Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vauxhall motors 20:25 - Nov 16 with 2129 viewsloftboy

20 years ago today ( away game) was in Florida when the replay took place, had the absolute piss taken out of me around the pool.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Vauxhall motors on 20:49 - Nov 16 with 2084 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was in Melbourne and didn't know the replay date.

I popped into an Internet cafe to check emails and noticed my inbox was rather full. First one I open is from a Chelsea mate and after reading the first line (Having just bought Liz (his wife) a Corsa, I feel I've contributed to...). I immediately thought 'Oh FFS' went on the Beeb website and then hung my head in utter shame.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Vauxhall motors on 21:09 - Nov 16 with 2060 viewsqueensparker

I was flying back from Florida myself in the days when mobiles didn’t work in America, and had been away for a while so couldn’t really remember there was a game on. When I turned the phone on having a fag outside arrivals I shat myself with all the texts flying in.

Turns out it was just our latest humiliation
Vauxhall motors on 22:24 - Nov 16 with 1976 viewsdistortR

21st Jan they're at the Bernabowl (FC IOM).
I'm building up my venom levels.
Vauxhall motors on 22:31 - Nov 16 with 1969 viewsqpr_1968

christ...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Vauxhall motors on 22:32 - Nov 16 with 1965 viewsqpr_1968

christ....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Vauxhall motors on 22:41 - Nov 16 with 1932 viewsBoston

Shut up already.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Vauxhall motors on 00:03 - Nov 17 with 1876 viewsLblock

Went to both games….. proper low (obviously).
Chester’s ground was okay and not a bad little spot for a weekend

I still remember watching the draw in the B&W that season…. Oh how we laughed, bloke next to me says “kinell; we’re playing a bunch of car mechanics - we have to beat them; who’d you want next round?”

I couldn’t of hated Karl Connolly anymore

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Vauxhall motors on 02:52 - Nov 17 with 1828 viewsSydneyRs

Joint top of their division with 45 points from 19 games.

Tossers.
Login to get fewer ads

Vauxhall motors on 08:27 - Nov 17 with 1690 viewsRs_Holy

Vauxhall motors on 00:03 - Nov 17 by Lblock

Went to both games….. proper low (obviously).
Chester’s ground was okay and not a bad little spot for a weekend

I still remember watching the draw in the B&W that season…. Oh how we laughed, bloke next to me says “kinell; we’re playing a bunch of car mechanics - we have to beat them; who’d you want next round?”

I couldn’t of hated Karl Connolly anymore

I was at the replay and it was a horrendous day all round
Vauxhall motors on 08:54 - Nov 17 with 1665 viewsOakR

Vauxhall motors on 08:27 - Nov 17 by Rs_Holy

I was at the replay and it was a horrendous day all round

I was there too. We really were at a low point. I don't even remenber being angry about it, just depressed. Did stay and clap them, what a day if you were in that team for Vauxhall Motors.

My non QPR firends still remember it, which shows how bad a result it was.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Vauxhall motors on 09:28 - Nov 17 with 1633 viewsbosh67

Vauxhall motors on 08:54 - Nov 17 by OakR

I was there too. We really were at a low point. I don't even remenber being angry about it, just depressed. Did stay and clap them, what a day if you were in that team for Vauxhall Motors.

My non QPR firends still remember it, which shows how bad a result it was.

I was there too and I agree it was depressing rather than incurring wrath at the time, even though there was plenty of that. They deserved the win on the night. Anyone who says we have played badly recently should go and check that game out on YouTube or the highlights. It will reassure some fans that we have to plummet quite some distance to be as bad as we were that night.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Vauxhall motors on 11:27 - Nov 17 with 1555 viewsJuzzie

I was there too and we could, and should, have been 3-1 down at half time. VM deserved the victory overall.

What is often forgotten though is that after this result we only lost six league games for the rest of the season (three of those in the few weeks after the VM game).
Vauxhall motors on 11:49 - Nov 17 with 1517 viewsflynnbo

It was 20 years ago today
That Vauxhall Motors taught us how to play
We'd been going up and down a while
But they certainly guaranteed a smile
So may I introduce to you
The club you've known for all these years
Queens Park Rangers Charity Football Team
Vauxhall motors on 12:22 - Nov 17 with 1477 viewsTomS

Vauxhall motors on 11:49 - Nov 17 by flynnbo

It was 20 years ago today
That Vauxhall Motors taught us how to play
We'd been going up and down a while
But they certainly guaranteed a smile
So may I introduce to you
The club you've known for all these years
Queens Park Rangers Charity Football Team

Bravo....
Vauxhall motors on 13:11 - Nov 17 with 1432 viewsW13R

Am I dreaming or do I remember some fella in the paddocks giving Ian Baraclough a right slagging off when he was about to take a throw in!?
Vauxhall motors on 13:37 - Nov 17 with 1398 viewsR_from_afar

A few days after our humiliation, I was at work and had to leave my desk to go and talk to a colleague in another part of the building. I came back and carried on working.

