Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey post match interview 08:44 - Oct 31 with 4719 viewsellersliehoop

He basically said we went for a draw..........

We're playing Brentford and we went for a draw, is that how bad we've got? His interview was embarassing
Ramsey post match interview on 09:23 - Oct 31 with 3801 viewsbosh67

At the end of the first half I turned to my dad and said, I'll take a point tonight because of the atmosphere but we can take this team. Second half we didn't turn up. We weren't awful but we produced nothing and played zero football.

I felt slightly sorry for Ramsey as he walked off the pitch. He looked gutted. One thing we haven't taken into account is the Hill injury. He had to use a last defensive sub. Perch actually looked much sharper for once but his option to bring on Ale or even throw Polter up front went out the window.

I think most of us would have taken a point. Brentford were limited but they were up for it and they played with a lot of heart. We don't have the where with all to get out of 2nd gear. I am sure Ramsey knows this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ramsey post match interview on 09:47 - Oct 31 with 3743 viewsellersliehoop

Ramsey post match interview on 09:23 - Oct 31 by bosh67

At the end of the first half I turned to my dad and said, I'll take a point tonight because of the atmosphere but we can take this team. Second half we didn't turn up. We weren't awful but we produced nothing and played zero football.

I felt slightly sorry for Ramsey as he walked off the pitch. He looked gutted. One thing we haven't taken into account is the Hill injury. He had to use a last defensive sub. Perch actually looked much sharper for once but his option to bring on Ale or even throw Polter up front went out the window.

I think most of us would have taken a point. Brentford were limited but they were up for it and they played with a lot of heart. We don't have the where with all to get out of 2nd gear. I am sure Ramsey knows this.

But removing Chery & Luongo removes all our creative threat, we could have brought on Messi instead of Austin and it would have made no difference whatsoever
Ramsey post match interview on 09:54 - Oct 31 with 3695 viewsBlue_Castello

My first question to Chris would be what game were you watching and QPR were the team in blue and white in case you were confused.

He stands in front of the Sky reporter and says we didn't take our chances, the man is deranged or can't evaluate a football match. The stats show we had seven shots two on target, those two were brilliant individual pieces of skill from Luongo where in the first he got a great header on target and the second he created an opening for himself and then got a good shot on goal that hit the post. Neither of those were easy he got a header on target from a very difficult position and the other was a shot after a good piece of dribbling into the box.

We didn't create any opportunities where a player missed an obvious chance to score a goal not once. According to Ramsey we gave the ball away too many times tonight, he's not wrong there he must have been watching the same game after all. What the F do they do in training all week, we're not after perfection but hope for a higher percentage of our passes to go to our players. We totally gave away the midfield in the second half, this was made even worse when we removed both Chery and Luongo which made us toothless in attack.

Ramsey also says on the Offish we created the more clear cut chances, NO we hit the woodwork twice where Luongo did brilliantly to get a great header on target and a shot from a superb piece of dribbling, sorry I'm repeating myself that's the effect Ramsey has on me......

Edit - I had serious memory loss and have been corrected we did have one very good chance to score when Philips headed straight at the keeper, that should have been scored and may have been a game changer.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 12:59]
Ramsey post match interview on 09:58 - Oct 31 with 3686 viewsellersliehoop

Ramsey post match interview on 09:54 - Oct 31 by Blue_Castello

My first question to Chris would be what game were you watching and QPR were the team in blue and white in case you were confused.

He stands in front of the Sky reporter and says we didn't take our chances, the man is deranged or can't evaluate a football match. The stats show we had seven shots two on target, those two were brilliant individual pieces of skill from Luongo where in the first he got a great header on target and the second he created an opening for himself and then got a good shot on goal that hit the post. Neither of those were easy he got a header on target from a very difficult position and the other was a shot after a good piece of dribbling into the box.

