Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 558792 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 19:06 - Jun 13 with 6985 viewsfrancisbowles

New to this thread and just read the last three pages. Haven't seen any mention of 'The Looming Tower'. It is on a par with Chernobyl for me. It's about the lead up to 9/11 and the relationship or not between the CIA and the FBI. On BBC but has been showing for about six weeks now, so the first episodes are off iplayer and I believe are now on Amazon prime.
Half decent tv on 19:23 - Jun 13 with 6963 viewslongbottom

Half decent tv on 18:36 - Jun 13 by enfieldargh

When They See Us is top of the US tv charts at the moment, queued it up on Netflix

Just finished watching this. Absolutely staggering and Trump is still saying they are guilty.
Bloody hell those kids can act.
Half decent tv on 08:01 - Jun 14 with 6905 viewsozexile

Half decent tv on 17:43 - Jun 13 by Northernr

I'm the same with Fleabag. Just don't get the love for it. Television industry can be a bit emperor's new clothes like that, basically at the moment Phoebe Waller Bridge is some sort of miracle working godsend whose every word is perfect, every performance is flawless, and every show is the best show that's ever been made. And we love Phoebe, and isn't Phoebe brilliant, and isn't Phoebe so clever, and hasn't Phoebe written a brilliant character here, and isn't the fcking priest sexy. And anybody who goes, actually, do you know what, isn't this all just a bit mediocre, is a philistine, or a misogynist, or a misogynistic philistine.

Anyway, Chernobyl has been very slightly spoiled/turned into a dark comedy for me since somebody pointed out that the two blokes operating the reactor are the Drunken Bakers from Viz.

Yeah I can take or leave fleabag as well. I was expecting a lot more after reading various reviews.
Half decent tv on 08:22 - Jun 14 with 6883 viewsstuabd

Handmaid's Tale season 3 just started. I feel throughly depressed during nearly every episode but still love watching it. One of the best out there at the moment IMO.
Half decent tv on 12:20 - Jun 17 with 6752 views2Thomas2Bowles

Half decent tv on 11:18 - Jun 13 by ozexile

Am I the only person in the world who turned off Killing Eve? Watched 3 episodes and really thought it was poor.

No poor, still worth watching but not as good as the 1st season.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Half decent tv on 13:15 - Jun 17 with 6739 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 17:43 - Jun 13 by Northernr

I'm the same with Fleabag. Just don't get the love for it. Television industry can be a bit emperor's new clothes like that, basically at the moment Phoebe Waller Bridge is some sort of miracle working godsend whose every word is perfect, every performance is flawless, and every show is the best show that's ever been made. And we love Phoebe, and isn't Phoebe brilliant, and isn't Phoebe so clever, and hasn't Phoebe written a brilliant character here, and isn't the fcking priest sexy. And anybody who goes, actually, do you know what, isn't this all just a bit mediocre, is a philistine, or a misogynist, or a misogynistic philistine.

Anyway, Chernobyl has been very slightly spoiled/turned into a dark comedy for me since somebody pointed out that the two blokes operating the reactor are the Drunken Bakers from Viz.

Yup, Fleabag is Miranda with swearing. And Peaky Blinders is dull, pompous and improbable. And Summer of Rockets is a shocking waste of talent, with the worst dialogue and plotting ever.

Really enjoying Gentleman Jack now, particularly since someone suggested taking a drink every time you hear the word “coal”.
Half decent tv on 17:09 - Jun 17 with 6681 viewsDorse

31 pages and still no-one mentions Homes Under The Hammer.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Half decent tv on 18:06 - Jun 17 with 6665 viewsNorthernr

Half decent tv on 17:09 - Jun 17 by Dorse

31 pages and still no-one mentions Homes Under The Hammer.