Then, a little while later, I needed to fire up my web browser. I clicked on the icon and then something weird which I didn't recognise flashed up on my screen. I closed it down and the same thing happened again. Where was my normal home page? Then I looked closer and the penny dropped: Someone had reset my browser and made Vauxhall Motors' website my new home page! Very inventive!

I made some enquiries and found out who the culprits were and oh, I got my revenge (pause for cackling). I sent one of them, who I had not ever 'phoned before, a text message where the full content was "QPR" repeated until it used up all available characters. I later asked him if he had had any viruses on his mobile recently because I had received some and there was an epidemic of them. He said he thought he had, he had received a mysterious text which filled his whole screen with just three, endlessly repeated characters. Bullseye!

I nabbed the other guy while he was driving home. I called his mobile from the department fax machine, knowing that he had a mobile car kit, that he was travelling with a colleague, and that he would almost certainly pick up the call. He duly and I was in hysterics as he was saying "Hello. Hello. HELLO! It's a fax machine!"

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Vauxhall motors on 00:10 - Nov 19 with 1182 viewsqprxtc

The most godawful time to support this team. I went to first Jane with Julie( AKUTRs) and Phil. Nice bloke.

All hell exposed.

Christ, nothing will ever deliver any elements.

I refused to go to the Mailcoach to meet my best mate, Dave, because I just wanted to die.

F icing worst QPR ever.
Vauxhall motors on 02:25 - Nov 19 with 1155 viewsSonofNorfolt

Certainly high on the nadirs list in my time of following Rangers.
I ran a double decker coach that day, about 75 of us, I'm not really sure why?
Or why it was full?
Actually a mad day out, although I don't think I was allowed to use that coach company
again. I vaguely recall informing the driver about half an hour back from Chester that
heading to Carlisle was the wrong way home.
Stopping for more refreshments by West Brom's Hawthorns ground much to the surprise
of the clueless local Baggies thinking that we were Villa I think?
It's fine lads, we'll win the replay and be on the telly at Macclesfield in Round Two, which was scheduled, new ground an all.....
Those were the days. Or were they?
Vauxhall motors on 04:00 - Nov 19 with 1136 viewsLblock

Vauxhall motors on 02:25 - Nov 19 by SonofNorfolt

Certainly high on the nadirs list in my time of following Rangers.
I ran a double decker coach that day, about 75 of us, I'm not really sure why?
Or why it was full?
Actually a mad day out, although I don't think I was allowed to use that coach company
again. I vaguely recall informing the driver about half an hour back from Chester that
heading to Carlisle was the wrong way home.
Stopping for more refreshments by West Brom's Hawthorns ground much to the surprise
of the clueless local Baggies thinking that we were Villa I think?
It's fine lads, we'll win the replay and be on the telly at Macclesfield in Round Two, which was scheduled, new ground an all.....
Those were the days. Or were they?

Didn’t your coach arrive late at the game as well?

I have a vivid memory of being in the stand and over to the far right hand corner a copper coloured double decker pulling into the car park and you boys falling off the chariot

Clearly as everyone has said this game was one of the big lows of recent decades; but, it’s what makes us love this crazy club of ours isn’t it? Sometimes I hate it so much but then I bounce back and love the bones of it as the good moments are appreciated so much more.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Vauxhall motors on 14:25 - Nov 19 with 1007 viewsSonofNorfolt

Vauxhall motors on 04:00 - Nov 19 by Lblock

Didn’t your coach arrive late at the game as well?

I have a vivid memory of being in the stand and over to the far right hand corner a copper coloured double decker pulling into the car park and you boys falling off the chariot

Clearly as everyone has said this game was one of the big lows of recent decades; but, it’s what makes us love this crazy club of ours isn’t it? Sometimes I hate it so much but then I bounce back and love the bones of it as the good moments are appreciated so much more.

Indeed we did, about ten past three.
Some, including my dad, watched fifteen minutes of the game then got a cab into Chester for a drink.
Probably a wise move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024