Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR On This Day 23:43 - Dec 14 with 3611 viewsNorthernr

There's an amazing Twitter/Instagram account that posts goals from our past on their anniversary. Gonna start linking a few below because it cheers me up every morning when I see it appear on my feed.

Vintage Wegerle to start us off with...

QPR On This Day on 01:40 - Dec 15 with 3496 viewshamptonhillhoop

I've been following it for a while. Either they're very selective with their highlights,or we used to win a lot more than we lost. Seriously though, it's excellent and well worth a follow
QPR On This Day on 06:28 - Dec 15 with 3396 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Love the goal celebrations, quick arm raised, handshake or slap on the back, then jog back to the halfway line.

Marvellous, jumpers for goalposts, oranges......
QPR On This Day on 07:24 - Dec 15 with 3360 viewsPaddyhoops

Bailey loved playing in Manchester.
QPR On This Day on 08:01 - Dec 15 with 3333 viewsGaryBannister86

Look at Super Ray there when Wegs penalty was saved. Everyone else moping around or celebrating - he's legging it to take a quick corner whilst they are distracted.

What a player and all-round pro.
QPR On This Day on 08:11 - Dec 15 with 3310 viewsToast_R

So Keith Curle scores an equaliser to make it 2-0?
QPR On This Day on 08:39 - Dec 15 with 3264 viewsngbqpr

State of the ref...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

QPR On This Day on 08:59 - Dec 15 with 3220 viewsNorthernr

Hot Saltergate action today

QPR On This Day on 09:35 - Dec 15 with 3139 viewsngbqpr

QPR On This Day on 08:59 - Dec 15 by Northernr

This is one of my favourite ever awaydays.

Like many, I enjoyed those League One trips - new grounds (or ones not visited in a long time), terraces, being seen as a big scalp etc - but specifically, this was my then 7 year old eldest's first away match.

Living in Notts, no long drive to crush the excitement. Plenty of on street parking, then snuck him into a pub full of Rs to give him a taster of what was to come in the years ahead. Chatting to Dave Thomas (AKUTRs) and a few posters from the old .org board who all made a fuss of him.

Then an absolute belter of an end to end game which we deservedly won. Ollie surprised us with a 3-5-2 which worked a treat, and it was one of those very occasional days where Matthew Rose looked like a world beater - shame the footage doesn't show his buccaneering box to box run that led to our third.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

QPR On This Day on 09:41 - Dec 15 with 3123 viewsRangersw12

QPR On This Day on 09:35 - Dec 15 by ngbqpr

This is one of my favourite ever awaydays.

Like many, I enjoyed those League One trips - new grounds (or ones not visited in a long time), terraces, being seen as a big scalp etc - but specifically, this was my then 7 year old eldest's first away match.

Living in Notts, no long drive to crush the excitement. Plenty of on street parking, then snuck him into a pub full of Rs to give him a taster of what was to come in the years ahead. Chatting to Dave Thomas (AKUTRs) and a few posters from the old .org board who all made a fuss of him.

Then an absolute belter of an end to end game which we deservedly won. Ollie surprised us with a 3-5-2 which worked a treat, and it was one of those very occasional days where Matthew Rose looked like a world beater - shame the footage doesn't show his buccaneering box to box run that led to our third.

The whole town turned out for us that day and it was proper moody after the game
QPR On This Day on 09:47 - Dec 15 with 3114 viewsNorthernr

QPR On This Day on 09:41 - Dec 15 by Rangersw12

The whole town turned out for us that day and it was proper moody after the game

Yeh I remember getting off the train and the number of police waiting at the station was insane.
QPR On This Day on 09:50 - Dec 15 with 3105 viewsTheChef

That Wegerle drag back and turn. My word.

We've been blessed with some very skilful players over the years.

Oh and that GK top needs a retro version in the club shop pronto.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR On This Day on 09:51 - Dec 15 with 3098 viewsRangersw12

First win of the season 💪

I'm sure that record has been broken now
[Post edited 15 Dec 2023 9:52]
QPR On This Day on 10:11 - Dec 15 with 3061 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a great account. An early-morning ritual for me, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR On This Day on 10:16 - Dec 15 with 3026 viewsPeterHucker

QPR On This Day on 09:47 - Dec 15 by Northernr

Yeh I remember getting off the train and the number of police waiting at the station was insane.

