Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Mackie 21:16 - Apr 9 with 13005 viewsMarshy

Looking forward to seeing him on Saturday. Just wish it would still be in a hooped shirt!

Why we had to sell a player like Mackie, and replace him with some of the dross we've signed and taken on loan is beyond me.
Jamie Mackie on 16:00 - Apr 10 with 1781 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Mackie on 15:49 - Apr 10 by Nov77

Please don't deliberately misrepresent me, my exact words were 'your post is hysterical'. I attacked the content of his post, not the person.

I'll ask you again, how many times have you paid money and watched mackie in the flesh, not on a dodgy stream?

why do you think your opinion is more valid than others?

Nov. I've been a ST holder for 25 years. I get to most away games. So I don't know how many games exactly, as I don't keep a reliable record.

You said:

'Your post is hysterical, like a schoolgirl whose been told that actually Justin bieber isn't very talented.'

If that isn't patronising, I'm not sure what is. You compared Clive to a hysterical schoolgirl. At the very least it was insulting and uncalled for.

My opinion isn't necessarily more valid. Just on this occasion it's more valid than yours. As I explained. You are wrong on this occasion.

Bare bones.

Jamie Mackie on 16:13 - Apr 10 with 1755 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jamie Mackie on 14:16 - Apr 10 by Match82

Wasn't there a rumour about this at the time, something about Mackie going because he was a bad influence in the dressing room? Or was it perhaps as simple as Redknapp trying to assert his authority on the dressing room? If so, that's a pretty stupid thing to do.

I'd agree with the majority on this thread, that it was a ridiculous decision which goes against everything we've been told about "the right sort", but I wonder if there's something we don't know (as usual)...

First I've heard of it, Match.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jamie Mackie on 16:16 - Apr 10 with 1748 viewsW7Ranger

If ever there was a need for "the right sort" this season, Mackie was it!!
Jamie Mackie on 17:39 - Apr 10 with 1672 viewsheadhoops

by his own admission an average footballer who makes up for it with sheer hard work. As opposed to Harrys overage journeymen who cant even make it out of the treatment room except to pick up £30 - 40 grand.
His goals ignited our promotion campaign and alongside Derry, Ali and Hill we never gave in - take a look at Harry's next team sheet and compare.

as for any top2-3 players who put a shift in - Gary Waddock.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Jamie Mackie on 17:59 - Apr 10 with 1645 viewsW7Ranger

Jamie Mackie on 17:39 - Apr 10 by headhoops

by his own admission an average footballer who makes up for it with sheer hard work. As opposed to Harrys overage journeymen who cant even make it out of the treatment room except to pick up £30 - 40 grand.
His goals ignited our promotion campaign and alongside Derry, Ali and Hill we never gave in - take a look at Harry's next team sheet and compare.

as for any top2-3 players who put a shift in - Gary Waddock.

I think if you were to list all the players that have had a majorly positive influence/impact on the Team and Club as a whole in the last 4-5 years, I'm pretty sure most fans would have Mackie in there list. Alongside the likes of Adel, Ale, Kenny, Hill, Derry, HH and Austin.

Notable mention for Crouch for his awful game against us, and then brilliant game against Bolton the following week!
Jamie Mackie on 18:33 - Apr 10 with 1597 viewsmorgantwin

Jamie Mackie on 17:59 - Apr 10 by W7Ranger

I think if you were to list all the players that have had a majorly positive influence/impact on the Team and Club as a whole in the last 4-5 years, I'm pretty sure most fans would have Mackie in there list. Alongside the likes of Adel, Ale, Kenny, Hill, Derry, HH and Austin.

Notable mention for Crouch for his awful game against us, and then brilliant game against Bolton the following week!

mackie blood and guts player which is marvelous but,the amount of goals he has scored
for us isnt good enough in a season we need twenty goal a season players up front not
someone who gets eight a season

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

Jamie Mackie on 18:40 - Apr 10 with 1602 viewsW7Ranger

Jamie Mackie on 18:33 - Apr 10 by morgantwin

mackie blood and guts player which is marvelous but,the amount of goals he has scored
for us isnt good enough in a season we need twenty goal a season players up front not

You'll have to go back a few years then. You're basically saying every forward we've had since probably Sir Les hasn't been good enough then?

HH, Gallen, Furlong, Spencer, Crouch etc... no good?

Mackie gave the team more than just goals - and who's to say he wouldn't have got 20 goals had he not got injured in the promotion season?