We didn't create any opportunities where a player missed an obvious chance to score a goal not once. According to Ramsey we gave the ball away too many times tonight, he's not wrong there he must have been watching the same game after all. What the F do they do in training all week, we're not after perfection but hope for a higher percentage of our passes to go to our players. We totally gave away the midfield in the second half, this was made even worse when we removed both Chery and Luongo which made us toothless in attack.

Ramsey also says on the Offish we created the more clear cut chances, NO we hit the woodwork twice where Luongo did brilliantly to get a great header on target and a shot from a superb piece of dribbling, sorry I'm repeating myself that's the effect Ramsey has on me......

Edit - I had serious memory loss and have been corrected we did have one very good chance to score when Philips headed straight at the keeper, that should have been scored and may have been a game changer.

Spot on, we created nothing

I was cringing listening to him
Ramsey post match interview on 11:15 - Oct 31 with 3589 viewsNeil_SI

"We didn't create any opportunities where a player missed an obvious chance to score a goal not once."

We did, aside from those two efforts off of the woodwork, which we were desperately unlucky not to open the scoring through Luongo's strike off of the post, Matt Phillips missed a glorious chance in the second half with a tame header from a cross into the box. He was free and unmarked at the back post, and should have done a lot better than he did.

So we had three opportunities to take the lead before Brentford scored. They took their only real chance from a mistake from us (aside from one reactionary Green save), but we didn't take ours. The performance disintegrated after Phillips missed that chance and then we gifted them a soft goal.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 11:16]
Ramsey post match interview on 11:20 - Oct 31 with 3565 viewsBushman

I think you have to ask why Austin hardly touched the ball whilst he was on the pitch.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Ramsey post match interview on 11:24 - Oct 31 with 3552 viewsstevec

Ramsey post match interview on 11:15 - Oct 31 by Neil_SI

"We didn't create any opportunities where a player missed an obvious chance to score a goal not once."

We did, aside from those two efforts off of the woodwork, which we were desperately unlucky not to open the scoring through Luongo's strike off of the post, Matt Phillips missed a glorious chance in the second half with a tame header from a cross into the box. He was free and unmarked at the back post, and should have done a lot better than he did.

So we had three opportunities to take the lead before Brentford scored. They took their only real chance from a mistake from us (aside from one reactionary Green save), but we didn't take ours. The performance disintegrated after Phillips missed that chance and then we gifted them a soft goal.

Could've, should've, would've.
Ramsey post match interview on 11:42 - Oct 31 with 3511 viewsdaveB

Ramsey post match interview on 09:47 - Oct 31 by ellersliehoop

But removing Chery & Luongo removes all our creative threat, we could have brought on Messi instead of Austin and it would have made no difference whatsoever

Chery hadn't created anything all night so was the right decision to take him off. A draw would have been a decent result, Brentford are a good side
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey post match interview on 11:44 - Oct 31 with 3506 viewsdaveB

Phillips missed a pretty easy chance at 0-0, Chery as well when clean through blasted a ridiculous shot well wide when he should have hit the target. Very few chances in the game but we didn't take ours
Ramsey post match interview on 11:46 - Oct 31 with 3490 viewsdaveB

Ramsey post match interview on 11:20 - Oct 31 by Bushman

I think you have to ask why Austin hardly touched the ball whilst he was on the pitch.

because we switched to 4-4-2 which meant we didn't have enough of the ball and therefore created nothing. Austin and JET had to go deep and wide to get the ball so were never going to hurt Brentford. I thought it showed up the myth that 4-4-2 is more attacking, it isn't
Ramsey post match interview on 11:50 - Oct 31 with 3460 viewsDiscodroids

I used to get sleep paralysis a lot , my brain was awake but my body lay dormant unable to move and groaning like moonpie in Rollerball ..and as i lay there drooling on the sette last night watching the interview, I thought to myself...chris ramseys a lot like sleep paralysis isnt he ..
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 11:51]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey post match interview on 12:03 - Oct 31 with 3403 viewsBlue_Castello

Sorry you are correct I guess my anger was clouding my judgement or memory probably both, the Philips chance was definitely a clear chance on goal which he should have buried, if it had fallen to Austin then we would have very likely been 1-0 up. That was a clear chance created by his fellow team mate the other two superb efforts on goal by Luongo were not easy in any shape or form.

