Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you feel that strongly 02:24 - Jan 29 with 5436 viewscharmr

Hello all dissenting voices. Instead of pontificating on here why are you not doing any real protesting. Invade the pitch, stop a game, throw your season ticket on the pitch. Go all ultra and visit on mass the training ground, maybe even don’t buy a programme. I don’t know be creative.

Seems far easier to get things off your chest on a social media platform then actually do anything. Same posters regurgitating the same agenda.

Man city game anyone care to remember.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 5:18]
If you feel that strongly on 13:02 - Jan 29 with 1710 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If you feel that strongly on 12:06 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah, I’ll add I’d like to see the bullshit cut out like the Manning, Barbet, Bright, and Warburton leaving a space on the bench situations. Petty distractions.

I disagree about not progressing though. Progression isn’t just points on the board, it’s facilities, player value, and solvency too. We have improved on all those things.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 12:09]

Progression is fundamentally about points on the board - or at least it should be. We're not going to progress pissing around in the lower half of the Championship for ever. We won't attract younger fans and the older fans will die off. We haven't been in the play-offs since we came down - and that includes several seasons when we had parachute payments (although apparently our parachute payments don't count as an advantage, even though every other club's does). We've been dumped out of both cups at the first time of asking by lower league opposition - is that progress? We were only playing yesterday because of the Fleetwood debacle. As I've said elsewhere, I have nothing but respect for the likes of Clive who go to all the away games - it must be incredibly dispiriting to make that effort, spend all that money and then see them play like that. Have you seen the defending for the goals? That's not progress; it's amateurish and embarrassing. They deserve far better.
If you feel that strongly on 13:28 - Jan 29 with 1677 viewsBushRanger82

We should make a powerful display of disgust at our next home game. I would suggest not clapping and cheering the shower on to the pitch, and just turning our backs on them until the ref blows to start the game.
It’s all I can come up with at this moment in time, but if anyone can think of something better, go for it.
One thing’s for sure, we can’t keep lamely accepting this interminable slop, they’re currently forcing down our throats.
If you feel that strongly on 13:33 - Jan 29 with 1663 viewsNortholt_Rs

If you feel that strongly on 13:28 - Jan 29 by BushRanger82

We should make a powerful display of disgust at our next home game. I would suggest not clapping and cheering the shower on to the pitch, and just turning our backs on them until the ref blows to start the game.
It’s all I can come up with at this moment in time, but if anyone can think of something better, go for it.
One thing’s for sure, we can’t keep lamely accepting this interminable slop, they’re currently forcing down our throats.

There will be masses of empty seats to show what the fans think….if it carries on like this LR will be back to 7k attendances from the home fans. Enough is enough! Something needs to change and quick.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

If you feel that strongly on 13:47 - Jan 29 with 1629 viewsBushRanger82

If you feel that strongly on 13:33 - Jan 29 by Northolt_Rs

There will be masses of empty seats to show what the fans think….if it carries on like this LR will be back to 7k attendances from the home fans. Enough is enough! Something needs to change and quick.

Agreed.
A major overhaul in how the club approaches each and every season is paramount.
There has to be more than just struggle, promotion, struggle, inevitable relegation, and rinse and repeat.
Just got to be.
If you feel that strongly on 14:02 - Jan 29 with 1578 viewsdanehoop

Honestly feel that we are currently reaping the fallout from Beale. The squad is unbalanced and clearly a number of players morale or understanding of what is needed is lacking.

Critchley has yet to fully establish what he wants from his team sufficiently that they are able to deliver it consistently.

Confidence is also an issue, both at a player and team level.

Injuries/absences to key players has also been a problem at critical times. No team is going to respond well to losing one of its most creative players and the lynch pin influential captain in midfield at the same time. Losing Chair and Dieng for international duty also played a part as it takes time for a squad to adapt to their absence and then their return.

And the board does have a problem as well. I personally think that LF has done a very good job as DF and has reigned in a well intentioned, but in experienced set of owners from doing much worse. Equally LH has been a great CE in ensuring that, as far as possible we stabilise finances and invest in the future in terms of infrastructure and youth development. That latter part is a slow burn project, but is starting to show some green shoots. The current U21/B Team squad has a few potential future players coming through for us, perhaps more than seen in a while. And it will get better as we are able to attract more talent.

The problem has been some of the loans/short term recruitment recently to either fill gaps or satisfy new managers. The young players we have had on loan have been mixed in performance (not unusual there for young players) and we should expect that. Laird for example, for all of the complaints he is loan, has done well. Others though I worry about, we seem to have a lot and some of them don't really seem to have added a great deal either through injury or now being asked to play something they weren't originally doing

A lot of this stems from the board trying to support Beale and his grand plan. They, the players and we were hoodwinked by him, end of. Critchley is a good manager and coach, but he has inherited a mess as a result of Beale. He is notably sifting players out from the squad that he knows wont feature. He will also have a much better idea of the actual underlying issues that he has to now manage. The board I am sure will support as much as they can, but reality is under FFP they did what they could in supporting Beale and there isn't much margin for them to help much more.

