Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 546086 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 15:06 - Nov 13 with 4407 viewsenfieldargh

Just finished the final Season 4 of Goliath on Prime. Fantastic courtroom stuff

Great legal TV.

Billy Bob Thornton is superb and Nina Arianda should be in the thread about women you would but shouldnt.

Fantastic sexy voice

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 17:23 - Nov 13 with 4303 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 03:53 - Nov 12 by Kiwi76

Pleased to hear that as just about to release down here - looked good cast & just read book on Sackler family behind Purdue.
Shocking

Truly evil people if Dopesick is a fair representation of what happened. Every episode leaves me wondering how this could be allowed to happen without breaking the law. The complete destruction of lives and communities all to line the pockets of a super wealthy family. Actually makes me angry just thinking about it.
Half decent tv on 18:27 - Nov 13 with 4267 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 15:06 - Nov 13 by enfieldargh

Great legal TV.

Billy Bob Thornton is superb and Nina Arianda should be in the thread about women you would but shouldnt.

Fantastic sexy voice

Will give that a go, Enfield.
Thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 18:55 - Nov 13 with 4249 viewsKiwi76

Half decent tv on 17:23 - Nov 13 by traininvain

Truly evil people if Dopesick is a fair representation of what happened. Every episode leaves me wondering how this could be allowed to happen without breaking the law. The complete destruction of lives and communities all to line the pockets of a super wealthy family. Actually makes me angry just thinking about it.

Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keefe gives account of how Sackler family built Purdue & made the decisions to profit from oxy. For shorter intro he’s on recent Adam Buxton podcast.
Incredible they got away with it for so long & without major consequences.
Half decent tv on 20:28 - Nov 13 with 4202 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 15:06 - Nov 13 by enfieldargh

Great legal TV.

Fantastic sexy voice

Excellent programme. Quirky, cool, funny, clever and with a kicking soundtrack.

Thanks again, Enfield.

Half decent tv on 21:35 - Nov 13 with 4180 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 18:55 - Nov 13 by Kiwi76

Empire of Pain by Patrick Radden Keefe gives account of how Sackler family built Purdue & made the decisions to profit from oxy. For shorter intro he’s on recent Adam Buxton podcast.

Sam Quinones picked up the story in his Dreamland about 2015 - also black tar heroin filling the void.
Half decent tv on 22:30 - Nov 13 with 4153 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 18:55 - Nov 13 by Kiwi76

Thanks Kiwi. I’m going to check out the Adam Buxton podcast with Patrick Radden Keefe.
Half decent tv on 23:21 - Nov 13 with 4124 viewsKiwi76

Half decent tv on 20:28 - Nov 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent programme. Quirky, cool, funny, clever and with a kicking soundtrack.

Thanks again, Enfield.

Really liked seasons 1 & 4, Billy Bob & immediate cast excellent all through but season 3 got a bit too trippy.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 08:46 - Nov 14 with 4064 viewsenfieldargh

Half decent tv on 23:21 - Nov 13 by Kiwi76

Really liked seasons 1 & 4, Billy Bob & immediate cast excellent all through but season 3 got a bit too trippy.

I cant the awful scene out of my head when a star witness gets knocked down hit and run whilst crossing the road with Billy. The sound actually haunts me

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 14:58 - Nov 20 with 3866 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Re-watching 'Band of Brothers' at the moment.

I'm not usually a fan of war films or TV but 'Band of Brothers' has rarely been bettered in any genre. Rarely - I think? - crosses the line into flag-waving bravado and - again, I think? - stays humane and compassionate.

Half decent tv on 15:38 - Nov 20 with 3852 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 21:35 - Nov 13 by MrSheen

Sam Quinones picked up the story in his Dreamland about 2015 - also black tar heroin filling the void.

