Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NORWICH IMPLOSTION 14:24 - May 17 with 8967 viewsQPRJohnny

The Secret Footballer saying it has all gone pete tong there and there will be a fire sale of players.

One one we should be interested in?

Me I would say Redmond and possibly Naismith, but he will be on top dollar
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:28 - May 17 with 6343 viewsstowmarketrange

Gary O'Neill looks a good prospect.
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:32 - May 17 with 6316 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I would be surprised if that is the case.
One can but hope though!
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:35 - May 17 with 6293 viewskensalriser

Aren't we still in the midst of doing exactly the same ourselves?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:35 - May 17 with 6291 viewsaston_hoop

Didn't we get relegated from the Premiership just over a year ago and then put under considerable financial strain? If so, I think that would safely rule us out of getting Redmond and Naismith. Good to see them implode though, never really liked them for some reason. Always seem to have been better than us even when they were considerably worse than us. If that makes sense. Well...I'm not sure it does.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:43 - May 17 with 6251 viewsPinnerPaul

Looking forward to many more Norwich threads over the coming months!
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:44 - May 17 with 6245 viewsTacticalR

Last weekend CEO David McNally tweeted that he had resigned on Saturday, then said he hadn't resigned, then resigned on Monday.

'David McNally's departure is a hugely significant moment for Norwich City. This was the man who ran the club on a day-to-day basis and had the final say on most things, from player transfers to what was on sale in the club shop.

He arrived in 2009 with the club at its lowest point in 50 years following relegation to League One.

He oversaw successive promotions, four of the past five seasons in the Premier League and the club clearing all external debt - all of which will count in his favour in the eyes of Norwich City supporters.

But with the prospect of a second relegation from the top flight in three seasons looming, the club's top brass was coming under increasing scrutiny.'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-36241151

On 5 Live a lot of the Norwich fans are complaining that Norwich have 'done a Burnley' when they would have been better off coughing up for new players.

Air hostess clique

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:45 - May 17 with 6235 viewsFredManRave

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:35 - May 17 by kensalriser

Aren't we still in the midst of doing exactly the same ourselves?

Imploding or having a fire sale?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 15:00 - May 17 with 6159 viewsBoston

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:35 - May 17 by aston_hoop

Didn't we get relegated from the Premiership just over a year ago and then put under considerable financial strain? If so, I think that would safely rule us out of getting Redmond and Naismith. Good to see them implode though, never really liked them for some reason. Always seem to have been better than us even when they were considerably worse than us. If that makes sense. Well...I'm not sure it does.

Perfect sense, experts have more expertise than non experts, say experts.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 15:06 - May 17 with 6126 viewsHonkytonks

High sixes all round.....but thats been done!
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 15:11 - May 17 with 6105 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I, on the other hand, am trying to figure out what the hell an implostion is? Sounds utterly horrific and something requiring one to bend over because a dose of penicillin won't cure it.

That said, I thought Norwich had been sensible with their cash. Not committing too much and thus, incurring huge debts when/if they got relegated. Certainly a course of action we might have been more advised to take.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 15:46 - May 17 with 5978 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Secret Footballer sounds like a nasty bit of work. Is indiscretion now being applauded just because he used to kick a ball? If someone laid our business out for all to see when we were in trouble I'd dislike him for it, whether he's a journo or an ex-footballer. This is just muckraking by the kind of man you meet down the pub who starts every sentence with "just between you and me..."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 15:48 - May 17 with 5967 viewssimmo

I absolutely love, Redmond, but we missed the boat there. Should have got him direct from Brum a few years back when he was affordable - he will go to another prem team. Surprised if Naismith moves again but there will be no shortage of takers - somebody like WBA or even Burnley if they decide to splash out.

As for the rest, good luck trying to shift Bassong and the likes - some real dirge in that team

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 16:09 - May 17 with 5864 viewsDorse

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 15:46 - May 17 by BrianMcCarthy

The Secret Footballer sounds like a nasty bit of work. Is indiscretion now being applauded just because he used to kick a ball? If someone laid our business out for all to see when we were in trouble I'd dislike him for it, whether he's a journo or an ex-footballer. This is just muckraking by the kind of man you meet down the pub who starts every sentence with "just between you and me..."

Keep it to yourself but I have it on very good authority that the man in question is actually the 'they' in 'that's what they say'. But you didn't hear that from me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 16:18 - May 17 with 5834 viewsBrianMcCarthy

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 16:09 - May 17 by Dorse

Keep it to yourself but I have it on very good authority that the man in question is actually the 'they' in 'that's what they say'. But you didn't hear that from me.

Taps side of nose...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 16:22 - May 17 with 5817 viewsrobith

Concurred. Long since ceased to be insightful, and now just another cog in the spurious ITK click bait machine of modern sports journalism
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 16:31 - May 17 with 5777 viewsadhoc_qpr

The 'secret footballer' is Dave Kitson isn't it?

I'd be surprised if they were in that much trouble given they've had a good few seasons in the prem and always had parachute payments after relegation.

However they did splash some cash this time around on a fairly average bunch of players:

Naismith £8.5m
Brady £7m
Dorrans £3m
Jarvis £2.5m
Plus the likes of Mbokani and Bamford on loan.