Exactly.
I remember turning very very pale upon seeing all those police at Chesterfield station because of what I was carrying in my rucksack.

So I got my mate to cause a distraction. He walked across towards the policeman pretending to be steaming drunk, jumping around and singing. I played the role of a respectable local citizen disgusted with such conduct, occasionally looking across at him disapprovingly, tutting and shaking my head. The police just let me stroll on through with my contraband smoking materials while he got seriously patted down and made to turn out his pockets.

Then we met up round the corner for a celebratory smoke.

My abiding memory of the actual match was that Shittu header, there was some power on that!
Those were great days to be following the Rs away from home.
QPR On This Day on 10:21 - Dec 15 with 3002 viewsaston_hoop

QPR On This Day on 09:51 - Dec 15 by Rangersw12

This is one of my favourite Adel goals, that step and then finish is a piece of art

Love this account

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR On This Day on 10:44 - Dec 15 with 2944 viewsrobith

QPR On This Day on 09:51 - Dec 15 by Rangersw12

I got so battered after this game I missed the last tube to my house in Stoke Newington and in my drunken state got the Oxford Tube to my parents' house in Hillingdon and slept on the sofa - which was quite the delight to everyone the next day who mistook me for a burglar. Halcyon days
QPR On This Day on 11:25 - Dec 15 with 2853 viewseastside_r

QPR On This Day on 07:24 - Dec 15 by Paddyhoops

Bailey loved playing in Manchester.

Yes, difficult to see how that one actually went in but for our small group we knew this as the ‘Bum of God’ goal.
QPR On This Day on 11:32 - Dec 15 with 2824 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've been following that on insta too.

Some great memories.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR On This Day on 12:15 - Dec 15 with 2743 viewslosethedrum

Yes did this one , seem to remember Shittu getiing sent off for a 2nd yellow & my mate got duffed up by their stewards .
Hanging on a bit a the end of this as they attacked their noisy kop end terrace .
QPR On This Day on 12:20 - Dec 15 with 2717 viewsngbqpr

More Saltergate memories...another belter the following season, Sunday lunchtime ko, this time we won 4-2.

I think this might have been the day we first sang one of the only truly original Rangers chants:

"Pacquette - his name is Richard Pacquette
He puts the ball in the net
His name is Richard Pacquette"

QPR On This Day on 12:40 - Dec 16 with 2417 viewsWestway

Everyone in black boots. Innocent times.
QPR On This Day on 21:30 - Dec 16 with 2175 viewssoops

Thanks for that - just started following it on Insta.
Noticed that Ale Faurlin already follows it… could you love that man any more than you do already?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 21:41]
QPR On This Day on 23:13 - Dec 16 with 2055 viewsqprxtc

Michael Telfer and I went to this game on the spur of the moment

Pretty sure we went for a beer the night before with zero intention of going to the game. Next morning he wakes me up from my hangover and says do I want to go. F uck off I say and back to bed.

Half an hour later I change my mind. Meet you at Euston in half an hour. Easy from the Bush. Just chuck on last nights clothes, tube it.

Get to Euston and but a CHEAP DAY RETURN to Manchester. Get a couple of beers. I’m in Manchester by midday. I was in bed at 9am.

Pay to get in at Maine Road. I’d say two hundred Rangers max, a LSa coach was f ucked on the way up.

We’re shite in the first half , two down and I’m listening to my Walkman ( guess Who).

Second half, it’s almost Rangers. Wegerle does what Wegerle does, see above, we get a last minute penalty! Come on! Rangers do what Rangers do and keeper saves it. Chuck my Walkman into pieces.

Resulting corner comes in and it’s nutted in by McDonald via Wegerle ! F uck me this is the day of days! Come on you decking Rs!?

Train , beers and happy back to Euston and into West Hampstead for a night cap. Cab back home.

I’m didn’t break the bank. It was normal.
QPR On This Day on 23:16 - Dec 16 with 2050 viewsqprxtc

Great Rangers performance.

Horrible f ucking police w ankers at the train station. And locals.

After Stoke on Trent , the biggest sh ithile I’ve been too.

F uck em.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024