Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547296 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 19:55 - Nov 21 with 4992 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 00:39 - Nov 21 by Metallica_Hoop

Mr Sheen (off topic) Have you watched Dr Mark Felton on youtube?

If not enjoy.

Thanks, I’ll give him a go.
Half decent tv on 17:20 - Nov 23 with 4873 viewsNed_Kennedys

Half decent tv on 08:33 - Oct 13 by Metallica_Hoop

Started 'To the lake' on Netfilx i'm on Episode 6.

It's very, very good.

Polina.. 'Wow wow wow wow'

Good shout! Even the dubbed English doesn’t really detract from it.
Half decent tv on 11:56 - Nov 26 with 4765 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 13:23 - Nov 20 by SydneyRs

Queens Gambit - superb. And I know very little about Chess.

Could watch the lead actress all day, mesmerizing.

Binged in three nights.

Best thing I've watched all year. And dead right - superb acting by Anya Taylor-Joy.

Thanks for the reccs folks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 11:58 - Nov 26 with 4756 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 17:20 - Nov 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Good shout! Even the dubbed English doesn’t really detract from it.

Set Netflix to English subs its so much better (I only recently figured out how to do this) in Russki.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 10:41 - Nov 29 with 4670 viewsozexile

When the dust settles- a Danish series about a Terrorist attack. Very very good.
Half decent tv on 19:30 - Dec 11 with 4503 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tin Star season 3 started yesterday.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Half decent tv on 11:37 - Dec 12 with 4473 viewsPinnerPaul

Heads up for a 'Christmas Special' of a programme with a quite a few positive reviews on here, and rightly so - its Mortimer & Whitehouse Go Fishing' on Sunday BBC 2.
Half decent tv on 20:58 - Dec 12 with 4400 viewsLadbrokeR

So I’ve been binge watching the crown on Netflix. It’s somewhere between a history lesson and reminder of what supercilious crowd the Royals are. Anyway lockdown has drawn me to this.
I’ve also watched industry. To be honest some really interesting characters but what a toxic environment finance within the city is.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 21:01 - Dec 12 with 4396 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 20:58 - Dec 12 by LadbrokeR

So I’ve been binge watching the crown on Netflix. It’s somewhere between a history lesson and reminder of what supercilious crowd the Royals are. Anyway lockdown has drawn me to this.
I’ve also watched industry. To be honest some really interesting characters but what a toxic environment finance within the city is.

Watching the Crown. It’s a lot better than I expected.
Half decent tv on 23:40 - Dec 13 with 4277 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Another one for Small Axe.

Brilliant collection of films and Steve McQueen a shoe in for a Knighthood I'd have thought. If he wants one.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Half decent tv on 07:49 - Dec 14 with 4185 viewsjohnhoop

Having a month on Amazon Prime so finally got to catch up with “The Boys” and can understand why people have recommended it on here. The “Superheroes gone bad” idea has been carried out to near perfection. As well as the dazzling action sequences it’s also one of the funniest things on TV.
Probably a lot of those who are fans of the series may have realized this by now but for those who were finding “Engrenages” difficult or expensive to get hold of, the BBC appear to have just put all of it on iPlayer.
Also very much looking forward to the first episodes of Series 5 of “The Expanse” appearing on Amazon Prime on Wednesday.
Half decent tv on 08:02 - Dec 14 with 4182 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 21:01 - Dec 12 by traininvain

Watching the Crown. It’s a lot better than I expected.

my wife is watching that,but backwards for some reason I can't fathom.

Anyway, i walked past with sneering contempt and have ended up watching a number of episodes. Very good, although it is worth noting a lot of it is fictional.
Half decent tv on 09:39 - Dec 14 with 4126 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 23:40 - Dec 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

Another one for Small Axe.

Brilliant collection of films and Steve McQueen a shoe in for a Knighthood I'd have thought. If he wants one.

He has one already.

Thanks to those who recommended To The Lake. Really gripping stuff, if a bit Eloi and Morlocks.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 9:41]
Half decent tv on 10:15 - Dec 14 with 4098 viewsMick_S

Half decent tv on 11:37 - Dec 12 by PinnerPaul

Heads up for a 'Christmas Special' of a programme with a quite a few positive reviews on here, and rightly so - its Mortimer & Whitehouse Go Fishing' on Sunday BBC 2.