If they keep their manager, keep their solid core of players and add a goalscorer i think they'll be in the promotion mix next season.
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 16:35 - May 17 with 5758 viewsMatch82

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:44 - May 17 by TacticalR

Last weekend CEO David McNally tweeted that he had resigned on Saturday, then said he hadn't resigned, then resigned on Monday.

'David McNally's departure is a hugely significant moment for Norwich City. This was the man who ran the club on a day-to-day basis and had the final say on most things, from player transfers to what was on sale in the club shop.

He arrived in 2009 with the club at its lowest point in 50 years following relegation to League One.

He oversaw successive promotions, four of the past five seasons in the Premier League and the club clearing all external debt - all of which will count in his favour in the eyes of Norwich City supporters.

But with the prospect of a second relegation from the top flight in three seasons looming, the club's top brass was coming under increasing scrutiny.'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-36241151

On 5 Live a lot of the Norwich fans are complaining that Norwich have 'done a Burnley' when they would have been better off coughing up for new players.

"Complaining that Norwich have 'done a Burnley' when they would have been better off coughing up for new players"

Jesus Christ, shows how deluded some fans are.

God forbid they secure their long term future while building a club that the fans can be proud of AND win promotion back to the premier league (winning the division in the process)
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 16:41 - May 17 with 5734 viewsDWQPR

Brian, if this person brings glorious news of the trouble about Norwich then I for one will applaud him and buy him a pint, if he wasn't so secret. There are so many things that is wrong with that football club starting with:

1. 17th April 1976 and Phil Boyer scoring with a header that was so blatantly offside.
2. The colour yellow on shirts.
3. Mixing green with yellow.
4. Swapping the colours around on away shirts.
5. Delia 'fking' Smith. Worst TV cook ever, made millions out of teaching people to boil an egg for fck sake!
6. Stephen Fry. Bi-polar my @rse. Attention seeker more like, disappeared a few years ago and was found somewhere on the continent counting his fingers until he was convinced that he had six on each hand.
7. Ed Balls, despise the man immensely, smarmy little shite and when I found out that he was a Naaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggge supporter he immediately went to the top of my list of people to kill if ever I wanted to go on a Kalashnikov stylee rampage.
8. Mustard. Christ, what is that all about, horrid colour that resembles the loose movements of a six months old's nappie, texture that resembles the loose movements of a six month old's nappie, and I suspect that the taste............................
9. That fcking song they sing, 'On the Ball City', what shite that is, could you imagine remaining a QPR supporter if you found out this was sung at every match by QPR supporters? I think that I would have ended up down the Bridge.
10. Norfolk? What is the point? If we could organise coastal erosion, wouldn't it be nice to see the whole of Norfolk crash into the North Sea. Flat, cold, boring. Pointless.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 17:03 - May 17 with 5668 viewsenfieldargh

THey managed to sell Leroy Fer for 8 million, cant see they have a problem

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 18:11 - May 17 with 5463 viewsDorse

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 17:03 - May 17 by enfieldargh

THey managed to sell Leroy Fer for 8 million, cant see they have a problem

Please tell me that figure is based on Nectar Points.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 20:14 - May 17 with 5210 viewsQPRDave

No panic in Norrige boys,.....Ed Balls knows what he's doing!
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 20:25 - May 17 with 5169 viewskensalriser

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 16:41 - May 17 by DWQPR

Brian, if this person brings glorious news of the trouble about Norwich then I for one will applaud him and buy him a pint, if he wasn't so secret. There are so many things that is wrong with that football club starting with:

1. 17th April 1976 and Phil Boyer scoring with a header that was so blatantly offside.
2. The colour yellow on shirts.
3. Mixing green with yellow.
4. Swapping the colours around on away shirts.
5. Delia 'fking' Smith. Worst TV cook ever, made millions out of teaching people to boil an egg for fck sake!
6. Stephen Fry. Bi-polar my @rse. Attention seeker more like, disappeared a few years ago and was found somewhere on the continent counting his fingers until he was convinced that he had six on each hand.
7. Ed Balls, despise the man immensely, smarmy little shite and when I found out that he was a Naaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggge supporter he immediately went to the top of my list of people to kill if ever I wanted to go on a Kalashnikov stylee rampage.
8. Mustard. Christ, what is that all about, horrid colour that resembles the loose movements of a six months old's nappie, texture that resembles the loose movements of a six month old's nappie, and I suspect that the taste............................
9. That fcking song they sing, 'On the Ball City', what shite that is, could you imagine remaining a QPR supporter if you found out this was sung at every match by QPR supporters? I think that I would have ended up down the Bridge.
10. Norfolk? What is the point? If we could organise coastal erosion, wouldn't it be nice to see the whole of Norfolk crash into the North Sea. Flat, cold, boring. Pointless.

I think this is really unfair.

Surely Mick Dennis deserves a position in the top 10?

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 20:27 - May 17 with 5162 viewskensalriser

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 14:45 - May 17 by FredManRave

Imploding or having a fire sale?!

The latter. I think we've already done implosion.

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 20:40 - May 17 with 5114 viewsbillericaydicky

NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 20:25 - May 17 by kensalriser

I think this is really unfair.

Surely Mick Dennis deserves a position in the top 10?

Great work DW but Kensal makes a great point!
NORWICH IMPLOSTION on 21:36 - May 17 with 5003 viewsTGRRRSSS

Excellent news if true remember promotion season with Lambert's team and you all forgot Grunt cnt Holt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024