Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Double Save 22:32 - Oct 9 with 1155 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Absolute quality.

As I said on the match thread, it's a poor penalty, but that shouldn't take away from the superb goalkeeping.

So much to admire.
1) Taking loads of time at the side of the goal to have a drink (probably read/remember his notes on Bowen's penalty habits and technique), adjust the gloves, socks etc. make him wait. telling that Bowen rushed his peno. Might have been down to impatience, might have been caused in part by Charles making him wait.
2) Charles didn't predict, he reacted. Always the best option.
3) He read Bowen's run-up superbly.
4) Fine deflecting save down low
5) Because the peno is close to him, he had no hope of deflecting it around the corner. It was always going to rebound into the danger zone
6) Which made for the best part of the whole double save - the incredible strength and agility to be up and into the set-up for the second save.

I can't take my eyes of 00:32 to 00:34.

Amazing goalkeeping.

https://www.skysports.com/foot



"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

11
The Double Save on 22:40 - Oct 9 with 1030 viewsdmm

Thanks for that, Brian. A truly incredible double save.
0
The Double Save on 22:42 - Oct 9 with 1009 viewsbosh67

The pen save is so good because it's struck hard and low and he gets his left hand below his body to keep that out and then the second save is astonishing agility to even be up quick enough and able to spring to his left to get that onto the post.

You build a team around this keeper (amazingly) and with City in all sorts of trouble I would be sitting there at QPR Towers wondering how we buy him off City, even at the price they paid for him and the add ons.

Quite possibly a generational talent. Watched him in the NI games and he's a one off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

3
The Double Save on 22:54 - Oct 9 with 903 viewsnumptydumpty

King Charles now Brian. Been upgraded tonight from Prince.

Our best ever loans in the past. We have had a few, but Wayne Routledge, Nakhi Wells and Kyle Walker come to mind, but am very confident this boy will be our best ever and to say that about a player who has only just turned 21 is mad.

Unfortunately, unless we miraculously go up, he is here for this season only. We would not be able to afford him. For me he will be in the prem next season, even if City get relegated. Too good not to be.

When we signed first Calum Ward who got the accolade for Scottish League goalkeeper of the season and must have thought he was here as a number one. I hope Pierce is teaching him all he knows this season and he benefits from training with Pierce.
[Post edited 9 Oct 22:56]

"Walking in a Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Whats going to happen to Man City ????

2
The Double Save on 23:04 - Oct 9 with 793 viewsLblock

Jimmy Dunne…. “He needs to stay at QPR for another two years until he's ready”
Cheeky grin on his face and a tap on the nut

I’ve not seen a lad look so young and be so confident at our club for some while

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

3
The Double Save on 23:06 - Oct 9 with 779 viewsPaddyhoops

I was in Bethnal Green (The away end ) when he saved it .
Just seen the highlights. Astonishing really .
This keeper is worth 10 points a season . Last years lobbed 10 off our total .
Lucky to have him.
2
The Double Save on 23:09 - Oct 9 with 741 viewsMatch82

I know you should score your pens but I actually think this was a half decent one - a case of a good save vs a bad pen. Which makes it even better!
1
The Double Save on 23:37 - Oct 9 with 614 viewsBristolR

The Double Save on 22:42 - Oct 9 by bosh67

The pen save is so good because it's struck hard and low and he gets his left hand below his body to keep that out and then the second save is astonishing agility to even be up quick enough and able to spring to his left to get that onto the post.

You build a team around this keeper (amazingly) and with City in all sorts of trouble I would be sitting there at QPR Towers wondering how we buy him off City, even at the price they paid for him and the add ons.

Quite possibly a generational talent. Watched him in the NI games and he's a one off.


I also watched the NI game, then the England game the day after and I’d say I’d be far happier with the Prince in goal than Prickford

We have to try and sign this guy, hopefully we are
1
The Double Save on 23:44 - Oct 9 with 564 viewsHugey

Unbelievably quick feet to set himself for the second save
0
Login to get fewer ads

The Double Save on 23:45 - Oct 9 with 561 viewsJohnBurkeQPR

I'm honestly worried he gets recalled by Man City in January. Feels very much like a case of Kyle Walker.

When he wins the PL and CL he will be one of those players I'll be saying I can't believe he played for us
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026