Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Light Bulb Moment 19:53 - Oct 15 with 11494 viewsessextaxiboy

Does anyone who goes to games enjoy it anymore ? .

I am not talking about the craic before and after but actually look forward to the game .

Watching those players on the pitch a halftime made me realise that I havn,t really got a buzz from being there since the days of Ollie and his team .

Sure there have been glimpses of what we had , the odd match, the great goal , and a crackling LR but it soon goes again .

It feels to me that he since Paldini walked in the club is suffering a slow drawn out death . Owners Managers and Players come and go , but the trend seems the same.

I see my boys at games ,just as my Dad used to meet me but increasingly thats the only reason that I can see me carrying on .
Light Bulb Moment on 10:08 - Oct 16 with 2583 viewsThe_Mole

Light Bulb Moment on 00:04 - Oct 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yet all of you take the time to go online and vent your spleen about it.

I don't think some of you are as out of love as you think you are.

It pains me to say it, but I think you've hit the nail firmly on the head!

It's like having a girlfriend who you've been trying to separate from for months but you just can't cut that tie and even though you know the relationship is broken, you'll always love her!
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:15 - Oct 16 with 2573 viewsSomersetHoops

Light Bulb Moment on 06:24 - Oct 16 by jonno

Agree. But I don't think it's Rangers, it's football in general which has been ruined by Sky, money etc. When I read articles which state that we are "only" now paying players £12k per week, and will not pay more than £20k, you can see why the disconnect is there between players and supporters.
"Only" £12k per week? Think about that for a minute, and compare it with your own salary and the average wage. And this for bang average footballers in the second tier of the game. Then think of the exorbitant cost of going to the game nowadays (when you can actually get there, and it hasn't been changed to some godawful time). Then you have the Club, and it's players, urging you to "make some noise" to somehow improve the way these blokes play - on the money they are earning they should not need any encouragement to put in a great performance every week. I have been supporting Rangers since the mid sixties, most years as a ST holder. For some time I had stopped really enjoying the football, not to mention the horrendous journey in driving to games, but continued out of a sense of loyalty to the Club. This summer I moved to Cyprus. I have to say I am not missing it one bit, I never thought I would.

Who's Next?

Light Bulb Moment on 10:30 - Oct 16 with 2557 viewsBrightonhoop

Agree. But I don't think it's Rangers, it's football in general which has been ruined by Sky, money etc. When I read articles which state that we are "only" now paying players £12k per week, and will not pay more than £20k, you can see why the disconnect is there between players and supporters.
"Only" £12k per week? Think about that for a minute, and compare it with your own salary and the average wage. And this for bang average footballers in the second tier of the game. Then think of the exorbitant cost of going to the game nowadays (when you can actually get there, and it hasn't been changed to some godawful time). Then you have the Club, and it's players, urging you to "make some noise" to somehow improve the way these blokes play - on the money they are earning they should not need any encouragement to put in a great performance every week. I have been supporting Rangers since the mid sixties, most years as a ST holder. For some time I had stopped really enjoying the football, not to mention the horrendous journey in driving to games, but continued out of a sense of loyalty to the Club. This summer I moved to Cyprus. I have to say I am not missing it one bit, I never thought I would.

Brilliant thread this. Good to see a few old lurkers posting again too.

For the Ollie days we weren't exactly playing like Brazil. The football at times was awful, painful to watch, but the Clubs existence was on the line and supporters turned up and roared no matter what. Tactically we were very predictable, with Big Dan going up for corners and often scoring, and watching Santos defend corners through your fingers, with Lee Cook and Rowlands causing problems getting forwards, Gino carving defences open, Birch et al, yes we had players playing for the shirt but it was hardly a best Rangers eleven. But fck me it was a joy, cheap as chips and LR rocked.

Never thought I's see us in the Prem again and so wanted Warnock to succeed, and Hughes just sucked the life out of everything. A few great memories, beating Arsenal, Sours and ton king Liverpool at LR with 3goals in 15 mins, but mostly we weren't good even with resources.

The Club is at fault in part for putting the family section behind the goal, and putting prices up. What I don't get, is how we can go and ride our luck at Folham and get a result and then seemingly sit back for a draw at home with the fake hoops. Does it take a crisis to draw out the better side of JFH? He's a young manager still learning, and I think he lacks confidence in himself, which is where Les has to step up. Simply tell him to go out and enjoy a few games. Make LR our cave again, fortress Loftus Road, you can't do that with 1-1 s against Reading.

