Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forever R s 18:43 - Oct 15 with 2986 viewspaulhoop2

Just seen the full list of inductees . Most I agree with but the following really ???

Lee Harper
Chris Kiwomya
Ian Baraclough
Peter Ramage
Tony Thorpe
Karl Ready
Paul Murray
Hogan Ephraim
Tommy Smith

Now I know this may start a fierce debate but those I’ve named I can’t see what they have done to warrant a place? I know Smith and Ramage were part of the promotion season but they did not play a massive part I know ready played a lot of games but again what did he do to deserve a place in this? Will we be inducting Vinny Jones and Ruddock for saving us from relegation lol feel free to correct me if you wish . Mind would like to an interview with Clive for Ready and Kiwomya

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Forever R s on 19:02 - Oct 15 with 2398 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This comes up every now and then on here. Forever R's is not a 'Hall of Fame'. It's just a collection of former players that have retired from playing. Invited back for a match/beer/wine/meal, have a chat with Andy Sinton on the pitch. That's it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Forever R s on 19:09 - Oct 15 with 2351 viewsenfieldargh

Irrespective of how good a player they were they all wore our shirt, represented the club and gave their all for the team.

You wont find Jose Boswanka ever inducted because....... none of the above

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Forever R s on 19:13 - Oct 15 with 2329 viewsdaveB

For starters it's not a hall of fame so how good they were as players isn't really important.
They all played for QPR, some for several years so all welcome to be part of this which is just a way of giving something back to former players. Some of those players won promotions with us, Karl Ready was player of the year and club captain, Smith and Ephraim played a big part on that Warnock promotion season, both scored some vital goals for us, Smith got the goal which won us promotion. Also some did a lot of work in the community and represented the club well. All of them fully deserve to be in there imo
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 19:13]
Forever R s on 19:15 - Oct 15 with 2305 viewsqueensparker

Forever R s on 19:13 - Oct 15 by daveB

For starters it's not a hall of fame so how good they were as players isn't really important.
They all played for QPR, some for several years so all welcome to be part of this which is just a way of giving something back to former players. Some of those players won promotions with us, Karl Ready was player of the year and club captain, Smith and Ephraim played a big part on that Warnock promotion season, both scored some vital goals for us, Smith got the goal which won us promotion. Also some did a lot of work in the community and represented the club well. All of them fully deserve to be in there imo
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 19:13]

Fair play to Karl Ready for his appearances for the club and that, and don’t want to knock the fella, but was he really player of the year? Jesus must have blocked that from the memory
Forever R s on 19:24 - Oct 15 with 2276 viewsdaveB

Forever R s on 19:15 - Oct 15 by queensparker

Fair play to Karl Ready for his appearances for the club and that, and don’t want to knock the fella, but was he really player of the year? Jesus must have blocked that from the memory

He won it in 97/98 mainly as we were absolutely shit that season and most fans voted for Mark Kennedy but they didn't want to give it to a player who was only here for a month
Forever R s on 19:29 - Oct 15 with 2258 viewspaulhoop2

I just think it should be Kept to those special players we cherish for years and years. Not knocking anyone who’s played for us previously ( bosigwa exempted lol ) but I just think it would mean more if a player played a certain amount of games / achieved something whilst with us. On the flip side who would you have inducted that has yet to be ?

Forever R s on 19:48 - Oct 15 with 2197 viewsPunteR

Ramage played his heart out plus was a top fella that did a lot of community work for the club. Sat in a barbers in Ascot both getting our hair cut and chatting QPR is something i look back on fondly. A forever R in my book.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Forever R s on 20:23 - Oct 15 with 2113 viewsHarbour

The forever Rs club is a very special thing the club has done for former players who have served the club. It’s done with dignity and respect and giving those ex players a day they will never forget. If Andy and the club think the players are due this act of thanks and respect then that works for me. We have had some very memorable tributes the Dave Thomas tribute was very moving. Well done Rangers keep up the good work and a big thank you to the players inducted to the forever Rs club.
Login to get fewer ads

Forever R s on 21:10 - Oct 15 with 2038 viewsSimonD

Forever R s on 19:48 - Oct 15 by PunteR

Ramage played his heart out plus was a top fella that did a lot of community work for the club. Sat in a barbers in Ascot both getting our hair cut and chatting QPR is something i look back on fondly. A forever R in my book.

Just to add to this, Ramage tore his knee ligaments playing for us but struggled on as best he could as we'd already used all 3 substitutes and he refused to leave us a player short. On his return to the club when on loan at Barnsley, our crowd gave him a standing ovation when he left the field in recognition of his efforts on our behalf. Whatever criteria anyone is looking for in an inductee in the Forever R's, Rambo had it in spades.
Forever R s on 22:47 - Oct 15 with 1924 viewsDorse

Still George Kulcsar waits for the call...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Forever R s on 22:59 - Oct 15 with 1906 viewsdaveB

Forever R s on 19:29 - Oct 15 by paulhoop2

I just think it should be Kept to those special players we cherish for years and years. Not knocking anyone who’s played for us previously ( bosigwa exempted lol ) but I just think it would mean more if a player played a certain amount of games / achieved something whilst with us. On the flip side who would you have inducted that has yet to be ?

trouble is if you did that the people inducted would be very limited
Forever R s on 23:08 - Oct 15 with 1893 viewspaulhoop2

Fair dos I take everyone’s valid points. Just when looking through it was a shock to see those from that dreadful 00 / 01 team.

