Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG to Sporting? 08:15 - Aug 18 with 11902 viewsHoopstar

Wishing I hadn't succumbed to reactivating my Twitter account...

Some Portuguese chap on there seems adamant our BFG is off to Sporting in Portugal for 1.5 million...

No idea if this is remotely true but he seems confident he has a medical tomorrow and signing by Friday!

I'd be gutted for one!
BFG to Sporting? on 10:16 - Aug 19 with 2936 viewsTacticalR

This forum needs clear guidelines about what level of Polter abuse will be tolerated.

Air hostess clique

BFG to Sporting? on 10:20 - Aug 19 with 2921 viewsNorthernr

BFG to Sporting? on 10:13 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

If I was a bit harsh on Westbourne, then I apologise. Unfortunately, this laughing at players (itself one of the many consequences of the increasing financial/social divide between players and fans, but that's another story) is something that I'm seeing more and more (Jonno described some of Polti's play as 'laughable' the other day, and I almost bit then, but held back) and I just think it's a horrible form of snobbery. As I said, it smacks of grown men acting like Nelson Muntz - but worse in a way - Muntz is a sensitive kid who uses bullying as a shield from his homelife, to hide his insecurity; whereas fans who laugh at players for not being able to have perfect control first time every time are simply vindictive.

I don't think the jury is out on Polter by the way. If you can't see what he is now, you're not looking hard enough. He is a decent centre forward with some great strengths and some weaknesses. For a mid-table Championship team he's a valuable player, but will unlikely ever quite have the goalscoring impact of an Austin or an Andre Gray. He's strong, competitive, good in the air, honest, hard working, quicker than you'd imagine and confident in his abilities. Brilliant? No. Likely to score 15 goals in the Prem? No. But he could quite easily get 15 in this league and be a great focal point in a similar way to Helguson was.

If only he wasn't going to Sporting Lisbon.
BFG to Sporting? on 11:12 - Aug 19 with 2827 viewsPunteR

BFG to Sporting? on 10:13 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

If I was a bit harsh on Westbourne, then I apologise. Unfortunately, this laughing at players (itself one of the many consequences of the increasing financial/social divide between players and fans, but that's another story) is something that I'm seeing more and more (Jonno described some of Polti's play as 'laughable' the other day, and I almost bit then, but held back) and I just think it's a horrible form of snobbery. As I said, it smacks of grown men acting like Nelson Muntz - but worse in a way - Muntz is a sensitive kid who uses bullying as a shield from his homelife, to hide his insecurity; whereas fans who laugh at players for not being able to have perfect control first time every time are simply vindictive.

I don't think the jury is out on Polter by the way. If you can't see what he is now, you're not looking hard enough. He is a decent centre forward with some great strengths and some weaknesses. For a mid-table Championship team he's a valuable player, but will unlikely ever quite have the goalscoring impact of an Austin or an Andre Gray. He's strong, competitive, good in the air, honest, hard working, quicker than you'd imagine and confident in his abilities. Brilliant? No. Likely to score 15 goals in the Prem? No. But he could quite easily get 15 in this league and be a great focal point in a similar way to Helguson was.

Well I value your opinions Antti and many others, that's why I come on here. Lets see how his season goes.
My mate who came to the Swindon game who knows nothing about Polter was laughing at the moment chery passed the ball one way and Polter ran the other. I had to explain that he's our BFG and is turning into a classic QPR player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

BFG to Sporting? on 11:39 - Aug 19 with 2794 viewsTheBlob

Seb is the Teutonic Apocalypse.
He is all thunder and tumbling avalanches and the roar of glaciers marching remorselessly to the sea.He's not an "ooh I say mumsie what's for tea" skippy skip skip round the kitchen table.
NEIN!
He's a kick the door down,hurl the groceries into the hallway "sort that lot out grandma I'm off down the bierkeller"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

BFG to Sporting? on 11:44 - Aug 19 with 2783 viewsWokingR

BFG to Sporting? on 09:36 - Aug 19 by Jeff

So how was his medical yesterday? any Pap photos of him coming out of the Lisbon medical centre with a thumbs up?

It's all official now !
He's obviously trying to hide from the paparazzi but looks like the medical went ok

BFG to Sporting? on 11:54 - Aug 19 with 2765 viewsCFW

Can this post be deleted from the system?

Just beginning to find it a bit disrespectful to the player and the club. He is clearly not going anywhere so it really is pointless. We all know that the BFG is not the best player we have ever had and he will probably accept that himself but for me I have warmed to the guy. He gives 100% every game, has improved his game, his fitness levels and is now scoring and creating goals for the team.

Although many of the posts have been quite funny enough is enough - accept the guy for what he is, his ability as a player and lets support him and the team.

Rather him than a lot of other players we have had in our team over the past few seasons.
BFG to Sporting? on 12:01 - Aug 19 with 2739 viewsMick_S

Here he is, a bit later on.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

BFG to Sporting? on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 2735 viewsTacticalR

Truth is for sissies.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

BFG to Sporting? on 12:17 - Aug 19 with 2702 viewsgigiisourgod

Has anyone seen his Missus? Very tidy; one for Metallica I would suggest.
BFG to Sporting? on 13:13 - Aug 19 with 2608 viewsHAYESBOY

Think he is pleased with himself. BFG walking to Sporting.
Telling the QPR rep at first that he will not sign a contract extension.....
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 13:15]

Smells like a trout farm in here

BFG to Sporting? on 16:37 - Aug 19 with 2479 viewsrobith

BFG to Sporting? on 13:13 - Aug 19 by HAYESBOY

Think he is pleased with himself. BFG walking to Sporting.
Telling the QPR rep at first that he will not sign a contract extension.....
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 13:15]

THANK YOU

I've always said he looked like the techno viking but no one ever seemed to know what I was on about
BFG to Sporting? on 16:40 - Aug 19 with 2471 viewsWokingR

BFG to Sporting? on 16:37 - Aug 19 by robith

THANK YOU

I've always said he looked like the techno viking but no one ever seemed to know what I was on about

I have no idea what you're on about.
BFG to Sporting? on 10:31 - Aug 20 with 2308 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

BFG to Sporting? on 10:58 - Aug 20 with 2273 viewsRangersDave

BFG to Sporting? on 10:31 - Aug 20 by Dorse

Well done Dorse.

Tea down the nose moment with that posting!
Cheers mate
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024