Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... 19:11 - May 11 with 8276 viewsDrewster

Derby fans look like idiots out there. Haven't won anything yet.
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 22:43 - May 11 with 1723 viewsWeaverQPR

If we win please stay seated and clap quietly at the end, a small cheer or a bravo bravo will suffice.

@WeavQPR

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... (n/t) on 22:57 - May 11 with 1703 viewsPunteR

[Post edited 12 May 2014 6:41]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 00:04 - May 12 with 1641 viewsRs_Holy

Sorry but people should stay off the pitch ffs! if the players dont do a lap of honour at the end because of a couple of hundred fans wanting to be the centre of attention then that is totally selfish... There are some fans who physically cannot get on the pitch so it must be even more infuriating for them!... Rant over
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 00:18 - May 12 with 1629 viewsthemodfather

er for the leeds promo game i thought i'd be cheeky go down stairs and thru the gates, they have a sliding catch....and room for a hand to get thru and open,they padlocked it! yep a fire exit but to prevent a pitch invasion made sense, maybe....i then tired to re-enter ground but no chance, a wll of stewards stopped me, see they can
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 01:35 - May 12 with 1583 viewsTrom

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 19:58 - May 11 by Northernr

It's easily done if everybody goes on, Young North has done it before. You can nip down the back stairs and either go out through the paddocks or through the lower loft past the back alley by the blue and white bar.

Still, not sure my ability to get on the pitch or otherwise affects the point.

Quality it takes time and thought to get to the pitch clearly from where you are. Most of us could make it less than that ;:
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 02:14 - May 12 with 1570 viewsFredManRave

Each to their own but I think that a pitch invasion after a win would be more than understandable. After a season offering very little in the way of entertainment and emotion and with a manager who, quite frankly, appears as if he doesn't actually want to be anywhere near the club and has no relationship with the fans and with what we suffered from the last two seasons in the Premiership and the expectations for this season a release of positive emotion and celebration of a pending trip to Wembley would make a pitch invasion understandable, imo.

And if it does happen then I hope it's over quickly, with everybody returning to their seats so the players could come out and do their last home game lap of honour.

So a win win after a win is what I'm hoping for tomorrow...
[Post edited 12 May 2014 2:15]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 02:26 - May 12 with 1567 viewsRangersAreBack

What a miserable lot. If we win and I feel like going on the pitch to celebrate then go on the pitch I shall. Honestly, life is too short...
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 03:00 - May 12 with 1562 viewsWeaverQPR

We are hardly regulars at showpiece finals so why not celebrate on the pitch.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 04:12 - May 12 with 1550 viewssingapore_dave

I havn't been on the pitch since '76 as a 15 year old but I don't see it as a big problem.
Just enjoy the moment if it happens. The pitch will be cleared in 10 minutes and the team can still come out.
I just wish I had the decision to invade or not to make. As it is I will be in my front room waking the house up at 5am if we do it. I very nearly came back but with a final to ( hopefully ) come back for and a paid up trip to Brazil for the world cup in a months time it was just too much.
I came back for the Oldham games ( and again for the final ) and I am just gutted I won't be there so just be thankful and enjoy it ! COYRS !
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 07:08 - May 12 with 1516 viewsHayesender

The fulham game in 83 is still my favourite pitch invasion game.

Seemed to be a pitch invasion after every goal. I must have watched the game from three different stands.

I won't be ggoing on tonight though IF we win

Poll: Shamima Beghum

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 07:23 - May 12 with 1506 viewsBluce_Ree

It's the saddest fking thing.

Pitch is for the players. Pitch invasions are embarrassing.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 07:43 - May 12 with 1491 viewsenfieldargh

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 22:04 - May 11 by Deano19766

Yep. Second that. When I was a teenager (late 80's and early 90's) we always went on the pitch last game of the season. Was always a nice touch and very enjoyable. Don't understand all the fuss about it.............or should these negative opinions of going on the pitch be yet ANOTHER thing I hate about modern football?
[Post edited 11 May 2014 22:05]

in those days the players would go into the directors box and salute the fans.

At the promotion celebration the team Amit etc did a lap of honour but didnt get all the way around before knobends invaded the pitch...gets right up my nose, (which is pretty big)

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 07:59 - May 12 with 1478 views18StoneOfHoop

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 07:23 - May 12 by Bluce_Ree

It's the saddest fking thing.

Pitch is for the players. Pitch invasions are embarrassing.

Who made you the judge,the jury and the filth?

Get fed up with all the self-appointed Messageboard with all the proscriptions.

Be young,be foolish,be happy (and noisy!)

The posts and attitude I most endorse on this thread are from
(1)CroydonCaptJack:
'Blimey there's some miserable so and so's on here.'

(2)queens parker:
'Can't see it does much harm.'

and (3) WeaverQPR's biting sarcasm :
'Also no swearing or standing up.'
'If we win please stay seated & clap quietly at the end,a small cheer or a bravo,bravo will suffice.'

Also agree with tolerant posts from benbu,Juzzie,HollowayRanger ,OakR,connel10 and singapore_dave,FredManRave and the attitude of Clive's more fun less grumpy younger brother.