Wasn't that just flipping superb.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Half decent tv on 11:56 - Dec 14 with 4056 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Half decent tv on 09:39 - Dec 14 by MrSheen

He has one already.

Thanks to those who recommended To The Lake. Really gripping stuff, if a bit Eloi and Morlocks.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 9:41]

Course he does

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Half decent tv on 13:46 - Dec 14 with 3999 viewsPinnerPaul

Half decent tv on 10:15 - Dec 14 by Mick_S

Yep - loved the conversation about trying to get rid of a car axle at the tip!
Half decent tv on 15:11 - Dec 14 with 3958 viewsRamseyR

Wonderful TV....no drama, no fake jeopardy, no woke bullshit...just two blokes chewing the cud
Half decent tv on 15:15 - Dec 14 with 3952 viewsPinnerPaul

Half decent tv on 15:11 - Dec 14 by RamseyR

Wonderful TV....no drama, no fake jeopardy, no woke bullshit...just two blokes chewing the cud

Heard an interview with Paul Whitehouse after the 1st series.

He said that originally they tried to script it, but after 1 episode decided it was so much better to ad lib it.

Obviously there ARE some set ups, but all in all the 3 series and Sunday's Xmas 'Special' have all been superb.
Half decent tv on 23:22 - Dec 14 with 3888 viewsSharpy36

Fantastic as always.

I would imagine Bob`s old back garden might be getting some tlc soon enough.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Half decent tv on 23:34 - Dec 14 with 3879 viewsHantsR

Half decent tv on 11:37 - Dec 12 by PinnerPaul

That was just such a great programme. I can't think what to say except it left me feeling I didn't want to see any other Christmas programme. Some great one-liners, some heart-tugging moments and all in a fabulous environment. As an angler myself, I also appreciated the occasional bit of fishing!
Half decent tv on 21:30 - Dec 15 with 3729 viewsmarkrtid

'kin brilliant.

Half decent tv on 11:22 - Dec 24 with 3572 viewsphilc

For the first time ever, due to divorce and lockdown, I’m spending Christmas/ New Year period on my own and with no football to go to, suspect I will spend a lot of time catching up on TV. I’ve already got some good suggestions from this thread so any more would be welcome. I’ve just finished Deutschland 83 which I found on Amazon, following recommendation on here and enjoyed Gomorrah on Sky, again only recently finished, plus also the Valhalla Murders which was on BBC 4. English speaking programs will be considered. Thanks and Happy Christmas to you all.
Half decent tv on 17:39 - Dec 24 with 3471 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 11:22 - Dec 24 by philc

For the first time ever, due to divorce and lockdown, I’m spending Christmas/ New Year period on my own and with no football to go to, suspect I will spend a lot of time catching up on TV. I’ve already got some good suggestions from this thread so any more would be welcome. I’ve just finished Deutschland 83 which I found on Amazon, following recommendation on here and enjoyed Gomorrah on Sky, again only recently finished, plus also the Valhalla Murders which was on BBC 4. English speaking programs will be considered. Thanks and Happy Christmas to you all.

Good luck mate, we will all still be on here a lot of the time, whether there is football or not. Just do what I do, post some old bollox and before you know it, an R from somewhere in the world, be it Auckland or Auchterarder, will fire off a reply. God bless you all, my self-help group of choice .

All series of "Spiral" are available on the iPlayer, that programme is terrific. The film "The Revenant" is also on the iPlayer and is excellent, in my humble opinion. "The Bridge" and "The Tunnel" are also superb, I think they are also on the iPlayer/Sky Catch Up.

For a laugh, if you haven't seen "This Country" - also on the iPlayer - it is wicked.

Happy Christmas!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 18:11 - Dec 24 with 3449 viewsNov77

I’m late to all of these series having only got Netflix this year, and prime only recently.

Would reiterate what has been said about ozark, possibly better than both breaking bad and better call Saul.

“The boys”, I’m watching at the moment and it’s very good, the New Zealand actor playing the vinnie Jones/ray winstone character is hilarious, his accent sometimes unintentionally so.

Also the man in the high castle and sneaky Pete (both on prime) are good too.

Watched the us version of shameless recently for the first time and enjoyed that too.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Half decent tv on 18:18 - Dec 24 with 3444 viewsWatford_Ranger

If anyone wants to see Redknapp making a cnt of himself he’s on Celebrity Catchphrase on ITV.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024