Les and Hoosier handled the Telegraph case perfectly, but now need to step up a gear. I don't know why that isn't happening. We have a good squad with sone great players but the football is boring, insipid and uninspiring. That's how you get LR rocking, if you lose so be it, but make it attractive, attacking football and give it some wellie.

Alternatively sack JFH.
Light Bulb Moment on 10:32 - Oct 16 with 2549 viewsflynnbo

Light Bulb Moment on 02:15 - Oct 16 by WindsorHoopMan

I actually had the exact same feeling today. This is my 31st season and nowadays I go up on my own from windsor, just for a bit of escape and enjoyment away from the wife and kids, have a couple of pints, kebab, bit of a bet and generally have a good afternoon. Today I actually came away thinking I don't actually enjoy this anymore and the best thing again was the Lebanese bakery. The atmosphere is dead and has been for a number of years and the whole place just seems to have lost its mojo. The main thing is for me is that I don't have any connection or feeling towards any of the players and I don't think they have with us. Over the years we have been very lucky that many of our players have a real connection with the club and we I turn feel that we have a connection with them, but sadly this has not been the case for a few seasons now.

Agree about the Lebanese bakery.
Light Bulb Moment on 11:05 - Oct 16 with 2524 viewsted_hendrix

Apparently not.

So far I've only attended two home games this season, hardly any games at all last season and my diary for attending future games this season is blank.

I miss the craic with the lads at half time but I'll survive, I've always bleated on about supporting the club through the hard times as well as the good times but I'm worn out with whole goddam thing, I tried to give it a go again hence the two home games I've attended but Nah, it didn't really work.

A few of the lads I met at the Rochdale game and whom sometimes post on here said pretty much the same thing when I saw them before the game "hello Ted- it's still shit by the way"

Yea, yea I've had a ST since before the bloody Romans turned up on our shores but I've moved on, there's a whole new world out there.

I painted my 8 X 6 potting shed yesterday afternoon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Light Bulb Moment on 11:26 - Oct 16 with 2499 viewsian3550

I've been going off and on for nearly 50 years and now I live in Hastings, so its quite a expence in time and money and between 2005 - 15, I have managed about 14-16 games per season, last year I went to 3 home and 2 away, its just not fun anymore,
Thinking about it, the last time I truly couldnt wait to attend was the "Cisse" period in the premier league, with the Liverpool game highlighting, since then its being frustrating and boring, even the promotion season under "saviour Harry" was a hard watch, Austin excluded, He got us up!
Then the "Premier" disaster that followed, so slow, no plan, trying to not lose rather than win and it has just gone on the same since then, even listening to it on the Rangers player has been sending me to sleep, sorry but its supposed to be entertainment

HastingsR

Light Bulb Moment on 11:33 - Oct 16 with 2484 viewspeejaybee

Light Bulb Moment on 11:05 - Oct 16 by ted_hendrix

Apparently not.

So far I've only attended two home games this season, hardly any games at all last season and my diary for attending future games this season is blank.

I miss the craic with the lads at half time but I'll survive, I've always bleated on about supporting the club through the hard times as well as the good times but I'm worn out with whole goddam thing, I tried to give it a go again hence the two home games I've attended but Nah, it didn't really work.

A few of the lads I met at the Rochdale game and whom sometimes post on here said pretty much the same thing when I saw them before the game "hello Ted- it's still shit by the way"

Yea, yea I've had a ST since before the bloody Romans turned up on our shores but I've moved on, there's a whole new world out there.

Blue & White Ted ???????????????????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Light Bulb Moment on 12:08 - Oct 16 with 2448 viewsessextaxiboy

Light Bulb Moment on 11:05 - Oct 16 by ted_hendrix

Apparently not.

I have never met you Ted but your love for the club has shone through over the years .
I have thought more than once " if Ted can manage to quit anyine can "
It is like a relationship on the rocks .I havnt moved , its the Club and football in general that is moving on ..
Login to get fewer ads

Light Bulb Moment on 12:16 - Oct 16 with 2430 viewsDiscodroids

At the moment, Ive got about as much Passion for QPR and the national team as Alan Turing on his chemical course of testosterone suppressors.

I gave up totally on watching the national side around 2010, and although i'll never turn my back On QPR, its at an all time Low holding my interest. Might be my age ( 49 in 2 weeks) or a culmination of years of the club rooting and rutting in the bog . I cant inject any passion as ot why JFH Should stay or leave.

Its like staring at the walls skagged to the balls on Horse.