He wasn't an out and out forward anyway.
Jamie Mackie on 18:46 - Apr 10 with 1596 viewsMarshy

Jamie Mackie on 18:33 - Apr 10 by morgantwin

Seeing that after Charlie our next top scorer is Ravel on 5, then 8 goals in a season doesn't seem all that bad. In any case Mackie brought a lot more to the team than just scoring. He had loads of pace, made lots of assists, and could unsettle defences. He had commitment and passion which is sadly lacking with so many of our players this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Mackie on 20:03 - Apr 10 with 1549 viewsconnell10

WE WANT OUR MACKIE BACK, WE WANT OUR MACKIE BACK, WE WANT OUR MACKIE BACK , WE WANT OUR MACKIE BACK! oh and if you can see your way clear can we also have adel back as that would be nice!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jamie Mackie on 21:24 - Apr 10 with 1508 viewsClive_Anderson

Jamie Mackie on 14:29 - Apr 10 by CFW

I like Jamie Mackie - no problem at all and cannot argue he always gave his best.

At Forest he has played 33 league games (7 as sub) and scored 4 goals and he is a striker.

Rest my case.

"At Forest he has played 33 league games"

Already a lot better than most of our strikers then regardless of how well he played.
Jamie Mackie on 22:30 - Apr 10 with 1465 viewsconnell10

just listen to his interview on london calling and he stated arry said he basically wouldnt be playing this season if he stayed at rangers! jamie stated he would have played in the championship for us and if offered would have signed a contract to stay at rangers for all of his footballing life! in arry,s favour he did say he was pleased that arry boy had been so honest with him about his future at our club! also stated he wont be celebrating if he scores, i really think he is the right sort!

Jamie Mackie on 22:37 - Apr 10 with 1460 views08olesen

Jamie Mackie on 20:03 - Apr 10 by connell10

WE WANT OUR MACKIE BACK, WE WANT OUR MACKIE BACK, WE WANT OUR MACKIE BACK , WE WANT OUR MACKIE BACK! oh and if you can see your way clear can we also have adel back as that would be nice!

+1

Poll: Who will the other play off

Jamie Mackie on 22:41 - Apr 10 with 1452 viewsNorthernr

Jamie Mackie on 14:54 - Apr 10 by Nov77

that's pretty patronising! Just one question, how many times have you seen Mackie play in the flesh?

Pot kettle black.
Jamie Mackie on 22:42 - Apr 10 with 1451 viewsNorthernr

Jamie Mackie on 14:29 - Apr 10 by CFW

I like Jamie Mackie - no problem at all and cannot argue he always gave his best.

At Forest he has played 33 league games (7 as sub) and scored 4 goals and he is a striker.

Rest my case.

Doesn't play as a striker for Forest, but carry on.
Jamie Mackie on 22:52 - Apr 10 with 1438 viewssimmo

I have no idea why some of you support QPR. Like I said on the match thread recently, it's not about the winning, it never has been. It's all about having a team I can be proud of.

Jamie Mackie is a player you can be proud of, nearly everything I want in a QPR player is in him and those that think he's not good enough - I hope you've enjoyed the dogshit performances from SWP, Zamora, Maiga and the other 'bigger names'. You deserve them you tw@ts.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jamie Mackie on 23:18 - Apr 10 with 1413 viewsconnell10

Jamie Mackie on 22:52 - Apr 10 by simmo

I have no idea why some of you support QPR. Like I said on the match thread recently, it's not about the winning, it never has been. It's all about having a team I can be proud of.

Jamie Mackie is a player you can be proud of, nearly everything I want in a QPR player is in him and those that think he's not good enough - I hope you've enjoyed the dogshit performances from SWP, Zamora, Maiga and the other 'bigger names'. You deserve them you tw@ts.

yep sometimes our so called fans get exactly what they deserve, god i can even remember getting excited myself at the signing of all the bertie big bollox players, how wrong i was! like the kid who won the golden ticket only to find willy wonka is really jimmy saville dressed up and augustus gloop has ate all the chocolate in the factory!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Mackie on 00:46 - Apr 11 with 1374 viewsNorthernr

Jamie Mackie on 02:51 - Apr 10 by Nov77

Here we go again, let's nail this once and for all, of all the forwards and midfielders on our books last season, only Mbia, adel and Granero started more games than Mackie, so how can you say we didn't give him first team football here? He was given more game time than his performances deserved.

We didn't 'get rid' of him, he put in a written transfer request.