The Chery shot on goal from distance was disappointing but certainly not a clear chance, just a snap shot off target.
Tactically going to 4-4-2 with the personnel he left on the pitch was a disaster, Chery wasn't having a great game but he was an attacking threat and Luongo looked our best player until he was taken off again.

Well it' certainly showed we can't play Henry and Toszer in a 4-4-2 , it's a good formation if you have the players we don't , but it does work for teams like Burnley who have a strong midfield four, and a manager who knows how it works.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 12:12]
Ramsey post match interview on 12:17 - Oct 31 with 3346 viewsNeil_SI

Ramsey post match interview on 12:03 - Oct 31 by Blue_Castello

Sorry you are correct I guess my anger was clouding my judgement or memory probably both, the Philips chance was definitely a clear chance on goal which he should have buried, if it had fallen to Austin then we would have very likely been 1-0 up. That was a clear chance created by his fellow team mate the other two superb efforts on goal by Luongo were not easy in any shape or form.

The Chery shot on goal from distance was disappointing but certainly not a clear chance, just a snap shot off target.
Tactically going to 4-4-2 with the personnel he left on the pitch was a disaster, Chery wasn't having a great game but he was an attacking threat and Luongo looked our best player until he was taken off again.

Well it' certainly showed we can't play Henry and Toszer in a 4-4-2 , it's a good formation if you have the players we don't , but it does work for teams like Burnley who have a strong midfield four, and a manager who knows how it works.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 12:12]

Yeah, certainly if Austin was on the end of that, you'd expect it would have ended up in the back of the net, but it's just one of those things I suppose. Phillips has got himself in the right position and supported the cross into the box well, but he never really looked confident in himself, and that's what he needs to work on. At least he was there to make the effort, as some of the other players didn't seem as keen to get into dangerous areas on the night.

I know what you mean by Luongo's efforts as well, but that doesn't make them any less of an opportunity in the end. I expected him to score the one that came off the post, and I had actually forgotten about Chery's attempted chip that DaveB mentioned, I think had he worked that situation better he could have made that chance more clear cut than it was too. I was expecting him to smash that across the face of the keeper, much like Luongo's shot.

You know, the disappointment is obviously we disintegrated after the Phillips miss and their goal, which was a shame. We played the first half well, kept ourselves in the match, looked like we had it in us to score if we could work the right balls in the final third, but we never pushed on, and our quality in the final third became worse and then it filtered down all the way through to the base of the side. For me, I just don't think a lot of the front players worked hard enough, or showed enough quality when needed. They're a little bit patchy with their form, and when all of them are not firing it becomes difficult to do anything.
Ramsey post match interview on 12:31 - Oct 31 with 3296 viewsLblock

daveB -- FFS... is there no "Manager" you cannot put a positive spin on?

You are becoming the loan voice in Benny's camp.
His race is run, he is shot and his decisions have gone from bizzare to ridiculous to downright obvious "sack me"

I'm not saying 4-4-2 is the answer but what I am saying is 4-4-2 with Karl Henry-Ramsey and Tozzer as your central pairing is tantamount to a sackable offence on it's own.
Chery ineffective? Yep. So is he he a left winger and was he bought to play that wide left role?
So YET AGAIN Chery gets the hook but he puts the 6ft 6 gentle giant with the heart of a scarecrow out left mid?? Then he decides "Fck it, I need to go for it" about 3 minutes later and brings on Junior WC and moves JET yet again so we do actually have some width
What is Mass' best position? I cant work that one out myself but then I didn't buy him, I do know I wouldn't be playing him as second striker.