Im going to The Norwich Game but im looking forward to a few beers with Paul Parker and essex Taxi more than the actual game itself.

And thats saying something with those two boring gits.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 13:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Light Bulb Moment on 12:16 - Oct 16 with 2430 viewsbosh67

Superb thread Essex. 100% with you. I only got to spend time with my dad these days. It really doesn't mean what it did.

It's not all Rangers' fault because the game has changed so much and it is a business rather than an entertainment business. It's lost its identity, or a lot of it.

Re Rangers, I think some of this squad are capable of more than we are seeing but I also think JFH isn't a strong enough manager to get the ideas across and I still question the coaching. Each week we see a team set up not to lose that has one sure fire guarantee and that is that it can lose. We don't attack with shape or intensity. Yesterday's goal was a rarity, a good through ball.

We also set up teams with hardly any midfield playmaking sense. Playing Borysiuk and Henry yesterday made no sense at all. I understand that Luongo had played half way round the world but he was the only player with a vague sense of play making skill.

Overall, watching rangers is a flat experience these days.

The kit's nice though.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Light Bulb Moment on 12:22 - Oct 16 with 2410 viewsDiscodroids

Light Bulb Moment on 12:16 - Oct 16 by bosh67

Superb thread Essex. 100% with you. I only got to spend time with my dad these days. It really doesn't mean what it did.

It's not all Rangers' fault because the game has changed so much and it is a business rather than an entertainment business. It's lost its identity, or a lot of it.

Re Rangers, I think some of this squad are capable of more than we are seeing but I also think JFH isn't a strong enough manager to get the ideas across and I still question the coaching. Each week we see a team set up not to lose that has one sure fire guarantee and that is that it can lose. We don't attack with shape or intensity. Yesterday's goal was a rarity, a good through ball.

We also set up teams with hardly any midfield playmaking sense. Playing Borysiuk and Henry yesterday made no sense at all. I understand that Luongo had played half way round the world but he was the only player with a vague sense of play making skill.

Overall, watching rangers is a flat experience these days.

The kit's nice though.

'I only got to spend time with my dad these days.'

That gave me a ready brek Glow .

I convinced the old man , East Ham Dave, to leave the west Ham working mans club for a change and to my amazement he agreed to come to the wolves Home game with me and my son Simon, another 'hammer' ( but named after stainrod of course). Then Sky Moved it and he wont go to a night game as its too far for him at night. He likes to be home early these days.

Rare times together at the football ruined by Sky.

Fakin Sky!.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 13:32]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Light Bulb Moment on 13:26 - Oct 16 with 2342 viewsSnipper

I haven't been enjoying going for years. It's a bloody chore. At half time yesterday, the two of us said stuff this, lets go to the pub. So we did :-).
Light Bulb Moment on 15:53 - Oct 16 with 2239 viewscaliforniahoop

Yep, I very seldom go without the kids these days, the football is poor, I understand TF is looking for stability but you have to be brave and cut your losses sometimes.

To quick with Warnock ( not the long term solution but would have got us stabilised) to quick with Sparky( a boring guy but again would have got it right) to long with RedCrap, maybe should have been brave last summer and let Ramsey go behind the scene sooner, and finally, I am starting to believe JFH isn't up to it!

He has had nearly a year, the squad is good enough to challenge for a top 8 place but screw the results, the performances have been dire, no improvement in 12 months, come on TF, we pay to be entertained, WE ARE NOT being ENTERTAINED!

By turning up home and away, we show our commitment, I for one appreciate the job you have done to-date but please do not plead with us to be the 12th man when the first 11 are no shows!
Light Bulb Moment on 17:07 - Oct 16 with 2193 viewsCroydonCaptJack

How many more variations on a thread can we have about how it's no fun anymore at LR.
Light Bulb Moment on 19:17 - Oct 16 with 2148 viewsloftboy

Light Bulb Moment on 15:53 - Oct 16 by californiahoop

Yep, I very seldom go without the kids these days, the football is poor, I understand TF is looking for stability but you have to be brave and cut your losses sometimes.

To quick with Warnock ( not the long term solution but would have got us stabilised) to quick with Sparky( a boring guy but again would have got it right) to long with RedCrap, maybe should have been brave last summer and let Ramsey go behind the scene sooner, and finally, I am starting to believe JFH isn't up to it!

He has had nearly a year, the squad is good enough to challenge for a top 8 place but screw the results, the performances have been dire, no improvement in 12 months, come on TF, we pay to be entertained, WE ARE NOT being ENTERTAINED!