Your post is hysterical, like a schoolgirl whose been told that actually Justin bieber isn't very talented.

Ok, well let's nail this once and for all then like you say. Jamie Mackie on London Call In tonight - keen to stay at QPR for the rest of his career but wanted to play football regularly, Harry Redknapp told him he would "hardly ever" play because of the new players coming in, he appreciated the honesty and looked elsewhere.

personally I absolutely love watching all of the wonderful new additions and right sorts Harry brought in instead of him. Another first half with Gary O'Neil playing Mackie's position before being hooked at half time? Yes please.

Sorry if that's too hysterical for you.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jamie Mackie on 00:49 - Apr 11 with 1371 viewsFDC

I enjoyed watching mackie play for qpr.

I don't enjoy watching any of this lot play for qpr.
Jamie Mackie on 01:27 - Apr 11 with 1354 viewsPunteR

Hysterical? When I heard the news that Mackie was leaving I thought I took it quite well...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jamie Mackie on 08:39 - Apr 11 with 1289 viewsMytch_QPR

Jamie Mackie on 22:42 - Apr 10 by Northernr

Doesn't play as a striker for Forest, but carry on.

Not wishing to stoke up the debate further (then contradicts himself by saying)...
but Mackie is listed as a striker on the BBC sport site and Nottm Forest website.

To be fair, I'm sure that JM himself is probably not too happy with 4 league goals this season.
We should never forget the start he gave us to the promotion season, but I don't think he has been the same - understandably - since the leg break at Ewood Pk.
As I mentioned in a previous post, you can't judge Mackie by goals alone - he causes unrest in defences by running at them and often holds up the ball to create the goal for another player.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Jamie Mackie on 08:43 - Apr 11 with 1278 viewsessextaxiboy

Jamie Mackie on 22:52 - Apr 10 by simmo

It may be all about that for you , for me its about winning and progression . I enjoy the struggle and the constant roller coaster ride of it . I love the history and tradition of the club and the sense of belonging to something differant and special . The name is unique , so is the kit . I dont go to be "entertained" . I like my football partisan and edgy . ..
Jamie Mackie on 08:48 - Apr 11 with 1271 viewsessextaxiboy

Jamie Mackie on 00:46 - Apr 11 by Northernr

Ok, well let's nail this once and for all then like you say. Jamie Mackie on London Call In tonight - keen to stay at QPR for the rest of his career but wanted to play football regularly, Harry Redknapp told him he would "hardly ever" play because of the new players coming in, he appreciated the honesty and looked elsewhere.

personally I absolutely love watching all of the wonderful new additions and right sorts Harry brought in instead of him. Another first half with Gary O'Neil playing Mackie's position before being hooked at half time? Yes please.

Sorry if that's too hysterical for you.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If Phillips had stayed fit , IMO Mackie would not have played much . He could have stayed and scrapped for a place and would be playing now anyway .
Jamie Mackie on 08:55 - Apr 11 with 1255 viewsMytch_QPR

Jamie Mackie on 08:43 - Apr 11 by essextaxiboy

It may be all about that for you , for me its about winning and progression . I enjoy the struggle and the constant roller coaster ride of it . I love the history and tradition of the club and the sense of belonging to something differant and special . The name is unique , so is the kit . I dont go to be "entertained" . I like my football partisan and edgy . ..

I'm with you on pretty much all of that - but I do like to be entertained in the sense that I like to watch free-flowing, attacking football. If we play well and get beaten I don't have a problem with it, but the general feeling is that most of the current squad don't give the impression they care, unlike Mackie - who makes up for in commitment and effort what he lacks in skill and finesse.

Good post - and sums up what makes us different to a lot of glory hunting PL 'supporters'.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Jamie Mackie on 08:59 - Apr 11 with 1250 viewsPinnerPaul

Most on here written with hindsight.

Philips his replacement a better player IMHO, and was showing that before he got injured.

Mackie has done OK at Forest, no more, no less than that, has been an ever present - can't see that selling him is symptomatic of a complete meltdown at manager and board level as some suggest.
Jamie Mackie on 09:23 - Apr 11 with 1211 viewstoboboly

Jamie Mackie on 08:48 - Apr 11 by essextaxiboy

If Phillips had stayed fit , IMO Mackie would not have played much . He could have stayed and scrapped for a place and would be playing now anyway .

No. He'd have been behind o'neil, Niko, ltc, Zamora, Maiga, Keene, doyle, hoilett, swp.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024