Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Kane Offside 15:05 - Jan 13 with 3036 viewsPinnerPaul

I may have to apologise to my 'friends' on here, who I may have criticised for not knowing the "rules" of football at times.

If you have a minute or two just read the comments on here, some are priceless!

Harry Kane Offside on 15:45 - Jan 13 with 2198 viewsEsox_Lucius

That was surreal reading.

The grass is always greener.

Harry Kane Offside on 15:47 - Jan 13 with 2194 viewsQPR_John

Tried to work out the thinking behind some of those replies but just gave up
Harry Kane Offside on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 2125 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'd love to see a trial tournament with the offside removed altogether.
Harry Kane Offside on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 2131 viewsEsox_Lucius

Harry Kane Offside on 15:47 - Jan 13 by QPR_John

Tried to work out the thinking behind some of those replies but just gave up

"It's a stupid "rule" they should get rid of it" Wow, just wow.

The grass is always greener.

Harry Kane Offside on 16:08 - Jan 13 with 2110 viewsMick_S

Harry Kane Offside on 16:00 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'd love to see a trial tournament with the offside removed altogether.

I’d love that. Is there a professional term for “goalhanger” which was just about the worst thing you could be accused of when you are 9 years old. It just meant that you were s hit and lazy.

I’m in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Harry Kane Offside on 16:13 - Jan 13 with 2095 viewsLongsufferingR

Had to stop reading those replies half way through as I was about to throw my monitor through the window.
Harry Kane Offside on 16:14 - Jan 13 with 2092 viewsjoe90

I think many of those confused by this can't get there head around the last man not being the keeper.

I was at the game last night. Spurs were so bad, we could have run circles around them!

Side note: Lovely stadium, but awful atmosphere. Spurs are a club devoid of any character and it really shows. The behaviour of some of the fans was truly embarrassing.

I've been to Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs this season and it's been like being in a grotty strip club on a stag-do when you'd rather be at home with your missus.
Harry Kane Offside on 16:15 - Jan 13 with 2080 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Harry Kane Offside on 16:08 - Jan 13 by Mick_S

I’d love that. Is there a professional term for “goalhanger” which was just about the worst thing you could be accused of when you are 9 years old. It just meant that you were s hit and lazy.

I’m in.

Van Basten a fan apparently:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12249982/marco-van-basten-on-the-o
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Kane Offside on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 2088 viewsNorthernr

If you really want to blow your mind, go and look at the replies to our Sunderland disallowed goal on twitter. The amount of people, some quite big football accounts as well, who thought it was offside and the decision was correct, mainly because they either didn't think the keeper counts, or because if a defender is behind the keeper the whole thing is negated, and all manner of other crap, was really quite astonishing. People were absolutely adamant about it.
Harry Kane Offside on 16:24 - Jan 13 with 2048 viewsHAYESBOY

That is unbelievable. They really don't know the offside rules? Stumped.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Harry Kane Offside on 16:26 - Jan 13 with 2044 viewsMrSheen

Harry Kane Offside on 16:08 - Jan 13 by Mick_S

I’m in.

Chat away to the goalkeeper, suddenly burst into life as the ball gets booted towards you.
Harry Kane Offside on 16:30 - Jan 13 with 2020 viewsMick_S

Harry Kane Offside on 16:26 - Jan 13 by MrSheen

Chat away to the goalkeeper, suddenly burst into life as the ball gets booted towards you.

I think Stan would have been good at that.

Harry Kane Offside on 16:36 - Jan 13 with 1966 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'll be honest, I don't really understand the offside rule.
Harry Kane Offside on 16:39 - Jan 13 with 1960 viewsNorthernr

Harry Kane Offside on 16:26 - Jan 13 by MrSheen

Dominic Iorfa?
Harry Kane Offside on 16:40 - Jan 13 with 1954 viewsMick_S

Harry Kane Offside on 16:36 - Jan 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'll be honest, I don't really understand the offside rule.

Nor do I. Lose it.