By turning up home and away, we show our commitment, I for one appreciate the job you have done to-date but please do not plead with us to be the 12th man when the first 11 are no shows!

Too quick with sparky!!! He should have been sacked two months earlier.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Light Bulb Moment on 19:50 - Oct 16 with 1751 viewsLongsufferingR

Light Bulb Moment on 17:07 - Oct 16 by CroydonCaptJack

How many more variations on a thread can we have about how it's no fun anymore at LR.

If we don't beat Bristol City, 78.
If we do beat Bristol City, 64.
Light Bulb Moment on 00:15 - Oct 17 with 1638 viewsdaveB

I don't think it's a problem only at QPR, football is becoming a lot less enjoyable at most clubs, i've watched most live games on tv this season and only really seen 2 or 3 that were worth bothering with. Most fans are saying how bored they are with their team at the moment
Light Bulb Moment on 00:24 - Oct 17 with 1628 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is it a little bit of anger manifesting itself as apathy?

The usual complaints about Sky, ticket prices, and footballers wiping their arses with £20 notes must take a toll.
Light Bulb Moment on 09:35 - Oct 17 with 1555 viewsfrancisbowles

Football is getting less entertaining as for a while now teams are increasingly set up to cancel out the opposition and as time goes on they are getting better and better at it. Future opponents are analysed to the extreme using all the modern methods available. Players are coached and organised into cutting down space to deny opponents time and room on the ball.

It doesn't make for open attacking football especially as you look beyond the 'elite'.

It is especially poor entertainment wise in the first half as players stick rigidly to their roles and often ends up as 0-0 at the interval.

Their seems to be a trend towards the high press, high fitness methods from Klopp to JFH which facilitates the ability to keep denying the opposition for longer and longer into the game and leads to so many late one goal wins.
Light Bulb Moment on 10:05 - Oct 17 with 1541 viewsDorse

I don't get to many games due to a combination of work, cost etc so I can't speak to what it's like at HQ every week. What I can say is that, for the first time since Pallidini wandered into town, I actually feel like the club is moving in the right direction.

* They are refusing to pay silly wages to mercenaries like Samba, Traore, Remy, Cisse, Barton, Park, Cesar, etc.
* They have promoted youth in the shape of Furlong, Kpekewa (who we actually got a fee for!!), Kakay, Hamalainen and Shodipo.
* They didn't instantly sack JFH as they would have done not that long ago.
* The players brought into the club have, by and large, been sensible and clearly see QPR as somewhere they actually want to be.
* Old players are now being treated as part of the club 'family'.
* The club is, however cack-handedly, trying to connect to the fans - actually seeing them as vital cogs in the machine rather than revenue streams.

All of these elements are things we have wanted (sometimes pretty vocally) in the past. From a distance, admittedly, it feels like they at least are trying to do the right thing.

The water pressure in the Ellerslie khazi might not be akin to Old Faithful spouting up your aris, the burgers are rejected from aid convoys bound for famine zones, the ersatz beer-replacement-beverage is undrinkable, Karl Henry is still in the first XI etc - I'm not ignoring any of that. I just feel as though the club has made some decent decisions over the last 18 months. The rate of turn for the club is pretty slow but it is definitely changing direction.

I am best categorised as a Happy Clapper, I suppose. Doesn't make me a bad person.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Light Bulb Moment on 10:55 - Oct 17 with 1508 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I've spent a lot of time out of London and the UK since 1990 and ironically enough, I'm currently overseas.

Watching from afar and then returning as I have frequently done, I've noticed a lot of things in terms of mood swings among the Rfosi over the years. And the things that are most noticeable are firstly, that no matter how good things are for many, there is always a portion of fans who moan. Secondly, in those times when it's perceived to be going well by independent observers shall we say, we have the following characteristics: an out-and-out star who we see as the latest reincarnation of Rodney, a style of play that is evident and which made us everyone else's second favourite club and we have a canny manager.

However, while Sexton, Francis part one and Warnock hit the ground running, El Tel and Olly took time. The other 600 or so managers have to varying degrees, been gash! JFH could argue that the culmination of the monumental cancer that engulfed this club, starting the day Paladin walked in which heralded scores of clowns, charlatans and out right twunts to follow, means he is here at possibly the lowest point in our history, given all the variables in play. While I do think he needs to be a bit more positive, as one poster above mentioned, a lot of parallels with the start of the Olly period are evident.

