Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early wimbledon roll call. 16:00 - Jul 17 with 3810 viewsqpr_1968

don't think any trains are running saturday, so its a 220 for me there, and a black cab to where ever after the game.

quite a few of us going.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:14 - Jul 17 with 3005 viewseastside_r

Tubes are running, I think but National Rail on strike.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:15 - Jul 17 with 2999 viewsToast_R

Will be there with my son. Hopefully we'll have our new shirts delivered by then.

Just the three busses for us each way FFS.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:17 - Jul 17 with 2981 viewsqpr_1968

Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:14 - Jul 17 by eastside_r

Tubes are running, I think but National Rail on strike.

hope your right, we were gonna get the train from hammersmith to wimbledon park.

but was told they werent running saturday the 22nd.

fingers crossed a.

Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:20 - Jul 17 with 2962 viewsjoe90

https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/strikes#on-this-page
Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:24 - Jul 17 with 2939 viewsqpr_1968

Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:20 - Jul 17 by joe90

https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/strikes#on-this-page

cheers joe, and eastside.

Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:25 - Jul 17 with 2937 viewsAberystwythR

Getting the tube in- where is good to drink around plough lane?
Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:31 - Jul 17 with 2909 viewsqpr_1968

Early wimbledon roll call. on 16:25 - Jul 17 by AberystwythR

the 2 i used to use years ago are the woodmans, near wimbledon park station, and the sportsmans, which i think was in plough lane.

not even sure if they are still there.

Early wimbledon roll call. on 17:26 - Jul 17 with 2773 viewsCateLeBonR

Not far from Colliers Wood Station there’s quite a nice little complex with the Merton Apprentice and a few other bars places to eat. Right beside the River Wandle and there’s loads of outdoor seating if the weather’s ok. It’s a couple of miles from the ground but you can follow the River Wandle there if you fancy a walk or there must be buses. I just found out that the Trafalgar pub is reopening soon, not for from there but probably not before Saturday. Great pub!

There’s not much next to the ground except the Corner Pin. Probably better off walking up into Earlsfield.
Login to get fewer ads

Early wimbledon roll call. on 18:12 - Jul 17 with 2709 viewsBushRanger82

You'd have to pay me, to watch that.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 18:20 - Jul 17 with 2686 viewsToast_R

Probably Wimbledon Town centre is your best bet. Huge Spoons there and the Prince of Wales on the corner not bad. Spent many a Xmas eve in the latter down the years. You can catch a 156 or 493 bus up to Plough Lane from Alexandra Road opposite.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 18:36 - Jul 17 with 2659 viewsflynnbo

Early wimbledon roll call. on 17:26 - Jul 17 by CateLeBonR

Not far from Colliers Wood Station there’s quite a nice little complex with the Merton Apprentice and a few other bars places to eat. Right beside the River Wandle and there’s loads of outdoor seating if the weather’s ok. It’s a couple of miles from the ground but you can follow the River Wandle there if you fancy a walk or there must be buses. I just found out that the Trafalgar pub is reopening soon, not for from there but probably not before Saturday. Great pub!

There’s not much next to the ground except the Corner Pin. Probably better off walking up into Earlsfield.

I used to drink in the Trafalgar many moons ago and, as you say, a great little pub. Have you tried The Sultan with draught Summer Lightning?
Early wimbledon roll call. on 19:14 - Jul 17 with 2612 viewsCateLeBonR

Early wimbledon roll call. on 18:36 - Jul 17 by flynnbo

I used to drink in the Trafalgar many moons ago and, as you say, a great little pub. Have you tried The Sultan with draught Summer Lightning?

Yes usually get down to The Sultan a couple of times a year. We normally have a pint of mix there (think that's what it's called) which is half a Summer Lightning and half a GFB in a pint glass. I also like their Entire Stout.

The Trafalgar will be run by the same people I think. At least that's what it says on their website.

http://www.thetrafsw19.co.uk/
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 19:19]
Early wimbledon roll call. on 19:16 - Jul 17 with 2603 viewsCateLeBonR

Early wimbledon roll call. on 18:20 - Jul 17 by Toast_R

Probably Wimbledon Town centre is your best bet. Huge Spoons there and the Prince of Wales on the corner not bad. Spent many a Xmas eve in the latter down the years. You can catch a 156 or 493 bus up to Plough Lane from Alexandra Road opposite.