Harry Kane Offside on 16:59 - Jan 13 with 1904 viewsPinnerPaul

Just so those who don't have the time don't miss out these are my two favourites:-

"Nonsense so the goal keeper should just run out of goal when his defenders are in a 3 on 2 situation nd heelp them get an offside, interesting"

"May as well play the goal keeper on the half way line. Nobody would ever score again"

Harry Kane Offside on 17:03 - Jan 13 with 1893 viewsPinnerPaul

Harry Kane Offside on 16:16 - Jan 13 by Northernr

If you really want to blow your mind, go and look at the replies to our Sunderland disallowed goal on twitter. The amount of people, some quite big football accounts as well, who thought it was offside and the decision was correct, mainly because they either didn't think the keeper counts, or because if a defender is behind the keeper the whole thing is negated, and all manner of other crap, was really quite astonishing. People were absolutely adamant about it.

As they are on this one!

There is something very funny when someone who is very wrong, getting very angry about it.

I DO get confusion around handball and even 'interfering' etc in relation to offside, not helped by IFAB tinkering with the laws EVERY season, but this? - as someone said on there, its only been like this for about a hundred years!
Harry Kane Offside on 17:03 - Jan 13 with 1889 viewsNorthernr

As soon as the keeper isn't the last man it fries people's brains, they can't compute it.

Been a few this year, two involving us, both incorrectly disallowed.
Harry Kane Offside on 17:25 - Jan 13 with 1802 viewsJuzzie

The one rule that bemuses me is when we played Man City at home and Hart double kicked the goal kick/free kick and made a pigs ear of it, went straight to Austin who scored.
Goal disallowed and Hart's kick re-taken.

Well, tough, quite frankly. He fked up, he pays the price. Stupid rule.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 17:27]
Harry Kane Offside on 17:40 - Jan 13 with 1752 viewsPinnerPaul

Harry Kane Offside on 17:03 - Jan 13 by Northernr

As soon as the keeper isn't the last man it fries people's brains, they can't compute it.

Been a few this year, two involving us, both incorrectly disallowed.

Yes its not totally unfair to say why it shouldn't quite 'fry' the AR's brain, it does heat it up a bit.

Its 2 oppo players OR the ball between the attacker and the goal line is the simplest way to remember it.

On the line it IS much easier if the GK is in his 'normal' position, you 'just' stay level with 'last' defender, then anyone to your right is offside - easy!
Harry Kane Offside on 17:41 - Jan 13 with 1745 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Harry Kane Offside on 16:40 - Jan 13 by Mick_S

Nor do I. Lose it.

Bring back rush keeper too. And dogshit on the pitch!
Harry Kane Offside on 17:46 - Jan 13 with 1721 viewsPinnerPaul

Harry Kane Offside on 17:25 - Jan 13 by Juzzie

The one rule that bemuses me is when we played Man City at home and Hart double kicked the goal kick/free kick and made a pigs ear of it, went straight to Austin who scored.
Goal disallowed and Hart's kick re-taken.

Well, tough, quite frankly. He fked up, he pays the price. Stupid rule.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 17:27]

It would a free kick to us now as ball is in play on the first touch and doesn't have to leave the area any longer.
Harry Kane Offside on 17:56 - Jan 13 with 1673 viewsJuzzie

Harry Kane Offside on 17:46 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

It would a free kick to us now as ball is in play on the first touch and doesn't have to leave the area any longer.

If that rule was in place then, could the ref allow the goal?

If it was a free-kick to us they would put 11 behind the ball and those free kicks very close to the goal are usually quite difficult to score from so no, or little, advantage to us.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 17:58]
Harry Kane Offside on 21:59 - Jan 13 with 1412 viewsOakR

Harry Kane Offside on 16:59 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

Just so those who don't have the time don't miss out these are my two favourites:-

"Nonsense so the goal keeper should just run out of goal when his defenders are in a 3 on 2 situation nd heelp them get an offside, interesting"

"May as well play the goal keeper on the half way line. Nobody would ever score again"

Saw the first one - you wonder if some of these people have ever played football?

That whole thread is weird - it's 5 people saying how is that offisde, someone explaining it, then another 5 people saying how is that offide and repeat. Strange.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Harry Kane Offside on 00:41 - Jan 14 with 1263 viewsBoston

Rule Britannia, Britannia waives the rules…

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024