Benny and Les have managed to follow in the footsteps of their mentor and put together another pedestrian and unbalanced squad which is shown to be gutless and bereft of confidence. I'd not trust them to add to that mess in loans at the moment or signings in January; but then that king of clowns Bungle will probably push us further into debt adding more turge to that vat of shite.

Not having enough of the ball at 4-4-2 last night is classic and so patently obvious as to why that a novice like me could pick it apart. Two of the slowest CM's in the game, wide players hiding, big fella up top who was clearly jumping out of challenges and a creaky back 4 (Grant Hall apart) is meat and gravy to a home team buzzed up, full of pace and energy with two solid no frills CB's. To leave the players on the pitch in the shape he did last night was criminal and proves yet again he cannot think beyond the classroom.
Youth footy = stick rigidly to a system, tell those players after the game where they went wrong and stick to it come hell or highwater. Benny patently hasn't the nous to plan proactively or change re actively.

If daveB or any others can convince me that Benny brings anything to the First Team party then it'll be a cold day in hell... I am however sitting here with an open mind as ever.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ramsey post match interview on 12:32 - Oct 31 with 3291 viewspaulparker

Spot on

We were dire the second half , we would have been better off putting biggles on as the ball spent more time in the air
Also our master coach said the game plan was to play ugly , really it's Brentford ffs how about keeping the ball and slowing the pace down get them frustrated , all we did was give to koncheskey to launch it to a Brentford player
As for JET taking the long throw wtf , that was school boy stuff I couldn't believe what I was seeing our target man launching long throws to no one , this carried on all night , surely he could see that it wasn't working but it still kept happening that in itself shows the bloke for what he is
clueless and incompetent

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey post match interview on 12:49 - Oct 31 with 3245 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Totally agree. Pathetic header from Phillips.
Ramsey post match interview on 12:59 - Oct 31 with 3213 viewsTheBlob

If you knew you were going to get ugly football against a side that lost its last four on the spin would you have forked out good wonga?
Yeah,really good entertainment this Championship innit.Much better than the Prem.
Like saying I really want ot see that new movie but would prefer a seat right behind a f*cking great pillar.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey post match interview on 13:03 - Oct 31 with 3199 viewsNorthernr

Thought we played well first half. Calmed it down, defended deep and narrow, restricted Brentford to one shot on target from long range. Then started to come into the game ourselves, bit of a flukey header off the bar from Luongo but his shot was superb and would go in 9 times out of ten.

Second half, first of all we didn't do the same 'earn the right to play' thing we did at the start of the first. It was like we thought we'd already done that job, when in fact we needed another big stand for ten minutes before starting to play again. Brentford scored at the end of that 10 minute spell but should and could have scored twice before they did. That said, Phillips missed a sitter to put us one up in that period.

Thereafter, absolutely fcking awful. Really disappointed with Emmanuel Thomas - he looked like the tart I thought we'd signed to begin with. Fannying about in wide areas, refusing to get in the penalty box, those fcking ineffective long throws. Tozser, also, dreadful in midfield. The biggest fault you can level at Ramsey is his in game management and it was poor again here. We never looked like scoring once we'd gone behind. I didn't mind him taking Chery off, he'd been totally anonymous, but the changes made no difference to us. We simply didn't turn up second half, it was really really poor and a shame after a decent first half.
Ramsey post match interview on 15:46 - Oct 31 with 3037 viewsvegasranger

Thereafter, absolutely fcking awful. Really disappointed with Emmanuel Thomas - he looked like the tart I thought we'd signed to begin with. Fannying about in wide areas, refusing to get in the penalty box, those fcking ineffective long throws. Tozser, also, dreadful in midfield. The biggest fault you can level at Ramsey is his in game management and it was poor again here. We never looked like scoring once we'd gone behind. I didn't mind him taking Chery off, he'd been totally anonymous, but the changes made no difference to us. We simply didn't turn up second half, it was really really poor and a shame after a decent first half.