Yes the spoons in Wimbledon is normally very good. My mate was there not long ago and he was raving about the beers they had on.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 20:19 - Jul 17 with 2477 viewsstowmarketrange

Early wimbledon roll call. on 18:36 - Jul 17 by flynnbo

That was the pub my brother used to drink in during the 80’s before he moved to Cambridge.There were some characters in there that’s for sure.
Also the William Morris was another favourite haunt of ours.The cast of the Bill used to drink in there quite often as “sun hill” was just around the corner.
I went in there during the test match a couple of years ago and it has gone even more upmarket.It’s behind the savacentre if anyone fancies trying it.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 20:33 - Jul 17 with 2455 viewsPeterHucker

Going with a couple of mates who are Dons fans.
Tubes seem to be running fairly normally, seems to be mostly the overground trains that are affected by the strike.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 20:51 - Jul 17 with 2415 viewsstowmarketrange

Early wimbledon roll call. on 20:33 - Jul 17 by PeterHucker

Going with a couple of mates who are Dons fans.
Tubes seem to be running fairly normally, seems to be mostly the overground trains that are affected by the strike.

Luckily we have 1 train per hour from Stowmarket and I’m not back until Sunday as I have a March for men in Battersea park on Sunday morning.
There is a 5 day tube strike that might cause a problem as it starts on Sunday.But they haven’t said which lines are affected yet.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 21:16 - Jul 17 with 2380 viewsStreathamRanger

Lots of places for a drink around Tooting Broadway tube. It's only around 15 minute walk from there to the ground. A good few Young's pubs as well as smaller bars in tooting market if you fancy a cocktail or two! Best curries in London in Tooting as well if you're hungry after the game.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 21:27 - Jul 17 with 2361 viewseastside_r

Early wimbledon roll call. on 21:16 - Jul 17 by StreathamRanger

Lots of places for a drink around Tooting Broadway tube. It's only around 15 minute walk from there to the ground. A good few Young's pubs as well as smaller bars in tooting market if you fancy a cocktail or two! Best curries in London in Tooting as well if you're hungry after the game.

If the Southwestern trains aren’t running to Earlsfield (which seems likely) then I am routing Tooting.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 21:35 - Jul 17 with 2335 viewsRangersw12

New ground so has to be done

Train strike means our last train MK is about 7 pm though
Early wimbledon roll call. on 21:52 - Jul 17 with 2297 viewsstowmarketrange

Early wimbledon roll call. on 21:16 - Jul 17 by StreathamRanger

I’m heading for the Ramble Inn in Amen corner after the game as I’ve heard that they serve a mean pint of Guinness in there.It’s about the same size as the white horse from the outside.Hopefully it’s a bit bigger inside.
I went past it a few times when I lived in Mitcham,but I don’t think I ever went in.And it’s not too far from our digs at Colliers Wood.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 22:07 - Jul 17 with 2263 viewsStreathamRanger

Early wimbledon roll call. on 21:52 - Jul 17 by stowmarketrange

I’m heading for the Ramble Inn in Amen corner after the game as I’ve heard that they serve a mean pint of Guinness in there.It’s about the same size as the white horse from the outside.Hopefully it’s a bit bigger inside.
I went past it a few times when I lived in Mitcham,but I don’t think I ever went in.And it’s not too far from our digs at Colliers Wood.

Been past that place many a time but never been in. Used to be quite a few Irish pubs around the area but less so now.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 23:53 - Jul 17 with 2182 viewsNorthernr

2,000 sold or near enough. Nuts really, feels like a cup tie, everybody I know wants one.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 10:39 - Jul 18 with 1980 viewsCateLeBonR

Early wimbledon roll call. on 20:19 - Jul 17 by stowmarketrange

That was the pub my brother used to drink in during the 80’s before he moved to Cambridge.There were some characters in there that’s for sure.
Also the William Morris was another favourite haunt of ours.The cast of the Bill used to drink in there quite often as “sun hill” was just around the corner.
I went in there during the test match a couple of years ago and it has gone even more upmarket.It’s behind the savacentre if anyone fancies trying it.

Yes that’s next to the Merton Apprentice which I mentioned before. I’ve never been in the William Morris.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 10:44 - Jul 18 with 1968 viewsstowmarketrange

Early wimbledon roll call. on 10:39 - Jul 18 by CateLeBonR

Yes that’s next to the Merton Apprentice which I mentioned before. I’ve never been in the William Morris.

I’ve just googled it and the prices seem pretty reasonable.Only £5.50 for a pint of Guinness and £4.30 for doombar isn’t too bad I guess.
Early wimbledon roll call. on 11:03 - Jul 18 with 1933 viewsCateLeBonR

Early wimbledon roll call. on 10:44 - Jul 18 by stowmarketrange

I’ve just googled it and the prices seem pretty reasonable.Only £5.50 for a pint of Guinness and £4.30 for doombar isn’t too bad I guess.

That does sound fairly cheap by today’s standards but it is Doombar! It’s a very nice spot though and I do recommend the MA.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024