Surprised Matthew rose is not in there or Jamie Cureton he played a small part in getting promoted. Simon Royce is worth a shout too.

Forever R s on 23:42 - Oct 15 with 1855 viewsNortholt_Rs

Forever R s on 21:10 - Oct 15 by SimonD

Just to add to this, Ramage tore his knee ligaments playing for us but struggled on as best he could as we'd already used all 3 substitutes and he refused to leave us a player short. On his return to the club when on loan at Barnsley, our crowd gave him a standing ovation when he left the field in recognition of his efforts on our behalf. Whatever criteria anyone is looking for in an inductee in the Forever R's, Rambo had it in spades.

Great post mate.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Forever R s on 00:07 - Oct 16 with 1813 viewsSuperhoop83

Forever R s on 21:10 - Oct 15 by SimonD

Agree 100%.

Just looked up his stats and Ramage played more matches for us than any other club. I had no idea that was the case.

I have no issue with any of the players listed and some were great for us, including Paul Murray and Tony Thorpe.

Suffering since 1978.

Forever R s on 00:35 - Oct 16 with 1777 viewsstainrods_elbow

I think it would be amusing to have a pantomime villain-style alternate version - I guess it could be called Forever Arse! They get walked onto the pitch, heckled and booed, given a lunch of tripe, pelted with bad eggs in some blue and white stocks, and kicked in the goolies by Andy Sinton to the sound of Madness' 'Embarrassment'.

My nominations (in descending order of contempt):

Vinnie Jones
Jose Boswanker
Joey Barton
Mark Hateley
Julio Cesar
Chris Samba
SWP
Ned Zelic
Leon Jeanne
Alessandro Pellicori
Tomer Hemed
Tamas Priskin
Brett Angell
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 0:38]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Forever R s on 00:44 - Oct 16 with 1772 viewsBoston

Forever R s on 22:59 - Oct 15 by daveB

trouble is if you did that the people inducted would be very limited

Well, reading the thread, limitations are not an issue when it comes to joining Forever R's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Forever R s on 01:06 - Oct 16 with 1745 viewsLoftgirl

Forever R s on 00:35 - Oct 16 by stainrods_elbow

I think it would be amusing to have a pantomime villain-style alternate version - I guess it could be called Forever Arse! They get walked onto the pitch, heckled and booed, given a lunch of tripe, pelted with bad eggs in some blue and white stocks, and kicked in the goolies by Andy Sinton to the sound of Madness' 'Embarrassment'.

Vinnie Jones
Jose Boswanker
Joey Barton
Mark Hateley
Julio Cesar
Chris Samba
SWP
Ned Zelic
Leon Jeanne
Alessandro Pellicori
Tomer Hemed
Tamas Priskin
Brett Angell

Possibly an honourable mention for Gurnham Singh.
Forever R s on 08:59 - Oct 16 with 1553 viewsNortholt_Rs

Vinnie Jones
Jose Boswanker
Joey Barton
Mark Hateley
Julio Cesar
Chris Samba
SWP
Ned Zelic
Leon Jeanne
Alessandro Pellicori
Tomer Hemed
Tamas Priskin
Brett Angell

Hughesless….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Forever R s on 09:03 - Oct 16 with 1542 viewsloneranger1

Great to see that Kiyan Prince is on there, of course. Was Ray Jones on there, too? I couldn't see his name but was expecting him to be on there...
Forever R s on 09:07 - Oct 16 with 1533 viewsdistortR

Vinnie Jones
Jose Boswanker
Joey Barton
Mark Hateley
Julio Cesar
Chris Samba
SWP
Ned Zelic
Leon Jeanne
Alessandro Pellicori
Tomer Hemed
Tamas Priskin
Brett Angell

the QPR Hall of Shite

i nominate qblock pete's drum
Forever R s on 09:47 - Oct 16 with 1484 viewsterryb

in my view EVERYONE who has played for Queens Park Rangers should heve been automatically inducted unto Forever R's.

That shouldn't stop players being invited back & introduced to the crowd as they currently do. Mind you, there is little pont of the halftime interview until they have sorted out the sound system!
Forever R s on 09:47 - Oct 16 with 1482 viewsbosh67

Peter Ramage did so much behind the scenes for this club, he fully deserves his spot.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Forever R s on 10:06 - Oct 16 with 1452 viewsEsox_Lucius

Karl Ready came back to watch his team from the terraces when he hung up his boots. Certainly deserving of support, and induction into the Forever R's.

The grass is always greener.

Forever R s on 10:18 - Oct 16 with 1430 viewsQPR_Jim

Forever R s on 00:07 - Oct 16 by Superhoop83

Agree 100%.

Just looked up his stats and Ramage played more matches for us than any other club. I had no idea that was the case.

I have no issue with any of the players listed and some were great for us, including Paul Murray and Tony Thorpe.

I always liked Paul Murray, thought he was one of our better players at the time. Ramage always gave maximum effort, seemed to be fairly consistent too.

Any player who's willing to come back and spend their time supporting the club/being interviewed is fine by me.
Forever R s on 10:47 - Oct 16 with 1389 viewsSK_hoops

Jamie Pollock should go on there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024