Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins 07:16 - Mar 26 with 4535 viewsNorthantsHoop

Such sad news the loss of Taylor Hawkins at the age of 50.
Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 07:40 - Mar 26 with 4459 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I used to joke he was the second best drummer in the Foo Fighters.

That feels a bit flat now.

RIP
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 8:27]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins (n/t) on 08:13 - Mar 26 with 4400 viewsPaddyhoops

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 07:40 - Mar 26 by Metallica_Hoop

I used to joke he was the second best drummer in the Foo Fighters.

That feels a bit flat now.

RIP
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 8:27]

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 08:19 - Mar 26 with 4386 viewsPaddyhoops

Sad news . Seen the Foo fighters at Reading many moons ago. Oasis were the headline act.
They were Awesome.
RIP.
Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 08:21 - Mar 26 with 4382 viewsbosh67

Dreadful news. He was a huge character in the band and a brilliant drummer. No age at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 08:35 - Mar 26 with 4362 viewsMoonshineSteve

Very sad.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 09:25 - Mar 26 with 4286 viewsSimonJames

So sad, 50 is way too young. Foo Fighters gigs just won't be the same now

100% of people who drink water will die.

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 09:41 - Mar 26 with 4246 viewsEsox_Lucius

I only ever saw him once when the Foo Fighters were 2nd on the bill to the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Dayton Arena OH. It was one of the best gigs I have been to, full of energy. RIP Taylor.

The grass is always greener.

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 11:54 - Mar 26 with 4135 viewsdaveB

I met him years ago when he was drummer for Alanis Morrissette, such a shame going that young.
Login to get fewer ads

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 13:50 - Mar 26 with 4035 viewsdanehoop

RIP Taylor, one of the best drummers in recent memory and thoroughly nice bloke.

Never knowingly understood

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 23:40 - Mar 26 with 3859 viewsted_hendrix

RIP Fella,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 10:22 - Mar 27 with 3689 viewsPeterHucker

At Phoenix Festival in 1996 I remember the line up on main stage for one of the days went Foo Fighters, Manic Street Preachers, Alanis Morrissette, Neil Young / Crazy Horse.
What an evening that was, All 4 were amazing.
As DaveB mentioned, Taylor Hawkins wasn't in Foo Fighters at that point, he was in Alanis Morrissette's band who were all amazing musicians.
Also saw him drum with her at Shepherds Bush Empire on the same tour.
Me & the Mrs put the One By One CD on very loud last night & drank a toast in his honour.
Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 12:41 - Mar 27 with 3613 viewsE17hoop

Seen the Foos about 8 times in total and TH KNEW he was the 2nd best drummer in the band. Dave Grohl knew it too but didn't make an issue of it. Their relationship was very close and I feels for him today - losing Kurt and Taylor in a lifetime is going to be really tough.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 15:57 - Mar 27 with 3512 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Not judging the guy and his obvious brilliance but his cause of death does not make good reading with 10 different drugs in his system which stopped his heart .
However once they announced his death at the venue and the show was being cancelled there was no anger just a nice tribute with candles and the entire crowd singing their hit songs.
RIP
Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 19:00 - Mar 27 with 3396 viewsSK_hoops

Very sad. First three foo fighters albums are the best first three albums of any US rock band imo.
Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 23:42 - Mar 27 with 3207 viewswombat

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 15:57 - Mar 27 by CLAREMAN1995

Not judging the guy and his obvious brilliance but his cause of death does not make good reading with 10 different drugs in his system which stopped his heart .
However once they announced his death at the venue and the show was being cancelled there was no anger just a nice tribute with candles and the entire crowd singing their hit songs.
RIP

Huge fan, lucky to have seen them across the world USA Europe Uk over the years , never beaten on stage for me , bit early to state what the cause of death was esp as some of the drugs found allegedly inside him were likely to be prescribed drugs , think he’s been clean for 20 years since he nearly overdosed in the Uk ,Dave Grohl stayed. by his bedside for two week while I lay-in a coma in a London hospital. Massive loss to music and prob something the Foo fighters won’t ever recover from , there are also reports of him complaining of chest pains earlier in the day I’ve read.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 00:44 - Mar 28 with 3185 viewsBoston

Thought it strange that the Colombian health system were able to diagnose and report the drug stats so quickly! That said, it wouldn't surprise me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 08:46 - Mar 28 with 3081 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sort of related.

I had a quick shuffle It's suprisingly heavy.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hear-dave-grohls-new-metal-album-as-fictional-

I haven't seen the film yet.

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 13:20 - Mar 28 with 2952 viewswombat

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 08:46 - Mar 28 by Metallica_Hoop

Sort of related.

I had a quick shuffle It's suprisingly heavy.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hear-dave-grohls-new-metal-album-as-fictional-

I haven't seen the film yet.

the new album is just dave grohl he done all the music i think the film is just a 80s comedy horror movie funny but mainly a way to get the album out to the masses

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 13:30 - Mar 28 with 2937 viewsE17hoop

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 13:20 - Mar 28 by wombat

the new album is just dave grohl he done all the music i think the film is just a 80s comedy horror movie funny but mainly a way to get the album out to the masses

The film is shonky as hell but watchable in a gross out kind of way. It's overlong but the music sounds good.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 14:13 - Mar 28 with 2876 viewsSonofpugwash

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 00:44 - Mar 28 by Boston

Thought it strange that the Colombian health system were able to diagnose and report the drug stats so quickly! That said, it wouldn't surprise me.

Yes,very strange.Toxicology reports generally take about two weeks to come out and this one took two days.No doubt the conspiracy theorists will be mentioning the fact that he was fully jabbed,the band was fully jabbed,and you could only get tickets to their concerts if you'd had the vaxx.
Always sad to see a drummer go down.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 14:30 - Mar 28 with 2845 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 23:42 - Mar 27 by wombat

Huge fan, lucky to have seen them across the world USA Europe Uk over the years , never beaten on stage for me , bit early to state what the cause of death was esp as some of the drugs found allegedly inside him were likely to be prescribed drugs , think he’s been clean for 20 years since he nearly overdosed in the Uk ,Dave Grohl stayed. by his bedside for two week while I lay-in a coma in a London hospital. Massive loss to music and prob something the Foo fighters won’t ever recover from , there are also reports of him complaining of chest pains earlier in the day I’ve read.

That has been the major issue in the death of so many musicians like Tom Petty ,Prince etc is the mixture of legal prescribed medication with illegal ones.This deadly combination causes the heart to stop basically and its game over.
Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 23:15 - Mar 29 with 2641 viewswombat

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 14:30 - Mar 28 by CLAREMAN1995

That has been the major issue in the death of so many musicians like Tom Petty ,Prince etc is the mixture of legal prescribed medication with illegal ones.This deadly combination causes the heart to stop basically and its game over.

Announcement just made not supprisngly the rest of the tour has been cancelled , gutted but totally understandable , can’t see them coming back from this ,

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 14:29 - Jun 8 with 2011 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This looks good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61735945

Loss of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins on 23:21 - Jun 8 with 1722 viewswombat

I’ll be at Wembley for that one .rumours of some Stella acts taking part . Tickets go on sale on the 17th for any else who’s a fan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024