurring, or of his pace being diminished as a result. So where's the problem really been?

Meanwhile SWFC remain barren, mismanaged soil where no player has flourished in recent years, and their fans even in response to yesterday criticise him for being a poor defender... when played in a back four, or even as makeshift third CB..

Last word to their own former player Kieran Westwood, in a since-deleted tweet:

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 10:26]

We've been through it, haven't we?
players with big reps bought and then asked to play in a totally different system, or bought just before we change the manager and no overview of player recruitment/playing system.
This is a Rangers team that improves players, and part of that is surely how they mesh with the other players in the unit. Which, I guess, is something you really need to understand before buying.
Poor Luke Freeman.
Dozzell and Odubajo on 12:36 - Jul 25 with 3178 viewsBlackCrowe

Don't get a headache about it - and if you do, Moses has got a couple of tablets.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dozzell and Odubajo on 23:32 - Jul 25 with 2543 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

All puns aside...

Dozzell played a blinder i thought😎

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024