Yes, a good book. Quinones covered it all, from the kind of suburban towns that addiction spread to (e.g. Columbus, Ohio), to Oxycontin which prepared the ground for heroin addiction, to the heroin supplied from Xalisco in Mexico. The Mexican mules would deliver to your door, and avoided violence at all costs to stay under the radar.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 02:45 - Nov 21 with 3777 viewsQPsyR

Half decent tv on 15:38 - Nov 20 by TacticalR

Yes, a good book. Quinones covered it all, from the kind of suburban towns that addiction spread to (e.g. Columbus, Ohio), to Oxycontin which prepared the ground for heroin addiction, to the heroin supplied from Xalisco in Mexico. The Mexican mules would deliver to your door, and avoided violence at all costs to stay under the radar.

FKA AcidPixie

Half decent tv on 02:54 - Nov 21 with 3769 viewsPunteR

Half decent tv on 14:58 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Re-watching 'Band of Brothers' at the moment.

I'm not usually a fan of war films or TV but 'Band of Brothers' has rarely been bettered in any genre. Rarely - I think? - crosses the line into flag-waving bravado and - again, I think? - stays humane and compassionate.

Loved that series.
I've rewatched that a few times now. I usually stick it on during the cold winter months to remind myself that getting up a 6am and working on a freezing cold building site aint that bad all things considered.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Half decent tv on 02:56 - Nov 21 with 3768 viewsPunteR

Not sure if this has been mentioned but The Boys was a brilliant couple of series which flips the super hero genre on its head.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Half decent tv on 00:00 - Nov 22 with 3680 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really enjoyed 'I Believe in Miracles' on Netflix, a look at the Forest side of the 70's.

Entertaining, great football and a cracking soundtrack.

Half decent tv on 00:17 - Nov 22 with 3675 viewsdaveB

I've finally got around to watching Save me and it's bloody brilliant. Lennie James is superb in it
Half decent tv on 06:56 - Nov 22 with 3600 viewsNed_Kennedys

Watching Dark on Netflix for the first time, German time travel series.
Numerous characters across four different time spans so one needs to concentrate but it’s quality.
I’m sure it must’ve got a few mentions earlier in the thread.
Half decent tv on 08:19 - Nov 22 with 3574 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 00:17 - Nov 22 by daveB

I've finally got around to watching Save me and it's bloody brilliant. Lennie James is superb in it

Really excellent. Dark, but superbly made.

Half decent tv on 09:15 - Nov 22 with 3533 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 15:38 - Nov 20 by TacticalR

Some great WalMart shoplifting tips too!
Half decent tv on 09:21 - Nov 22 with 3515 viewsE17hoop

I 'know' it'll have been mentioned here before but I started watching Succession because of the noise people kept making about it. It's bloody good as well - still on S1 and taking my time with it. It's very rich.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Half decent tv on 10:41 - Nov 22 with 3457 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dexter: New Blood is maybe even better than the original. Quirky as all hell, and very funny in a dark way, but with some nasty stuff thrown in.

Half decent tv on 11:05 - Nov 22 with 3440 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 09:21 - Nov 22 by E17hoop

I 'know' it'll have been mentioned here before but I started watching Succession because of the noise people kept making about it. It's bloody good as well - still on S1 and taking my time with it. It's very rich.

Mrs S and I have also just got started on it recently. Very entertaining, if a bit far-fetched, and a sensational ginger legend too!
Half decent tv on 15:59 - Nov 23 with 3327 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 10:41 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Dexter: New Blood is maybe even better than the original. Quirky as all hell, and very funny in a dark way, but with some nasty stuff thrown in.

Ah interesting.

Loved the original (although a couple of the later series got a bit silly, and then there was the ending...). Assumed this would be a bit meh but will give it a go.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 3316 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 15:59 - Nov 23 by TheChef

Ah interesting.

Loved the original (although a couple of the later series got a bit silly, and then there was the ending...). Assumed this would be a bit meh but will give it a go.

It's what the last series should have been, they lost the plot with that but this is miles better, by the end was obvious they were never gonna catch Dexter or work it out, he even kills in front of them and they let him go but this series does seem to be a bit like the first few series in that you feel he could get caught here and he's not in complete control.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 16:19]
Half decent tv on 16:36 - Nov 23 with 3290 viewsRanger_Things

Reservation Dogs on Disney.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024