Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 22:13 - Jan 12 with 12104 viewsYorkRanger

Really impressed with that performance and what is this thing about delivering really good set pieces.

Could really be a great find.
Manning on 07:38 - Jan 13 with 3537 viewsrobith

Good Galway lad to boot
Manning on 07:42 - Jan 13 with 3524 viewsozranger

Manning on 07:31 - Jan 13 by ElHoop

He looks really good - all round. The goal was as much about him getting there and where he was when he got there. This is what we haven't been doing - getting midfielders up the pitch into the right areas and doing something useful when they get there. I hate to say it but there was something vaguely Fat Frankish about his contribution to the goal. Also hate to say it but Harry deserves a little bit of credit for him being with us:
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-th
We do need to sort out his contract though, if we haven't done so already.

Nothing freakish. In one of the replays you see Manning taking a peek as to where Mackie is before the ball is about to come to him. That is that maturity that you do not see with enough players. However, as you say, the fact he was there was more than has been the case in the past.
Manning on 07:53 - Jan 13 with 3480 viewsRs_Holy

Lets hope he signs a new deal soon.... Big fear is his agent will be looking at that performance with £ signs in his eyes.
Manning on 09:29 - Jan 13 with 3253 viewsRickyDicky

Manning on 22:24 - Jan 12 by bosh67

Takes up some terrific positions and sees the game very quickly. Pass for the goal with the outside of his left foot was total class. Getting better with each game.

Here it is

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10726601/reading-0-1-qpr

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Manning on 09:33 - Jan 13 with 3233 viewsfrancisbowles

When I saw him at Wolves, I was impressed with his intelligent passing. He's got a cultured left foot, reminds me just a little of someone else whose name I won't mention. I don't want to heap excessive praise on the lad.

We need to nurture him very carefully!
Manning on 09:54 - Jan 13 with 3184 viewsdannyblue

Looks good. Great start to his career. Fantastic beautiful assist. The footballer rather than athlete point is spot on.

Three times a man ran past him with the ball in midfield after showing him one way and going the other. He needs to work on that so that his obvious football intelligence can make up for his lack of pace.

Really good to have young players emerging this season.
Manning on 10:12 - Jan 13 with 3103 viewsW7Ranger

Manning on 23:08 - Jan 12 by DeepcutHoop

Might just be my favourite assist since Taarabt to Routledge.

I'm a sucker for an outside of the foot pass, clearly

Or Taarabt's lay off for SWP at Chel****
Manning on 10:30 - Jan 13 with 3048 viewsNW5Hoop

Manning on 09:33 - Jan 13 by francisbowles

When I saw him at Wolves, I was impressed with his intelligent passing. He's got a cultured left foot, reminds me just a little of someone else whose name I won't mention. I don't want to heap excessive praise on the lad.

We need to nurture him very carefully!

Why is it only left feet that are cultured? No one ever has a cultured right foot.
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 10:35 - Jan 13 with 3021 viewstkqpr

Manning on 22:43 - Jan 12 by SuffolkHoop

Manning was MOM for me. Things change quickly in football don't they...And we've finally got rid of useless Redknapps legacy of expensive sh it.

Where was Washington? I want him to succeed.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:44]

This could well be Rednapp's leagacy as i think he was signed under Rednapp?
Manning on 10:41 - Jan 13 with 2989 viewsW7Ranger

Quite simply pass of the season.
Manning on 10:44 - Jan 13 with 2976 viewsShunter

Local rag reported the Manning pass as a nudge - WTF !!

Wszolek galloped down the right and the Pole’s low cross was nudged by Ryan Manning towards Mackie, who netted from close range.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-reading-full-time-12012017
Manning on 11:17 - Jan 13 with 2923 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 10:35 - Jan 13 by tkqpr

This could well be Rednapp's leagacy as i think he was signed under Rednapp?

Pretty sure I read a piece recently that said that Ferdinand had to talk Redknapp into the signing as he was against it and that Redknapp and Ramsey had spotted Manning while they were at Spurs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning on 11:28 - Jan 13 with 2881 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 10:44 - Jan 13 by Shunter

Wszolek galloped down the right and the Pole’s low cross was nudged by Ryan Manning towards Mackie, who netted from close range.

Thats better than Reading paper last night, they called it a shot!
Manning on 11:36 - Jan 13 with 2835 viewsKetteringRangers

That pass last night to Mackie was simply magnificent.
What of seen of him so far is that he likes to get stuck in. Never shirks a pass, always looking to create. Looking for that incisive pass to our striker. I think this lad is a real find & fair play to Ollie for adding him to the squad where he didn't even have a squad number.
Manning on 11:41 - Jan 13 with 2813 viewsGetMeRangers

Manning on 00:54 - Jan 13 by Neil_SI

It was a really clever ball, the kind of pass you don't see too many players attempt to make these days, because a lot of them are athletes before they are footballers. But this lad looks like he is a footballer, which is a good sign. I miss those guys.

