Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what does everyone on here do for a living 08:43 - Jul 3 with 37619 viewsrrrspricey

...or pretend to do when the're actually spending their days trawling through the sh1t posted on here

I work as a Project Manager for a private medical insurer in sunny Tunbridge Wells
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:49 - Jul 8 with 2055 viewsFredManRave

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 12:04 - Jul 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Quit last week, and handed my written notice in this morning.

Time to start something new and inspiring.

If it goes wrong I'm blaming this thread, and each of you prersonally!

There's a *not very well paid* job for you on here as an "action updater" (great job title) on the match threads starting in August with a 10 month contract, hours subject to change at short notice due to SKY.

*That should actually read, not paid but you're efforts are always well appreciated.

Good Luck in your new (ad)venture...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:58 - Jul 8 with 2036 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:49 - Jul 8 by FredManRave

There's a *not very well paid* job for you on here as an "action updater" (great job title) on the match threads starting in August with a 10 month contract, hours subject to change at short notice due to SKY.

*That should actually read, not paid but you're efforts and are always well appreciated.

Good Luck in your new (ad)venture...

Thanks for the best wishes, Fred.

I'll still be on for the Action Updater job, only if distortR reverses my ban, mind you!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 17:18 - Jul 8 with 2003 viewsRamseyR

Made redundant last year after 32 years with the John Lewis Partnership. ...although it was a good job it came with very long days/ stress/ and loads of sh*t. Paid me off loads to go. Now self employed in our own (my wife's) e-commerce business. Never had a better work/life balance.
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 17:31 - Jul 8 with 1980 viewsRedbourneR

I was an editor for many years in book publishing. Grew sick of the office and mad paranoid bosses so left to go freelance about fourteen years ago. Thought I'd just carry on with the editing but I've done a fair amount of writing too, mostly helping other people write their books. It's been great, although not as well paid as I'd have liked. You have to learn to be someone else, in a way, but I've met some really interesting - and in some cases amazing - people, and done some interesting things too.

Advice to anyone thinking of going freelance: build up your contact list, get an accountant, find (if you can) some source of regular money that pays the monthly bills so you don't have to panic every four weeks. And save a lot - the tax man isn't very friendly to the freelancer ...
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 17:54 - Jul 8 with 1954 viewsDorsetR

IT Infrastructure manage in the NHS, interesting work and can be rewarding , even though we are not patient facing we feel we are contributing. Some of the work is ground-breaking , for example, no more x-rays being carried around hospitals. A lot if it is standard IT work , backups, upgrades, data security etc, which people don't always expect when they come into it. Good days are when it all works, bad days are when it all stops working
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 18:49 - Jul 8 with 1909 viewsdistortR

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:58 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the best wishes, Fred.

I'll still be on for the Action Updater job, only if distortR reverses my ban, mind you!

I had my drunken reasons........
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 11:38 - Jul 11 with 1816 viewsenfieldargh

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 20:52 - Jul 3 by michael67

Self employed handyman. Decided on this after working for too many w ankers. Did work for a long time in the building industry where they just basically too the pi ss. Was a supervisor twice, but not for me. Happy dealing with clients direct now.

do you own a white van and park outside the Oakwood Tavern near Enfield. See it parked there sometimes with a Rangers sticker on it?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 11:40 - Jul 11 with 1811 viewsenfieldargh

importer of artificial flowers, wedding stuff, Christmas decs, soppy looking owls and fairies....safer than being a lion tamer

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 11:58 - Jul 11 with 1795 viewsFDC

As of October doing research at Chinese University of Hong Kong in brain plasticity and language learning.
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 13:13 - Jul 11 with 1755 viewsThe_Mole

I run Indoor 5-aside leagues in Watford, Rickmansworth and soon, hopefully Ruislip...
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 23:02 - Jul 11 with 1699 viewsNordicR

I rarely post, but have been reading this board since the Rivals days.
I'm working shift at a factory just outside my town. It's usually pretty easy days with half the time in a control room and the rest out taking samples etc. The pay is ok, but it's the work schedule that makes me stay at this place. I get to spend more time at home than at work.
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 23:59 - Jul 11 with 1680 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Engineering consultancy - ground source heat pumps.

Used to be installers until the credit crunch and paradoxically the government incentive scheme sent us down the soul destroying route of redundancies and finally administration.

It's got to be Yarg

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 13:58 - Jul 19 with 1585 viewskarl

Possibly/probably due to this thread picked up the baton and signed for a degree course at Open University in accounting. Apart from a few minor things through work haven't done anything academic for over 30 yrs. DistortR has been blamed enough on this thread but his name can't be said in our household without my lack of qualifications rearing it's head! Haha I await his response to my cerebral ability
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 14:40 - Jul 19 with 1548 viewstimcocking

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 12:45 - Jul 7 by WatfordR

I'm not going to suggest that walking away and then looking for something else to do (like I did) is remotely sensible. And working for yourself, particularly to start with, requires incredible amounts of commitment, time, and quite possibly money. I know lots of people through market trading who spent money - sometimes ridiculous amounts - on trying to make a living from an interest or idea, without ever doing any research to find out whether they could turn it into a viable business.

There was a good series on BBC (I think) a few months back called "The Restaurant Man", featuring a successful restaurateur who tried to help and advise people who wanted to set up restaurants, mainly with no previous catering experience. Think Kevin MCCloud on "Grand Designs", its a similar format.

Four episodes with two financial disasters, one that could go either way, and just one success. Id recommend watching the series for anyone thinking of setting up their own business. Its a good reality check.

Dealing with the health and safety regulations alone is staggeringly time consuming and expensive and stressful, despite being utterly pointless.

How I loathe health and safety...
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 15:36 - Jul 19 with 1508 viewsPinnerR

Safely retired to the South Coast (should really change my user name) after 35 years of teaching; and I'm still sane, it's just everyone else...
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:24 - Jul 19 with 1485 viewsfacto

by day mild mannered gsr engineer and electrical installations bod........by night south essex super hero!
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:26 - Jul 19 with 1481 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

I work for Sky
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:45 - Jul 19 with 1464 viewsfacto

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:26 - Jul 19 by Orthodox_Hoop

I work for Sky

your'e jeff steling aint you
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 17:03 - Jul 19 with 1452 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 16:45 - Jul 19 by facto

your'e jeff steling aint you

Close. Natalie Sawyer.
So what does everyone on here do for a living on 17:05 - Jul 19 with 1448 viewsfacto

So what does everyone on here do for a living on 17:03 - Jul 19 by Orthodox_Hoop

Close. Natalie Sawyer.

.....is it the size of sam matterfaces's schlong?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024