There was a place on Loftus Road opposite the Loft End turnstiles on that the other day. One bedroom basement flat with no windows and water running down the walls, essentially a swampy tradesman's entrance into the seventh circle of hell, picked up at auction for £200k, redecorated and sold on for £800,000
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 22:38 - Jun 17 with 6587 views2Thomas2Bowles

Thatcher BB2/iplayer
Worth watching, if you were around or not in that time.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Half decent tv on 12:48 - Jun 19 with 6497 viewstimcocking

A French series on Netflix called Black Spot. I love it. It's a serious, creepy series with lots of beautiful French scenery and real Celtic magic. It's also bloody funny in places, in a sort of Fargo style black humour. The moment somebody eats Gaspard's crisps in the hospital...fcuking brilliant. I never realised French people made such good programmes. Tres bien.
Half decent tv on 07:43 - Jun 20 with 6396 viewsPhildo

The Ali documentary in two parts which has been on Sky Atlantic 'Whats my name' was fantastic. Strongly recommended.
Half decent tv on 21:23 - Jun 23 with 6245 viewsLythamR

I have just watched "Summer of Rockets" Outstanding multi threaded cold war era drama set in 1958 london and rural surrounds.
Half decent tv on 21:58 - Jun 23 with 6229 viewsenfieldargh

Well into season 2 of START UP on Amazon, this really is great american action, thriller, thech stuff.

Russian Mafia, Haitian gangs, blood, guns, sex, lGBT, rude words, Aligators, drugs, Jews, bent fbi agents

Ron Pearlman is in season 2 and gives a great performance.

It was a bit slow to start but I'm really hoked on it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 22:14 - Jun 23 with 6221 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just getting through Young Offenders.

Quite amusing.
Half decent tv on 10:28 - Jun 24 with 6124 viewssimmo

Very VERY excited to see that Gomorrah is back, saved the episodes ready for a couple of long train journeys this weekend but it's always the best thing on TV when it's on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Half decent tv on 13:11 - Jun 24 with 6078 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 10:28 - Jun 24 by simmo

Very VERY excited to see that Gomorrah is back, saved the episodes ready for a couple of long train journeys this weekend but it's always the best thing on TV when it's on.

It’s really compulsive viewing. We ended up watching the last five episodes on Friday evening because we just had to know what was going to happen. No spoilers but I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Half decent tv on 13:32 - Jun 24 with 6055 viewshubble

Has Ozark been mentioned? Just watched the first two seasons - brilliant. The new Breaking Bad.
Half decent tv on 14:57 - Jun 24 with 6003 viewsenfieldargh

Half decent tv on 13:32 - Jun 24 by hubble

Has Ozark been mentioned? Just watched the first two seasons - brilliant. The new Breaking Bad.

Yes, Ozark is brilliant, and 'm going to mention start Up again, if you liked Ozark, Breaking Bad etc then Start up is a must

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 19:16 - Jun 24 with 5950 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 14:57 - Jun 24 by enfieldargh

Yes, Ozark is brilliant, and 'm going to mention start Up again, if you liked Ozark, Breaking Bad etc then Start up is a must

Love Start Up too. These are my kinda TV dramas. Ditto Animal Kingdom, which I'm gutted Amazon hasn't taken up the 4th season option on. It's out in the States but I haven't found a way of watching it yet (apart from using a a VPN and paying through the nose).

Anything else of a similar calibre to these, please let me know!
Half decent tv on 09:28 - Jul 4 with 5681 viewsDannyPaddox

I stopped watching TV about 10 years ago. Used to love this show. Anything like it on now?

Half decent tv on 09:10 - Jul 5 with 5611 viewsMetallica_Hoop

ooooh cha cha

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 10:42 - Jul 5 with 5584 viewsDorse

Half decent tv on 09:10 - Jul 5 by Metallica_Hoop

ooooh cha cha

Bring.
It.
On.

Best Sci Fi on, or off, the planet. Just re-read the whole series. Again. Death slugs ahoy!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Half decent tv on 19:00 - Jul 12 with 5406 viewsDiscodroids

The' Yacht Rock' documentary on BBC4 a few weeks was AOR FM dial double denim Fantastical.

embryonic 70's West coast highly polished soft rock progressive cuts spawned from the crushing let down of the free love esprit de corps of the psychedelic 1960's, Nixon, and Vietnam that you could shine your flared cords on. Brilliant.

I highly recommend it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005wwn

[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 13:16]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Half decent tv on 20:03 - Jul 12 with 5372 viewsLblock

I’m new to Netflix but just finished watching When They See Us

Amazing four parter
Harrowing. Shocking. Sobering. Upsetting. Dramatic

Truth can outweigh fiction
How those five came through that I do not know

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 12:50 - Jul 13 with 5299 viewsPunteR

Anyone watching the new Stranger Things? Any good?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024