Agree with all of this Clive. JET was everywhere he wasn't needed. When he was out on the wing he made no great attempt to get back in the middle. Not sure what to make of Tozer, where is he supposed to operate? We played most of the game with 10 men. Luongo was easily our best attacking threat and he gets taken off. For me something is very wrong with the set up and motivation when you can't feed an England international with one decent ball / chance.
Ramsey post match interview on 15:50 - Oct 31 with 3031 viewsBushman

Need a driving midfielder who is gonna make things happen.

Not 2 cloggers.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Ramsey post match interview on 16:23 - Oct 31 with 2984 viewsLadbrokeR

We switch to 442 with Henry in the middle. The man has perfected the art of playing the ball backwards and slowing the game down all in move perfectly executed move.
Ramsey post match interview on 17:07 - Oct 31 with 2945 viewscaptainmycaptian

I think that the trying for the draw is what may cost CR this is a terrible attitude and speaks volumes about where we are heading along with the playing style of hoofing it not much has changed from last season
Ramsey post match interview on 17:15 - Oct 31 with 2927 viewsTacticalR

In reply to the OP, Mark Hughes pretty much admitted that his dream was 0-0 away draws (which he always failed to get), and Redknapp didn't even aim that high.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey post match interview on 20:42 - Oct 31 with 2770 viewsderbyhoop

Ramsey post match interview on 12:31 - Oct 31 by Lblock

daveB -- FFS... is there no "Manager" you cannot put a positive spin on?

You are becoming the loan voice in Benny's camp.
His race is run, he is shot and his decisions have gone from bizzare to ridiculous to downright obvious "sack me"

I'm not saying 4-4-2 is the answer but what I am saying is 4-4-2 with Karl Henry-Ramsey and Tozzer as your central pairing is tantamount to a sackable offence on it's own.
Chery ineffective? Yep. So is he he a left winger and was he bought to play that wide left role?
So YET AGAIN Chery gets the hook but he puts the 6ft 6 gentle giant with the heart of a scarecrow out left mid?? Then he decides "Fck it, I need to go for it" about 3 minutes later and brings on Junior WC and moves JET yet again so we do actually have some width
What is Mass' best position? I cant work that one out myself but then I didn't buy him, I do know I wouldn't be playing him as second striker.

Benny and Les have managed to follow in the footsteps of their mentor and put together another pedestrian and unbalanced squad which is shown to be gutless and bereft of confidence. I'd not trust them to add to that mess in loans at the moment or signings in January; but then that king of clowns Bungle will probably push us further into debt adding more turge to that vat of shite.

Not having enough of the ball at 4-4-2 last night is classic and so patently obvious as to why that a novice like me could pick it apart. Two of the slowest CM's in the game, wide players hiding, big fella up top who was clearly jumping out of challenges and a creaky back 4 (Grant Hall apart) is meat and gravy to a home team buzzed up, full of pace and energy with two solid no frills CB's. To leave the players on the pitch in the shape he did last night was criminal and proves yet again he cannot think beyond the classroom.
Youth footy = stick rigidly to a system, tell those players after the game where they went wrong and stick to it come hell or highwater. Benny patently hasn't the nous to plan proactively or change re actively.

If daveB or any others can convince me that Benny brings anything to the First Team party then it'll be a cold day in hell... I am however sitting here with an open mind as ever.

DaveB is not a lone voice.

And if that post is indicative of having an open mind, then I'm a Dutchman.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ramsey post match interview on 21:38 - Oct 31 with 2668 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ramsey post match interview on 11:42 - Oct 31 by daveB

Chery hadn't created anything all night so was the right decision to take him off. A draw would have been a decent result, Brentford are a good side

Neither had Henry or Toszer but Ramsey would never contemplate breaking up the dynamic duo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024