This being said, hoofing JFH might not be the smartest move. Rfosi I'm afraid need a reality check I think because at this precise moment, what we're really doing, is wading out of the self-made mire we've got ourselves into. Maybe Henry is the anti-Christ, but the current crop of gallacticos has some ability within it and what JFH has to do is find the right combo.

However, what remains glaring obvious for me, unlike the five managers I've referred to and even some of the crappier ones, he hasn't got anyone in midfield that can either pull the strings and/or by sheer dint of character, will those around him to win. Despite Ned as captain/RB we're solid st the back and if we were more positive going forward, we've got some ability there as well. We're unlikely to get a Currie or a Wilkins, but put a Bircham or Derry in that team and it might jack things up a bit.

If we're going to play this 4231 then of the midfield options we have, I still don't think we've got our heartbeat. We're not talking huge money, but we are looking at that type of chap who might be more solid then spectacular and more journeyman then joyous, and that man should be a lot easier to find then the maverick we often crave.

Stick with it Rfosi!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 12:48]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Light Bulb Moment on 11:00 - Oct 17 with 1501 viewsLongsufferingR

Light Bulb Moment on 10:55 - Oct 17 by PlanetHonneywood

I've spent a lot of time out of London and the UK since 1990 and ironically enough, I'm currently overseas.

Watching from afar and then returning as I have frequently done, I've noticed a lot of things in terms of mood swings among the Rfosi over the years. And the things that are most noticeable are firstly, that no matter how good things are for many, there is always a portion of fans who moan. Secondly, in those times when it's perceived to be going well by independent observers shall we say, we have the following characteristics: an out-and-out star who we see as the latest reincarnation of Rodney, a style of play that is evident and which made us everyone else's second favourite club and we have a canny manager.

However, while Sexton, Francis part one and Warnock hit the ground running, El Tel and Olly took time. The other 600 or so managers have to varying degrees, been gash! JFH could argue that the culmination of the monumental cancer that engulfed this club, starting the day Paladin walked in which heralded scores of clowns, charlatans and out right twunts to follow, means he is here at possibly the lowest point in our history, given all the variables in play. While I do think he needs to be a bit more positive, as one poster above mentioned, a lot of parallels with the start of the Olly period are evident.

This being said, hoofing JFH might not be the smartest move. Rfosi I'm afraid need a reality check I think because at this precise moment, what we're really doing, is wading out of the self-made mire we've got ourselves into. Maybe Henry is the anti-Christ, but the current crop of gallacticos has some ability within it and what JFH has to do is find the right combo.

However, what remains glaring obvious for me, unlike the five managers I've referred to and even some of the crappier ones, he hasn't got anyone in midfield that can either pull the strings and/or by sheer dint of character, will those around him to win. Despite Ned as captain/RB we're solid st the back and if we were more positive going forward, we've got some ability there as well. We're unlikely to get a Currie or a Wilkins, but put a Bircham or Derry in that team and it might jack things up a bit.

If we're going to play this 4231 then of the midfield options we have, I still don't think we've got our heartbeat. We're not talking huge money, but we are looking at that type of chap who might be more solid then spectacular and more journeyman then joyous, and that man should be a lot easier to find then the maverick we often crave.

Stick with it Rfosi!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 12:48]

It's refreshing to read well thought out and sensible posts on here rather than the knee-jerk doom and gloom every time we don't win 3-0. More of this sort of analysis please rather than "sack the manager" and "sack Tottenham Les" every bleeding week.
Light Bulb Moment on 11:18 - Oct 17 with 1482 viewsTHEBUSH

Think I've enjoyed all the games I've attended down the old Shepherds Bush and I've been to a few, since the 50's.
The one game I hated was against Wimbledon many years ago, when they were passing the ball back to their goalkeeper from the half way line, ugh.
Those were the days when it was still legal, football wise, for the goalkeeper to pick the ball up and waste time, ugh.
I've also seen plenty of other dire games, but somehow managed to enjoy them, perhaps it's just me, but I love football, simple
Light Bulb Moment on 11:41 - Oct 17 with 1465 viewstimcocking

Yes, it's modern football. All seaters. I bet most fans/teams think the same nowadays.
Light Bulb Moment on 11:46 - Oct 17 with 1451 viewsrobith

AON (I don't feel the same as many, but I am much younger), but over 7 managers, 5 seasons and about 212 players we always do this kick off thing where we pass it back then kick it high to the right wing and lose possession immediately. Is it written on the door or something? It does my head in!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024