Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be honest. 12:24 - Dec 25 with 2579 viewswelwynranger

Before a ball was kicked this season. How many on here would have said we would be in the play off spots at Christmas.
Be honest. on 12:39 - Dec 25 with 2526 viewsqpr_1968

to be honest welwyn, i was expecting to be up there yes, especially with the then new manager, top six, would'nt have been suprised.....

what i was'nt expecting before a ball was kicked, was being on our second manager at christmas.....and in 6th spot.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Be honest. on 13:43 - Dec 25 with 2432 viewsnix

I thought we'd have another consolidation with a new manager and end up in the 7th-12th zone this season. And then maybe make another launch for the play offs next season.
Be honest. on 13:57 - Dec 25 with 2418 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Defo thought we should be Playoffs.
Be honest. on 14:14 - Dec 25 with 2389 viewsDorse

I honestly thought we'd be about 10th with a fair shout of a play-off push by Easter. One of those never-quite-out-of-reach tempters that goes on until we get humped 3-0 at home by whoever is 3rd from bottom and hasn't won in 12. You know, the usual.

Our current position is really rather lovely.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Be honest. on 14:14 - Dec 25 with 2386 viewsLblock

Always thought we’d stay up this year

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Be honest. on 14:59 - Dec 25 with 2332 viewshantssi

Be honest. on 14:14 - Dec 25 by Dorse

I honestly thought we'd be about 10th with a fair shout of a play-off push by Easter. One of those never-quite-out-of-reach tempters that goes on until we get humped 3-0 at home by whoever is 3rd from bottom and hasn't won in 12. You know, the usual.

Our current position is really rather lovely.

Like Blackpool, WBA or Huddersfield then?!
Be honest. on 15:27 - Dec 25 with 2271 viewsJuzzie

Thought we’d be around tenth too so very happy where we are but it has been tainted by some crazy defeats meaning we could have been higher. But that’s football so no complaints.
Be honest. on 22:45 - Dec 26 with 1614 viewsdavman

After the way last season finished, I thought we'd be nowhere near the play offs and would return home to 16th. That is still a reasonable possibility because, take away those teams with the extra money from various Parachute Payments, this league is panning out to be a very average league with teams the much of a muchness.

Yes, Watford, WBA and Norwich aren't quite doing what was expected, but with new managers in place (WBA, Watford) and one on its way (Norwich), they'll be in and around the Play-offs.

Add in the fact that the market has fallen out of the Championship, this mediocrity below those with the extra money, will continue for years and there won't be much between teams in 6th and teams in 20th.

If only we could get back to looking like scoring. Maybe the xG guys were on to something when we were clearly punching well about our weight early season. I mean yes we got off the mark against Preston, but that was the scruffiest of scruffy goals from a set piece and since then we've not really created much, which is a travesty with the players we have.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Be honest. on 23:32 - Dec 27 with 1257 viewsJigsore

I mean, 2 bad results and we could be 15th or 16th.

it's a really weird one. We're about as good as most of the other teams (bar maybe 4) but we're also about as bad as them too. The league is pretty dismal this year, almost like being strapped down with FFP rules while the Premier League clubs floss their teeth with gold wire is causing some structural issues...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Be honest. on 00:07 - Dec 28 with 1192 viewsBoston

Had a sneaking feeling we'd still be at Loftus Rd...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Be honest. on 01:11 - Dec 28 with 1159 viewskensalriser

Be honest. on 00:07 - Dec 28 by Boston

Had a sneaking feeling we'd still be at Loftus Rd...

But this time next year Rodney...

...we'll still be at Loftus Rd.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024