Its going to be rough and erratic for the remainder of the season I fear. Promotion is unlikely and frankly it is likely to be a focus on sorting out the mess for the remainder of the season. See little point in demanding anyone's head at this point as don't see how another manager change will help us in anyway (and will hit us financially) or that any other manager out there (who would want to join us) is going to improve the situation.

Never knowingly understood

If you feel that strongly on 14:39 - Jan 29 with 1493 viewsSonofpugwash

I've been monitoring social media and there are moves afoot to produce protest banners for either the Millwall or Sunderland games.
Hope not.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

If you feel that strongly on 17:40 - Jan 29 with 1373 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you feel that strongly on 14:39 - Jan 29 by Sonofpugwash

I've been monitoring social media and there are moves afoot to produce protest banners for either the Millwall or Sunderland games.
Hope not.

Can’t see it myself.

It’s never struck me as sour at Loftus Road, just online. Obviously, it’s QPR but we have a very good chance of beating Huddersfield and then you’ll look like a prick protesting after a win.

Also, no one can agree on what to protest about.
If you feel that strongly on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 1376 viewsPinnerPaul

If you feel that strongly on 14:39 - Jan 29 by Sonofpugwash

Hope not.

Protesting about what/who - have they said?
Login to get fewer ads

If you feel that strongly on 17:51 - Jan 29 with 1343 viewsRangersw12

If you feel that strongly on 17:40 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can’t see it myself.

It’s never struck me as sour at Loftus Road, just online. Obviously, it’s QPR but we have a very good chance of beating Huddersfield and then you’ll look like a prick protesting after a win.

You're right but if we fail FFP then I can see the sht hitting the fan
If you feel that strongly on 17:55 - Jan 29 with 1337 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

If you feel that strongly on 17:42 - Jan 29 by PinnerPaul

My son is 18, told me he has seen posts asking for banners 'Les out'.
Before I would of said to not be silly, but I've run out of excuses for some at the club.
If you feel that strongly on 17:58 - Jan 29 with 1328 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

If you feel that strongly on 17:40 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can’t see it myself.

I think the lack of noise from us at HQ speaks volumes about how unhappy the majority of fans are starting to feel. I think Clive even mentioned a few weeks back that it could turn toxic quickly, I think we are approaching that point.
If you feel that strongly on 17:58 - Jan 29 with 1325 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you feel that strongly on 17:51 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

You're right but if we fail FFP then I can see the sht hitting the fan

That’s not going to be before Millwall or Sunderland though.

If we fail FFP with two / three transfer windows so between now and then then I think people should protest.
If you feel that strongly on 19:53 - Jan 29 with 1241 viewsterryb

Like many others, I'm not over impressed with our owners, but I certainly won't be demonstrating. We didn't improve as a club by the campaign to oust the Thompsons did we?

Will I be buying a ST next season? It's much to early for me to decide, although I normally renew without giving it any thought. Being relegated wouldn't stop me, but being relegated & still being charged Premiership/Upper Championship prices could raise a question.

I also have misgivings about the structure of the club & ask if a club of our size & income can really afford a CEO & a DOF? I would also query if we employed too many coaching staff, although these may have been reduced since Beale decamped.

The answers to both of these are not worth leaving the pub early to join a protest though!
If you feel that strongly on 20:03 - Jan 29 with 1219 viewsHantsR

If you feel that strongly on 17:42 - Jan 29 by PinnerPaul

[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 20:03]
If you feel that strongly on 22:25 - Jan 29 with 1112 viewsDejR_vu

I think there are some who underestimate the power of social media.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

If you feel that strongly on 22:39 - Jan 29 with 1097 viewsNorthernr

Sorry, catch me up - our options are run on the pitch, or shut the fck up?
If you feel that strongly on 23:08 - Jan 29 with 1042 viewsQPsyR

If you feel that strongly on 22:39 - Jan 29 by Northernr

Sorry, catch me up - our options are run on the pitch, or shut the fck up?

lol yes the middle option is sadly lacking

FKA AcidPixie

If you feel that strongly on 14:41 - Jan 30 with 870 viewsTheChef

If you feel that strongly on 13:33 - Jan 29 by Northolt_Rs

Only the most loyal/insane will want to turn up at LR to watch this lot bend over for Miiiiiillllllllll.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

If you feel that strongly on 14:47 - Jan 30 with 866 viewsCroydonCaptJack

If you feel that strongly on 14:41 - Jan 30 by TheChef

Only the most loyal/insane will want to turn up at LR to watch this lot bend over for Miiiiiillllllllll.

The last home game was nearly full. It is possible that not all of them read this forum and won't go to support their team.
If you feel that strongly on 14:52 - Jan 30 with 850 viewsTheChef

If you feel that strongly on 14:47 - Jan 30 by CroydonCaptJack

The last home game was nearly full. It is possible that not all of them read this forum and won't go to support their team.

I think that was the novelty of the Saturday 3pm kick off!

Of course if we somehow beat Huddersfield, that will make all the difference.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

If you feel that strongly on 15:44 - Jan 30 with 755 viewsswisscottage

I would say that the majority of the home crowd, don't follow twitter, don't follow this board, and probably didn't even see highlights from Saturday or Fleetwood and the reasons for any protest would be lost on many.
If you feel that strongly on 16:04 - Jan 30 with 709 viewsconnell10

Cheap tickets

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024