It was all the more impressive that he showed such composure and vision to be able to produce such a fantastic pass, in what was only his third appearance as a pro. You hope this is the kind of moment that helps elevate him to the next level too, as sometimes these key events can have a profound impact on youngsters.

But, as ever, we need to keep our feet on the ground and give him the breathing space and time to develop. He still has a long way to go to prove he can perform consistently over a lengthy period of time. It's fair to say however that he's slotted right in and looked at home so far, and long may that continue.

Perhaps a consequence of getting the youngsters to express themselves. Often the youth games are full of this sort of thing and i have always found quite good entertainment on QPR Player
Manning on 12:11 - Jan 13 with 2859 viewsLongsufferingR

Manning on 11:41 - Jan 13 by GetMeRangers

Perhaps a consequence of getting the youngsters to express themselves. Often the youth games are full of this sort of thing and i have always found quite good entertainment on QPR Player

Exactly. Also a good reason for people to stop obsessing about the final scores in youth matches and concentrate on the progress of the players instead.
Manning on 12:16 - Jan 13 with 2836 viewsbrad

we need to get this lad signed up..... contract up in the summer....hes a gem.... will get better with each game...i thought we had blown it with him...fair play to ollie for playing him.....SO GIVE HIM A NEW CONTRACT NOW TONY!!!
Manning on 12:31 - Jan 13 with 2800 viewskensalriser

Manning on 10:30 - Jan 13 by NW5Hoop

Why is it only left feet that are cultured? No one ever has a cultured right foot.

It's the liberal left PC do-gooders and their so-called positive discrimination that prevents right feet from getting their proper dues.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Manning on 15:49 - Jan 13 with 2629 viewsYorkRanger

Manning on 10:44 - Jan 13 by Shunter

The Times refers to Manning's pass for the goal as "a delightful flick"
Manning on 15:57 - Jan 13 with 2595 viewsFDC

Manning on 15:49 - Jan 13 by YorkRanger

The Times refers to Manning's pass for the goal as "a delightful flick"

That's better, although I would have gone with "a sublime first-time through ball with the outside of his foot, played at pace and taking two defenders out of the game at a stroke, delivering the goal to Mackie on a plate."
Manning on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 2579 viewsNeil_SI

Manning on 11:41 - Jan 13 by GetMeRangers

Yeah that's very possible. On his debut he played some passes backwards to defenders and nearly put them in trouble once or twice. It's not that it was the wrong pass, but it's not one you often see done in the professional game because of the risk of playing it around the back and making a mistake is too high.

But at youth level, they're often told to express themselves, to play their game and to not worry so much about making mistakes. Therefore, it can be a steep learning curve when playing at competitive first-team level, simply because it puts you on a different wavelength and expectation in relation to senior players.

It's nice to see how much discussion the assist has produced as well. It's always a positive sign when people who saw it live or on first viewing didn't realise it was intentional or weren't sure if it was. It was a well-intended disguised ball through, and deliberately deceptive. It looks all the more clever in replays, but it fooled a fair few at the time on first viewing and that always makes it a really great pass and piece of skill.
Manning on 20:03 - Jan 13 with 2430 viewsfrancisbowles

Manning on 10:30 - Jan 13 by NW5Hoop

Tarabt did.
Manning on 20:12 - Jan 13 with 2414 viewsPunteR

Looks a proper good player. Gets stuck in, doesnt get fazed and looks to move the ball quick.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Manning on 21:01 - Jan 13 with 2342 viewsBrightonhoop

Manning on 16:00 - Jan 13 by Neil_SI

Yeah that's very possible. On his debut he played some passes backwards to defenders and nearly put them in trouble once or twice. It's not that it was the wrong pass, but it's not one you often see done in the professional game because of the risk of playing it around the back and making a mistake is too high.

But at youth level, they're often told to express themselves, to play their game and to not worry so much about making mistakes. Therefore, it can be a steep learning curve when playing at competitive first-team level, simply because it puts you on a different wavelength and expectation in relation to senior players.

It's nice to see how much discussion the assist has produced as well. It's always a positive sign when people who saw it live or on first viewing didn't realise it was intentional or weren't sure if it was. It was a well-intended disguised ball through, and deliberately deceptive. It looks all the more clever in replays, but it fooled a fair few at the time on first viewing and that always makes it a really great pass and piece of skill.

So much better watching live if you can, on a day off, from SAR. They are quite sublime, but cannot fill the pitch. Naive too. Someone picked up a bad injury during half time and stood around looking at him until the old boys yelled 'Go and get a fcking medic ffs' lol
It's a joy to watch. £5 in. Back in the Bill Power days. And Bill turned out. Dont know what it costs these days but if you have a day off in the week, and if you dont take one,
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 21:11]
Manning on 21:04 - Jan 13 with 2334 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Manning on 20:03 - Jan 13 by francisbowles

Tarabt did.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024