I won't be going on the pitch myself but I won't condemn others for doing so.
[Post edited 12 May 2014 8:06]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 08:23 - May 12 with 1452 viewsstowmarketrange

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 07:43 - May 12 by enfieldargh

in those days the players would go into the directors box and salute the fans.

At the promotion celebration the team Amit etc did a lap of honour but didnt get all the way around before knobends invaded the pitch...gets right up my nose, (which is pretty big)

I totally agree mate.All the people who had seen the trophy paraded round their sides of the pitch decided to invade the pitch and ruined for those who hadn't seen the team and trophy up close,or had the chance to take pictures of the players celebrating in front of them.
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 08:40 - May 12 with 1426 viewsMytch_QPR

I think it must be a natural selection / IQ kind of thing, particularly if you're over 18.

I always thought the pitch was for football. Presumably those people who do it assume it's okay to drive on the pavement or pee in the kitchen sink.

And, as has been well pointed out by a few better informed posters - even if we win tonight we've won nought (yet).

Sorry to sound grumpy - COYRs!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 08:43 - May 12 with 1376 viewsPommyhoop

I wont be there but I've instructed my Nephew If he gets on to try his hardest to get Remy's shirt..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 08:52 - May 12 with 1367 viewsingeminate

Only time I invaded the pitch was when we thrashed Crystal Palace, in the process I managed to get myself attacked by a copper who was hopelessly trying to stop the invasion. I say hopeless as aside from me hundreds were pouring from every angle.

Specific to me he was effective and had my arm behind the back at the bottom of the R-Block. I had ducked past two stewards first and he must have got a bit caught up in the moment because it was only when he got a load of abuse from pretty much everyone around him that he stopped telling me my rights and just bundled me back in to the stands and then strolled off.

He absolutely clobbered me in the process, tore my jacket and gave me proper nasty blue/black bruises all over - then again they had said don't run on the pitch and I did.

I think there is not much harm so long as they nip on and nip off, don't make the daft arm gestures at the oppo supporters.

completely agree it is annoying if they stay on for ages and stops the team coming back out.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 09:09 - May 12 with 1344 viewsStanisgod

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 19:48 - May 11 by Northernr

No pitch invasion after Oldham - got a good half an hour with the players out there and everybody going mental.
Chances are tomorrow night if we do win the players will be chased off the pitch and we'll have 10 minutes looking at 800 people filming themselves on their phones out on the pitch.

That's exactly what will happen. Would love to have the players come round as per Oldham if we win, but the f@cking morons will put paid to that. It actually wants OB to start arresting a few and then they MIGHT just get it's a criminal offence and p@ss off back to school.

Rant over

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 09:10 - May 12 with 1342 viewssimmo

I just don't get why. What will you do when you're on there? Have a moment when you realise you're stood on a pitch? Is that it?

If it turns out that you have won something considerable, a legaue win after many years or a Jimmy Glass style last minute winner to keep you in the football league etc, I can understand getting carried away in the moment and celebrating with the players. But to run on just because it's the last game of the season to jump up and down near the dug out is ridiculous. The Millwall pitch invasion was embarrassing for all involved.

You know it's going to happen tomorrow if we win, and will be a complete waste of time.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 09:14 - May 12 with 1339 viewsBlackCrowe

It's a play-off match FFS not the final or winning the league (we came 4th remember). Pitch invasions for anyone other than U16s, squirrels or Holloway taking his selfie (I truly can't believe you wrote that unless you're being ironic) is a bit embarrassing.
[Post edited 12 May 2014 11:01]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 10:16 - May 12 with 1301 viewsRangersw12

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 19:12 - May 11 by Northernr

No chance. Everybody invades the pitch now at the first possible opportunity. And then whip their mobile phones out to film themselves out there. Bell ends.

Is it ok if people sing and make noise tonight ?
IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 10:22 - May 12 with 1296 viewsMytch_QPR

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 10:16 - May 12 by Rangersw12

Is it ok if people sing and make noise tonight ?

Acceptable (and would make a welcome difference, based on my visits to HQ this season).

Streakers are also acceptable (female preferred - ideally without a beard, like Conchita) particularly if they disrupt a particularly promising Wigan attack. That's the only form of pitch invasion that I find agreeable, as it's a personal statement of liberty by the streaker (and normally fairly hilarious as the stewards have to show a turn of pace that they generally don't possess).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 11:24 - May 12 with 1257 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If people want to do it that's up to them. However please do not crash into the stationary Metallica in your haste to get on 😍

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 11:32 - May 12 with 1251 viewsTheBlob

Can't you have a pitch invasion in your own back gardens?There's a little patch by the swing which should be ideal.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

IF we win tomorrow, please don't invade to pitch... on 11:41 - May 12 with 1244 viewskingsburyR

Love a good argument on the message board.

I'm all for a quick invasion but get the fu(k off within 5 mins to allow the team to come back out and show their appreciation of the noise we make tonight!

Being in the upper loft unless I swan dive onto the goal net then ill remain in my seat.

Still bugs me that the championship trophy never made it to the loft on the lap of honour three years ago!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024